Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? (6458 Views)

Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? / Why Do Many People Fear Death? / Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by mrvitalis(m): 8:38am On Dec 04, 2022
There is irritable evidence men can make or mere you ...but can't say same of sky daddy
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by MrPresident1: 8:39am On Dec 04, 2022
smiley
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by iramure(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2022
Man would rather fear man because he can see him. God can't be seen. Even whether he truly exist remains another topic for another day. I tell you that the people who sold the concept of god to us also have doubts about his exixtence.
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by adisacool: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2022
God is merciful and slow to anger.
human being can swing to action immediately and can result to the following.
1. Death
2. Betrayal.
3. Bad names.
4. And so many that can sum to 1000s.
In all, we should be careful with our dealings with human and cast our fears and burdens to the all sufficient God.
The Messiah.

Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by advocatejare(m): 8:45am On Dec 04, 2022
AntiChristian:
The God that can kill himself is worthy to be feared!
That in Islam, a man was said to have knocked out the eyes of angel of death is worthy of being feared grin

Sahih Muslim 2372 a
Abu Huraira reported that the Angel of Death was sent to Moses (peace be upon him) to inform of his Lord's summons. When he came, he (Moses) boxed him and his eye was knocked out. He (the Angel of Death) came back to the Lord and said:
You sent me to a servant. who did not want to die. Allah restored his eye to its proper place (and revived his eyesight), and then said: Go back to him and tell him that if he wants life he must place his hand on the back of an ox, and he would be granted as many years of life as the number of hair covered by his hand. He (Moses) said: My Lord what would happen then He said: Then you must court death. He said: Let it be now. And he supplicated Allah to bring him close to the sacred land. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: If I were there, I would have shown you his grave beside the road at the red mound.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by BloomingDale(f): 8:46am On Dec 04, 2022
Whomever brought you into this world is your God, that is, your Mama.

There is a saying that you can only rise as far as your women. Oyibos people understand this concept very well and has put it to very good use.

Meanwhile Nigeria men insult their women and have continued to suffer from extreme poverty, running to countries that respect their women. How I wish those countries will shoot them on sight. Japa fools.
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by akwesenana: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2022
Who would you rather fear; Your father at office or your elder brother with a belt before you ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by akwesenana: 8:48am On Dec 04, 2022
advocatejare:

That in Islam, a man was said to have knocked out the eyes of angel of death is worthy of being feared grin

Sahih Muslim 2372 a
Abu Huraira reported that the Angel of Death was sent to Moses (peace be upon him) to inform of his Lord's summons. When he came, he (Moses) boxed him and his eye was knocked out. He (the Angel of Death) came back to the Lord and said:
You sent me to a servant. who did not want to die. Allah restored his eye to its proper place (and revived his eyesight), and then said: Go back to him and tell him that if he wants life he must place his hand on the back of an ox, and he would be granted as many years of life as the number of hair covered by his hand. He (Moses) said: My Lord what would happen then He said: Then you must court death. He said: Let it be now. And he supplicated Allah to bring him close to the sacred land. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said: If I were there, I would have shown you his grave beside the road at the red mound.
Antichristiab this guy has replied you with this before.

Is it really in the Koran?
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by advocatejare(m): 8:50am On Dec 04, 2022
akwesenana:

Antichristian this guy has replied you with this before.

Is it really in the Koran?
It’s in their ahadith, the narration of their false prophet and they believe that Muhammad didn’t say anything on his own but only what Allah told him to say, in short the words of Muhammad is the words of Allah!
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by SenatePresdo(m): 8:54am On Dec 04, 2022
Because man will send you faster to Hell fire than God would.

If you know, you know.
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by davien(m): 9:01am On Dec 04, 2022
Because subconsciously we all know it's crap, if I carry a pipe and shout "I'm going to break your head!", you'll run.
If I shout and say, "My God will punish you!" you'll even insult me back.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 9:03am On Dec 04, 2022
Man fears both God and Satan through man because they both live in man. You can't fear what you can't see. God and Satan, good and bad all dwells in the heart of men. I fear to disrespect a good man more than to disrespect a bad one... The concept of fear is complex, it's a compendium!
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by Adakintroy: 9:14am On Dec 04, 2022
Of all the 10 commandments only the first ( love ur God with all ur heart) is dedicated to God. And even so its indirect related to men. the rest are for you interpersonal and social relations/ social orderliness with ur brother. Its not a given what we have. Its very fragile. We are capable of great carnage and mayhem. Even with laws saying you must not kill many still kill. That tells you what we are sub naturally. Its not nothing.

Whatever makes you honor God cuz you to honor men and if you honor men you honor God. Its very much woven as one. No you should not fear men. But if you do not honor them you may end up in fear of them.

If I tell you let's say don't steal and you disregard it and steal. Wait till men Round you up. Especially on this part.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by benqo01(m): 9:14am On Dec 04, 2022
Gastrocnemius:
Assuming we are still in the days of the old testament, the earth would have been wiped out by now.
Just imagine, you get instant judgement of your sin.
We have taken God for granted because we know He's ever forgiven nor matter the gravity of our offense.

You re right,because he his a merciful God people take him for granted do bad things,if it was in the old time as u sin u die instantly thank to Jesus begging on our behalf

Before God no get joy o u do anyhow u collect

Children of Israelite can testify to that how God take kill thousands of them wey misbehave still dey surprise me
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by benqo01(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2022
parkervero:

We can see man but we can't see God. We tend to fear what see than what we can't

Even God regrets creating man chai,seeing what Humans do on earth ehn e reach to wipe d earth self.

He his merciful to us.

Messiah
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by hopefulLandlord: 9:20am On Dec 04, 2022
Tickles001:
It's hell that people fear more. Tell people there's no hell and watch how they put away anything concerning righteousness.
Extreme debauchery and wickedness will bloom and flourish if there's no fear of hell. Even in the presence of law enforcements(men).

This is a lie
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by bluefilm: 9:21am On Dec 04, 2022
Omooba77:
Why do people fear Man rather than God?

Why should you fear what you cannot really see?
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by Tickles001(m): 9:25am On Dec 04, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

This is a lie

You mean most people fear men more than hell?
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by Amed4bilz(m): 9:25am On Dec 04, 2022
I am sure you know the reason more than me, you the poster.

Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by hopefulLandlord: 9:25am On Dec 04, 2022
Tickles001:

You mean most people fear men more than hell?

I would say most people aren't doing evil because they live in a society that frowns hard upon those things
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by udede(m): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2022
If you no fear buhari and blelablu man , then you need help
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 04, 2022
Bcuz man's punishment is instant lol
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by benjanny(m): 9:28am On Dec 04, 2022
Because God gives us second chance
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by phemmyfour: 9:31am On Dec 04, 2022
Omooba77:
Their nowledge is small
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by Xbbga7ha: 9:31am On Dec 04, 2022
Let me teach you how to close greedy white clients, and Earn in dollars starting today with Instagram!!!
I've got Proofs attached too...

Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by coputa(m): 9:32am On Dec 04, 2022
Human being reacts to things they see physically than that of the spiritual,hence they worship the creation (man) than their Creator.that's why they tagged some pastors as God of men, rather than Men of God .
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by IMASTEX: 9:36am On Dec 04, 2022
Religion teaches you to fear God but Christ asked us to love God.
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by Theoarhics: 9:41am On Dec 04, 2022
They take advantage of God's mercy...unlike man that react almost instantly.
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by Mekanus(m): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2022
How can people fear a fictional character?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by efficiencie(m): 9:48am On Dec 04, 2022
Omooba77:

...because GOD is merciful and slow to anger but man is merciless and quick to wrath...one angry man is what is necessary to end all life as we know it...
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by Franzinni: 9:56am On Dec 04, 2022
Becasue MAN is the devil in flesh ... The only time Jesus Christ every showed anger was becasue of MAN, and it's ability to use Godliness as a skin to hide thier evil deeds.

Still the same today as it was back then!

As long as there is man, evil follows naturally !
Re: Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? by Onyipk: 9:57am On Dec 04, 2022
People fear men rather than God, because of the power of sight (what the eyes see).
For physically, man can only see man and not God.

Thus, if you are filled with the Word of God just like Caleb and Joshua (who were among the twelve spies who went to spy the land of Canaan), you will see an Omnipotent(all powerful) God in every thing that you do.

But if your life is empty of the Word of God, you will see life from the point of view of the ten other Israelites spies who saw themselves as grasshoppers before giants.

Man (in the generic) , must realise that the only being the are to fear is JEHOVAH and none other for the FEAR OF MAN IS FOOLISHNESS but the FEAR OF GOD, IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM.

When man FEARS another man for whatever reasons, problems upon problems abound for no man can save/deliver you without the help of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would God Send A Young Kid To Hell Fire? / Why You Should Read "Scientists Discover Hell: As Astronauts Find Heaven" / Secrets Of Effective Prayers For Immediate Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.