Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians (53512 Views)

Bauchi Govt To Crack Down On Unregistered Private Schools / Canadian Province, British Columbia Announces Two-Year Ban On Nigerians, Others / Student At University Of Glasgow UK To Share Room With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by lakefist(m): 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
Starzo:

Stay in Nigeria and contribute to your own countries 'growth'

Please stay for us.

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by BloomingDale(f): 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2022
Starzo:

What have you as a black african woman achieved in your miserable life?

Dude, it's a patriarchal society, so deal with the blames and your shortcomings. What happened to we are the heads, captains and the bosses?

Your president even made a comment that women belong to the oza room, and you guys were in support. Now suddenly you want us to rise up and contribute to society? E go hard una o.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Meliziz: 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2022
Shame shame shame! Private schools here are extremely exorbitant. Federal univerties turning to be worst and worst and worst�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by bluefilm: 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
The UK government is just trying to be mischievious.

Are they not the same people profiting from the money those immigrants are bringing in to boost their dying economy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Painedsoul: 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2022
dyera:

This is why they said they will soon only allow those planning to attend a top UK university and turn back those planning to attend cheap UK universities that collect £100 per semester.

Please I need the name of any university there charging very low tuition fees if you know biko
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by sunbreaker: 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
God1000:
Are they schooling in UK for free?
ask me ooo. They make huge amount of money from foreign education, even is foreigners that sustained their university education finances

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by sunbreaker: 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
Tifesingz:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
why don't you tell us before? You just keep it to yourself
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Jaqenhghar: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2022
jaxxy:
Good, Nigerians should learn to stop overdoing and abusing privileges and things.
What privilege are they abusing? As a student they give you nothing for free. In fact it's those Ukranians that are abusing the system. Go and see many of them who dont even live in the conflict zones migrating to collect free housing and allowances. They are just using Nigerians as scapegoats IMO.

3 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by blueAgent(m): 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2022
maestro299:
We are blacks. Blacks generally don't have the patience and discipline to build successful societies.

So true.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by blueAgent(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2022
tasalanoni:
I laugh in Fulfulde���. It's like saying "we no longer want your money, we've milked you cows to dryness".
That's western reverse psychology at play. Educational migration into the UK is of no economic disadvantage to them.
The Englishman's economy is chiefly funded by educational services given to other countries especially from the third world. You pay Visa fees, pay tuition and whatever academic fees, do menial jobs that have become so demeaning for the pure Englishman and get peanuts which are cleaned out by bills. Upon completion of your programme, you are thrown and the next shipment of slaves arrives.
They won't tighten immigration policies, never!
That's the economic mainstay.

Baseless faceless writeup.

Google about UK economy instead of writing long articles you don't know anything about.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by blueAgent(m): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
adioolayi:
The report didn't profile Nigerians as the punch is making us believe...

It's a general global crack down on UK foreign education policy...it's not only about Nigeria.

Why do we always believe changes in immigration rule affects or is targeted towards Nigeria Are Nigerians the highest foreigners in UK The answer is No.

True.
Nigerians, Africans and blacks generally have inferiority complex , coupled with the fact that they abuse privileges and opportunities, hence their conscious is always hunting them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by MufasaLion: 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
crixlight2:

Please just for understanding, are they not making more there , is there chance to make more money and build house for Naija within 4 years ?

As a student, you will find it difficult to even combine study and work and even save enough money. In fact, U.K. is not even ideal for anybody going to study now if you're from a poor background because you'll struggle to pay tuition fee, rent, other bills and you'll need to pay for the post-study also. And you will likely not get a job! So, you either become illegal immigrant or go back to your homecountry.

The jobs that most student do is even saturated now and some employers will pay less because there are many others ready to take on the job.

3 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by JohnnA1: 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2022
maestro299:
We are blacks. Blacks generally don't have the patience and discipline to build successful societies.
Generally, blacks don't think LONG-TERM, they think short-term only.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by MindHacker9009(m): 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2022
Census: Migration biggest part of England and Wales population rise
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63485073

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Charly500(m): 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
MufasaLion:

As a student, you will find it difficult to even combine study and work and even save enough money. In fact, U.K. is not even ideal for anybody going to study now if you're from a poor background because you'll struggle to pay tuition fee, rent, other bills and you'll need to pay for the post-study also. And you will likely not get a job! So, you either become illegal immigrant or go back to your homecountry.

The jobs that most student do is even saturated now and some employers will pay less because there are many others ready to take on the job.

I believe most of us want to have that chance of being there and experiencing it first hand, the constant manner of discouraging people from seeking for greener pastures for themselves and their families is becoming annoying.

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Bimpe29: 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2022
Primus123:
Abeg they should calm down make some of us enter there next year before they start talking about any restrictions.
Please increase the volume as we're intensifying the efforts to JAPA.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by robinzaga(m): 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2022
MufasaLion:

There are some things you shouldn't joke with. Reality of things should be said when it comes to some matter.

MC reality....kare oo
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by robinzaga(m): 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Too late!

UK Immigration is fvcking porous now!

Even if they stop student visa presently, another route is presently WIDE OPEN

Those who know, know lipsrsealed

Ur head is there walai
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by kizxaxa: 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2022
No much jobs for that UK self. angry
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Bintdawood(f): 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2022
Kobonaire234:

As at 2016, 70000 Nigerians. May be around 100000 -150000 by now (that's a liberal estimate). Canada is 38.3million people strong.

Wow! Maybe even more grin

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Starzo: 7:35pm On Nov 26, 2022
BloomingDale:

Dude, it's a patriarchal society, so deal with the blames and your shortcomings. What happened to we are the heads, captains and the bosses?

Your president even made a comment that women belong to the oza room, and you guys were in support. Now suddenly you want us to rise up and contribute to society? E go hard una o.
State one achievement,you just dey cap vertical

Na this kind character una wan take elevate the black race??...e go hard una o
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by crixlight2(m): 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2022
MufasaLion:

What of dependant that will be working , can that save enough money within four years to start a big business or build house in Nigeria , why I am asking you is that , I have already build a house so a friend is advising me to sell the house and move to UK with my family and within 4 years I will build the house back . I don’t want to jump into conclusion

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 26, 2022
Bintdawood:

Wow! Maybe even more grin

Won't be surprised...but we have to wait for the next time Canada does a census.

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Treadway: 8:30pm On Nov 26, 2022
crixlight2:

What of dependant that will be working , can that save enough money within four years to start a big business or build house in Nigeria , why I am asking you is that , I have already build a house so a friend is advising me to sell the house and move to UK with my family and within 4 years I will build the house back . I don’t want to jump into conclusion
Twoods, like the last post you tagged me in, we can see in full glare the consciousness of the majority and the real drive..and it doesn't appear to come from any depth, do you?

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Emmanuel909090: 8:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Bintdawood(f): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Won't be surprised...but we have to wait for the next time Canada does a census.

Okay lets wait smileycalmly grin
Thanks man!

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by crixlight2(m): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2022
Treadway:
Twoods, like the last post you tagged me in, we can see in full glare the consciousness of the majority and the real drive..and it doesn't appear to come from any depth, do you?
Bros I can’t even comprehend this your question, please elaborate and help me answer my question in simple term
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Gerrard59(m): 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
Lagos2Berlin:

Can u imagine? After charging up to 10x the normal school fees from African students, the so called least developed continent.

The UK govt always wanna eat their cake and have it. After all, family living with a student is allowed by their immigration laws so why are they making noise?

The figure for immigrant families living with Nigerian students is just about 30k people o ... reading the news, you'd think there are millions of Nigerian families living with students in the UK.

The ratio is the problem. There are more Chinese students than Nigerians in the UK, but very few bring their families alongside. Nigerian students are 30K, but dependants are also 30K. Which means 1:1. For every Nigerian student, there is an accompanying dependant. Also, let's be honest, Nigerians have gamed the system - apply to lesser-known universities, study "irrelevant courses", carry wives and children join body.

4 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Gerrard59(m): 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
seunny4lif:
This is serious
If only our leaders in Nigeria have done proper jobs by providing jobs, quality education to Nigerians.
See embarrassment on top of the overrated school fees UK government charged foreigners while Germany and Co are mostly free of charge shocked

Good luck getting an interview for a German student visa from Nigeria. BTW, Germany would by next year be the only major European country with tuition-free universities for foreigners as Norway intends to scrap the option.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by DemgadTinko: 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2022
Mindlog:
Nigerians should looks into UK skilled worker visa for roles such as residential childcare worker, where the sector is hugely understaffed. So many shifts available but few workers.
if it's easy to get a work visa? no one will want to go to school na . so we went for a study visa for a reason
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Gerrard59(m): 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2022
Litmus:
Indian prim minister, Indian Home Secretary what do you as a Nigerian expect?

Indians were groomed by the British for this Buffer role (you cant easily accuse them of racism for they are "Ethnics" too) . They, Brits, even have sold this strategy to America as a means of keeping African Americans disempowered. It amazes me how unaware black people are of prevailing world and national agenders perhaps because we have none. Blacks are just good at facilitating their own oppression by always hating and dragging down other blacks, as is the case with black Americans versus Nigerians and Africa versus Nigerians.

I was arguing with a black American woman who was obsessing about Nigerians in America, she was on about how Africans benefit from black American struggles but now want to lord it over them. In short, I tried to direct her fight to Asians and Hispanics but she wouldn't have it (straight hair, thin nose and lips seem to have a magical hold on black Americans and Caribbean ) anyway she informed me that she preferred Indians to Nigerians because Indians were nice (Imagine the stupidity).

To be honest tho, they rode on the mandate of curtailing immigration to below 100K. They have to fulfil the wishes of those who voted for them. Even the Labour leader has said businesses should learn to rely less on migrants and invest into the home population. The politicians are simply echoing what voters want them to do.

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 26, 2022
Gerrard59:

The ratio is the problem. There are more Chinese students than Nigerians in the UK, but very few bring their families alongside. Nigerian students are 30K, but dependants are also 30K. Which means 1:1. For every Nigerian student, there is an accompanying dependant. Also, let's be honest, Nigerians have gamed the system - apply to lesser-known universities, study "irrelevant courses", carry wives and children join body.

I know the ratio is almost 1:1 student to family, but regardless, for 30k people in a country of millions, especially since they are not illegal immigrants, I see this as greed on the part of the UK. They never want anyone to benefit from their system.

These are students who pay as much as 5x the normal school fees paid by UK students and your immigration law allows family members to reside with students, I don't see why they're complaining.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Neco Result 2011/2012 Exams Released: Neco June/july 2011/2012 Result Checker / Michael Okpara University(mouau) 2015/2016 Admission Thread / Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.