Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Is The Move To Canada Worth It - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is The Move To Canada Worth It (1679 Views)

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Is A Diploma Degree In Canada Worth It? / 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Move To Canada Worth It by dipset01: 12:01am On Dec 03, 2022
Guys is migrating to canada worth it? God is faithful I am currently 34years working in as an IT professional in a FCMG organization, currently earn 1.1m monthly this is excluding the perks, my wife who is currently 28 years also earns about 700k monthly. We both have siblings in Canada and both have UK masters degree. I know if my wife applies for PR and does well in IETLS we have a high chance of being invited. We have started the WES process and will soon sit for IELTS.
I never use to believe in the whole Japa thing, infact I get irritated when I see people traveling out, until this year when dollar became over 800 to a Naira, also my colleague at work was recently kidnapped and killed recently. Coupled with the epileptic power supply and frustration naija gives you in so many way(traffic in lagos, passport processing fustration etc). The whole thing is kinda of tiring.

I know every land has its own challenges, like the cold, racism, Job hunting and the starting again whahala, but to be candor is it worth it.

My younger brother is telling me to come over that there are more chances in Canada.

What do you guys think, is Canada really worth it?
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:03am On Dec 03, 2022
Omho I think this sort of threads should just start being closed immediately they are opened. This is like the umpteenth time someone is making the same topic this week.

To answer your question no Nigeria is far far better than Canada wait until tinubu enters and see what he transforms Nigeria to. All those migrating will run back immediately. Buhari has already laid the ground work. Tinubu is coming to finish up buharis work and Nigeria will become paradise on earth. Just wait for the next 8 years

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Prechgold1180(m): 12:14am On Dec 03, 2022
Ok o
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Prechgold1180(m): 12:16am On Dec 03, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Omho I think this sort of threads should just start being closed immediately they are opened. This is like the umpteenth time someone is making the same topic this week.

To answer your question no Nigeria is far far better than Canada wait until tinubu enters and see what he transforms Nigeria to. All those migrating will run back immediately. Buhari has already laid the ground work. Tinubu is coming to finish up buharis work and Nigeria will become paradise on earth. Just wait for the next 8 years

Who do you like this I swear to God who made me
E nur go ever better for that person

Tinubu keh my brother I pray God help u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Sisib15: 12:50am On Dec 03, 2022
Stay at home and earn more
dipset01:
Guys is migrating to canada worth it? God is faithful I am currently 34years working in as an IT professional in a FCMG organization, currently earn 1.1m monthly this is excluding the perks, my wife who is currently 28 years also earns about 700k monthly. We both have siblings in Canada and both have UK masters degree. I know if my wife applies for PR and does well in IETLS we have a high chance of being invited. We have started the WES process and will soon sit for IELTS.
I never use to believe in the whole Japa thing, infact I get irritated when I see people traveling out, until this year when dollar became over 800 to a Naira, also my colleague at work was recently kidnapped and killed recently. Coupled with the epileptic power supply and frustration naija gives you in so many way(traffic in lagos, passport processing fustration etc). The whole thing is kinda of tiring.

I know every land has its own challenges, like the cold, racism, Job hunting and the starting again whahala, but to be candor is it worth it.

My younger brother is telling me to come over that there are more chances in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by dawnomike(m): 2:01am On Dec 03, 2022
dipset01:

You are an I.T person and you're still asking this question Pls, get out of this country.
With your I.T background you'll do well. Give yourself 5 months
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by ednut1(m): 2:34am On Dec 03, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

they have siblings in Canada but he is coming online to ask people on nairaland. Justwise abeg dey help us close these mumu threads.

5 Likes

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by pharmguru: 2:48am On Dec 03, 2022
Lol...una no just get joy for this thread
@Op, honestly immigration can be really expensive. And I'm talking about the mental part. You're practically leaving everything you ever know behind. Thats a high price.

Considering your career as an IT professional, i wouldn't say you'll be starting from scratch cause IT is IT anywhere in the world. And it's a skill in high demand. I don't think you'd hv issues getting a good job.

Is the move worth it? I'd say yes but only because the disadvantages of staying back in Nigeria greatly outweigh the risks. The realization that one could lose everything in just one day, including their life scares the shit outta me. God forbid sha. May Nigeria not happen to us

1 Like

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by JohnOkolo: 4:28am On Dec 03, 2022
dipset01:

So sad to hear this, its not easy to live with urchins in Nigeria, people don't want to work but want to kill, steal and destroy. Why cut off a life you can't give
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Sweetvie: 5:47am On Dec 03, 2022
Well, first check all the pro n con
Then choose the one that suit you best.
Good luck grin
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by AndroidAI(m): 8:53am On Dec 03, 2022
Over there, that your 1.1M is like earning 100k a month. Not worth it! There are a lot of estates in Nigeria where you can relocate and live like a king.

1 Like

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by BigDawsNet: 8:59am On Dec 03, 2022
dipset01:

Hm

My little advice... Don’t get informstion only from agencies in Nigeria/Canada that want you to pay them for advice and help making your application to immigrate.

Talk to others (Siblings) who have moved to Canada. Ask them about their experiences...
Make sure you have a calm call with your siblings and let them be honest with you about the settling, and living in Canada...

I based in the States and work in IT and I can tell you.. i will advice anyone with IT skills to move abroad.. but it comes with lot of merits and demerits..

You need to ask yourself why you need to move?
More money or because others are moving...

Have a discussion with this people and make your decision..

Remember you may hav to start allover when you arrive...

Generally you both have really good income to hav a very lovely standard of living... think about ur options and pls pray about it before u start
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by shegzhkn: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2022
Get this son.

You might think you are earning well here but life goes beyond that, what if 'life' happens to you here and sure it will.

'Anything that can go wrong will go wrong'.

Some narrow minded folks might tell you that you can live like king here but imagine this - the devil get bored one day and decided to stake your life on some kind of game you had cardiac arrest or some kind of emergency, do you think you're gonna survive, Hell No. The same will not happen a guy in the west doing some dead end job.

Before you make any decision take every variables into consideration because your instinct is much more stronger than some imposed reasoning.
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by dipset01: 10:30am On Dec 03, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Hm

My little advice... Don’t get informstion only from agencies in Nigeria/Canada that want you to pay them for advice and help making your application to immigrate.

Talk to others (Siblings) who have moved to Canada. Ask them about their experiences...
Make sure you have a calm call with your siblings and let them be honest with you about the settling, and living in Canada...

I based in the States and work in IT and I can tell you.. i will advice anyone with IT skills to move abroad.. but it comes with lot of merits and demerits..

You need to ask yourself why you need to move?
More money or because others are moving...

Have a discussion with this people and make your decision..

Remember you may hav to start allover when you arrive...

Generally you both have really good income to hav a very lovely standard of living... think about ur options and pls pray about it before u start

Thanks Boss, I really appreciate everyone ones advice and also yours

I speak to my younger bro all the time and I know how things are, my brother isnt doing badly over, as a matter of fact he is also part of what is making me considering moving. He takes home 150k usd per annum which when I look at things is not bad. But I know it wasnt easy for him at first. Before he landed his current job which is in Engineering, he did alot of not so nice jobs (menial jobs), at some point I even used to counsel him to take professional courses and certifications. At a point as he no see work for engineering field he was considering going back to school to do medicine or IT, God Almighty gave him breakthrough. Now he is a citizen. But I know things were kinda of challenging when he first finished his masters.

One will continue to pray and seek God's direction.
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2022
SO WHY EXACTLY DO YOU CREATE THIS THREAD ? SO WE CAN PET YOU TO GO OR WHAT ?
JUSTWISE AND DISGUY SHOULD CLOSE THREADS LIKE THIS NOW NO IOTA OF SENSE IN IT ...
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by symbianDON(m): 10:43am On Dec 03, 2022
@op...you stated clearly how your colleague was recently kidnapped and murdered....that's enough reason for you to run away from this geographical location called Nigeria now that you can!! See what Buhari did in 8years...you think Tinubu will do better??
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by dipset01: 10:47am On Dec 03, 2022
Oga, dont bring your negative energy here, you dont need to make comments you know

I was looking to hear experience from people who have transitioned from naija to canada and how they settled in and geneuly share how things are, and if the move was worth it.

SKIDDOLEE:
SO WHY EXACTLY DO YOU CREATE ? SO WE CAN PET YOU TO GO OR WHAT ?
JUSTWISE AND DISGUY SHOULD CLOSE THREADS LIKE THIS NOW TOTAL MEANINGLESS.
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Raalsalghul: 10:51am On Dec 03, 2022
I don't understand Op.

Are you trying to stoke another 30-page anti/pro japa arguments on Nairaland because I know this thread will get to front page for sure.

Have you done your research: there are so many threads in the travel section that have addressed your concerns: addressing the pros and cons of whatever decision you decide to take.

It will do you a lot of good to go through these threads (first 10 pages of the travel section): therein lies your answers.

Or better still head over to Youtube and peruse through channels, get first hand information from folks who are live and direct there.

I would have called you a government agent if not for the fact that your moniker was created in 2011.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2022
dipset01:
Oga, dont bring your negative energy here, you dont need to make comments you know

I was looking to hear experience from people who have transitioned from naija to canada and how they settled in and geneuly share how things are, and if the move was worth it.

My neighbors back then in 2014 are earning X 3 of what you're earning , his wife work in bank while the husband own a big bakery in our streets where I work .
He's a free man so he tells us almost everything. Imagine make person dey see 3.7m as at 2014 both himself and his wife combine. And yet they think they can be much more better than that and they relocated.
Even I can still remember very well like I think two weeks before their relocation we were asking him jokingly that he want to starve us that probably they'll close down this bakery and sell off all these machines .
His answer to us was that God will open another way for us we all shouted amen . i lost their contact cause of my stolen phone . around 2020 during that coro time my guy we both worked in their bakery showed me their family pic if you see them now and even the type of house their living in new Jersey its very big like that of rick Ross own .
Now what use to get me angry when I see threads like this is that you all know the truth but choose to console yourself with other peoples opinion which is very bad . look at all what is happening in naija only a foolish person will stay back if they have money cause no matter how much money you have you're not save ...

1 Like

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Jokerman(m): 11:51am On Dec 03, 2022
Wow... so an engineer makes big money like that abroad.

I'm going o... very soon
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by nnamdi640: 11:55am On Dec 03, 2022
First make your research and know how much you will be earning there and also calculate how much you will be spending over there, then compare with your present income and expenditure here in Nigeria. Remember that when you go with your family, you spend more. Earning a million plus in Nigeria is not bad.
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by BigDawsNet: 11:55am On Dec 03, 2022
dipset01:

Thanks Boss, I really appreciate everyone ones advice and also yours

I speak to my younger bro all the time and I know how things are, my brother isnt doing badly over, as a matter of fact he is also part of what is making me considering moving. He takes home 150k usd per annum which when I look at things is not bad. But I know it wasnt easy for him at first. Before he landed his current job which is in Engineering, he did alot of not so nice jobs (menial jobs), at some point I even used to counsel him to take professional courses and certifications. At a point as he no see work for engineering field he was considering going back to school to do medicine or IT, God Almighty gave him breakthrough. Now he is a citizen. But I know things were kinda of challenging when he first finished his masters.

One will continue to pray and seek God's direction.

Absolutely bro... Settling can be challenging to be honest... we have couple of Nigeria trained Doc , Engineer, IT Expert that had to go through rough road just to get back on the right track in d new country...

It's not gonna be straightforward things... as you may face Canada experience issue when looking for job...

So just hope for the best and I know God will help you guys when you land

1 Like

Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by michlins(m): 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2022
If you can afford it, kindly japa. Just recently, my neighbor was kidnapped and was lucky to be rescued.

Just imagine if anything went wrong
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2022
michlins:

Just imagine if anything went wrong
OTILO
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2022
Jokerman:
Wow... so an engineer makes big money like that abroad.

I'm going o... very soon
If you're hard working you can make $25m a year .. grin
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by michlins(m): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
SKIDDOLEE:

OTILO
you think it's a story. I know you must have seen the video few days ago.
Re: Is The Move To Canada Worth It by Zdr1: 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2022
Yeah

(1) (Reply)

Applying For Usa And Netherlands Visa(for Conference) / Things To Do In Abuja. / Bermuda Traiangle Mystery Finally Solved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.