Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Tinubu In Chatham House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu In Chatham House (224 Views)

Moment Peter Obi Identified Japan Map While Talking About Them In Chatham House / Workers Who Paused Work To Watch Peter Obi Speak In Chatham (Pictures) / Photos Of Alake & El-Rufai Answering Questions For Tinubu At The Chatham House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu In Chatham House by Nazgul: 8:42am On Dec 07, 2022
I watched with disdain how Tinubu and his handlers ridiculed the intelligence of over 200 million Nigerians in Chatham House.

I wish to use this thread point out a few things about that disastrous outing of the APC presidential candidate. You will appreciate why I called it a disastrous outing.

First, when Tinubu was asked questions about his age, he read the answer from a paper which someone surreptitiously passed to him. It was not hidden that someone had passed a paper to him. And he reads from this paper unashamedly. So my first thought was like; "does it mean you can't even answer questions on your age without expo"? Has his dementia gotten to this level?

Secondly, Tinubu played a fast game by assigning questions asked to him to be answered by his cronies. That's disgraceful, pathetic and a show of shame. The idea that they are his team stinks to the ear. Who does that?

By Section 5 of our constitution, a president can delegate some functions to his ministers and proxies. The first question is; "was Tinubu there at Chatham house as the president of Nigeria"? Again, is it permitted for a student writing exams to delegate answering the questions posed to him by his examiners and justify it that the lecturer used to delegate answering questions in class to other students.

For God's sake and for clarity of history, Tinubu is an aspiring candidate and he has no right whatsoever to delegate answering questions posed to him to others. It's more shameful because the questions were asked on highly critical areas of his person and aspirations. How can you delegate answering questions on security and economy; are we going to hold Ben Ayade and El Rufai responsible for what happens in those areas if you are elected? If issues arise in those areas, are we going to seek explanations from those people? Even Buhari will not demonstrate this level of incompetence. It's damningly appalling.

Thirdly, Tinubu directly or indirectly insulted all the media houses in Nigeria by saying that the reason he doesn't attend live debates and interviews in Nigeria is because the media houses want to use him to make money because he is a marketable product.

What an insult!

Who wants to use him to make money? That means he considers the media houses in Nigeria as hungry institutions. He must be daft to have said that. Is he more marketable than Peter Obi and Atiku? That means he considers AriseTV, Channels and NTA as hungry institutions who only want to make money from him?

Finally, he and his "team" were seen dancing and partying, maybe thinking they have done marvelously well. It's so disheartening that these cronies who surround him won't tell him the honest truth that he had just succeeded in dragging Nigeria to the mud.

Nigerians I implore you to be very careful when electing your next president, cos if you choose wrongly you would suffer the consequences of your decision whilst they galavant across the globe lavishing your common wealth on their cronies and family. Our country hasn't fully recovered from Buhari's government you want to elect someone worse than him?

Please shun tribalism and religious differences and make a decision that would be in the best interest of this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu In Chatham House by kattie(f): 11:01am On Dec 07, 2022
Only a full would vote tinubu, wit everything apc has done to Nigerians.
Re: Tinubu In Chatham House by FalseProphet1(m): 8:39am On Dec 08, 2022
I see Tinubu's supporters abandoning him by January, I see Peter Obi sweeping all the votes in the south, I see Peter Obi winning next year's election.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu In Chatham House by kponkedenge(m): 8:51am On Dec 08, 2022
Nazgul:
I watched with disdain how Tinubu and his handlers ridiculed the intelligence of over 200 million Nigerians in Chatham House.

I wish to use this thread point out a few things about that disastrous outing of the APC presidential candidate. You will appreciate why I called it a disastrous outing.

First, when Tinubu was asked questions about his age, he read the answer from a paper which someone surreptitiously passed to him. It was not hidden that someone had passed a paper to him. And he reads from this paper unashamedly. So my first thought was like; "does it mean you can't even answer questions on your age without expo"? Has his dementia gotten to this level?

Secondly, Tinubu played a fast game by assigning questions asked to him to be answered by his cronies. That's disgraceful, pathetic and a show of shame. The idea that they are his team stinks to the ear. Who does that?

By Section 5 of our constitution, a president can delegate some functions to his ministers and proxies. The first question is; "was Tinubu there at Chatham house as the president of Nigeria"? Again, is it permitted for a student writing exams to delegate answering the questions posed to him by his examiners and justify it that the lecturer used to delegate answering questions in class to other students.

For God's sake and for clarity of history, Tinubu is an aspiring candidate and he has no right whatsoever to delegate answering questions posed to him to others. It's more shameful because the questions were asked on highly critical areas of his person and aspirations. How can you delegate answering questions on security and economy; are we going to hold Ben Ayade and El Rufai responsible for what happens in those areas if you are elected? If issues arise in those areas, are we going to seek explanations from those people? Even Buhari will not demonstrate this level of incompetence. It's damningly appalling.

Thirdly, Tinubu directly or indirectly insulted all the media houses in Nigeria by saying that the reason he doesn't attend live debates and interviews in Nigeria is because the media houses want to use him to make money because he is a marketable product.

What an insult!

Who wants to use him to make money? That means he considers the media houses in Nigeria as hungry institutions. He must be daft to have said that. Is he more marketable than Peter Obi and Atiku? That means he considers AriseTV, Channels and NTA as hungry institutions who only want to make money from him?

Finally, he and his "team" were seen dancing and partying, maybe thinking they have done marvelously well. It's so disheartening that these cronies who surround him won't tell him the honest truth that he had just succeeded in dragging Nigeria to the mud.

Nigerians I implore you to be very careful when electing your next president, cos if you choose wrongly you would suffer the consequences of your decision whilst they galavant across the globe lavishing your common wealth on their cronies and family. Our country hasn't fully recovered from Buhari's government you want to elect someone worse than him?

Please shun tribalism and religious differences and make a decision that would be in the best interest of this country.
If Nigeria was a country with sane individuals, Tinubu shouldn't even be cleared to participate in the primaries let alone contest for president. Tinubu's presidential ambition is a fact that the decision makers of this country along with their supporters should all be in psychiatric home.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Campaign Rally At Osun State / Where Did We Go Wrong? / See Shiloh Crowd Shouts Uncontrollable As They Give Peter Obi Standing Ovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.