Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,231 members, 7,849,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:28 AM

Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US (1759 Views)

Yemi Mobolade Elected As First Black Mayor In US Municipal Government (Photo) / 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US / Kentucky Elects Dog Wilbur As Mayor In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by umarmaidawa: 12:05am On Dec 08, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CNHgj8YW3c

Black excellence.

He is barely out of high school, living with his parents and
he’s already made history.

Jaylen Smith has been elected the mayor of Earle, Arkansas, becoming the youngest Black mayor in the United States.

Reacting to his major win, Smith said,

“Citizens of Earle, Arkansas, it’s official. I would like to thank all my supporters for stepping up getting people to the polls. I am truly grateful for you all.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/18-yr-old-jaylen-smith-becomes-youngest-black-mayor-in-us/

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by rabiluhauwa: 12:06am On Dec 08, 2022
While in Nigeria our youths are running after Atiku and Tinubu that teamed up to chase Goodluck Jonathan out of office and give us Buhari, Oh God why am I part of Nigeria?

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by nzejulia46: 12:07am On Dec 08, 2022
Let’s reminisce what we’re you doing when you were 18 in a country like Nigeria ?

Especially under PDAPC regime

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by alhajimansurgs: 12:08am On Dec 08, 2022
In my beloved country, an ancestor wants to become the president. No be juju be that?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by abdurrahmankas: 12:09am On Dec 08, 2022
Wow! What an achievement and blessing! May God grant you the wisdom and guidance you need to perform your duties to the best of your ability.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by etrouble: 12:17am On Dec 08, 2022
rabiluhauwa:
While in Nigeria our youths are running after Atiku and Tinubu that teamed up to chase Goodluck Jonathan out of office and give us Buhari, Oh God why am I part of Nigeria?

US current and immediate Presidents are older than Tinubu and Atikulation. Current US President is even more sick than Tinubu. Not everyone is an idiot like you and Goatluck Jonnaddaft

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by chinedukenneth9: 12:27am On Dec 08, 2022
The country who knows that the youths are the leaders of tomorrow not in nigeria where our grandfather's don't want their children to grow up

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by akpenlegedu: 12:29am On Dec 08, 2022
The person way I dey blame for all these nonsense na the person way carry the light go keep for the end of the tunnel, how we go take see road reach there. Wetin happen to the beginning..?�

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Holybaddo: 12:36am On Dec 08, 2022
grin grin Congratulations

I hope our Old leaders that refuses to retire sees this
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Willy7(m): 12:44am On Dec 08, 2022
etrouble:

US current and immediate Presidents are older than Tinubu and Atikulation. Current US President is even more sick than Tinubu. Not everyone is an idiot like you and Goatluck Jonnaddaft
And you think you just made sense now abi? How can a reasonable person compare Biden to Tinubu, or America and Nigeria? America is a country with strong institutions that can accommodate even a President on wheelchair. Nigeria on the other hand is a sick and complex country that doesn't need a sick, old, relics like Tinubu. Buhari is enough experiment and testament to that effect. You people should stop comparing Tinubu that doesn't know anything to educated and well established Politician like Joe Biden. They are not on the same league. Joe Biden did his campaigns, answered every question thrown at him during US elections. Till date he is still giving press briefings and answering questions, not doing group assignment like we saw at Chatham house on Monday. I know why I took this time to educate you on this, I don't want you to be exposing your ignorance again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Bluntguy: 1:43am On Dec 08, 2022
This is one of the reasons the youth of Nigeria are insisting on Peter Obi becoming our president. We don't want to be bulabluing
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Arda1000(m): 2:12am On Dec 08, 2022
etrouble:

an unrepentant Buharist and Apc urchin spotted
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Icarus99(f): 2:36am On Dec 08, 2022
Black power
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Mercury12(m): 5:39am On Dec 08, 2022
Nice one..

I initially thought it was that confused LGBT pink boy son of Will Smith.
I knew there's no way that could be possible
when his Simp of a dad failed to gave the boy proper training. A kid with bright future now turn druggie and to make it worse a Gay. undecided Tueeh

AndroidAI:

Look at this brick layer. That boy can comfortably feed you and your entire generation singlehandedly. No go hustle and watch hunger deal with you.

Y'all take a look at this deluded anus smelly homo quoting me everywhere like an headless chicken...
If I'm a brink layer like you said then I'm happy it pays my bills and take care of my family as live a comfortable life without having to beg or give my anus to another man to drill for hours just to pay for my next meal like you do. undecided

Cheap d*rty and confuse set of gay abominable.
May Oluomo rock fall on ur useless manhood

1 Like

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by BOLATINUBU01: 5:50am On Dec 08, 2022
And they call this people racist
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by BOLATINUBU01: 5:51am On Dec 08, 2022
rabiluhauwa:
and obituary
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Moh247: 6:24am On Dec 08, 2022
Why are some people with inferiority complex always looking down on their country like cursed slaves

In Oyo State we have a 30 years old Speaker of the state house of Assembly, 25 years old State Honourable, many counsellors of wards are within the age of 30,

Biden, and Trump are in their 70s so is Buhari and Buhari

Clinton and Obama where in their 50s so were Yaradua and Jonathan

Yakubu Gowon ruled in his 30s
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by TheChameleon: 6:30am On Dec 08, 2022
You guys aren't intelligent at all.

You just said it clearly at the beginning of your post that Nigeria and USA shouldn't be compared....

Yet you spent most of your incoherent, barely comprehensible post comparing.

Willy7:
And you think you just made sense now abi? How can a reasonable person compare Biden to Tinubu, or America and Nigeria? America is a country with strong institutions that can accommodate even a President on wheelchair. Nigeria on the other hand is a sick and complex country that doesn't need a sick, old, relics like Tinubu. Buhari is enough experiment and testament to that effect. You people should stop comparing Tinubu that doesn't know anything to educated and well established Politician like Joe Biden. They are not on the same league. Joe Biden did his campaigns, answered every question thrown at him during US elections. Till date he is still giving press briefings and answering questions, not doing group assignment like we saw at Chatham house on Monday. I know why I took this time to educate you on this, I don't want you to be exposing your ignorance again.
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by TheChameleon: 6:31am On Dec 08, 2022
rabiluhauwa:

Even in the US, some understand that an 18 year old as a Mayor might not be the best decision.

It's a "Woke" move....

Leave your inferiority complex for once.

Noticed you singled out Tinubu and Atiku. Is your 60 year old 3rd Class Dullard a youth ? grin

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Hotice085: 7:02am On Dec 08, 2022
Where all these POOtin 4k boys, plz we need some geopoliticus enlightenment
Can this happen in Russia China or North Korea where there leaders wanna DIE in power?

Professor of nonsense Goddson and co, let's discuss
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by techWriter1: 7:11am On Dec 08, 2022
In my beloved region, an forefather wants to become the president
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by AndroidAI(m): 7:16am On Dec 08, 2022
Mercury12:
Nice one..

I initially thought it was that confused LGBT pink boy son of Will Smith.
I knew there's no way that could be possible
when his Simp of a dad failed to gave the boy proper training. A kid with bright future now turn druggie and to make it worse a Gay. undecided Tueeh

Look at this brick layer. That boy can comfortably feed you and your entire generation singlehandedly. No go hustle and watch hunger deal with you.

1 Like

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Chee59(f): 7:17am On Dec 08, 2022
In Nigeria, he'd be shouting "on your mandate we stand."
A better nation will present better opportunities for anyone to get into anywhere without knowing anybody. Just as it was in Nigeria right up to the 80s.
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by BeanX(m): 7:42am On Dec 08, 2022
America is the only place where kids can achieve their dreams, where children can be the leaders of tomorrow, unlike in Africa that our grandpas wants to be the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Johnnyessence(m): 8:12am On Dec 08, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by jeromestarks: 8:16am On Dec 08, 2022
Only a virgin woman can give birth to such a boy with bright future because the pvssy he passed through has glory all over it unlike the pvssies of some girls who have been fvcked by many men there by losing all the good lucks in it and placing curses on any child that is unfortunate enough to pass through it.

Never start a family with a girl you did not disvirgin, she's a curse to her children; born and unborn.
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 08, 2022
in a country that works,too bad nigeria's system is full of youths ready to emulate the sins of the fathers,our situation is that of a hydra monster.
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Willy7(m): 9:55am On Dec 08, 2022
TheChameleon:
You guys aren't intelligent at all.

You just said it clearly at the beginning of your post that Nigeria and USA shouldn't be compared....

Yet you spent most of your incoherent, barely comprehensible post comparing.

No wonder it is said that most Tinubu supporters are daft and dense. What are you up about? Intelligent mugu, so your warped brain didn't make you see the moniker I mentioned and why some things had to be made clear to him. You just jumped into a discussion you have no comprehension about because you heard your ancestor's name.
Have you seen Adam Garba's poll recently? People choosed to die than vote or see your ancestor win. Tinubu is unmarketable. Nigeria can afford another disaster. So quote all you want.
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by Willy7(m): 10:02am On Dec 08, 2022
AndroidAI:

that's the problem with most of you wannabes. So money is more important than morals? Why do poor and wretched people like you always see things from such warp prism? Why are you feeling less than a human being because of money and fame? Was the person you quoted wrong on his assertion about Will Smith's son? Do you know Jaylen Smith before now? So because he has money, the decadence he has turned himself into should be accepted? Na wa for una o

1 Like

Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by TheChameleon: 10:05am On Dec 08, 2022
Willy7:

Willy7 to his useless homosexual father
No wonder it is said that most Tinubu supporters are daft and dense. What are you up about? Intelligent mugu, so your warped brain didn't make you see the moniker I mentioned and why some things had to be made clear to him. You just jumped into a discussion you have no comprehension about because you heard your ancestor's name.
Have you seen Adam Garba's poll recently? People choosed to die than vote or see your ancestor win. Tinubu is unmarketable. Nigeria can afford another disaster. So quote all you want.
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by AndroidAI(m): 10:09am On Dec 08, 2022
Willy7:
that's the problem with most of you wannabes. So money is more important than morals? Why do poor and wretched people like you always see things from such warp prism? Why are you feeling less than a human being because of money and fame? Was the person you quoted wrong on his assertion about Will Smith's son? Do you know Jaylen Smith before now? So because he has money, the decadence he has turned himself into should be accepted? Na wa for una o

You must be very dumb if you think morality is objective. What do you even know about morals? What has someone's sexuality have to do with morals, when they have zero control over who they are romantically or sexually attracted to? As long as they are harming no one, and there is consent between both individuals, you have no business telling them that their sexuality is immoral. It is not about money, but respecting people's differences. If you still don't understand, it proves my assertion that you are dumb.
Re: Big History Made As 18-yr-old Jaylen Smith Becomes Youngest Black Mayor In US by panafrican(m): 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2022
This News does not add anything to Africa.
Normal ( epiphenomenal ) things are " Big History Made " in some countries .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake Jews Celebrating Molech In Chicago Circa 1933 / Extract From Speech Of Former South African President P.w. Botha To His Cabinet / South Africans Are Backward – Zambian Vice-president

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.