Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,460 members, 7,836,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) (75870 Views)

Hunter Killed A Warthog, Civet And Other Wild Animals / Wild Animal Caught About To... / We Are Recruiting For Our Goat Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

I also agree. Strange spiritual forces still exists that way in deep forests. I thought nollywood was all tales until i saw a white covered body crying and walking on and on around 1.45-2am during an event that i had to get to my forest quarters into the midnight
Yeah mine was forest too
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Sendero: 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr85NFhuwJk

We are having this kind of attack second time this month and the pattern of the attack is exactly the same.

Due to farm invasion of our livestocks, we only allow them to graze at night and leave them till daybreak while we let them into their cage.

The first victim of this wild attack was Huda ram, he was sick and want missing, after about the third day, we found him with his head ripped off from the neck, likewise the second goat, brought in for mating about 12 days ago, felt sick, recovering, went to graze and the second day we met him this way.

We are currently working on installing perimeter net for the first part of the land we intend to use for livestock, that's about 3 acres, it separates the farm from the remaining land meant for crop plantation.

Which animal do you think is on the prowl?
Kindly suggest how to capture or kill this animal.

My name is Mide Oludipe, I'm a graduate of geography and I'm a regenerative agriculture expert seeking to create a niche in modern agriculture. Please kindly Subscribe to my channel
Thanks.

That's the signature style of a Chupacabra
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Jakumo(m): 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2022
The clean surgical cuts on that dead goat cast some doubt on the suggestion that a leopard or hyena might be the culprit. A leopard's killing bite would be to the neck of its victim, BUT, such a bite would certainly mangle the spinal column, which is absolutely untouched in the topmost picture posted by the OP.

In much of South America and the southwest USA, mysterious livestock deaths have been recorded for many years, showing clean, surgically precise wounds like the ones in the pictures posted here in this column. Often the victims are cattle, although smaller ruminants are not spared.

Since the perpetrator of those cattle mutilations has never been apprehended or filmed with motion-activated cameras in the USA and South America, speculation as to what is killing those livestock animals ranges from UFO craft, to the fabled CHUPA-CABRA, which translates to the "goat sucker" of Latin American mythology. If the OP found no single drop of blood then there is a strong likelihood that those goats were killed NOT by a leopard, but by something far more sinister and elusive, very similar to the situation confronting farmers in the USA and South America.

Find enclosed some artists' renditions of the mythical Chupa-Cabra of South America, which is now blamed for HUNDREDS of livestock mutilations, all of which showed evidence of complete disappearance of all blood, with clean surgical cuts exposing parts of the animal's skeletal structure.

https://www.history.com/news/cattle-mutilation-1970s-skinwalker-ranch-ufos

My advice to the OP would be to install outdoor motion-activated trail cameras at various strategic points around the farm, in order to catch a glimpse of the mysterious night surgeon. If you see the Chupa Cabra, then it is game over because nobody has ever killed one, despite the prevalence of guns all over North and South America.

3 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by SPAMBOX7: 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hezzyluv:
I dey think Hyena
Same here. Since they are popular for devouring goats and moving at night
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Streetdreamx(m): 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
CCTV installation first.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by deltateam: 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
Opoki:

Yes, it is in the forest, somewhere around the tropical rain belt of the southwest

Fulani bandits should also be careful of them.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by twilliamx(m): 3:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

We are having this kind of attack second time this month and the pattern of the attack is exactly the same.

Due to farm invasion of our livestocks, we only allow them to graze at night and leave them till daybreak while we let them into their cage.

The first victim of this wild attack was Huda ram, he was sick and want missing, after about the third day, we found him with his head ripped off from the neck, likewise the second goat, brought in for mating about 12 days ago, felt sick, recovering, went to graze and the second day we met him this way.

We are currently working on installing perimeter net for the first part of the land we intend to use for livestock, that's about 3 acres, it separates the farm from the remaining land meant for crop plantation.

My name is Mide Oludipe, I'm a graduate of geography and I'm a regenerative agriculture expert seeking to create a niche in modern agriculture. Please kindly Subscribe to my channel
Thanks.

I think you guys should get cam trail motion camera, this is quite strange and I can't even think of any animal that will rip only the neck and leave the juicy part of the prey. Install a camera and solve this mistery, because whatever can do this can also kill a human. You might have a cryptid (an unidentified/folklore beast) e.g roaming around your farm.

1 Like

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Oceanjagaban: 3:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
Chai tilumbu don chop this goat ...na wa o jagaban
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by SPAMBOX7: 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
Opoki:

Thanks for your input, I've been thinking about the possibility of fox or wolf couple with the face that hunters still hunts very close to us, we hear gunshots both day and night.
Just imagine. You have hunters around that clearly will have more knowledge of what happened and you came to nairaland instead. Anyways you tryna promote your YouTube page so I won't say much
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2022
Opoki:

I'm working on a cctv camera
Get a gun too
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by aestake: 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2022
Opoki:

You sabi, your analysis are spot on
It is a wild cat. It ate my egg-laying turkey like this in Ibeju-lekki area.
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by twilliamx(m): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2022
Opoki:

Thanks for your input, I've been thinking about the possibility of fox or wolf couple with the face that hunters still hunts very close to us, we hear gunshots both day and night.

There are no wolves in Africa
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
Dinosaur
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Geenosko: 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2022
E go One of Danerys dragon
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by harmargedon: 3:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
Hezzyluv:
I dey think Hyena
hyena go Chop the bone join, no trace of the animal go remain self.

2 Likes

Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Maski87: 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
The gate man
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Charx122: 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2022
MideMrPossible:

Thanks.

Guy relocate from where you are as soon as possible... That goat ripper is no ordinary killer.
You might be next this thing doesn't eat it kills .
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by EgusiShankly: 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
The mutilation is too precise
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by unclejb2(m): 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

Hyenas and wild dogs start feeding from the most vulnerable parts at the rear end or belly. They also consume all parts including skin and bones since they hunt in packs.
This kill reveals that the predator was acting alone, caught the goat and waited till it was dead before devouring. It also shows that the predator is selective with desirable parts.

Wild cat behaviour.
juvenile leopard... There was a rope on the neck of the goat so the big cat couldn't drag his prey so he ate as much as he could before retreating
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by GorillaApp(m): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:
You should start worrying about your safety not the goats. Whatever killed the goat in such a cruel manner must be really cruel

I'm writing this to tell you to be careful about your life.

This clearly is the doings of a dangerous animal

Now, let me advice you professionally.

Go and do deep research on why animal rearers always choose to pair a donkey alongside other animals like yours while raising them. This can be the answer to saving you from such losses into the future.

Be careful. Be it an hyena, a fox or a jackal. These animals can be deadly

An hyena doesn't need to kill an animal from the neck, though it's not that it can not. This suggests another dangerous animal

Jackal Diet

Jackals are nocturnal, omnivorous scavengers. With their long legs and curved canine teeth, they are well adapted for hunting

Jackals kill small prey with a bite to the back of the neck.

Range & habitat

All jackal species live in Africa, albeit in different regions.

Diet

Jackals can be both diurnal and nocturnal. This means that they can look for food both day and night. All jackals are omnivorous, meaning that their diet consists of both meat and plants.

Highlight

" When it comes to killing small prey, they usually do so by delivering a bite to the back of the neck and vigorously shaking the animal. "

Possible culprits

Jackal

Fox

Juvenile Leopard

African civet
Very detailed analysis. I would remove a hyena from the list like you rightly mentioned. Hyena usually move in packs and if it was them, you would be lucky to find only bones left as they will devour both bones and flesh. They have one of the strongest bite force in the animal kingdom.

A mature leopard will have taken away the dead animal for further mastication except it was disturbed by a Pack of hyena or a lion, which is rather unlikely, as you found the carcasses each time.
Could still be a juvenile leopard though.
I would lean towards a jackal more. they are much sturdier than the fox and cam easily take down a goat; a fox may struggle.

For the Civet, I know they are really widespread but I don't know much about their feeding habits.
They look like another likely culprit.

Op whatever you guys do, avoid walking alone to avoid a surprise attack, just incase it is a bigger cat

Good luck
Op you didn't give Ur location but I will rather lean towards the jackal as the culprit
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Elidrisy20: 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2022
It most be a wolfman
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by gammarays1: 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2022
Grandmeister:

This. A leopard will take the goat away ASAP to a more secured and elevated location to eat it at leisure. Are civets strong enough to take down a goat?
Civets are mini leopards
The goats op posted looks like weaklings
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by BABANGBALI: 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
A lion is in your neighborhood. Run o!
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by femtex007(m): 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
habsydiamond:
what baffled me was that thr predator ate the inner part of the goat through the neck... make OP act fast ooo

It's wolf. I remembered when I was younger, something like that happened in my area. Hunters went in search of the animal that was killing goat and sheeps. A wolf was later killed and everything stoped
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Rhassidy360: 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2022
Install cctv, set a trap
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Goldmaxx(f): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
SeriouslySense:

Having farm dog or a Shepard dog, will also help to raise alarm and sometimes cats protect children.

Donkeys also protect animals, and fight off hyena.

how can donkey fight hyena?
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by Owodiran1(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
Mortal kombat character
Milena or shao khan himself
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by CaptMarvel(m): 3:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
O Boy run ooo.
This fit be lion o
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by JoshB92: 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2022
I just asked my friend who's is good at detecting stuffs like this and he said it is the doing of "kolokolo" (in yoruba) I don't know the animal or its name in English, any interpreter will be appreciated
Re: Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video) by SeriouslySense(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2022
Actually the Donkey most of the time will defend other animals in the farm, especially when its strong enough using its strong teeth and mouth.
Other times the hyena may win if it attacks a weak donkey.

The Donkey has to also protect itself by always facing the Hyena, protecting its back from the strong teeth of the hyena.
Goldmaxx:
how can donkey fight hyena?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today / Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.