Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,897 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians (53438 Views)

Bauchi Govt To Crack Down On Unregistered Private Schools / Canadian Province, British Columbia Announces Two-Year Ban On Nigerians, Others / Student At University Of Glasgow UK To Share Room With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by GreyLaw(m): 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2022
Moymoy:

That's not really the case. They have to strike a balance. The UK, after all, is a relatively small island. Oyo state population would create a crisis if they were to descend upon the UK.

They are using style to tell us to put out house in order, no country can afford to play host to 200 million refugees.

You think only Nigerians migrate to the UK? You may have to do some research to find out. The number of Nigerian moving to the UK is nothing compared to the number of Indians here. Before you blink your eye twice you will see many, many Indians. Go figure. Indians, Chinese, Nepalese, Ethiopians... have huge populations here.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by faithfull18(f): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
Mindlog:
Nigerians should looks into UK skilled worker visa for roles such as residential childcare worker, where the sector is hugely understaffed. So many shifts available but few workers.
Isn't this being a Nanny for short?
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by meobizy(f): 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2022
Lol. Nothing concern me. This is only a chance to explore more of Europe.

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by GreyLaw(m): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
Bluntemperor:

You got a point!
U K ,like their EU counterparts,prefers the Ukrainian White but failed to know that Nigerians are more better and determined people!
The New UK P M- Rishi, should understand that everyone, including Nigerians have rights to migrate,since many of them also migrated to where they are now, including Mr Trump, whose Parents comes from Germany!
But while are they limiting Nigerians from migration?
Is it our Govt connivance with Foreign Countries or what?

Trump's mom was pure breed Scottish! Biden Irish.

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by GreyLaw(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2022
adioolayi:
The report didn't profile Nigerians as the punch is making us believe...

It's a general global crack down on UK foreign education policy...it's not only about Nigeria.

Why do we always believe changes in immigration rule affects or is targeted towards Nigeria Are Nigerians the highest foreigners in UK The answer is No.

You didn't know Nigerians overrate themselves?
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by GreyLaw(m): 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
Kobonaire234:

1.Well Indians don't 'want to prevent black people from coming in'...plus Braverman's stategy is going to affect Indians disproportionately since a good chunk of the students, even more than Nigerians...come from India.

(Sunak by the way was born in England, to Tanzanian indian parents. India is just another foreign country to him).

No conspiracy.

2.The black woman you were arguing with has a point. Black students from Africa unintentionally take the spaces that native born African americans should have gotten.

3.UK is still taking in a lot of black people....especially in skilled areas like medicine.

4.At the end, every country has the right to restrict immigration. The Conservatives are doing this to prevent the far right from gaining power...and a far right government in the UK would close all immigration and deport all immigrants...legal or non-legal.

(Japan even makes the UK look permissive when it comes to immigration.)

Too much generalisation in your piece. The UK population is getting old. In healthcare there are fewer professionals everyday. Even the far right guys are not as stupid paint them to be. How do you explain deporting legal immigrants? How?

I understand your point but then in a bid to make the point you overstretched it.

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by babajeje123(m): 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
crixlight2:

What of dependant that will be working , can that save enough money within four years to start a big business or build house in Nigeria , why I am asking you is that , I have already build a house so a friend is advising me to sell the house and move to UK with my family and within 4 years I will build the house back . I don’t want to jump into conclusion
Don't even try it.

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Mindlog: 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
faithfull18:

No
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by TWoods(m): 12:08am On Nov 27, 2022
crixlight2:

What of dependant that will be working , can that save enough money within four years to start a big business or build house in Nigeria , why I am asking you is that , I have already build a house so a friend is advising me to sell the house and move to UK with my family and within 4 years I will build the house back . I don’t want to jump into conclusion

This makes no sense. You have already built a house, why will you sell it, move to UK, only to work for 4 years to build a house you already had? Your plan is to go to school and have a dependant work to support an entire family? In many western countries, a single-income is no longer enough to sustain a family, let alone an immigrant family that still has to grapple with a new environment.

Your friend advising you, did you ask what types of jobs would pay you enough to take care of a family in the UK and still be able to save substantially? If yes, does that dependant have the qualifications NOW for that type of job? Are you aware of the enormous upfront costs that are involved with immigrating with your family? In the UK, you pay taxes, there is no shortcut. Feeding, immigration papers, housing, utilities, emergency funds?

This is not a thought-through plan at all...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by TWoods(m): 12:15am On Nov 27, 2022
Litmus:
Indian prim minister, Indian Home Secretary what do you as a Nigerian expect?

Indians were groomed by the British for this Buffer role (you cant easily accuse them of racism for they are "Ethnics" too) . They, Brits, even have sold this strategy to America as a means of keeping African Americans disempowered. It amazes me how unaware black people are of prevailing world and national agenders perhaps because we have none. Blacks are just good at facilitating their own oppression by always hating and dragging down other blacks, as is the case with black Americans versus Nigerians and Africa versus Nigerians.

I was arguing with a black American woman who was obsessing about Nigerians in America, she was on about how Africans benefit from black American struggles but now want to lord it over them. In short, I tried to direct her fight to Asians and Hispanics but she wouldn't have it (straight hair, thin nose and lips seem to have a magical hold on black Americans and Caribbean ) anyway she informed me that she preferred Indians to Nigerians because Indians were nice (Imagine the stupidity).

That right there... summarizes the problem with African Americans today. They do not know their own worst enemies.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by hakeem4(m): 12:30am On Nov 27, 2022
crixlight2:

why do you want to start afresh? do not let your friend push you to danger oooo

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Treadway: 1:11am On Nov 27, 2022
faithfull18:

lol. Yeah. Flowery words, but still nanny/care worker for short.

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Treadway: 1:15am On Nov 27, 2022
Mindlog:

No
lol. Flowery words for nanny

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by epospiky(m): 1:32am On Nov 27, 2022
foxxydude:
Travel agents cashed out massively not UK grin

Please, do you mind throwing more light on this?
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by vickydevoka(m): 3:29am On Nov 27, 2022
foxxydude:
Travel agents cashed out massively not UK grin
How? Na me do all my things myself
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by vickydevoka(m): 3:29am On Nov 27, 2022
obyrich:
Canada is next. Instead of all these turn turn, why don't we sit our ass down and build our nation?
When tinibu say na en turn

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by 2023overandout: 4:01am On Nov 27, 2022
Wide open? Update your breda pls quote author=CoronaVirusRelo post=118698498]Too late!

UK Immigration is fvcking porous now!

Even if they stop student visa presently, another route is presently WIDE OPEN

Those who know, know lipsrsealed
[/quote]
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by MufasaLion: 4:17am On Nov 27, 2022
crixlight2:

Within 4 years, you won't rebuild the house, especially when you're going with dependants.

Do you know how much it cost to hire the service of a child minder? There's no "Aunty Amaka, Aunty Adeola, or Aunty Aisha" to look after your kids because everyone has got bills to pay. So, you and your wife will need to plan your work schedule so as to alternate who will be at home with kids.

What if your spouse should fall sick and not able to work for sometime and your 20hr/wk job can never sustain your family?

Certainty of getting a Tier-2 job after everything is low!

Don't let anyone make you take actions you'll regret. Well, you can still process the U.K. except you're not going with family so as to make things easier. You can never be flexible if you're with dependants in the U.K.!

Go and process countries like Canada, U.S. or other ones that are "family-friendly." Make your findings yourself about other countries and ask questions about whatever you don't understand. Don't let any agent or friend pressure you or deceive you.

The world is a global community now and we live in digital age, everything you need is online. I wish you well.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Mindlog: 6:06am On Nov 27, 2022
Treadway:
lol. Yeah. Flowery words, but still nanny/care worker for short.

It is not being a Nanny, most residential children home have kids from the ages of 8 to 16, kids who have been taken away from the physical custody of their parents for reasons ranging from abuse, neglect or the child is dealing with some emotional issues the child's birth family can not cope with etc.

I have worked as a residential childcare support worker, where the children are between 12 and 15. In most of the residence, we had only one child in care and the staffing was the Responsible Individual, the manager, the team leader and 5 support workers and these people work to support only one child.

If for example you go in for the morning shift which starts at 8a.m, the night shift worker hands over to you by giving the paper works that reflects details of his/her shift from the previous night from 8p.m to 8a.m.

The role is to provide home setting for the young person, you don't bath them nor enter their room without their permission, some of the young person smoke and your job is to see they do the smoking outside of the home, be very vigilant to observe that the young person is not planning to go missing and when they do, protocol of who to call and dem plenty!....the police, the EDS, the social worker, the duty on-call person, the IRO etc and the paperwork to fill out is mind-boggling and must be accurate as possible because by UK law, those paperwork would be in the custody of the UK govt for 70 years.

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 27, 2022
adioolayi:
The report didn't profile Nigerians as the punch is making us believe...

It's a general global crack down on UK foreign education policy...it's not only about Nigeria.

Why do we always believe changes in immigration rule affects or is targeted towards Nigeria Are Nigerians the highest foreigners in UK The answer is No.

The policy is targeted at Nigerians they complained that Nigerian students have the highest number of dependants in the UK more than 10% that it is contributing to a population spike.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by 5starMan: 6:49am On Nov 27, 2022
BloomingDale:

You are right. That's why I've been telling African women to practice selective breeding. The fewer the African men, the better Africa and the world at large will be.
Haba naso you hate men?
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by madridguy(m): 7:03am On Nov 27, 2022
Bros digest it very well before you sell of your house. I am not in the UK nor I have ever travel before but I have few people in the UK lamenting seriously.

If you are highly skilled with years of experience I will suggest you follow your friends advise but anything outside that, think over it very well.

crixlight2:

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2022
InvertedHammer:
/
Supply and Demand.

Time shall come when UK degree will carry no weight in Nigeria with the rate everyone is getting one.

/

It is already I remember those days in 2005 and 2006 if you left the.bank as an ET to do your masters in UK and you come back they would give you two or three levels up. But now if you come back na the same level you were before you travelled for studies you go get.

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by madridguy(m): 7:07am On Nov 27, 2022
grin grin grin I follow a family go airport when they are going, the queue for British airways make me to believe Nigerians go plenty for the UK. On graduation pics na so i observe hijab everywhere, with beard gangs, i say bros wetin haopen, the bros told me UK is now annex of Pakistanis. He said they plenty like flies.

GreyLaw:

You didn't know Nigerians overrate themselves?

2 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by maestro299: 7:35am On Nov 27, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Not exactly...it is because most of us are poor.

Many western nations that are successful built up their nations on the back of generations of their working poor.

Also, poor people need to eat now, not in twenty years time. African governments know that, which is why many of them practice welfarism...the problem is the funds for African welfare states come from selling raw materials, which at the end of the day, have fluctuating sale prices...which means revenue is not steady.

Finally, western nations live in environments that are harsh. Most of their tech developed out of a means to overcome their harsh living environment. Add the fact that most of them have limited resources...
You haven't disproved what I wrote. Why are we poor, even with our abundance of resources? Considering how nature has blessed us with everything- excellent climate, good soil for farming, a boisterous population, access to waterways and the sea- surely we are supposed to be among the richest nations in the world? But every year, you see us risking life and limb to run to countries such as Canada (an open fridge) or Dubai ( a desert) for economic betterment. Why? Not because we are poor monetarily or resource-wise. But because, as a collective, we have refused to develop our minds...

3 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by adioolayi(m): 7:36am On Nov 27, 2022
obynzo:

The policy is targeted at Nigerians they complained that Nigerian students have the highest number of dependants in the UK more than 10% that it is contributing to a population spike.

Can you share the report where Nigerians are specifically mentioned Any report anywhere....not the opinion of Punch editor
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2022
adioolayi:

Can you share the report where Nigerians are specifically mentioned Any report anywhere....not the opinion of Punch editor

I wish I could share a LinkedIn video where Farage was complaining about Nigerians that Nigeria students have the highest number of dependents coming with them and that is putting a strain on resources.

1 Like

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 27, 2022
maestro299:
You haven't disproved what I wrote. Why are we poor, even with our abundance of resources? Considering how nature has blessed us with everything- excellent climate, good soil for farming, a boisterous population, access to waterways and the sea- surely we are supposed to be among the richest nations in the world? But every year, you see us risking life and limb to run to countries such as Canada (an open fridge) or Dubai ( a desert) for economic betterment. Why? Not because we are poor monetarily or resource-wise. But because, as a collective, we have refused to develop our minds...

Most countries start out as majority poor.

The thing is, the road to riches is paved with blood, sweat and tears.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by SaintUlot: 8:53am On Nov 27, 2022
crixlight2:

A friend who sold all his properties and japa to UK on a student visa with his wife and four kids, just in two years of being in the UK with student Visa, he now has two four star hotels in lekki and five duplexes in ajah and lekki areas of Lagos generating rental income for him steadily. Just in two years ooo, this is someone who borrowed money to travel after selling all his properties and he couldn't raise enough fund at the time.

If he can achieve all that just in two years, now imagine what he would have achieve in four years.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by Regex: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2022
MufasaLion:

There's nothing like "milk Naija students," were they forced to come?

Aren't they getting the value of the education? Did the U.K. government tell them to sell their properties to fund their study?

Or did the U.K. government block Nigerians from accessing their official website to read all the information needed to know about the U.K.?

Did the U.K. government ask them to use fake statement of account to get visa, hence the reason they default in tuition fee payment?

Did the U.K. government tell them to breed like rodents and collect loan from the bank to travel all because they want to go with dependants?

Or they didn't know that they will pay £2k for PSWG also?

Or they didn't know about shortage occupational list, especially those going to the U.K.to study useless course?

Blame your ignorant countrymen for causing their own misfortune, not the U.K.!

Honestly all that you wrote is pure. A family, 4 kids, 2 parents, that's 6 people in Nigeria. Some even come and give birth in UK and I am wondering if they don't know UK rules.

3 Likes

Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by SaintUlot: 9:09am On Nov 27, 2022
MufasaLion:

Within 4 years, you won't rebuild the house, especially when you're going with dependants.

Do you know how much it cost to hire the service of a child minder? There's no "Aunty Amaka, Aunty Adeola, or Aunty Aisha" to look after your kids because everyone has got bills to pay. So, you and your wife will need to plan your work schedule so as to alternate who will be at home with kids.

What if your spouse should fall sick and not able to work for sometime and your 20hr/wk job can never sustain your family?

Certainty of getting a Tier-2 job after everything is low!

Don't let anyone make you take actions you'll regret. Well, you can still process the U.K. except you're not going with family so as to make things easier. You can never be flexible if you're with dependants in the U.K.!

Go and process countries like Canada, U.S. or other ones that are "family-friendly." Make your findings yourself about other countries and ask questions about whatever you don't understand. Don't let any agent or friend pressure you or deceive you.

The world is a global community now and we live in digital age, everything you need is online. I wish you well.

80% of Nigerian students on study visa in the UK work more than 20hr/week. That 20hr/week restriction is only on paper.
Re: University Admission: UK To Crack Down On Nigerians by crixlight2(m): 9:22am On Nov 27, 2022
SaintUlot:

A friend who sold all his properties and japa to UK on a student visa with his wife and four kids, just in two years of being in the UK with student Visa, he now has two four star hotels in lekki and five duplexes in ajah and lekki areas of Lagos generating rental income for him steadily. Just in two years ooo, this is someone who borrowed money to travel after selling all his properties and he couldn't raise enough fund at the time.

If he can achieve all that just in two years, now imagine what he would have achieve in four years.
I see what you did there… this your satire fit blind person oooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Michael Okpara University(mouau) 2015/2016 Admission Thread / Which Nigeria University Would You Advice Even Your Enemy Not To Go To And Why? / Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.