Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,968 members, 7,855,921 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 11:25 AM

A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev (638 Views)

Kogi Freezes State, LG Accounts / Adeleke Reverses Self On Sack Of Civil Servants, Monarchs / New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev by SojWORLDWIDE(m): 2:22pm On Nov 27, 2022
The New Governor of Osun, Senator Ademola Adeleke, has directed the comprehensive review of all policies and government decisions in the state from July 17, 2022.

The Governor also directed the reversal of all appointments made in the state at the twilight of the previous administration, as well as the freezing of all state accounts with immediate effect.

Governor Adeleke stated this in his address at his inauguration ceremony, today, November 27, 2022 at the Osogbo Township Stadium.

The Governor also ordered a revert to the name of Osun State, from the State of Osun, as well as the state’s appellation, from the State of the Virtuous, to the former State of the Living Spring.

He solicited the support of the people of the state, to deliver on his five point agenda to the people.

"LOCAL GOVERNMENT REFORMS
In line with our campaign manifesto, our government will ensure local government autonomy in line with the provisions of the Nigeria constitution.
We will restore the lost glory of our local governments in order to make them more responsive to the needs of the people at the grassroots.
All policies that are not favourable to the growth of effective local government administration will be reviewed in accordance with the law.

No form of illegality will be allowed to stand and all acts of impunity committed by the immediate past administration on local government administration will be reversed following due process.

THE PUBLIC SERVICE
 My administration will restore the integrity of the civil service which has been bastardised through favouritism and political considerations.
We will give the civil service a better orientation with a view to restoring its professionalism. In doing this, we will be fair and firm as we act only in pursuance of public interest.
Let me therefore announce an immediate return to status quo of all fresh appointments, placements and other major decisions taken by the immediate past administration with effect from the 17th of July, 2022.

I wish to assure all labour unions in the state of our administration’s willingness to protect workers interest and promote their welfare at all times. We will be a labour friendly government.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS
My Good People of Osun, since you elected me as your Governor on the 16th of July 2022, which the INEC announced on July 17th 2022, the former Governor, Alh Isiaka Gboyega Oyetola maliciously started putting road blocks to make things difficult and almost impossible for the new administration to serve you.
Mass employment were carried out without budgetary provisions for salary payments for the new employees; even when the state was struggling to pay salaries and deliver other services. Various hurried and criminally backdated Contracts were awarded and again without budgetary provisions.

Appointments of several Obas were hurriedly done without following due process, just to mention a few.
All efforts to get the Governor set up a Transition Committee and submit hand-over notes in line with best practices proved abortive.

It is therefore my desire to ask for your patience and understanding to give my administration a few weeks to review and sort out all the actions and malicious confusions which the immediate past administration has created since July 17th 2022. Those actions were indeed vindictive measures against the people of Osun State for voting them out of office.

Consequently, I hereby issue the following directives which will be backed up with appropriate Executive orders:
Immediate freezing of all government accounts in banks and other financial institutions
Immediate establishment of a panel to carry out an inventory and recover all government assets.
An immediate establishment of a panel to review all appointments and major decisions of the immediate past administration taken after the 17th July, 2022
An immediate reversal to the constitutionally recognised name of our state, Osun State. All government insignia, correspondences and signages should henceforth reflect Osun state rather than State of Osun which is unknown to the Nigerian constitution."

CLICK FOR DETAILS+MORE;

https://www.sojworldnews.com/a-new-dawn-in-osun-as-adeleke-reverses-appointments-freezes-state-accounts-reverses-state-of-osun-read-full-details/

https://terryanews.com/2022/11/davido-makes-first-public-appearance-arrives-osun-for-the-inauguration-of-his-uncle-ademola-adeleke-as-the-next-governor-of-osun-see-photos-videos.html

https://terryanews.com/2022/11/management-of-ace-gospel-singer-okposo-speaks-on-how-he-dies.html

TOWARDS 2023 GENERAL ELECTIONS IN NIGERIA
SOJ WORLDWIDE ONLINE NEWS is here to update you with news updates on political permutations, calculations, alliance of political parties, backbiting, betrayals and cross-carpeting ahead of 2023 general elections.

Above all, we are here to update you on the crossfire between APC and PDP at the Election Petition Tribunal in Osun State including all other news of interests.

To join our WhatsApp Broadcast List, send your name and location to this WHATSAPP No. 09069473894, to autoshare our news updates into your box ahead of others.

Also contact us for all your adverts.
Thank you.
Adesoji Omosebi
Editor-in-Chief
SOJ WORLDWIDE....an ONLINE NEWS with a difference.

1 Like

Re: A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev by Validated: 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nice one, OSUN STATE, not state of Osun.

1 Like

Re: A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2022
So fijogbowo has been waiting patiently for this that's even beyond his mental capability. When you focus on reverting policies of your predecessors, you're holding the state backward because you won't focus on yours. This is same thing Oyetola did.

More drama to come in Osun
.:
The Governor also ordered a revert to the name of Osun State, from the State of Osun, as well as the state’s appellation, from the State of the Virtuous, to the former State of the Living Spring.
Re: A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev by Validated: 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
Nice one, OSUN STATE, not state of Osun.
God bless Ademola ADELEKE.

1 Like

Re: A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev by Pwettylinda(f): 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
Very good make the out going no rush withdraw huge cash

Theif

1 Like

Re: A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev by sehin79(m): 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
changing the name of a state... how would that help the citizens....
i hope this man get his priority right....for the people of osun state...
the coming months would determine if he knows what he is doing.
Re: A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev by 4Kemzy(m): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
May your administration herald positive development to your people. Congratulations your Excellency

1 Like

Re: A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2022
I'm kinda having an interest in seeing how his administration will be grin
Re: A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev by Dmano: 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2022
That's how to go about it your out going Governor refuses to give you a handover note
Re: A New Dawn In Osun As Adeleke Reverses Appointments, Freezes State Accounts, Rev by FreedomArmy: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
sehin79:
changing the name of a state... how would that help the citizens....
i hope this man get his priority right....for the people of osun state...
the coming months would determine if he knows what he is doing.
too early to wail brother. Give him some accolade for defeating tinubu apc in tinubu state

(1) (Reply)

"Osun Is Not As Rich As I Am" - Tinubu [Throwback Post] / Bola Ahmed Tinubu: I Tamed Atlantic Ocean From Wiping Out Lagos State Residents / How TINUBU Unified The APC In Cross River State..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.