Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria (1545 Views)

Cool Stuff For Gamers In This Friday / Gamers In Ibadan / Gamers In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by JerkyChan(m): 12:11pm On Dec 05, 2022
I am JerkyChan. I am sending this message to any surviving Nigerian VR Gamers taking refuge among the stars . We are here. And we are waiting.

Obviously, VR is not too mainstream in Nigeria yet, but Let's come together and form a play group as we enjoy the awesome VR gaming experience....like guys like JoshDub, Reekid etc on Youtube.

Let's make it happen.

I use a Quest 2.

Cc: megatran, crafteck
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Crafteck1: 12:32pm On Dec 05, 2022
Tried it, e no too dey sell , nigerians are addicted to repetitive soccer, even nba/wresling/mk couldn't survive the tsunami of fifa and pes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqAgKmUvPc4

3 Likes

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by JerkyChan(m): 12:37pm On Dec 05, 2022
Crafteck1:
Tried it, e no too dey sell , nigerians are addicted to repetitive soccer, even nba/wresling/mk couldn't survive the tsunami of fifa and pes

But you do play it at a personal level?
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Crafteck1: 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2022
JerkyChan:

But you do play it at a personal level?

Video added, i enjoyed it for a while

1 Like

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by JerkyChan(m): 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2022
Crafteck1:

Video added, i enjoyed it for a while

Good effort setting everything up. So how did it end up?

I'm thinking of starting a youtube channel showing the VR gameplays.
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Leopantro: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2022
Finally, a group of VR enthusiasts.

I agree with crafteck1. Although Oculus Quest VR sells more than PSVR, Nigerians aren't into VR that much.

Currently playing Moss on my Quest and it's interesting although you need a sharp mind to understand the puzzles. Also playing Asgard on my VR compatible PC; it's nice to play as a God but I want to switch to Subnautica. It's like No Man's Sky but underwater; the graphics is mind blowing. I also have No Man's Sky, plan to try it out this Christmas season.

I have over 170 games ( last time I counted) but I have gotten more recently. Click on my name and check my last post
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by JerkyChan(m): 2:05pm On Dec 11, 2022
Leopantro:
Finally, a group of VR enthusiasts.

I agree with crafteck1. Although Oculus Quest VR sells more than PSVR, Nigerians aren't into VR that much.

Currently playing Moss on my Quest and it's interesting although you need a sharp mind to understand the puzzles. Also playing Asgard on my VR compatible PC; it's nice to play as a God but I want to switch to Subnautica. It's like No Man's Sky but underwater; the graphics is mind blowing. I also have No Man's Sky, plan to try it out this Christmas season.

I have over 170 games ( last time I counted) but I have gotten more recently. Click on my name and check my last post

Nice.

What's the specs of your PC.

Building a vr capable pc is outta my budget for now, so I stick to just quest games.

But hopefully I will get a pc, so I can play DCS world and MFS 202p.
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Leopantro: 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2022
JerkyChan:

Nice.

What's the specs of your PC.

Building a vr capable pc is outta my budget for now, so I stick to just quest games.

But hopefully I will get a pc, so I can play DCS world and MFS 202p.

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
Core i5
24 GB Ram

It's an old laptop but I got it for cheap strictly for PCVR games

I actually bought two Quest VR headset but gave out the black one as a gift

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by JerkyChan(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
Leopantro:

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
Core i5
24 GB Ram

It's an old laptop but I got it for cheap strictly for PCVR games

I actually bought two Quest VR headset but gave out the black one as a gift

Thats cool men �

I'm struggling with installing those games....that developer mode. I just dont gerrit.
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Leopantro: 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
JerkyChan:

Thats cool men �

I'm struggling with installing those games....that developer mode. I just dont gerrit.

Search "Oculus Quest Games" on nairaland or click on my profile to get to the thread. Click the link at the bottom and follow the instructions to get into Developer Mode

1 Like

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 12:02am On Dec 15, 2022
Interesting, I actually started flirting with the idea of getting the Meta Quest 2 as a Christmas gift for myself. Was a bit skeptical initially but seeing the videos, it’s something I have to try. I do have a VR capable rig at home. My issue now is the cost of these games especially with our exchange rates and Olympic hurdles to pay for stuff outside Nigeria. I think I’ll get that quest this week!!
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Leopantro: 9:07pm On Dec 15, 2022
seunpayne:
Interesting, I actually started flirting with the idea of getting the Meta Quest 2 as a Christmas gift for myself. Was a bit skeptical initially but seeing the videos, it’s something I have to try. I do have a VR capable rig at home. My issue now is the cost of these games especially with our exchange rates and Olympic hurdles to pay for stuff outside Nigeria. I think I’ll get that quest this week!!

Kindly check this thread to solve your problem.
If you need any assistance, let me know

https://www.nairaland.com/7388518/oculus-quest-games

1 Like

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Ohiri28: 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2022
I have a quest 2 and a whole lot of games like leopantro. Also do game installations too.
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by JerkyChan(m): 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2022
Ohiri28:
I have a quest 2 and a whole lot of games like leopantro. Also do game installations too.

Where is your location?
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Chuckdee(m): 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
VR is cool. I have the quest 2 and its much more of a gaming device for me. Try the exercise apps such as LES MILLS BODYCOMBAT
and see how cool it is.

But best of all, is watching 3D movies on it! Its mind blowing as you can watch 3d (or even regular 4k movies) in HUGE cinema size screens using the BIG SCREEN APP (which is fantastically free by the way)

You can travel virtually to anywhere in the world using WANDER app.

I play resident evil, Contractors, Eleven Table Tenis (soo cool) and beat saber ATM.

I have the BOBVR M2 pro battery pack headstrap which is a must for longer play times and more comfortable fitting. I also have the carrycase so I can easily take it about. See attached pics.
Omo I keep buying accessories for this stuff, my money don finish and the games ain't so cheap either but there is usually sales though.

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Ohiri28: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
I have a lot of games. I do game installations on quest 2. I'm at lekki phase 1. Zero nine zero six two six four one four eight three.
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Ohiri28: 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
I install games on quest 2.
Alvo (shooter)
A fisherman's tale
A township tale
A rogue escape
Accounting +
Second attack of squirrels
All in one sports
Angry birds vr
Apex construct
Anshar 2 hyperdrive (space shooter)
Baba yaga
Barbershop simulator
Bartender vr
BeatSaber with complete dlc
Blade and sorcery
Bonelab
Carve snowboarding
Cities vr
Contractors
Cookout vr
Cooking simulator
Cosmonius high
Creed rise to glory
Crisis brigade (shooter)
Cubism (puzzle)
Dance Central
Dead effect 2 (horror shooter)
Death horizon (horror shooter)
Deism (builder)
Doom3 quest 2 (horror shooter)
Eleven table tennis
First person tennis
Fruit Ninja
Ghost giant
Gladius
Green hell (adventure survival)
Half life vr
Hyperdash vr
Job simulator
Jurassic world aftermath
Little cities
Little witch academia
Lost recipes
Lucky's tale
Marvel's iron man
NFL pro era
Onward
Pistol whip
Real vr fishing
Red matter 2 (space exploration)
Resident evil 4
Riches plank experience
Shadow point
Sniper elite vr
Sports scramble
Starwars tales from the galaxy's edge(adventure)
Stride vr (pakour)
Super hot vr (shooter matrix)
Tentacular
The climb 2
The climb 1
The last clockwinder (adventure)
Thrill of the fight (boxing better than Creed)
The walking dead saints and sinners.
The walking dead saints and sinners retribution.
Untrawings 2 (flight)
Vacation simulator
Vader immortal episode 1 (adventure)
Vader immortal episode 2
Vader immortal episode 3
Ven vr (platformer like Lucky's tale)
Walkabout mini golf (golf)
Warhammer 40k (shooter)
Warplanes battle of the Pacific
Warplanes ww1 fighters (flight)
World of mechs (adventure)
Compound (shooter)
I expect you to die
Floor plan 2
Moss (adventure)
Zero Caliber (shooting)
Phantom corvet ops (shooter)
Espire 1
Espire 2 (shooter)
Drop dead (zombie

And then some.
Zero nine zero six two six four one four eight three.
Lekki phase 1
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by JerkyChan(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ohiri28:
I install games on quest 2.
Alvo (shooter)
A fisherman's tale
A township tale
A rogue escape
Accounting +
Second attack of squirrels
All in one sports
Angry birds vr
Apex construct
Anshar 2 hyperdrive (space shooter)
Baba yaga
Barbershop simulator
Bartender vr
BeatSaber with complete dlc
Blade and sorcery
Bonelab
Carve snowboarding
Cities vr
Contractors
Cookout vr
Cooking simulator
Cosmonius high
Creed rise to glory
Crisis brigade (shooter)
Cubism (puzzle)
Dance Central
Dead effect 2 (horror shooter)
Death horizon (horror shooter)
Deism (builder)
Doom3 quest 2 (horror shooter)
Eleven table tennis
First person tennis
Fruit Ninja
Ghost giant
Gladius
Green hell (adventure survival)
Half life vr
Hyperdash vr
Job simulator
Jurassic world aftermath
Little cities
Little witch academia
Lost recipes
Lucky's tale
Marvel's iron man
NFL pro era
Onward
Pistol whip
Real vr fishing
Red matter 2 (space exploration)
Resident evil 4
Riches plank experience
Shadow point
Sniper elite vr
Sports scramble
Starwars tales from the galaxy's edge(adventure)
Stride vr (pakour)
Super hot vr (shooter matrix)
Tentacular
The climb 2
The climb 1
The last clockwinder (adventure)
Thrill of the fight (boxing better than Creed)
The walking dead saints and sinners.
The walking dead saints and sinners retribution.
Untrawings 2 (flight)
Vacation simulator
Vader immortal episode 1 (adventure)
Vader immortal episode 2
Vader immortal episode 3
Ven vr (platformer like Lucky's tale)
Walkabout mini golf (golf)
Warhammer 40k (shooter)
Warplanes battle of the Pacific
Warplanes ww1 fighters (flight)
World of mechs (adventure)
Compound (shooter)
I expect you to die
Floor plan 2
Moss (adventure)
Zero Caliber (shooting)
Phantom corvet ops (shooter)
Espire 1
Espire 2 (shooter)
Drop dead (zombie

And then some.
Zero nine zero six two six four one four eight three.
Lekki phase 1

Do you charge to install the games?
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Leopantro: 9:13am On Dec 25, 2022
Since I'm free today I will be posting screenshots of the games I have played on my Quest VR with my personal experience. First up is

SwarmVR

Imagine being Spiderman while blasting drones chasing you all the time; you have got the idea of SwarmVR. You will constantly be swinging through the air while dodging and blasting drones and collecting crystals. It's very fast paced and if you are afraid of heights or have motion sickness, it will definitely cure it.

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Leopantro: 10:44am On Dec 25, 2022
Next is ULTRAWINGS

The only way I can describe it is Pilot Wings on the Nintendo 64 on VR. You work as a pilot performing jobs and getting paid to buy new planes and parts. Nice flying experience, good graphics, comfortable if you like flying

1 Like

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Leopantro: 1:55pm On Dec 25, 2022
WINDLAND

Beautiful floating islands you navigate with grappling hooks, you undertake an adventure where you glide through the skies. The colours are breathtaking and the storyline is interesting. I personally like this game. Can you spot the giant robot in the pictures?

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by megatran(m): 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
JerkyChan:
I am JerkyChan. I am sending this message to any surviving Nigerian VR Gamers taking refuge among the stars . We are here. And we are waiting.

Obviously, VR is not too mainstream in Nigeria yet, but Let's come together and form a play group as we enjoy the awesome VR gaming experience....like guys like JoshDub, Reekid etc on Youtube.

Let's make it happen.

I use a Quest 2.

Cc: megatran, crafteck
It's nice to see that many more Nigerians own and use the quest 2. I have tried YouTube for a while but I didn't get many audience so I just stopped. It's really fun having to explore on the quest, however it ruins the fun when friends don't find it interesting.

I recently had to go the pcvr route as I wanted to see how much graphics difference there is and there is a lot. I use quite a beefy laptop Nigerian wise.
Rtx 2070 max q, core I7, 16g ram. It's an alienware m15 for those curious.

1 Like

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by megatran(m): 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2023
By the way, I am stuck at verify page. I get an error message every time. Has anyone been able to enable developer mode?
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by megatran(m): 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2023
JerkyChan:

Good effort setting everything up. So how did it end up?

I'm thinking of starting a youtube channel showing the VR gameplays.
I did YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Leopantro: 12:30am On Jan 15, 2023
megatran:
By the way, I am stuck at verify page. I get an error message every time. Has anyone been able to enable developer mode?

Follow the instructions here to get into Developer mode

pastelink. net/2vfge1uv
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by megatran(m): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2023
Leopantro:

Follow the instructions here to get into Developer mode

pastelink. net/2vfge1uv

When I get to the verification stage it doesn't verify. I get an error message every time.

Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by Leopantro: 8:22pm On Jan 28, 2023
megatran:

When I get to the verification stage it doesn't verify. I get an error message every time.

My apologies but I'm no longer interested in selling my games.
Requests were low and I've been busy. Will create a better site for it much later.

I can give you one game for free, if you have jail broken your Quest. I believe I left a link for a free game there to try out but can give you a link for another one.
If I remember to check here.

Search for me where it matters
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by ZenoteVR: 4:30pm On May 25, 2023
Is anyone still on this VR forum? I am an avid gamer with a VR Rig! 12th Generation water cooled i7, RTX 3080Ti Graphics card, 32 GB ram, 2 TB HDD. Quest 2 PCVR/STEAMVR over Airlink and let’s not forget the HaritoraX1 full body tracking kit . Please reach out for a virtual meet up - keen to meet up with like minded people
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by JerkyChan(m): 5:19pm On May 25, 2023
ZenoteVR:
Is anyone still on this VR forum? I am an avid gamer with a VR Rig! 12th Generation water cooled i7, RTX 3080Ti Graphics card, 32 GB ram, 2 TB HDD. Quest 2 PCVR/STEAMVR over Airlink and let’s not forget the HaritoraX1 full body tracking kit . Please reach out for a virtual meet up - keen to meet up with like minded people

Jezzuz! Fucking beast.

Are you in Nigeria?
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by ZenoteVR: 9:38pm On May 25, 2023
Yeah, in Lagos
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by ZenoteVR: 11:42am On May 26, 2023
Anyone here play VRChat?
Re: Clarion Call To All VR Gamers In Nigeria by JerkyChan(m): 12:11am On May 29, 2023
ZenoteVR:
Anyone here play VRChat?

Yeah, I used to be on VRchat especially the black cat room.

My Quest 2 was stolen some months ago so I’m off grid for now till further notice.

If I ever get back to VR gaming again, I would love to play along with you....you know like joshdub, reekid etc.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best R4i 3ds Flashcart For Playing 3ds Games On Your 3ds Console / XBOX GAMERS !!-how To Subscribe For Xboxlive And Play Online Games From Nigeria / FIFA 17 - How To Score Free Kicks With Gareth Bale Or Christaino Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.