Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,180 members, 7,835,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About (1335 Views)

Pontiac Vibe,. Any Issues With The Car / Fuel Consumption For Honda Crv 2004 / Any Issues With Honda City 2010??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by kchris007(m): 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2022
Good afternoon guys,

I want to get a CRV 2004. Please are there any issues I should know about?

I would love your feedback in order to make a good decision
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by 2felix(m): 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2022
kchris007:
Good afternoon guys,

Ac problem
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by Dozieson(m): 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2022
kchris007:
Good afternoon guys,

K legs
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by dadabashua1(m): 7:30am On Dec 08, 2022
Dozieson:

K legs
2004 models? I don't think k leg affect 2004 model year sir,its the earlier generation,04 uses only D.W suspension system on the rear pls

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by dadabashua1(m): 7:36am On Dec 08, 2022
Dozieson:

K legs
now compare to the earlier model that experience K leg both front and rear uses D.W suspension system

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by dadabashua1(m): 7:37am On Dec 08, 2022
OP it's a very rugged car emphasis on VERY RUGGED and yes no worries about K leg issues,the model in question doesn't experienced it,click on the link and read from folks that has used it in the past and their experience.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nairaland.com/6556415/honda-crv-strong-reliable&ved=2ahUKEwiXqrX_tOn7AhVaaqQEHdzOBbEQFnoECBgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0B6nQoDipt_IkORy6xVWI7

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by Dozieson(m): 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2022
dadabashua1:
2004 models? I don't think k leg affect 2004 model year sir,its the earlier generation,04 uses only D.W suspension system on the rear pls

My neighbour have used 2005 and it had k legs
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by dadabashua1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
Dozieson:

My neighbour have used 2005 and it had k legs
2005 corolla has had K leg,should now tell someone that 05 corolla experience k leg? Bros 2004 crv doesn't experience the usual K leg,the one your neighbour had is the unusual one that can happen to ANY brand of car on Nigerian roads,CRV doesn't have the K-leg issues like accord simple and short, to shock you there is no brand of car I've not seen with K leg at one stage or the other,not quite long I saw 2009 Camry with K leg in Abuja sir. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by Dozieson(m): 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
dadabashua1:
2005 corolla has had K leg,should now tell someone that 05 corolla experience k leg? Bros 2004 crv doesn't experience the usual K leg,the one your neighbour had is the unusual one that can happen to ANY brand of car on Nigerian roads,CRV doesn't have the K-leg issues like accord simple and short, to shock you there is no brand of car I've not seen with K leg at one stage or the other,not quite long I saw 2009 Camry with K leg in Abuja sir. cheesy

This is not k leg. Means you don't understand the meaning of k leg? Not talking about pulled legs.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by dadabashua1(m): 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
Summary so long a car k leg issues is not something you see often on the roads like the old generation accord,pls don't say such a car has K leg issues.
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by dadabashua1(m): 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
Dozieson:

This is not k leg. Means you don't understand the meaning of k leg? Not talking about pulled legs.
really? grin
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by dadabashua1(m): 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
Dozieson:

pls correct me if I'm wrong what do Nigerians refer to as K leg? And yes I know what you will refer to,but let's the honest thats NOT what Nigerians means when they say K-leg,the tire pull is what they call K leg sir,and I'm sure the moment the OP read it if he will be honest with you,this right up there will be the first thing that comes to his mind. cheesy
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by TonySpike: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2022
Dozieson:

My guy, how far? No forget our slang 'Irre'.
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by dadabashua1(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
Dozieson:

not everyone is a car enthusiastic like you and me,alot of average or should I say people with little knowledge about cars referes to the leg pull as K leg,I've met them on a countless occasions sir cheesy just type honda k-leg issues on Google and see if I'm right or wrong..hehehehe

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by Dozieson(m): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2022
TonySpike:

My guy, how far? No forget our slang 'Irre'.

Please radio me guy. This irre is familiar
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by Dozieson(m): 7:32pm On Dec 08, 2022
dadabashua1:
not everyone is a car enthusiastic like you and me,alot of average or should I say people with little knowledge about cars referes to the leg pull as K leg,I've met them on a countless occasions sir cheesy just type honda k-leg issues on Google and see if I'm right or wrong..hehehehe

Lol o get you. But anyone looking to get a car should try and understand all related slangs
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by dadabashua1(m): 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2022
Dozieson:

Lol o get you. But anyone looking to get a car should try and understand all related slangs
Yes Sir. cheesy
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by calculation(m): 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2022
There is K-leg in all Honda CRV from 1st generation to the last generation. I am in charge of one and there is K-leg at the rear wheel called negative camber, but it was an easy fix( ask me if you want to know). See the attached pix for your understanding.

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by Conner44: 12:08am On Dec 09, 2022
calculation:
There is K-leg in all Honda CRV from 1st generation to the last generation. I am in charge of one and there is K-leg at the rear wheel called negative camber, but it was an easy fix( ask me if you want to know ). See the attached pix for your understanding.

What was the easy fix for your camber issue?

Op the 2004 crv is a nice, spacious and strong vehicle. Look out for rust make sure there is no check engine light on the instrument cluster.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by calculation(m): 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
Conner44:

What was the easy fix for your camber issue?

Op the 2004 crv is a nice, spacious and strong vehicle. Look out for rust make sure there is no check engine light on the instrument cluster.
It is done through modification of the arm
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by Conner44: 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2022
calculation:

It is done through modification of the arm

There are up to five different arms per wheel hub. Do you remember the exact one that was modified?

Take a close look at the picture below and pick its number out from there. I have a guess but want to be very sure.

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by calculation(m): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2022
Conner44:

There are up to five different arms per wheel hub. Do you remember the exact one that was modified?

Take a close look at the picture below and pick its number out from there. I have a guess but want to be very sure.
Image shown is for honda Accord 2003.
Are you seriously in need or you want drive at something ?
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by Conner44: 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2022
calculation:
Image shown is for honda Accord 2003.
Are you seriously in need or you want drive at something ?

I’m seriously in need and I thought their suspension setups are similar or aren’t they? If they aren’t please say so I can bring out the relevant diagram for you to point me in the right direction.

Or better still you can just point out the one I’m supposed to change in the diagram above to be able to rectify the camber issue for a 2003 accord wink
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by calculation(m): 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2022
Conner44:

I’m seriously in need and I thought their suspension setups are similar or aren’t they? If they aren’t please say so I can bring out the relevant diagram for you to point me in the right direction.

Or better still you can just point out the one I’m supposed to change in the diagram above to be able to rectify the camber issue for a 2003 accord wink
Alright sir, Pls which camber is your, though I'm assuming negative camber. Also clarify if it front or rear because your image is likely for front.
This is to enable me answer you sir.
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by Conner44: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
calculation:

Alright sir, Pls which camber is your, though I'm assuming negative camber. Also clarify if it front or rear because your image is likely for front.
This is to enable me answer you sir.

That diagram is for the rear driver wheel well. Could you try to juxtapose it with the crv version and see if you can recognize the exact one you must have changed?

I’m having a slight negative camber at that side on my vehicle and I don’t want to go and start changing everything out since there’s no noise coming from there at the moment.
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by calculation(m): 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2022
Conner44:

That diagram is for the rear driver wheel well. Could you try to juxtapose it with the crv version and see if you can recognize the exact one you must have changed?

I’m having a slight negative camber at that side on my vehicle and I don’t want to go and start changing everything out since there’s no noise coming from there at the moment.
Those two part ( label 19 and arm below 30) will fix your negative camber. It is either you modify them to adjustable or extend manually to the require length that give zero camber.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by Conner44: 12:30am On Dec 10, 2022
calculation:

Those two part ( label 19 and arm below 30) will fix your negative camber. It is either you modify them to adjustable or extend manually to the require length that give zero camber.

Thank you very much.
Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by ojesymsym: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2022
Whose job is this? Wheel alignment people or mechanics?
calculation:

Re: I Want To Buy CRV 2004, Are There Any Issues I Should Know About by calculation(m): 11:50am On Dec 10, 2022
ojesymsym:
Whose job is this? Wheel alignment people or mechanics?
It depend on your ability to spend on DIY, because not all people know how to do it.
First option is buy already made adjustable arm or fabricate, then install before you carry out your adjustment to achieve zero camber. See the attached pix
Second option is less expense but mechanic will do most of the job to ensure zero camber, while you will confirm it okay.

(1) (Reply)

Signs It’s Time To Change A Timing Belt / What Is Wrong With This Car? / Pls Advice Needed: Best Wagon For Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.