Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,461 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste (7140 Views)

Soludo Recieves UN Resident Co-ordinator, Marthias Schmale / Don’t Listen To Buhari, Visit Scenes Of Terrorist Attacks, Akintoye Tells UN Sec / UN Sec-Gen Names Dangote, Adesina, Others To Fight Global Malnutrition (2) (3) (4)

UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by HonNL: 7:19am On Dec 02, 2022
Secretary-General appoints Ms. Olufunmilayo Abosede Balogun-Alexander of Nigeria as the United Nations Resident Coordinator in Timor-Leste

Olufunmilayo Abosede Balogun-Alexander is the new UN Resident Coordinator in Timor-Leste.

United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appointed Olufunmilayo Abosede Balogun-Alexander of Nigeria United Nations Resident Coordinator in Timor-Leste, with the host Government’s approval. She takes up her post on 1 December.

Olufunmilayo Abosede Balogun-Alexander has more than 30 years of experience working on and leading humanitarian, peace and development projects at a senior level within the United Nations and international NGOs.

Prior to her appointment as United Nations Resident Coordinator, Ms. Balogun-Alexander served as Head, Humanitarian Normative and Coordination Action, UN Women, where she led UN Women’s global response to humanitarian crises and supported UN Women Country Offices to strengthen gender mainstreaming in UN-led Humanitarian Coordinated response in crisis-affected countries.

Before that, she worked as UN Women Country Representative to UN Women, Deputy Representative, UN Women Ethiopia, Director, External Relations and Advocacy, International Planned Parenthood Federation, Africa Region and Kenya Programme Manager for the UN Development Fund for Women.

Ms. Balogun-Alexander led and supported multi-functional teams at the country level to be fit for purpose and to achieve impact and results, particularly on the humanitarian-development-peace nexus. She led UN inter-agency coordination to coordinate joint assessments, develop and implement joint UN programmes, including on gender-based violence, governance and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse.

She has coordinated national support and government priorities for development and social policy funding, including co-creating and driving solutions, including on contentious issues of gender equality, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and minority groups, to ensure that no one is left behind in achieving the SDGs. Olufunmilayo Abosede Balogun-Alexander has established and maintained strategic partnerships with governments, intergovernmental commissions, bilateral donors, media and the private sector for innovative funding and programmes.

Ms. Balogun-Alexander has a master’s degree in Gender and Development from the Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex, UK and a bachelor of arts degree in English from University of Lagos, Nigeria.

She has two children.

SOURCE

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by JASONjnr(m): 7:21am On Dec 02, 2022
This is a good one ....
Congratulations paddi mi....

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by BATified2023: 7:54am On Dec 02, 2022
I made some mistakes during this election and e pain me gan,I just keep asking myself y I refuse to join Labour Party when their noise was top notch maybe by now I for dey ride Range Rover like okupe

I for don cash out plenty by now from d gullible ipob contributors who contributed money for nnamdi kanu expensive lifestyle n are also doing same for Labour Party now

E pain me die when them tell me say doyin okupe was using a dead sienna as at may this year but Agba scammer is now on double range

The difference between ipob madness n this obi madness is that in ipob madness only igbos cash out but this obi madness e b like say na every tribe dey cash out ooo

I dey reason maybe make I shout obidient come drop my aza

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by ayodaisi: 7:54am On Dec 02, 2022
Congratulations to one of our own
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Abolodje: 7:54am On Dec 02, 2022
Who is she?

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by BolaTechNG(m): 7:54am On Dec 02, 2022
Peter Obi joins Socios, hits 23,000 Socios followers in 2 hours

www.socios.com/peterobi

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by RichFoundation(m): 7:54am On Dec 02, 2022
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by bigdammyj: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2022
Congrats to him.

*Her*
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by sukkot: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2022
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Jay5mie: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2022
Is she married?

is she happy in her marraige?

I like her o, OP howfar? you get contact?
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Mathantics: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2022
bigdammyj:
Congrats to him.
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Jay5mie: 7:56am On Dec 02, 2022
bigdammyj:
Congrats to him.

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 02, 2022
Urchins will not like this with their third-world mentality. They love poverty and failure and underdevelopment.

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by officialwdhtv: 7:56am On Dec 02, 2022
Nice one
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by bigdammyj: 7:58am On Dec 02, 2022
Jay5mie:

Lol... you've been looking for the opportunity for long.
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by onomeabuja: 7:58am On Dec 02, 2022
HonNL:
Secretary-General appoints Ms. Olufunmilayo Abosede Balogun-Alexander of Nigeria as the United Nations Resident Coordinator in Timor-Leste

SOURCE
Very Very Soon Apcshit go come here come de shout jagalistic ups & down....
I de wait for una embarassed
Long range missile na him i go take treat una FUC-K up today angry

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by KINGS100(m): 7:59am On Dec 02, 2022
Congratulations
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by money121(m): 8:00am On Dec 02, 2022
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Simplythebest: 8:01am On Dec 02, 2022
And Buhari is busy appointing only fulani people. Nigeria i salute u guys

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:02am On Dec 02, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by faithfull18(f): 8:03am On Dec 02, 2022
Nice one, power woman.
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Victorclean1: 8:09am On Dec 02, 2022
Tinibu is working.
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Eagle360(m): 8:12am On Dec 02, 2022
Congratulations more wins

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by ZUBY77(m): 8:13am On Dec 02, 2022
Congrats
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Kaysalas(m): 8:27am On Dec 02, 2022
BATified2023:
I made some mistakes during this election and e pain me gan,I just keep asking myself y I refuse to join Labour Party when their noise was top notch maybe by now I for dey ride Range Rover like okupe

I for don cash out plenty by now from d gullible ipob contributors who contributed money for nnamdi kanu expensive lifestyle n are also doing same for Labour Party now

E pain me die when them tell me say doyin okupe was using a dead sienna as at may this year but Agba scammer is now on double range

The difference between ipob madness n this obi madness is that in ipob madness only igbos cash out but this obi madness e b like say na every tribe dey cash out ooo

Bros! You nor good ahswear!
Dis early Momo neck pressing nor too much? grin

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 02, 2022
BATified2023:

Me sef fvck up....

Dem aisha yesufu's just dey cash out big time...

Las las, diz dumbos no go shout pas betrayal, na normal memory verse for their 5%

Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by BennyDGreat: 8:52am On Dec 02, 2022
Nice
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by ariesbull: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2022
His people will say leave Lagos

He should leave UN
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by Balos963: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2022
JASONjnr:
This is a good one ....

Congratulations paddi mi....
so iyawo oniyawo na your padi now,continue undecided
Re: UN Sec-Gen appoints Balogun-Alexander As Resident Co-ordinator In Timor-leste by FreeStuffsNG: 9:30am On Dec 02, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

Greatest Akokite! Keep soaring.

If you see any organization or society excelling, there is an Akokite there behind the excellence of that organization or society.

Congratulations ma. Please represent us excellently as you have always done. We are proud of you ma.

Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum / Breaking News; Alameiyeisegha Is Alive. He Was Sighted At A Creek In Bayelsa / Army: AI Report On Clash With Shi’ites Hasty, Partial, Subjective