Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,779 members, 7,837,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals (3327 Views)

5 RCCG Pastors Kidnapped – Adeboye Reveals / "I Like The Way Buhari Fights Corruption" - Reno Omokri / 2019 : Adeboye Reveals What Christians Should Do To President Buhari & Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by Echile(m): 7:25am On Dec 05, 2022
While preaching on the topic titled, “In My Father’s House,” the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, stated that he likes the Igbo people because each time it comes to Christmas celebration, they always return to their roots in the village.

He stated that a house in the topic “In my father’s house” does not actually mean a real house but a family or the root where one belongs. While giving an illustration, he stated that when a child, who is sitting on a seat stands up for an elder who has no seat, the elder will tell him that he comes from a good house. According to him, the child came from a good family.

However, Pastor Adeboye stated that he likes the Igbo because they don’t normally forget their roots. He added that they don’t normally care about their mansions because they are not as important as their families in the villages.

According to him, “I like my friends of the Igbo culture. When it is Christmas season, they leave the mansions they have there in Lagos and move to the village.” They are going back to their roots, and when you ask them where they’re going, they will tell you, “I’m going to my house.”

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by AlexBells(m): 7:29am On Dec 05, 2022
No place like home,

22 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by wordbank(m): 7:30am On Dec 05, 2022
grin
Aku ruo Ulo 1
That's it!
God bless Igbos

21 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by PrinceOfLagos: 7:33am On Dec 05, 2022
God will continue to bless the Igbo nation Forever ..

Unlike some that came from Osun state and Made Lagos there permanent home, The Igbo man will leave all his mansions and multi million naira businesses and travel home for Christmas every year ..

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by Racoon(m): 7:35am On Dec 05, 2022
Solemn truth said by a bona-fide omoluabi. You root is your pride and origin. Igbos are the most ubiquitous set of humanity that are very resilient, enterprising and cosmopolitan. They freely mix with others.

"If you know your history, then you will know where you're coming from." -(Bob Nesta Marley. ) but one presidential candidate is full of a fraudulent histroy surrounding his person.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by AfonjaConehead: 7:37am On Dec 05, 2022
Echile:
He added that they don’t normally care about their mansions......

According to him, “I like my friends of the Igbo culture. When it is Christmas season, they leave the mansions they have there in Lagos

Coneheaded structures right now grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by abobote: 7:53am On Dec 05, 2022
Yes o, we can't forget our root.

We love you too, Daddy G O

4 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by kpakpankolo: 8:00am On Dec 05, 2022
thank you man of God

Igbo Amaka

5 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by Tenses: 8:03am On Dec 05, 2022
While growing up, I didn't understand why pop will lockup our state of the heart duplex and pack us all to the village especially on festive periods leaving behind all my Omolabis. As I grew older and now man of my own I understand better and does the same thing to my family.

My root, my pride!!

13 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by Echile(m): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2022
It's either you hate or envy them for their tremendous advancement In and Outside the country or you love them for who they are.

Igbo Amaka

6 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by slivertongue: 8:38am On Dec 05, 2022
God bless pastor adeboye, God bless igbos

3 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:40am On Dec 05, 2022
To all Ilorin migrants and Co forming Lagos....Leave your face me,I face you apartment and return to your roots..

Even fulani terrorists,they always return to their roots with 7 virgins after an irrelevant jihad

hahahahahahahaha....

Roots wey wakili don cut finish..

Ndi ala

5 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:46am On Dec 05, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
On point!

Igbos will forever remain visitors in Lagos smiley

slaves can never mention dangote,fulanis them...

Who born them?

hahahahahahahaha......I would rather be a visitor than a refugee

7 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by olisaEze(m): 8:46am On Dec 05, 2022
It smacks of prejudice to speak of ur fellow countrymen as if they’re from another planet. Everyone travels to be with their families and loved ones during the Yuletide, if they’re not busy and can afford it. It is stereotyping to speak as if it is only one tribe that remembers home during the holidays, others do so too.
Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:54am On Dec 05, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

Only piiggiiddiiiootts beat empty chests like chimps and don't want to respect their hosts cheesy

tears from Benin republic

7 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by Ckonnet: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2022
Baba is codedly telling people that made Lagos their home that is not their home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by Ckonnet: 9:16am On Dec 05, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
On point!

Igbos will forever remain visitors in Lagos smiley

They are visitors of course, they have homes in the east.
Remember to hug the first working transformer you see today.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by isan(m): 9:27am On Dec 05, 2022
Baba is codedly telling igbos Lagos is not their home grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by spagettiluv: 9:31am On Dec 05, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
To all Ilorin migrants and Co forming Lagos....Leave your face me,I face you apartment and return to your roots..

Even fulani terrorists,they always return to their roots with 7 virgins after an irrelevant jihad

hahahahahahahaha....

Ndi ala
imagine emeka omo ibo telling fellow yoruba man from ilorin to leave Lagos back to his state.
What an insult.
Meanwhile,your villages in Enugu and imo are ransacked by terrorist.
Your men and women are now refugee in ogun and Ibadan

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by spagettiluv: 9:33am On Dec 05, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

tears from Benin republic
when will these displaced people go back to their home in Enugu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by FrancescoFarino(f): 9:36am On Dec 05, 2022
Igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by Mercisharelove(f): 9:49am On Dec 05, 2022
Okay
Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by beejaay: 9:55am On Dec 05, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

hahahahahahahaha....

Ndi ala

i disagree with the ilorin narrative..we ilorin people love our homes so much that we dont ever miss coming home for festive period especially ileya...the real ilorin people see it as a thing of pride to come home for sallah and we always proud of it..i cant say same for igbominas, and other yorubas though but omo ilorin no dey fall hand
Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by BossGerald: 9:57am On Dec 05, 2022
Lol, Mr adeboye dear, we also have mansions in the villages, much better than those in lagos

See example below

2 Likes

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by TheChameleon: 10:36am On Dec 05, 2022
"..and they are gullible and easy to scam"

Baba refused to add.

1 Like

Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by TheChameleon: 10:36am On Dec 05, 2022
grin
Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by Lanretoye(m): 10:44am On Dec 05, 2022
Dey go that your fathers house now,you no gree after over 70years wey u don commot...
Re: Why I Like The Igbos – Pastor Adeboye Reveals by Landlord97: 11:02am On Dec 05, 2022
It would be forever if we hopefully get our own country, we will leave all part of Nigeria to focus and build our home country, God grant us our prayers amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can We All Agree Now That Atiku Abubakar Is Ill? / Ebonyi South Senatorial Bye-Election Shouldn’t Be Do Or Die - Chima Nkama / Iranian Missiles Are Hitting Targets In Israel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.