Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,227 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (47580 Views)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by SMJay: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
What is the brutal truth about life after marriage?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by IyaTola: 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
It’s boring. Ish gets real and you see true colors. It’s a test to see if you can deal with a persons negative energy. Nobody is perfect but can you deal with THAT person’s negative seasons? Can you forgive easily? Or will you eventually get tired of the bs??

328 Likes 27 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by MufasaLion: 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
If you're not financially buoyant, you will regret it.

681 Likes 42 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Aboks(m): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
Hmmmmmm.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by SMJay: 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2022
shocked
MufasaLion:

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Helpout12345: 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2022
All pretence will end from both parties. You will see each other in 3D.

You will be offended and re-offended. Your tolerance and forgiveness will be tested over and over again.

No marriage is perfect as no one is perfect.

If you marry for the wrong reason or married a wrong person, or if marriage is not for your type of person,
the marriage will be terrible.

If marriage is meant for you, you marry the right person for the right reasons, you have the compatibility, both of you truly love each other, finance is adequate for both of you, you will enjoy the marriage.

403 Likes 29 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by faithfull18(f): 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
If you marry the right one who truly understands what marriage is about, truly loves God and keeps his commands, doesn't cheat or sleep around, is 100% honest and transparent about everything, is diligent and you both can work together to achieve common goals, you will enjoy heaven on earth wink

255 Likes 22 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Karleb(m): 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2022
People who have been pressuring to marry will not give you shishi. grin

624 Likes 53 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2022
You will know that there's a world of difference between being broke as a single man and being broke as a married man.

679 Likes 66 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by stacyadams: 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
You will know that there's a world of difference between being broke as a single man and being broke as a married man.
...walai ....walai

206 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Reggaemich(m): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
U will realize that they are 2 things involved

Is either marriage breaks u (destroys u)

Or either marriage makes u (progress/success in all areas)

152 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by CaveAdullam: 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
1. The chances of achieving your goal become impossible or ultra slim.

2. As a father you will hardly have time for yourself because you are bothered about family bills.

3. Your only joy as a father is that your kids are healthy, intelligent, and becoming responsible.

4. As a father, the love your family has for you is predicated on the magnitude of your food storage and the depth of your pocket.

5. As a father when things go sour, the respect from nuclear and extended family plummets.

6. As a mother, you must serve your husband and children. You don't have time for vacations or rest.

7. As a father you will have at least one child that will behave in such a manner that it is as if he/she hates the family and wants to ruin the family name intentionally.

8. As a father only loyalty to your vows will keep you from infidelity because your wife will become boring by the day. Ditto for the mother.

9. The flames that run the marriage don't burn on their own. To keep the marriage fresh and the union alive the husband and wife must fan the flames.

10. As a father you'll one day be shocked and remain long-standing with mouth wide open, eyes gazing far when you are being asked "what have you done for me that you are using to boast".

11. As a mother you'll be expected to lead and provide even though it is not within your jurisdiction.

Marriage is a dreadful but enjoyable journey and must only be engaged by men and women who will be accountable and deliberate enough to hold to their specific marriage vows. Because marriage is the building block of civilization. The man and woman must be buoyant in the financial, physical, and spiritual angles (not religious) with no emotional baggage.

Thanks.

685 Likes 85 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Raalsalghul: 9:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bills! Bills! Bills!

Less sex!

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Relationship = Marriage
Marriage = Relationship.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ibkayee(f): 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2022
Not being able to sleep diagonally on the bed anymore

167 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ogawisdom(m): 11:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Have enough money ��� n you will be fine. Love/marriage works better with enough money.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Hekhekhe azin he will know the unknown..grin

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by frozen70(f): 3:59am On Nov 24, 2022
MufasaLion:

Finance is not the major problem of marriage, the main problem is the attitude of the person you are married to

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by frozen70(f): 4:03am On Nov 24, 2022
SMJay:
What is the brutal truth about life after marriage?

What I can say is, make sure you marry someone you love very well and let that person be your friend

No matter the situation, if you respect each other, you guys will cope

Life after marriage will humble you no matter how tough, stupid or careless you are

94 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Crampyblood(m): 6:20am On Nov 24, 2022
Stay tf away from marriage!!

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Tokskob2008: 8:16am On Nov 24, 2022
When you unluckily pick the wrong partner your life will never remain the same again for ever.

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by cadet222(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2022
Unlimited Sex

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by masam(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2022
Marriage is not cheap!!! Dont marry if you cant run daily expenses

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by jelel6: 11:50am On Nov 24, 2022
CaveAdullam:

10. As a father you'll one day be shocked and remain long-standing with mouth wide open, eyes gazing far when you are being asked "what have you done for me that you are using to boast".

This brought back memories and got me hysterical. grin grin

I was very recently close to a girl for about a year, not romantically but quite close and good friends. Naturally, we both did help each other out as our capacity permits.

We had a week-long quarrel once and as we both sat down to talk things through, she said with a straight face that I don't ever help her with a particular "issue". worse thing, she said that in passing without any prompt from me. I was so shocked I said goodnight and went to sleep. I just had to pretend that was never said so we could both move on.

Guess what cause our initial quarrel? At the course of me helping her with THAT same particular "issue". undecided grin Something I've been helping with every now and then for over 8 months. Rude awakening!

I was shocked. I thought I was in cuckooland. I don't easily get flustered but she easily did got me that day. It'd much easier for you to convince me 2 + 2 = 0 than make me understand why she said what she said.

I can only imagine how a married man (woman? hardly) must feel if their loving wife just bloat out "what have you ever done for me?" in the middle of an argument. grin

Our sisters, and wifeys them, that are guilty of the above in the heat of the moment, why Una dey yarn that talk. I would truly like to know? wink

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ogub(m): 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2022
That's why before anyone get's married he/ she should consult the creator of the institution called marriage to seek his guidance and directives, to avoid bitter experiences.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Sexyliciousbri: 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2022
Find the right person and it's awesome.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Nko1: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
Don’t go broke

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
You lose some of your freedom. No more sleep overs, no 100% privacy, more people want to know about your shit.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by ahnie: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2022
Here to read funny comments

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Ndidi2: 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2022
Karleb:
People who have been pressuring to marry will not give you shishi. grin
l no fit laff

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Ndidi2: 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
Raalsalghul:
Bills! Bills! Bills!

Less sex!
you guys will not kill me with laff for here.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Ndidi2: 7:09pm On Nov 24, 2022
ibkayee:
Not being able to sleep diagonally on the bed anymore
l de tell u.
Most times I prefer the floor.

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

11 Female Struggles Girls Go Through That Men Will Never Understand / I Want To Divorce And Live Alone / Nairaland Christmas Giveaway by Twaci (2018 Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.