Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,274 members, 7,864,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:39 PM

Atiku Asked Jonathan To Relinquish Presidential Ticket In 2015 - Governor Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Asked Jonathan To Relinquish Presidential Ticket In 2015 - Governor Wike (285 Views)

Atiku asked for Zoning In 2010 But Is Rejecting It In 2022 / Ebenezer Babatope: I Asked Jonathan Not To Hand Over To Buhari In 2015 / 'The Candidates': Atiku Asked To Define 'Corruption' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Asked Jonathan To Relinquish Presidential Ticket In 2015 - Governor Wike by johnjacobogir: 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyTBDRi2Gr0

Atiku Asked Jonathan To Relinquish Presidential Ticket In 2015 - Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has recounted the condition that the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, gave former president, Goodluck Jonathan, in 2015.

He said when Jonathan went to plead for Atiku's support in London ahead of the 2015 election, the latter told him to relinquish his presidential ticket.

Speaking at the inauguration of the Akpabu-Itu-Umudiogha-Egbeda Road in Emohua local government area of Rivers State, on Tuesday, Wike said he never made such "selfish" request of Atiku.

Wike said, "People forget history easily. In 2015, Jonathan as an incumbent president, when he had won his primary, went to London, in Dorchester Hotel. He went to plead with this our presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, that 'Please my brother, come back to the party and support me.'

"You know the condition they gave to Jonathan? He should relinquish his ticket to run as president of Nigeria. That was a sitting president and the presidential candidate of a ruling party and they gave him that condition.

"Today, we are not being selfish, keep the presidential candidate let our people take chairmanship, they say they will kill me. Is that possible?"

Credit: AIT

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Asked Jonathan To Relinquish Presidential Ticket In 2015 - Governor Wike by sundayabuo47: 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
Wetin Atiku and the G5 governors like make den do, Atiku will never smell that presidential office. A Fulani man will never succeed another Fulani as the president here in Nigeria.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Asked Jonathan To Relinquish Presidential Ticket In 2015 - Governor Wike by umarmaidawa: 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2022

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Asked Jonathan To Relinquish Presidential Ticket In 2015 - Governor Wike by vnzube576: 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2022
His name is Peter—it means rock. On this rock we will lay the foundation for a new Nigeria and the gates of APC and PDP shall not prevail.�
Re: Atiku Asked Jonathan To Relinquish Presidential Ticket In 2015 - Governor Wike by shuaibuabd: 2:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
Whether with Wike or not..

ATIKU will be emerge victorious on 25/2/23...

Cos of large numbers of north PVC....***

** pls Batifiers& Obidiences mark my word.. majority always the Winer..

ATIKU Okowa God's choosen.. like 2015***like 2023. ###
Re: Atiku Asked Jonathan To Relinquish Presidential Ticket In 2015 - Governor Wike by sulemanmaaz: 2:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
No matter any opinions people may have against you, you're the most outspoken governor in Nigeria. Very brave and fearless. Obi-Datti will continue from where GEJ stopped

1 Like

Re: Atiku Asked Jonathan To Relinquish Presidential Ticket In 2015 - Governor Wike by Aboks(m): 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2022
Wike my man

(1) (Reply)

Mother Of All Rallies, We’re Taking Back Naija – Peter Obi / : Adeleke Fires 12,000 Workers And Puts Appointment Of 3 Obas On Hold / Invest Laundered Wealth At Home & Enjoy Life Denied Africans Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.