Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

Court Sacks Tonye Cole, Rivers APC Governorship Candidate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks Tonye Cole, Rivers APC Governorship Candidate (28624 Views)

Tonye Cole, Rivers Delegates Arrive Eagles Square / Rivers APC Crisis: Rotimi Amaechi Loses, As Court Sacks Tonye Cole As Guber Cand / Tonye Cole: Biography, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Governorship Aspirant Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sacks Tonye Cole, Rivers APC Governorship Candidate by TheOgaBoss: 9:05am On Nov 25, 2022
tesppidd:
Section 28 of the Nigerian constitution,

A citizen by birth cannot be disqualified even if they have dual citizenship.

Only a naturalized citizen can be disqualified from contesting in Nigeria.

Go and read.

Two weeks ago when APC took PDP to court for not doing their primaries right, The same judge Emmanuel Ebile told APC that they had no right to meddle in PDP's internal affairs.

Today the same judge is telling APC that PDP said they didn't do their primaries right.

If you don't know what is happening in Rivers State or you are pretending you don't know just stay quiet.
oga section 28 is not talking about electoral disqualification, post the said part, because I just read it now and there is nothing on elections.
Re: Court Sacks Tonye Cole, Rivers APC Governorship Candidate by garfield1: 9:29am On Nov 25, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
oga section 28 is not talking about electoral disqualification, post the said part, because I just read it now and there is nothing on elections.

The appeal court will set aside the rubbish ruling
Re: Court Sacks Tonye Cole, Rivers APC Governorship Candidate by fergie001: 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
Captainero:
Does Tonye Cole have dual citizenship? get this answer for us before commentign further..
I think he does.......

This case doesn't have to do with Tonye ... The reaction is to an earlier thread that concerns delegates election.

https://www.nairaland.com/7401445/court-nullifies-all-apc-primaries#117871250 (This is what I was reacting to).
Re: Court Sacks Tonye Cole, Rivers APC Governorship Candidate by fergie001: 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
kingmaster2009:

There is a room for the appeal court ...let him.approach the appeal court ...
I don't trust Mary Odili in River state ...she has influences in all Rivers state court
On this dual citizenship issue, I don't think APC can run from it unless they tackle same on jurisdictional grounds.
Re: Court Sacks Tonye Cole, Rivers APC Governorship Candidate by kingmaster2009: 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2022
fergie001:
On this dual citizenship issue, I don't think APC can run from it unless they tackle the same on jurisdictional grounds.

The Seyi Makinde has a dual citizenship

The Governor of Ogun State has a dual citizenship

Late Ajimoobi of Oyo state has a dual citizenship

Many political office holders have dual citizenship...

So, must you hold down a true Nigeria from occupying an office because of a dual Citizenship clause?
Re: Court Sacks Tonye Cole, Rivers APC Governorship Candidate by fergie001: 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
kingmaster2009:

The Seyi Makinde has a dual citizenship

The Governor of Ogun State has a dual citizenship

Late Ajimoobi of Oyo state has a dual citizenship

Many political office holders have dual citizenship...

So, must you hold down a true Nigeria from occupying an office because of a dual Citizenship clause?
Nobody can hold anybody from dual citizenship provided it is not voluntarily acquired.

Makinde's case has not been tested in Courts.
Abiodun 's case has not been tested in Court.

Ajimobi's case was tested but there was no proof he had dual citiy and he infact denied it in Court.

The court dismissed the petition on the grounds that the petitioner did not prove beyond reasonable doubts the allegation of dual citizenship against the 1st respondent, Ajimobi.

While delivering the judgment, the presiding judge, Justice J.S. Ikyegh said he agreed with the lower Tribunal that the appellant did not provide any document to prove the allegation of dual citizenship.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/acourt-upholds-ajimobis-election/amp/

The issue is on voluntary acquisition.....
Re: Court Sacks Tonye Cole, Rivers APC Governorship Candidate by MarkBenn: 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2022
Captainero All the River south east vote no reach port harcourt city vote talkless of Obio Akpor votes, and we know who controls these two LGAs. Know this and avert heart attack..

I'm sure you know voters from those two places you mentioned cut across people from different parts of the country, and lastly the era of who controls LGA is over with the new electoral act.
Re: Court Sacks Tonye Cole, Rivers APC Governorship Candidate by MarkBenn: 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
rummmy
who wins obio akpor and phalga wins the governor and Abbe is not on ground firmly there...
Abbe campaigning with tinubu poster have done a lot of damage to him in Rivers..
It's only ogoni people and very few others that take him serious..
Even the new party NRM is on ground more than abbes SDP.

Your last statement sum it all,no need to take you serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Does NEPA(PHCN) Take Light When It's Raining? / Ongoing Construction Of Oyingbo BRT Terminus (Photos) / 2027: Lagos APC Stakeholders Push For Ambode’s Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.