Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults (18768 Views)

Ghana’s Parliament Passes Anti-Gay, LGBTQ Bill / President Putin Signs Law Banning Sex Changes In Russia / Teacher Removes USA Flag, Tells Students To Pledge Allegiance To LGBT Flag(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Two02: 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2022
MOSCOW, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Russia's parliament on Thursday passed the third and final reading of a law that expands an existing ban on promoting "LGBT propaganda" to children by banning it among people of all ages.

Under the new law any event or act regarded as an attempt to promote homosexuality - including online, in film, books, advertising or in public - could incur a heavy fine.

The fine will be up to 400,000 roubles ($6,600) for individuals and up to 5 million roubles ($82,100) for legal entities. Foreigners could face 15 days of arrest and subsequent expulsion from the country.

Critics see the move as an attempt to further intimidate and oppress sexual minorities in Russia, where authorities have already used existing laws to stop gay pride marches and detain gay rights activists.

Lawmakers say they are defending morality in the face of what they argue are "un-Russian" decadent values promoted by the West. But human rights groups say the moves are designed to outlaw representation of minorities such as lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender people (LGBT) in public life.

"LGBT today is an element of hybrid warfare and in this hybrid warfare we must protect our values, our society and our children," Alexander Khinstein, one of the bill's architects, said last month.

LGBT Network, which offers legal aid, has called the legislation an "absurd" attempt to humiliate and discriminate against the LGBT community.

TikTok, a video-sharing app, was fined 3 million roubles last month for promoting "videos with LGBT themes", while Russia's media regulator asked publishing houses to look at withdrawing all books containing "LGBT propaganda" from sale.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russias-parliament-passes-law-banning-lgbt-propaganda-among-adults-2022-11-24/

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Two02: 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
lord save this world from the this peversive curse

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Elmojiid(m): 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2022
Country wey get sense... How on earth I go Dey yansh my fellow man taaa.

428 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by opamoses1: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2022
But LGBT rights itself is still legal in Russia. Why don't they just ban it outright.

advanceDNA:

Ban or no ban....U cant really stop pple from fvcking behind closed doors....thats what sex was supposed to be in the first place until the alphabet pple came and started doing their madness and even dragging kids into it

... they are the only minority group that wants to force everyone to become like them including innocent children..... fvckimg psychos

seunny4lif:

LGBT is illegal in Nigeria but what can Government do to those behind closed door or the highest elite in Nigeria that are doing it
I know you can't control what people do in their bedrooms.

What I meant is the LGBTQ rights and gender change which are all still Legal in Russia.

LGBTQ rights is Legal in Russia but Ilegal in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by lhordspy: 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2022
I am fully in support of this.

If you notice, this evil western culture are now starting to creep into the affairs of minors. They are now exposed to these evil things at early stages and tender age in western countries. Infact a male child is now allowed to wear skirt to school, play with female toys and use female bathroom in minor-schools in some state in the US.

They are now seducing and misleading this minors into evil at early stage.

Big ups to Russia for not going after the wings and many hands but cutting the head off completely. And extending the law to the root and minors.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

306 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by advanceDNA: 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2022
opamoses1:
But LGBT itself is still legal in Russia. Why don't they just ban it outright.

Ban or no ban....U cant really stop pple from fvcking behind closed doors....thats what sex was supposed to be in the first place : a private matter...
until the alphabet pple came and started doing their sexual and gender madness and even dragging kids into it

... they are the only minority group that wants to force everyone to become like them including innocent children..... fvckimg psychos

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by seunny4lif(m): 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2022
opamoses1:
LGBT is illegal in Nigeria but what can Government do to those behind closed door or the highest elite in Nigeria that are doing it

11 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by ecolime(m): 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2022
Nice one

Burst your arses and wear adult diapers all your life, that's your business.

Just don't force your disgusting lifestyle down the throats of sane people.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by DevilSignature: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2022
grin

At last there's something left for Russians
Small senses going on in their midst

4 d admin wey ban me ......... thunder fire u

5 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Nonexisting1: 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2022
Very good. Russia always trying to bring sanity to the world America has bleeped up.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Creamypie(m): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2022
Elmojiid:
Country wey get sense... How on earth I go Dey yansh my fellow man taaa.
and one gay idiot click "share" icon to your comment

3 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by jimetagambo: 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2022
opamoses1:
I will take them serious when they actually remove the rights.

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Moh247: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
cool

Western and Jewish woke people would start wailing

Welcome to the New World order... Old world order is getting sent back to their demonic world

130 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Ballzproblemm: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
good , although I don't like their invasion of Ukraine,but I support this , cause my beliefs align with them

13 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Naturalgbola(m): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
Russia slaves, what's says thou?

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by ATLIEN2027: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
Nice.

110 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Dangrace01: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
Good

5 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by charlesdinho7(m): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
to hell with all homosexuals. brain dead animals

19 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Reporting34(f): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
Please everyone don't mind this fraudsters Anthony okeke is back with a full forces to continue scamming Nairaland people with the same format he has always been using, so just check the format oloriburuku man is still using to defraud a lot of people's here on Nairaland just be aware not to be scam

Please dear everyone, please forgive me for posting this, if I can help myself I won't be begging. I am seeking assistance from well meaning Nigerians to help save my life. Please sirs and ma's, my name is Faith , am a 26 years old single mom of 1. My son is just 2 years old. I used to be a hairdresser before my present predicament. In August of 2021 I fell very sick and was rush to the hospital by my neighbour. Doctor said that I will have to be admitted because by the time that they have prescribed several drugs for me, my hands and both of my legs has developed rashes and started to swell up. The swelling got worst and more severe as time went by, eventually leading to multiple skin ulcers. Preliminary results shows that I was diagnosed with blood infection. I also urgently require prolonged sore Management with Vacuum Assisted Closure Device and skin graft to help regain my normal life again but unfortunately I can't treat myself because I don't have enough on me. Doctor said the procedure will require 1.3million Naira to give me my life back and so far I've been able to raise only 300 thousand with the help of my friends and some kind hearted well wishers who have taken pity for me in the past few months. Pleas sirs and ma's, am an orphan both my parents are late. I have been trying every possible best to raise the remainder to no avail. I don't have any property to sell again and I cannot work in this my condition pls I beg of you, I can't even look after my 2 years old son, that's why am pleading with any well meaning person pls

He has already posted this today even up to four front page topic please don't even mind to send a penny to this oloriburuku

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by hammerT: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2022
LGBT MUST BE STOPPED.

IT IS A PANDEMIC AND CANCER SPREADING CORRUPT SEED AND DESTROYING THE MIND AND INNOCENCE.

CC COCOCANDY!

22 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2022
Under the new law any event or act regarded as an attempt to promote homosexuality - including online, in film, books, advertising or in public - could incur a heavy fine.
Foreigners could face 15 days of arrest and subsequent expulsion from the country.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by NAVYdogg: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2022
Putin is a real G

12 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by faithfull18(f): 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2022
Good.

2 Likes

Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by HEBEI: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2022
cool cool cool
Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by Laturuturu: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2022
Two02:

https://www.reuters.com/world/russias-parliament-passes-law-banning-lgbt-propaganda-among-adults-2022-11-24/

Where is that gay boy .....
Where u dey show Ur face
Putin will deal with Una woto woto
Re: Russia's Parliament Passes Law Banning 'LGBT Propaganda' Among Adults by WHITELIGHTER: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2022
lhordspy:
I am fully in support of this.

If you notice, this evil western culture are now starting to creep into the affairs minors. They are now exposed to this evil things at early stages and tender age in western countries. Infact a male child is now allowed to wear skirt to school, play with female toys and use female bathroom in minor-schools in some state in the US.

They are now seducing and misleading this minors into evil at early stage.

Big ups to Russia for not going after the wings and many hands but cutting the head of completely. And extending the law to the root and minors.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Blame the Big Pharma companies....they are the hidden brains behind it all.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

China’s Yangtze River Mysteriously Turns Blood Red / Iran’s Guards Pull Top Officers From Syria After Israeli Strikes / Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.