Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (21996 Views)

The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by akinsmail51: 11:32am On Apr 01
Meeting someone and marrying them is a lot like pursuing your dream job.

There is an opening. You get excited. You write up a flashy resume, and you apply. You follow up, pass a series of interviews, and you get the job!

Congratulations.

But, that’s not the end of it; it’s just the beginning. Because now you actually have a job to do. Daily. Repeatedly. Indefinitely.

At this new workplace, you will spend years, deciphering, manoeuvring, managing, riding a rollercoaster, compromising, learning, laughing, growing, dedicating, working overtime, placating, understanding, failing and succeeding.

The outcomes of this job will vary. You might get sacked or be made redundant. You might quit. You might last decades and retire with a fantastic pension. There are no guarantees.

The one thing everyone will tell you is that you’ll get out of it what you put into it. Mostly anyway.

That’s marriage, in a nutshell.

~Feef

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Namaster: 11:33am On Apr 01
1. Sex plummets.

2. Familiarity abounds and contempt follows.

3. Rebellion to prove you are not the boss of her is not unheard of.

4. You could end up raising the bastards of her boss, coworker or ex.

5. More responsibility, FEWER appreciation.

6. Unlimited entitlement.

7. Her family problem is yours to bear and your family should DISAPPEAR.

8. You will NEVER win another argument.

9. You are ALWAYS wrong.

10. You slave and slave and slave for her pleasure.

269 Likes 26 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by dawnomike(m): 11:42am On Apr 01
I guess the poster above me has some experiences to share...

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Rokiat(f): 11:45am On Apr 01
Namaster:
1. Sex plummets.

2. Familiarity abounds and contempt follows.

3. Rebellion to prove you are not the boss of her is not unheard of.

4. You could end up raising the bastards of her boss, coworker or ex.

5. More responsibility, FEWER appreciation.

6. Unlimited entitlement.

7. Her family problem is yours to bear and your family should DISAPPEAR.

8. You will NEVER win another argument.

9. You are ALWAYS wrong.

10. You slave and slave and slave for her pleasure.
You get what you put in.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Ballzproblem2: 11:48am On Apr 01
the spark in the relationship dies out after a few years,couples just learn to live with themselves.

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by cutecommend: 11:50am On Apr 01
It is well...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Veecruz: 12:11pm On Apr 01
Its harvest time

1 Like

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by labake1(f): 12:39pm On Apr 01
Life after marriage is not easy
I love you becomes I hate you

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Sonnobax15(m): 12:41pm On Apr 01
lipsrsealed
Had a similar conversation with a married friend of mine two days ago.. I was complaining about how difficult it has become to find a good woman to marry.... He laughed and said to me --"life after marriage isn't easy at all bro....Most times you just have to accept each other's demon and live to manage dem together"

Omoh,na once I asked myself codedly--"Is marriage really meant for me"? grin

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Babbyad: 1:04pm On Apr 01
Hmmm...
Ballzproblem2:
the spark in the relationship dies out after a few years,couples just learn to live with themselves.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01
That's just the truth. You hardly see people who have being married displaying affections for each other publicly.but in the beginning it was all love and butterflies in the tummy.na so e be.what matters is that despite all the issue.you prefer to be with this one person.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by obinna58(m): 1:48pm On Apr 01
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

That’s how it’s supposed to be but looks like crap is the only thing they can replicate in large quantities

79 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:05pm On Apr 01
obinna58:

That’s how it’s supposed to be but looks like crap is the only thing they can replicate in large quantities
😂😂😂😂😂.sometimes what you put in.you get nothing.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by obinna58(m): 2:29pm On Apr 01
Aaaaarghmed:
😂😂😂😂😂.sometimes what you put in.you get nothing.
Absolute nothing, judging by the constant thread on nairaland: carry her go oyibo land, she go chase you out of the house and even deport you, train her for school, she go use am as opportunity to find someone better, start business for her and e go be like say you just kickstart competition for house and helping your inlaws, na you go begin ask yourself where’s the multiplication but then give her just one bulsh!t and she’ll give you back in large quantity as a lucky man you are else it’ll be a lifetime retaliation

101 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by imagrg(m): 5:26pm On Apr 01
That the woman is your foster-mother.
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by WeirdAlien: 5:40pm On Apr 01
Life after marriage??
Does that mean at the end of marriage?
Life after wedding (ceremony) would have been the correct title!

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Offpointng: 6:14pm On Apr 01
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

You give woman millions of sperm and she gives you just a kid. That to me is Nothing but Failure.

You're pointless

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01
You will discover that your is earning never enough.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by helinues: 6:32pm On Apr 01
Those who had no intention of changing their behaviors shouldn't expect to change their partner's behavior after marriage

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by papyjaypaul: 7:31pm On Apr 01
30 yrs

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by tiswell(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

nonsense quote from an efulefu feminist

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by tiswell(m): 7:49pm On Apr 01
WeirdAlien:
Life after marriage??
Does that mean at the end of marriage?
Life after wedding (ceremony) would have been the correct title!
which one is life after wedding ceremony,na everybody go do WHITE wedding?

Besides,wedding a non Nigerian-virgin is one of the 7 ways to be phoolish

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by WeirdAlien: 8:02pm On Apr 01
tiswell:
which one is life after wedding ceremony,na everybody go do WHITE wedding?

Besides,wedding a non Nigerian-virgin is one of the 7 ways to be phoolish

Whether traditional or white or islamic or court. It's a wedding.
Marriage is the life you live after wedding.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Savedday2: 8:29pm On Apr 01
The truth is, many men don't really know the implications of what they are getting into at the start.

When I see married men, I always pity them.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by FRANCISTOWN: 9:24pm On Apr 01
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

I wonder what men who are victims of paternity fraud are giving to their wives. Well! What more could I ever expect from a gender with distorted hypothalamus?

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by FRANCISTOWN: 9:25pm On Apr 01
papyjaypaul:
30 yrs
Let the man go for DNA test. Someone is def. being fooled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Veecruz: 12:36am On Apr 02
FRANCISTOWN:

Let the man go for DNA test. Someone is def. being fooled.

Kai! One woman don wound you baad with baby wey no be ya own. Men see suffering.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Omoawoke: 12:53am On Apr 02
Rokiat:

You get what you put in.

I don’t know where you find this dumb quotes to justify your stupidity.
Aunty rokiat, you are no more a teenager to be posting this trash meant for under 21

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by AcadaWriter: 5:20am On Apr 02
It is well...
Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by zed7: 5:41am On Apr 02
If you want a good marriage, put in the work before the marriage. Screen, screen and screen. If you eventually marry the right person for you, it will be much easier.

The major cause of marital problems is a mismatch of people. Desperation and marrying for the wrong reasons is why people eventually have problems in marriage.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by VinnyBaba: 5:42am On Apr 02
You are forced to smell/inhale your Partner's Farts most times. 😟😌

You are forced to see their Dirty Armpits.😌😌

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? by Jesterinjay: 2:57pm On Apr 02
VinnyBaba:

You are forced to smell/inhale your Partner's Farts most times. 😟😌

You are forced to see their Dirty Armpits.😌😌
Werey

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family / Has Any Of You Dated Or Married To A Woman Who Is A Twin? / Should I End My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.