Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues (3841 Views)

Ekiti State Government Constitutes Task Force On Fuel Scarcity / Ekiti Government Constitutes Transition Committee, Advisory Council / Enugu State Government Constitutes Panel On Recent Oruku Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by AngelGabbyShara(m): 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
*Ekiti Gov constitutes committee to resolve gratuity issues*

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji has set up a five man committee to look into the raging issue of outstanding of gratuities to pensioners in the state.

The Governor, while setting up the committee in his office on during a meeting with executives of the Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP) on Tuesday, urged pensioners in the state to have trust in the structure being put in place to look at their welfare and believe in the good intention of government to ensure that all gratuities were paid within a short time.

Members of the committee included the Commissioner for Finance and Economic Planning, Mr Akintunde Oyebode; Head of Service, Barr. Bamidele Agbede; Special Adviser on Investment, Trade and Industry, Mrs Tayo Adeola; Special Adviser, Budget, Economic Planning and Performance Management, Mr Niyi Adebayo; Executive Secretary of Ekiti State PITAD, Mr Francis Omotoso.

“The committee will meet with NUP to crack this gratuity nut and I believe strongly that we should be able to have a solution before the end of the year so by January next year, we start to implement the resolution of that committee.”

The Governor added that the committee would have the opportunity to review all issues associated with payment of gratuity and solve the problem permanently.

While restating the commitment of his government to balance merit with wellbeing of citizens, Oyebanji affirmed that consideration would be given to payment of arrears of deductions very soon.

“I am mindful of my promises to you and by the special grace of God, all those things I promised you, I will fulfil them. The hard nut of gratuity, we will crack it. How we are going to do it God will teach us, but I’m aware that I made a promise to you when I came to you that government will set up a team that will sit down with you to discuss this and the time is now.

“I share in your pains, I share your concerns, I’m not happy with what is happening to you and I know that we can turn things around, if we want to do that we have to sit down and crack it ourselves. We have to look at options and possibilities of what is there and we have to have trust in each other, we had a discussion and we came up with some options and I found them to be something that we should try.

“I’m going to plead on something, Trust government intention, I will not do something that will hurt you, I’m not going to play politics with you. I know that mistake has been made in the past and I apologize. Government may be well intentioned but there may be communication gaps, believe that we have learnt from our mistakes. I am pleading with you to have confidence in the structure that we are going to put in place. He said.

Earlier, the Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Pensioners in Ekiti, Mr Joel Akinola had commended the Governor for prompt payment of pension since he assumed office in October.

The Chairman made a case for the unpaid arrears of gratuity to both state and local government Pensioners.

He called for a special law that will make pensioners have easy access to health facilities because of their age.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02s4QrbkrYBMZNLhm74B14Kmskov6fPaLdbRMGW2QgmbueWe6rTeygDtz8umVA74fol&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz

Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by Victorclean1: 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2022
G
Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by Byespn(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2022
Nice

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by awosejo1955: 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2022
Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 07, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by uraekiti: 9:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
Nice

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by gracealonev: 9:31pm On Dec 07, 2022
They never set up committees to look into the welfare of politicians. Anything they want to prolong in Nigeria, they set up a committee for it.
Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by Paulnsogbuwa: 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
Politics and their wahala. I tire
Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by Britishpea: 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2022
Why setting up a committee to look into gratuity issues. Don’t the people who are qualified for gratuities have records?

Nigeria and time and resources wasting. This committee will need mobilization. It will take months before the results re ready.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by youngbabaj(m): 11:04pm On Dec 07, 2022
South east

How far
Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by Bluntemperor: 5:33am On Dec 08, 2022
Britishpea:
Why setting up a committee to look into gratuity issues. Don’t the people who are qualified for gratuities have records?

Nigeria and time and resources wasting. This committee will need mobilization. It will take months before the results re ready.

Please,ask them o!
Are there no Records in the State Govt-of the Numbers Of Workers working or why is it difficult to know those who are retiring and those who should be enjoying retirement benefits like Pension and Gratuities!
When those Workers were in the Office there, don't they have Office-Files, where they signed, Family history- Name,Next of Kin, Weekly or Monthly track Records?
How do you identify your Workers or are they Fake Workers, Emergency and Politically Exposed Workers- that Politicians are imposing on the States to steal the Country Resources!
Most States are just running the place like a Kitchen Affairs - you take the numbers you want,then another person comes and add or subtract and the Corruption continued.
These are someone's life, someone husband and wife - they have - Families o!
Some States will not released Pension and Gratuities for 2 years,3- years and some up to 4-7 years,after Retiring from Office, in this Country!
The Records have disabled with the Governor, Permanent Secretaries,etc!
So many things in Nigeria have been compromised.
Our Policans have no shame and fear of God at all!
Very Disguising!
Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by BossGerald: 7:49am On Dec 08, 2022
youngbabaj:
South east

How far

So dem dey owe for that sadwest side?? Who knows how many decades owe pension?

Your mothers have not been paid gratuity fir the past 20yrs but southeast is your problem...shame on you
Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by rabiluhauwa: 7:56am On Dec 08, 2022
Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by BabaAgba79(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2022
AngelGabbyShara:
*Ekiti Gov constitutes committee to resolve gratuity issues*

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02s4QrbkrYBMZNLhm74B14Kmskov6fPaLdbRMGW2QgmbueWe6rTeygDtz8umVA74fol&id=100069437032705&mibextid=Nif5oz

Your Excellency, I urge you to embrace the Contributory Pension Scheme so that your pension liabilities can become a thing of the past. First thing Asiwaju embraced while he was the governor of Lagos State. Up till now, Lagos is the only state not owing pensioners because they shifted pension liabilities to PFAs.
Re: Ekiti Government Constitutes Committee To Resolve Gratuity Issues by AloneTK: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2022
Will these people ever get it right?

I do not understand why a committee must be constituted before Senior citizens get what is rightfully theirs.

They do this often, but nobody hears of such when Former Governors, Speakers and all their deputies go home with huge retirement packages for serving four to eight years.

The main career officers who served all their life would then have to beg before they claim their entitlements.

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Falls Off The Stage As The Stage Collapsed Below His Feet(video) / Oil Theft: Presidential Panel Calls For Stiffer Penalties For Crude Oil Thieves / Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.