Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,684 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House (5995 Views)

Ex-head Of State Linked To UN House Bombing / Boko Haram Reveals UN House Bomber’s Name / Boko Haram Attack On UN House: FBI Agents Storm Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by OAM4J: 6:38pm On Aug 27, 2011
[size=13pt]Jonathan visits UN House, says we ‘re on top of the situation[/size]

BY DANIEL IDONOR

ABUJA – BARELY 24 hours after a suicide bomber rammed his car into United Nations, UN, building in Abuja, killing at least 25 people and injuring over 40, President Goodluck Jonathan, Saturday,  paid an on-the-spot assessment visit to the scene of the blast.

President Jonathan, after seeing the extent of damage, assured Nigerians and the international community that Nigeria is on top of the situation, to uncover those behind the rising pace of terrorism in the country.

He vowed that Nigeria will continue to collaborate with the international community on the war against terrorism, and expressed Nigeria’s appreciation to her friends and allies, especially world leaders for their solidarity with the country in these trying moments.

“One thing is very clear, terrorist attack on any individual or any group is a terrorist attack to the rest of the world, it is not just about the UN office in Nigeria.  We will work with the UN and all the world leaders, of course, many of them have contacted me between yesterday and today”, he said.

Asked if the attack has adverse effect on the image of Nigeria, the President said, “of course, wherever you have terrorist attack in any country, Nigeria is not an isolated case. Many countries have suffered from terrorists attacks, may be it is the turn of Nigeria. But we are on top of the situation”

Jonathan had arrived at the venue exactly 12.02 pm hours, with his aides and was received by the National Security Adviser, Ministers of Information, Police Affairs, International Affairs and Ministers of State for Foreign Affairs and Defence, Olusola Obada.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/jonathan-visits-un-housesays-we-re-top-of-terrorism/
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Sunofgod(m): 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2011
Is that our President or is it his driver?

I cant tell. . . . .

Anyway, so its official - we're now involved in the 'War on Terror'.

GEJ - look at what getting involved with the yanks led to in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

How long before drones are flying over our skies bombing suspected terrorists/political dissenters?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by OAM4J: 6:47pm On Aug 27, 2011
Quite an interesting picture. Is that Abati holding the microphone? grin

Anyways, Oga Jona I sincerely hope you are on top of the situation. undecided
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2011
So how many people have been arrested in connection with the bombing ?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by kcjazz(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2011
Why has he not visited Maiduguri? tongue
Abi are they not Nigerian citizens?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by omanzo02: 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2011
kcjazz:

They are Bokoharamist and Buharist grin grin grin
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by comechop(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2011
Sun of god:

Is that our President or is it his driver?

I cant tell. . . . .

I actually laughed out loud.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by seanet02: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2011
[size=40pt]Can you hear Your Clueless President "Maybe it is the Turn of Nigeria"? WTF[/size]
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2011
an offensive is needed right now irrespective of what any body or group feels
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by no1madman(m): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2011
Na2day!
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2011
i dont know what else he is to say! quite correct :
“One thing is very clear, terrorist attack on any individual or any group is a terrorist attack to the rest of the world, it is not just about the UN office in Nigeria
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by tpia5: 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2011
on top means on the bottom in nigerian lingo.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by tpia5: 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2011
where is gej in that photo?

surely not the one in the grey shirt.

just wondering.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2011
kcjazz:

if he is to visit the state then it means he got to have a federal house there too  undecided
he cant be moving from abuja -maid everyweek (it will cost a lot)
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2011
Is dat d president?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2011
i wonder if some ppl are blind to ask where is GeJ

what is wrong with the outfit or is it to mock the man  
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Sunofgod(m): 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2011
Toaskarity:

Its like you never watched 'Chief Zebruday'

Isn't that the outfit 'Green Glory' used to wear?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by may30: 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2011
OMG!, our president is so DULL!(with due respect), Am not surprised of jonathan saying such. For once, we are all aware that he talks before thinking and am sure he does not know what he is saying. You see, the problem is Libya is not of the fact that Qaddafi has overstayed or that he is a dictator. The problem is of the fact the western world sees him and his country having and holding them behind in the quest for energy to run their fastest-growing technology and power. The world runs on energy and 1st worlds can not just afford to be held still by shortages and inconsistencies in energy supply. They needed to ensure they sustain that tempo of their economic and technological trends. only if i may say, we have to be very careful in Nigeria. The whole of Arab spring is a script that the western world is running,and am surprised that jonathan could so publicly supports the rebels in Libya knowing fully well that Nigeria is on the list of places to watch out for such crisis before 2015(based on wikileaks). It even seems to me, by being rational, that if critically checked,UN and the western world might even be the one funding all this boko haram thing. By the time the attack is really serious, they might then say they want to help us restore security in our fatherland and thats when it will all be clear to us who is really behind the mask. If u need to know how true is all i have said, check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F44iDdS4Lns&feature=player_detailpage#t=20s
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by hercules07: 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2011
Abati is now Microphone holder, testing testing.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by born2boink(m): 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2011
grin grin grin make PHCN no hold light
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by wendytilda(f): 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2011
Perhaps he is really on top of the situation. Let’s just wait and see the outcome.

And hey people, the attire is called “casual wear”! lol…
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by tpia5: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2011
Toaskarity:

who is mocking anyone or is your spidey sense tingling and telling you something is wrong somewhere.

defensive manouver?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2011
Sun of god:

Its like you never watched 'Chief Zebruday'

Isn't that the outfit 'Green Glory' used to wear?

ok, i have nt watched it, but what is wrong with his outfit? is it the colour? or for putting on cap? what exactly?
i have seen so many ppl dress like that  undecided
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by tpia5: 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2011
Toaskarity:

i have seen so many ppl dress like that undecided

no doubt.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2011
tpia@:

who is mocking anyone or is your spidey sense tingling and telling you something is wrong somewhere.

defensive manouver?
ok, i might be wrong but the way ppl portray it sounds like, moreover i only was asking! dont u see the quest mark?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by cold(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2011
OAM4J:

[size=13pt]Jonathan visits UN House, says we ‘re on top of the situation[/size]

Asked if the attack has adverse effect on the image of Nigeria, the President said, “of course, wherever you have terrorist attack in any country, Nigeria is not an isolated case. Many countries have suffered from terrorists attacks, may be it is the turn of Nigeria. But we are on top of the situation”
This line wasn't well thought out
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by NegroNtns(m): 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2011
<quote>

“One thing is very clear, terrorist attack on any individual or any group is a terrorist attack to the rest of the world, it is not just about the UN office in Nigeria.  We will work with the UN and all the world leaders, of course, many of them have contacted me between yesterday and today”, he said.

</quote>

In this caption, Gej is ceeding the responsibilkity of Nigerian security to international powers.

Gej is incapable of securing the country. So what happens now to the amnesty promised to Boko Haram?

Beaf, what do you say to this development?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by Sunofgod(m): 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2011
Toaskarity:

ok, i have nt watched it,  but what is wrong with his outfit? is it the colour? or for putting on cap? what exactly?
i have seen so many ppl dress like that  undecided

Look - he's a President.

He needs to look sharp 24/7.

Up to this point he has tried - but let him not start acting like a 'White man' on hols.

He shouldn't dress down in public or when on official visits.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by thebaisify(m): 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2011
Not sure what exactly he is on top of? On top Dame Patience abi na on top Indian prostitute?

We have Bello(former acting PDP chairman) as defence minister and we think we have the right man for the job?

I fear that this is only the beginning- the terrorists will flourish with the type of security infrastructures we have in Nigeria.
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by okadaman2: 7:41pm On Aug 27, 2011
Hahaha. So Oga GEJ has finally decided to take Pius Adesanmi's satirical advice?

See bros Reuben sef, grin

Dem even add brown cap and ruffled casual shirt join am. Oga come be like action man grin

The president's men are learning.

“Em, cool temper gentlemen. I think Ken has a point. Once a country is hit by a major international tragedy, the management of that tragedy becomes the yardstick for measuring the quality of its leadership.

Look at the recent Norway bombings. Within minutes of the tragedy, the Norwegian Prime Minister was all over the world’s airwaves - from CNN to BBC via Aljazeera – comforting his citizens and reassuring the international community. Spectacle and perception are crucial in this business. Nothing beats the image of a hands-on leader getting to the trenches to comfort his people and the world.”

“Exactly! My sentiments, Reno! We also saw the British Prime Minister in action during the recent London riots. He cut short his vacation and returned home to lead. He was constantly in the street, addressing his country and the world.”

“Yes o, Ken, it was reassuring seeing the British Prime Minister. Not to mention what an American President would do in these circumstances: rousing and reassuring speeches to Americans and the world [size=21pt]atop the rubble[/size] within minutes of an attack. Reuben, do you understand what we are talking about now?
Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by jawjaw1: 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2011
If only the government will be on top of the situation before the bombs go off, ehh!

Re: We‘re On Top Of The Situation – GEJ: Visits UN House by tefund(m): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2011
he better be on top of the situation,cos the earlier the better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It’s Difficult To Get Boko Haram For Talks – Jonathan / Did President Obama Tap His Wife's Buttocks In This Photo? / SECESSIONISTS! I Can’t Be A Party To Nigeria’s Disintegration – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.