Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day (80213 Views)

CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly / CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 / CBN Drops Interest Rates By 50bps To 13.50% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Princess80(f): 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
yemmit90:

People will simply keep alot of cash at home, and there would be too much money in circulation. The policy doesn't make any sense to be honest.

200 or less denominations is more than ok to discourage heavy withdrawal. If I want to withdraw anything above 10k, I rarely patronize #500 ATM, let alone 200 or less.
The central bank wont be producing so many cash.
If you hoard the notes, then paper currency will not be there for people to access as you people already have limited notes.
If you bring it out, others will hoard it which will in turn make everyone go cashless.

Thats what i believe though
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Onebigman(m): 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
I dun tire for all this banks wahala,before if you transfer 1k to person,na that 1k the person go receive but now if you send 1k ,na like #96.. d person go see,,,shey Dem want mk we de collect charges from client nii

5 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Tezzi(m): 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
Obinnau:
I I don't don think emefiele will go anytime soon can't wait for this tenure to end so that Emefiele will go. This man has killed our economy with armchair economics.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Aboguede(m): 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
Way4orward:
Pos agents don blow be dat

Broda, biko elaborate. I own 1 and I wan know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by wolebest: 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2022
What is going on?

CBN is courting trouble.

They don't have the infrastructure to bank the unbanked and planning to limit withdrawals to 20 thousand Naira daily

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Omoapena(m): 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
Paxxcarl:
Pos might be going out of business
Cashless policy

Nope.
This is best time for their business...

They will have access for more cash through withdrawal form and people that needs more than 20k cash will have to goto POS to get the cash cuz ATM won't dispense it, so more money for POS investors...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by observanc1: 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
Sweetnesstwins:
Haba na...this is festive season
effect from Jan 9, 2023. wount affect the festive season

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by yemi1504: 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
This is bad

More than bad! Infact, worst!
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by macaranta(m): 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2022
This will stifle economic growth. Imagine the countless man hours that will be lost trying to say for instance pay artisans at a work site.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Akinsete19(m): 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
DJInfluence:
monkey, snakes and even rat go chop the money grin
Lai Lai
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by angelfallz(m): 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
Lol. The job of the CBN is not about building the economy or destroying the economy, that is the job of the government.
Obinnau:
I can't wait for this tenure to end so that Emefiele will go. This man has killed our economy with armchair economics.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Googledotcom: 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2022
linearity:

But you can do a transfer from you phone.

Let’s look at the big picture, there is no policy implemented that will satisfy everyone in the Country.

This one will help sap lucrativeness out of kidnapping because the only means of them receiving their high demands will be through a transfer which can be traced later.

This policy is good, especially in Nigeria and will help fight corruption, yes there will be little inconveniences as you indicated, but look at the bright side…….you now have one more reason to give to your dates why you can’t spend BIG on your date nights!
Wow, thanks for this, it will greatly reduce insecurity in the country.

Firstly people won't be able to move large cash about and kidnappers would find it really tough to get huge monies as ransom.

Kidnapped victims would be given a long period to pay up due to the withdrawal limit and this will notify the security personnel that something fishy is going on.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Rubbiish(m): 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2022
obi58:

POS guys will have to think out of the box.... For example if I want to withdraw 100k from POS instead of using ATM card I will transfer to the POS person who will include charge. However the challenge they will have is sourcing for cash with the new bank withdrawal charges I suspect POS charges per withdrawal will have to increase.

The real difficulty lies in going to the market. If you want to pay a market woman who is not enlightened above 20k how you go fit do am?
@bold they will embrace transfer
A lot of these market vendors are already embracing transfer.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by tollyboy5(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Now, how will POS guys survive? This is not fair to the common man
How does it affect pos business?
You know how many times I do transfer and collect cash lol

1 Like

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Juanmike(m): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2022
Mrfksb1:
How about old people? I live in LA how will my aged parents withdraw when I send cash to them? Please I need some answers

What kinda of shithole country is this for God sake making people suffering unnecessary

I really pity those living in Nigeria
Send through Udela
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Iqtest: 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2022
Mrfksb1:
you know nothing. You can withdraw even more than $10k a day. Do you know how much is $10k to naira
Stop lying no bank in america give you $10k without federal requirement.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by rainlover(m): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2022
Whois:
Instead of new bank account, simply request for atm from Carbon, fairmoney, opay etc.

The same limit still applies.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by yemmit90: 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
Princess80:
The central bank wont be producing so many cash.
If you hoard the notes, then paper currency will not be there for people to access as you people already have limited notes.
If you bring it out, others will hoard it which will in turn make everyone go cashless.

Thats what i believe though

Will they instruct banks to stop loading ATM?

Will they forcefully denied people their money in banks after setting a daily limit backed by law?

There is no way they won't produce cash except if they are telling Nigerians that commercial banks will no longer functions.

Nigeria is not yet ripe for full scale Cashless policy. It should be gradual process starting from excessive charges on cash payment and withdrawal, lowest denominations on ATMs, time limit on Naira notes, etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by AngelicBeing: 5:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
@ sukkot, what sayest Thou shocked
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by yemi1504: 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2022
yemmit90:

They will not as far as it does not affect electronic fransfer.

The implication of this policy is that, there would be too much money in circulation as people won't take their cash to the banks anymore. They would rather keep cash at home having known that they may unable to withdraw a certain amount if there is need for it. POS guys too will keep alot of cash instead of taking them to bank.

#200 or less denominations at ATM is more than enough to discourage heavy withdrawal. The policy will do more harm than good.

You can say that again about doing more harm than good as a lot of people will be keeping money in their houses which attracts armed robbers unfortunately SMH. This policy will soon have a somersault as their useless bad policies they keep churning out from time to time (see NIN).
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Googledotcom: 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2022
AutoRedux:
Withdraw from different bank accounts. I have up to 5 accounts from different banks so I can easily withdraw 20k up to 5 times.
have you forgotten all your five bank accounts have same BVN ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Aboguede(m): 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2022
Kayyus09:
POS business will be more profitable

All of una just dey talk grin

Explain na shocked
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by DenreleDave(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
i can help
Mrfksb1:
How about old people? I live in LA how will my aged parents withdraw when I send cash to them? Please I need some answers

What kinda of shithole country is this for God sake making people suffering unnecessary

I really pity those living in Nigeria
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2022
jibrilELsudan:
HOW ASHAWOS GO CUM DO NOW
You will do app transfer give Ashowo and wait for her to confirm your transfer before she will let you go
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by yemi1504: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
Kayyus09:
POS business will be more profitable

More withdrawals for the same amount unlike before (especially those over 20k). Downside is they will now be targeted by armed robbers due to the amount of 200 naira notes they will be carrying around. Only way round this for POS guys is to withdraw 1000 naira notes over the counter! If not, e no go make sense o!

1 Like

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Iqtest: 5:54pm On Dec 06, 2022
sonature1:

You live in America, but you cannot enlighten your aged parents to embrace technology. It's entirely your fault.

You want Nigeria to remain backwards so you can insult the country at will. Sorry, it won't work.

Just the way old people moved from cowries to paper money, they will have to embrace technology as well. It's no longer optional - it's a necessity. tongue
He is obviously lying or new in the US, no bank gives you $10k cash in the us without federal requirement
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by nairamaniac: 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2022
SmartyPants:

It won't affect them much.

The vast majority of POS transactions are under 10k.

Did you read and understand number 5 at all?

5. The maximum cash withdrawal via point of sale (PoS) terminal shall be N20.000 daily.

Meaning the TOTAL MAXIMUM WITHDRAWAL VIA POS would be 20k daily.

Not 10k per person as you seem to have misunderstood.
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by nedu666: 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2022
So wat happens if want to buy goods in the market more than 20k. Will Aboki selling cows agree to transfer. Will trucks selling baskets of tomato and fruits agree to transfer. Wat if u want to buy cow 500k. U transfer and cow seller no see transfer yet money hve leave ur account. Wat happens....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by yemi1504: 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2022
Biafraaa:
Seems like here is where Opay will come in.
Or did they include Opay in this new madness policy?

Opay is a payment service bank (PSB) so Yes. No way to circumvent this policy. Except the POS guys can be creative by withdrawing 1000 naira notes over the counter through bribing the cashiers in the bank and agreeing with customers for over 20k withdrawals over more than 1 day for the same POS withdrawal fees like before. That is the only way out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by Abdullateef33: 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2022
Paxxcarl:
Pos might be going out of business
Cashless policy
How
Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by blackmantis: 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Now, how will POS guys survive? This is not fair to the common man

Pos operators will soon run out of business. Everyone will now carry a POS to collect money from taxi drivers to pepper sellers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day by emmydee(m): 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2022
Still too high.

2k is enough.
Let us embrace this cashless policy.
CBN steals our money in the guise of printing new notes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) / SKILLS ACQUISITION SEMINAR/TRAINING / Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.