Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. (41169 Views)

Lady Hussey Apologises To Ngozi Fulani After 'warm meeting' in Buckingham Palace / Double Rainbow Appears Over Buckingham Palace On Eve Of Queen's Funeral (photos) / Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
casualobserver:

Shut the fork up!!!

Go and spend some time in Eastern Europe like someone said when you come back you will volunteer your entire ancestry before they ask you

Why will I want to go to Eastern Europe? Why would I want to go to a place where I will be a second class citizen
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by observanc1: 3:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
a4cube:
The lady Ngozi Fulani is not even a Nigeria but just because she chose to answer two Nigerian related names the perpetual haters singled out the Ngozi in her name and start hating her.
u are the only one that made a sensible comment since I started reading the comments here.
The woman is carribean. She doesn't know where in Africa she is originally from, that's what dragged the whole conversation. An igbo woman will proudly tell you that she's igbo originally from Nigeria. And that's all.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Aboguede(m): 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2022
You and those who gave u like should answer that ur question

Moronsssssss grin

Dshocker:

Abeg no vex, which school you go?

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by casualobserver: 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2022
zztop:

Slave grin
The real slave is the one who sees meaning into every meaningless action or question because they have not overcome a psychological inferiority or slave complex. If I asked you where you come from you wouldn’t see meaning to it so why see meaning because a white personality asked you? Because you are already prejudiced, you still have our the slave mindset and see everything from that perspective. Innocent question we ask each other every day when we meet new people, so why is it different because the person asking you is white?

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Litmus: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
casualobserver:

Blacks don’t understand how lucky they are to live in Britain and not other western countries. I remmember a trip to the US on holiday in the 90s, I was in a rental the police stopped us and pulled a gun on me…the one and only time In my life I had a gun pointed at me! I was still smiling, my friend warned don’t try that shit again!! I can honestly say I was never conscious of being black in the UK, but always whenever I went to Europe. People don’t know how lucky they are as blacks in the UK.

You're given the impression you're suffering from inferiority complex. The clue is because you made it seem as though you're grateful to not experience racism in the UK.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by observanc1: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
planetx:
So why are you ashamed to just tell her you are from Nigeria, obviously the white lady can smell your low self esteem and self hatred from a mile away. Your name is African so she was not racist asking you where in Africa you are from, but your self hatred will not stop you from claiming a London ghetto like Hackney and she wasn't obviously impressed you are from Hackney and was trying to help you redeem yourself with something more dignified than Hackney but you didn't get the message.
and who told u she's from Nigeria? She's Carribean.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
AfonjaConehead:

Oga it doesn't,he said the truth. A foreigner seems to have more rights than you in naija cos of your bloody govt...the whites will never do that to you in their soil

Not just the government, our people worship foreigners, here in Nigeria, Foreigners have more rights than the average Nigerian right here in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by FireUpNow(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gemma11:

Race and Nationality are two different things. The lady never denied that she was an African.
Why didn't she say her original country of origin?
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by jimetagambo: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
Ckonnet:

That's where oyibo woman head crash,she was try to rap her head around the name alone minus the weird attire.
I understand people see racism in alot of things but that's just them. It could be from an experience in their past. In this case, I can't really conclude the intent of the woman that asked her the question. It could really be that she got confused by the name and was just curious.

If I was in Ngozi's shoe, I would proudly tell her where I am from not only Nigeria or Caribbean but where in that particular country sef and tribe. Out of curiosity, I have also asked some people with Polish or Ukrainian name at work where they are originally from even though they are American. Some of their names are very similar. I haven't seen any one that took offence to the question. Some would even tell you that their grand parents moved to America in the 1930s or that there granddad still speaks Polish.

I acknowledge that racism does exist, but I always make sure that I have sufficient proof before I conclude that it's racism.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by casualobserver: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2022
Litmus:

You're given the impression you're suffering from inferiority complex. The clue is because you made it seem as though you're grateful to not experience racism in the UK.

You are too stupid too understand. Racism exists, it will always exist. I didn’t see or notice not because it want there but because I wasn’t looking for it. I could easy have said every time a police man stopped me it was due to racism (I was stopped a lot because I had a flashy car). But I knew 1) I drove a flashy car, I was young and I often broke the traffic rules/ speed limit.

It’s all about having the right mindset..

Britain is not your country and never will be!!!

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Gemma11: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
mrdharkchild:

For your mind!
I dey Canada. I dey experience am. I really don't criticize them for it. I only tell myself that, if to say my country de work, this shit no go de happen.

In the school of logic u don't expect a fowl from Bush to come to the farm to come and be claiming right.

Racism kill you there. You go another man house de claim right, irony of it is, you still report it to thir authorities.

Lolz.
Slaves, we all are

If you see yourself as a slave then that is your prerogative.

You are in Canada as an immigrant.
Some of us Black people are UK born and raised citizens.
No matter which way you slice it, being of the same skin colour does not the experiences of an immigrant and a born citizen in the UK similar

If you have time, read up on Black British History...it is isn't an immigrant experience so don't compare the experience of someone born and raised in the country you have chosen to immigrate to with your own.
Again stay in your lane.
If you don't understand the nuances of the conversation between Ngozi and the Lady then keep mute.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by casualobserver: 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
zztop:

Why will I want to go to Eastern Europe? Why would I want to go to a place where I will be a second class citizen

Are you not a second class citizen the the Uk? Don’t kid yourself, because facilities are available to you in the Uk and you can do well for yourself does not mean you are a 1st class citizen. You will always be second. Class whether Britain or Eastern Europe. That’s different from racism.

You people seem to get it twisted…you are blacks…your home is Africa, nowhere else will ever be home or will you truly integrate except in Africa. You must understand your purpose for being abroad and so long as a country gives you the opportunity to achieve your goals embrace it and don’t complain. Dont start looking for what isn’t there or thinking you are one of them because you will never be. You are not home full stop!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by jimetagambo: 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
planetx:
So why are you ashamed to just tell her you are from Nigeria, obviously the white lady can smell your low self esteem and self hatred from a mile away. Your name is African so she was not racist asking you where in Africa you are from, but your self hatred will not stop you from claiming a London ghetto like Hackney and she wasn't obviously impressed you are from Hackney and was trying to help you redeem yourself with something more dignified than Hackney but you didn't get the message.
grin grin grin
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by SLOVFO(m): 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2022
All these because a woman chose an Igbo name? Nobody is even talking about the "Fulani" part of her name. Africans seriously have issues...for those talking trash over there, the woman clearly knows what she is fighting for and those in Britain ( and her position) will relate...and less we forget the current British prime minister is Indian by ancestry but have been assimilated into the British society.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by casualobserver: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2022
zztop:

Are you not a second class citizen the the Uk? Don’t kid yourself, because facilities are available to you in the Uk and you can do well for yourself does not mean you are a 1st class citizen. You will always be second. Class, you will never be one of them, whether Britain or Eastern Europe. That’s different from racism.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by sehin79(m): 3:36pm On Nov 30, 2022
there is nothing racial here....this lady bears an African name...and dresses in an African way...and clearly she is not proud to say my heritage is from Africa clearly she is the one with the problem....there is no racism here.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by jimetagambo: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
Kobicove:

You people talk as if we don't have tribalism deep-rooted here in Nigeria
Point out where I said we don't have Tribalism in Nigeria. I will be waiting.

Ngozi or Not Ngozi, because I said the British monarchy as an institution was built on white supremacy (hence, a racist institution) doesn't mean that Tribalism does not exist in Nigeria. Two wrongs can exists at the same time.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Gemma11: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
jimetagambo:

I understand people see racism in alot of things but that's just them. It could be from an experience in their past. In this case, I can't really conclude the intent of the woman that asked her the question. It could really be that she got confused by the name and was just curious.

If I was in Ngozi's shoe, I would proudly tell her where I am from not only Nigeria or Caribbean but where in that particular country sef and tribe. Out of curiosity, I have also asked some people with Polish or Ukrainian name at work where they are originally from even though they are American. Some of their names are very similar. I haven't seen any one that took offence to the question. Some would even tell you that their grand parents moved to America in the 1930s or that there granddad still speaks Polish.

I acknowledge that racism does exist, but I always make sure that I have sufficient proof before I conclude that it's racism.

Ngozi is from Hackney, East London. She isn't from Nigeria or an Igbo.
This is the issue the racist lady could not understand. In 2022 she is still acting surprised or rather just being ridiculously obtuse about there being Black generations of Black people who were born and raised in the UK.

The 2021 Census results have just being released and white British people are actually a minority in the London, even though the majority of the population was still born in the city. This basic stat should tell you that not all Londoners born in the city are white.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by TheboyGhost(m): 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2022
Your skin color is only an illusion.... grin

Don't feel you are different from your brothers and sisters....
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Goalnaldo(m): 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
Lol why is the lady beating around the bush evading her question. I would have told her straight away I'm from Nigeria cheesy
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by jimetagambo: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2022
observanc1:
and who told u she's from Nigeria? She's Carribean.
I am even curious to know where in the carribean.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2022
casualobserver:

The real slave is the one who sees meaning into every meaningless action or question because they have not overcome a psychological inferiority or slave complex. If I asked you where you come from you wouldn’t see meaning to it so why see meaning because a white personality asked you? Because you are already prejudiced, you still have our the slave mindset and see everything from that perspective. Innocent question we ask each other every day when we meet new people, so why is it different because the person asking you is white?

My point is I am just as good as anyone, so I don't where the inferiority complex comes from . When Obasanjo visited Buckingham Palace in his agbada, Prince Phillip said to him it looks like you are ready for bed. Of course you can just laugh it off, but Prince Phillip knew what he was doing and making Obasanjo the butt of his joke. I expect Obasanjo to laugh it off, but maybe the lady in question, felt it wasn't an appropriate question to ask at that particular time. You are assuming it is an innocent question but I don't think so.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by AfonjaConehead: 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
Skyview01:

Not just the government, our people worship foreigners, here in Nigeria, Foreigners have more rights than the average Nigerian right here in Nigeria.
Well you are very correct...I work with foreigners and I know that very much

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by jimetagambo: 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gemma11:

Ngozi is from Hackney, East London. She isn't from Nigeria or an Igbo.
This is the issue the racist lady could not understand. In 2022 she is still acting surprised or rather just being ridiculously obtuse about there being Black generations of Black people who were born and raised in the UK.

The 2021 Census results have just being released and white British people are actually a minority in the London, even though the majority of the population was still born in the city. This basic stat should tell you that not all Londoners born in the city are white.
Was there any reason why she was singled out? It appears that there were other black people there as well.

There could be a deliberate racist intent or just the lady being curious? I can't conclude myself. I have asked white people the same question. I think the white lady goofed when she kept on pushing and asking multiple times a question the lady wasn't comfortable answering.

Note: I am one of Nairaland's prolific defender of Meghan Markle, so I know racism does exists in the royal household of Windsor.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by observanc1: 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
jimetagambo:

I am even curious to know where in the carribean.

in the 50s, there was mass migration of carribeans to the UK. Im sure she knows where in carribean she came from, possibly Jamaica, but didnt want to say.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by jimetagambo: 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
observanc1:
in the 50s, there was mass migration of carribeans to the UK. Im sure she knows where in carribean she came from, possibly Jamaica, but didnt want to say.
I know about the windrush generation. Ngozi Fulani doesn't sound Carribean, does it?

I have never heard of the lady Ngozi Fulani until today.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by casualobserver: 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2022
zztop:

My point is I am just as good as anyone, so I don't where the inferiority complex comes from . When Obasanjo visited Buckingham Palace in his agbada, Prince Phillip said to him it looks like you are ready for bed. Of course you can just laugh it off, but Prince Phillip knew what he was doing and making Obasanjo the butt of his joke. I expect Obasanjo to laugh it off, but maybe the lady in question, felt it wasn't an appropriate question to ask at that particular time. You are assuming it is an innocent question but I don't think so.

Let me tell you my story. My first proper job in the Uk after my masters, I discovered I was senior both in salary (by a lot) and hierarchy to some white British citizens who had been in the job for over 10 years and had more experience than me. They left school with o levels and had been working their way up . But I also noticed there were no Jamaican men working senior or executive roles, they were all doing menial jobs, cleaner,security etc. Few blacks you saw were either African (usually Nigerian) or female Jamaicans. You know what it taught me? The Uk will give you opportunities. It is up to you to decide if you want to hold yourself back complaining of racism (jamaican men always do thats why even in University they were few) or take advantage of the opportunities the country offers. But I tell you if you are qualified and you work hard you will get opportunities and your color will not hold you back.

Everything else is story. In our own country we are denied opportunities because of tribe so let’s stop this BS!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by dfrost: 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2022
Benmob:
if tribelism can not stop,why will racism stop

You are right.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by observanc1: 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2022
Goalnaldo:
Lol why is the lady beating around the bush evading her question. I would have told her straight away I'm from Nigeria cheesy
she's not from Nigeria. She's carribean.
Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
casualobserver:

Are you not a second class citizen the the Uk? Don’t kid yourself, because facilities are available to you in the Uk and you can do well for yourself does not mean you are a 1st class citizen. You will always be second. Class, you will never be one of them, whether Britain or Eastern Europe. That’s different from racism.

Firstly, I don't want to be one of them, I am me and very proud of my NigeriaN origin. What you don't realise is that some Nigerians are more British than British people themselves, it doesn't mean they don't eat amala and ewede, but they are smart enough to know the law and challenged it if they feel they are treated differently.

You argument is that because I am black and living in their country, I have to do as they say. NEVER. With the Japa culture you are ready to be slaves even in Pakistan. I like the USA, I don't need visa to travel there, but I will never go there and stay illegal because I will never be a second class citizen! NEVER.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. by Goalnaldo(m): 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2022
slivertongue:
Which kind name be this?
Igbo Muslim, very rare grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

A Ghanaian Planted Plantain Inside Potholes / We’re An Angry Nation’ — SA Defence Minister Opens Up On Xenophobia / Palestinians Warn Of Religious War If Jews ‘storm’ Temple Mount (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.