Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends (12851 Views)

Okorocha "Attacked" By Biafran Supporter At Chatham House In London. PICS / Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] / Bauchi Presidential Rally Was Attacked By PDP Supporters - Yuguda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by NegroNtns(m): 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
Beaf,

We are poisoned.
We are always looking for outlets to spit venom. We are not conscious of it because the spirit is affected. Its an involuntary reaction to tragedy, we find glee in other people's tragedy.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by roy4real(m): 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
Infact, GEJ should resign let me take over & lock up those bastards called boko-haram. I'll begin with those ones hiding in the senate. N/ Landers pls pray 4 me.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by EgbeNak: 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2011
For the nincompoops thinking GEJ is afraid of arresting those behind these bombings, what evidence have you or can you provide as to who is financing this atrocities.

Reading some of the vile post here one would think GEJ is the one behind the bombs.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by EgbeNak: 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2011
roy4real:

Infact, GEJ should resign let me take over & lock up those bastards called boko-haram. I'll begin with those ones hiding in the senate. N/ Landers pls pray 4 me.

If you know these boko haram people, why the fugg have you not given their names and addresses to the Police?

N/ Landers pls pray 4 me.
I didn't see the above before I started replying, am sorry. I'd be praying for you today, my friend you need it.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by TEEZERO(m): 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2011
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2011
peleson:

BOKO HARAM BOKO HARAM!!!!IF ONE SHOULD STUDY D SITUATION, HE/SHE LL REALIZE DAT THE PROBLEM OF DS COUNTRY SIMS ONE SIDED, D REGION OF THE COUNTRY DAT PUBLICLY REFUSED GEJ N PROMISED HELL LET LOOSE IS RESPONSIBLE N IT'S VERY ANNOYING B COS THEY HAVE SEEN THAT INTELLIGENTLY,THEY CAN'T RUN GEJ TEAM DOWN AND NOW RESULTED TO BOMBING.VERY BACKWARD, ECONOMIC RISK SET OF PEOPLE, THEY USED TO POWER ALL THIS YEARS AND VERY COMFORTABLE HAVING IT NOW THEY WANT TO FLEX IT ON THE SPRING OF THE DOWN TRODDEN.THE HUNTER WILL SOON B THE HUNTED , 

who gave you a computer to type the comment above?
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by afrika(f): 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2011
WAT IS GOING ON HIA? JOE??
DONT TELL US, THAT DEY FORCED U INTO THIS GAME(PRESIDENCE)?

WE WONT TAKE IT? U RE A MAN. U REPRESENT IJAW, MIDDLEBELT, SOUTH SOUTH, D MINORITIES AND 2 CAP IT ALL PEOPLE WEY NO DEY CARRY LAST. WAFFI-BOY.

BROS, MAN MAKE MAN 2 BE WICKED. U JUS HAVE 2 ACCEPT DZ AND DEAL QUICKLY. THIS ISNT AN INTERNATIONAL THING. NA UR HOUSEHOLD DEY CAUSE DZ THINGS,
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by okadaman2: 12:02am On Aug 30, 2011
I know those behind bomb blasts - Jonathan

-  Says It Was Terrorists, Not MEND

-  IBB, Atiku, Saraki, Others Call for Probe

-  Death Toll Rises to 12, 101 Affected

President Goodluck Jonathan revealed yesterday that he knows “the person” behind the bomb attacks that marred the October 1 Golden Jubilee celeb coolration last Friday, reiterating his vow that the person(s) will be brought to book.

The president’s remark came at a time when prominent Nigerians, including former Head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Kwara State Governor, Dr Bukola Saraki, former Peoples Democratic Party Chairman, Chief Solomon Lar, among others, have called for a probe of the disaster to ensure culprits are punished.

President Jonathan who spoke at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Parliament international colloquium marking the 50th Independence anniversary of African countries yesterday in Abuja, dismissed a press release by a group claiming responsibility. Jonathan claimed that the violent group, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), was not involved in the blasts.

The president said: “The name of MEND association that operates in Niger Delta was only used. I grew up in the Niger Delta so nobody can claim to know Niger Delta better than myself, because I am from the Niger Delta.  I know the person behind the attack and the person sponsoring it.  They are terrorists, not MEND”. However, MEND hand, on Friday, claimed responsibility for the bomb blasts.

There were report that Henry Okah, a leader of MEND who was granted amnesty but now living in South Africa may have a hand in the blasts. The President added that the government would soon overhaul the security system to address the challenges of insecurity in the country.
Speaking with journalists after a visit to victims of Friday’s bomb blast at the National Hospital, Abuja, the president said security remained a priority of his administration.

He said that the actions were sponsored by “people who are flaunting MEND and the Niger Delta to perpetrate their evil acts.

“The government knows them and would fish them out as investigations proceed,” he said.

He promised to pick the bills and also take care of those who lost their lives in the dastardly acts. Jonathan said the government would also provide welfare to the families of the victims, especially those who were breadwinners.

According to him, the government is on the trail of the sponsors of the act and that they would all be brought to book.
Is the opposition to blame?

A source in The Presidency told Sunday Trust last night that opposition figures were being fingered over the attacks because there were security reports that they were going to sponsor the attacks and that preventive measures were actually taken before the event on Friday.
The source said: “There was a debate as to whether President Jonathan should go for the parade on Friday because of the security report, but when the security agencies said the venue was secure, he had to go.”

The source added that because of the political meaning being given to the blasts, some top Nigerians who were invited to the celebration, but who failed to attend, may be questioned “in the coming days” by security operatives, as the so-called security report, according to the Presidency source, had claimed that some $100 million was voted for the mischief, and that elements in the opposition may have been involved in the plot.

Former Head of State, General Ibrahim Babangida and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, both contenders for the presidency in 2011, as President Jonathan were conspicuously absent at the venue on Friday. The spokesman to the former Vice-President, Malam Garba Shehu, told Sunday Trust last night that his boss received the invitation very late and he couldn’t change the plans he had made before he received it. Malam Shehu said he had previously claimed that his boss didn’t receive the invitation, only to discover that it actually came, but very late. A spokesman to former President Babangida told Sunday Trust that the man had other important events to attend to on that day.
Heads of Government shun colloquium

Meanwhile, Heads of States of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) yesterday boycotted the colloquium meeting which was supposed to be the biggest and most prestigious historical event in the life of ECOWAS parliament community institution, auspiciously as a result of the bomb explosion at Abuja during the jubilee celebration. Those of them who attended the jubilee celebration did not wait for  the colloquium.

President Goodluck, who is the chair of the occasion, was the only head of state present.
More than two hundred dignitaries were invitatied by ECOWAS parliamentarians, current  and former heads of states, speakers of national assemblies, heads of states, speakers of national assemblies, heads of jovernments, more than a hundred members of national parliaments, sub-regional integration parliaments, but only few attended.

In his speech, the president, said “many countries in our continent are plagued by difficult challenges ranging from poverty, poor healthcare delivery, corruption, insecurity and maladministration as a result the continent is in dire need of solutions to these critical problems, solutions which must be well articulated and fully implemented to uplift the living standards of our populace”.
Why the British didn’t attend the Golden Jubilee Celebration

The United Kingdom authorities confirmed to the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) yesterday that its dignitaries pulled out of Friday’s parade marking Nigeria’s 50th anniversary, because of the security report they had obtained.

The Queen’s representative was due to attend but did not. Former Prime Minister Gordon Brown cancelled his visit to the country.
A UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesperson confirmed it had “received indications of a heightened security risk” and took immediate action to update travel advice after the MEND warning on Friday morning.
The FCO spokesperson said: “Security for VIP visitors is always kept under rigorous review. We remain in constant contact with the Nigerian authorities on this.”

Also, Reuters news agency quoted a South African police spokeswoman as saying she could “neither confirm or deny” the reported arrest and release of Henry Okah in South Africa on Friday. Reports said Okah’s residence was searched on suspicion that he was part of the plot to bomb Nigerian locations on Friday, but that he was promptly released by the police.
Death toll now 12 – Police

Nigerian police spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, confirmed that 12 people had been killed in the attacks, with 17 injured, and that a manhunt had been launched.

“We have mounted a check throughout the city,” he said.

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan called the attacks a “wicked act of desperation”.
Ordinary Nigerians expressed surprise at the blasts.

Elkana Habila told Reuters: “This is a very massive blow to the Nigerian government, and it will portray the country in a very bad light. It will scare away foreign investors.”

http://sunday.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4825:i-know-those-behind-bomb-blasts-jonathan-says-it-was-terrorists-not-mend-ibb-atiku-saraki-others-call-for-probe-death-toll-rises-to-12-101-affected&catid=57:cover&Itemid=126

This was from the independence day bomb blast.

We need to trust our president, he will fish out the UN bombers too

Chima Orlu and Ben Jessy where arrested now, abi?

Patience ok, patience.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by misterh(m): 2:12am On Aug 30, 2011
Even if some people are bent on destroying GEJ's govt, it looks as if they are winning! Apart from sending soldiers to Borno state, which in itself is reactive, i don't see anything that he's done to stop BH. It's common knowledge that our intelligence gathering has failed as no one has been linked wiv BH, what we have are just the hunch by people on who is responsible. While the sponsors of BH r congratulating each other on yet another successful attack, the govt appears to be losing it. Now, this is an indictment for those who say i voted for GEJ & not PDP. We still have other issues to grapple wiv- this is just one of the deficiencies of Nigeria.s of Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by jmaine: 2:15am On Aug 30, 2011
okada_man:

This was from the independence day bomb blast.

We need to trust our president, he will fish out the UN bombers too

Chima Orlu and Ben Jessy where arrested now, abi?

Patience ok, patience.

Okadaman na new recruit . . . .abi SSS don threaten you cheesy . . . . . . .
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by afrika(f): 2:24am On Aug 30, 2011
lol, u dey craze seriously, lmao
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by solomon229: 2:41am On Aug 30, 2011
For all those who mean well for GOODLUCK JONATHAN and NIGERIA please always ignore Beaf in your discussions. I have finally confirmed Beaf is on a personal/sponsored mission to destroy Jonathan.,.,.,still cant figure out why.

king-child:

@Demdem,

You sound very mature here. You get the logic, but maybe you do not know what you are asking for; bring who to book? If I may ask? BHs are ghosts. They are not like the MASSOB who we know their leaders. MEND that you and I can tell their hideout. Can’t you get it?

Like my Yoruba people will say, ENUDU N ROFO` {it’s easier said than done}

Even the big mouthed GADAFFI that was sounding like an almighty during the GEJ Turai saga is hiding now. ---- And these are people he can see. Do you understand conspiracy theory? Go read it up. Then you will understand why the police always ask you to be quite cos’ whatever you say would be used against you in court. Sorry I’m sounding down but then I must point out some fact here.

We are loosing lives everyday, yes that’s true but then only the wise son would here the sound of an ant. So be calm and be courageous.

If you are a manager that uses pressure to drive your results, very soon you will be out of job. Not pressure my friend but precedence.

Nigeria is ours get that. Or you want a history of a divided Nigeria during GEJ dispensation.

Can you still remember your National Pledge?

Bros hey. Can I ask how many lives are u looking at before we have the freedom to criticize those who swore and being paid to secure lives and properties? What GEJ critics are asking for are visible and efficient efforts at caging BH. We do not expect him to solve the problem by a swerve of arm but we are worried of the Govt priorities when people are dying everyday. They keep focussing on tenure elongation, removal of an 'unfriendly' Judge, celebrating Obamas birthday, arresting someone for asking for accountability etc. I dont want to start repeating many of his insensitive speeches after every disaster.

I totally disagree with u on efficiency of Pressure as a tool in management. Coordinated use of Pressure has proven to bring out time and quality efficiencies in many mgt endeavours. Ok if d mild method is better why are BH still coming back and killing more? GEJ rising up and whirling the big stick will definitely encourage overwhelming supports from many Nigerians who are tired of this unnecessary waste of human lives; this doesnt mean the problem will be solved immediately but more and more people will start finding it worthwhile to join in the fight to track the BH. BH have killed more northerners/moslems than xtian. In fact most of their targets are moslem 'infidels' and moslem leaders. They have forced 3 ex-Govs to make public apology because the Govs (who are all moslems) 'thrust' BH words than GEJ's.

If GEJ fear is that Nigeria should remain united under him then we are really in danger. GEJ has been in positions of authority in the last 12 years (~2 yrs as a C in C) and  should have realised economic and social stabilities are the most important factors in ensuring political stability in a democracy. He should stop telling people about 6 yrs tenure when 18 in 20 graduates have no jobs. He should stop telling us where the next PDP chairman is  coming from when more almajiris are still flocking the streets everyday. If he had shown himself to be focus and had ensured his cabinet is dominated by 'brilliant' people he would have easily succeeded in shifting most idle people's attention to growth and development. Many would have been preoccupied on how they can benefit in various economic activities in their local area. BH issue would have been easier to handle;many who have hopes in his Govt programmes will defend their hope and chase away the few 'mad dogs'. It is not too late for GEJ to make amends
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by okadaman2: 2:50am On Aug 30, 2011
jmaine:

Okadaman na new recruit . . . .abi SSS don threaten you cheesy . . . . . . .

Bros, make una nor vex, but I need to make more money than beaf!

I wan buy more Okada.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by okadaman2: 2:52am On Aug 30, 2011
For all those who mean well for GOODLUCK JONATHAN and NIGERIA please always ignore Beaf in your discussions. I have finally confirmed Beaf is on a personal/sponsored mission to destroy Jonathan.,.,.,still cant figure out why.

Bros, you just dey know? My OgaGEJ has fired that boy.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by jmaine: 3:33am On Aug 30, 2011
okada_man:

Bros, make una nor vex, but I need to make more money than beaf!

I wan buy more Okada.

How you take discover the very way, abeg arrange one slot for your man wink . . . . me self wan hammer cheesy cheesy . . . .
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by okadaman2: 3:52am On Aug 30, 2011
^
Bros dem never confirm me o, I still dey trial and training.

I wan buy this baby, this is my year
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by ayinba1(f): 4:08am On Aug 30, 2011
Okadaman, na real wa, sofry o! At this rate, na u and Beaf go begin fight o. Me i no dye.

The job to secure lives and property in Nigeria lies with the President so sentiments aside, GEJ is failing woefully. Anne quit harping on northerners making the country ungovernable for GEJ. There is no way he could have successfully rigged himself in without the support of some Northerners, especially the ones in power. Everyone has a price, I guess. Check out the ECA. the northerners were probably the most expensive but GEJ sure bought them.

Your incompetent dude will still not perform, we are following the events, and sadly too as lives are being lost daily. Give all the excuses on earth for him, he remains SINCERELY RETARDEEN!
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by ufumes(m): 8:01am On Aug 30, 2011
Quite funny.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by tkb417(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2011
if you cant do ur job

get the fark outta aso rock and let others enter

if they are bombing us cos of you, then 3 things come to mind

1) beg them
2) fark them up
3) farking resign so they can sheath the sword if they are too much for u

koko is, let the killings stop. it was never like this before you assume power

if you wanna play hard ball, kill them, maim them, blow them, crush them or fark off from aso rock angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by EkoIle1: 10:13am On Aug 30, 2011
Just like GEJ, his FB fans are all incompetent and dumb. Many of them are ignorant illeterates wrongly blessed with constitunal ability to cast votes in elections. We all know GEJ has nothing to do with FB and the dumb updates posted by his useless and worthless aids, but these dumb clowns eats everything up with silly shants like GEJ carry go, nothing do you and other ridiculous nonsense.

I remember reading many of their ignorant comments before the election and all I could do was shake my head in disgust at their level of ignorance and lack of any kind of political or civic knowledge.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by PointB: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2011
Eko Ile:

Just like GEJ, his FB fans are all incompetent and dumb. Many of them are ignorant illeterates [/b]wrongly blessed with [b]constitunal [/b]ability to cast votes in elections. We all know GEJ has nothing to do with FB and the dumb updates posted by his useless and worthless [b]aids, but these dumb clowns eats everything up with silly shants like GEJ carry go, nothing do you and other ridiculous nonsense.

I remember reading many of their ignorant comments before the election and all I could do was shake my head in disgust at their level of ignorance and lack of any kind of political or civic knowledge.

When I read this, I shake my head too. Like kettles, like pots!  grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by PointB: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2011
okada_man:

^
Bros dem never confirm me o, I still dey trial and training.

I wan buy this baby, this is my year

Bros, I dey your side ooo. That baby should reach me oo. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Gbawe: 11:34am On Aug 30, 2011
solomon229:

GEJ has been in positions of authority in the last 12 years (~2 yrs as a C in C) and  should have realised economic and social stabilities are the most important factors in ensuring political stability in a democracy. He should stop telling people about 6 yrs tenure when 18 in 20 graduates have no jobs. He should stop telling us where the next PDP chairman is  coming from when more almajiris are still flocking the streets everyday. If he had shown himself to be focus and had ensured his cabinet is dominated by 'brilliant' people he would have easily succeeded in shifting most idle people's attention to growth and development. [/b]Many would have been preoccupied on how they can benefit in various economic activities in their local area. BH issue would have been easier to handle;many who have hopes in his Govt programmes will defend their hope and chase away the few 'mad dogs'. It is not too late for GEJ to make amends

Precisely !!! Apologists and sycophants can claim I hate GEJ but no one can deny that I have proven, [b]very easily and repeatedly
, that GEJ is a coldly calculating and cynical opportunist who is the Architect of his own failure. How many Nigerians predicted that there would be security 'challenges' after GEJ won? Did we not even see the signs before the elections? Yet what did GEJ do with the ultra important position of Defense Minister? He played politics with it by 'gifting' it to the most classic of AGIPs (Haliru Bello) as a 'thank you' for efforts that went into winning the elections !!! If the Defense Minister is now carrying out his duties ineptly , why should anyone empathise with the President who appointed him out of Political expediency ?

like someone mentioned earlier, GEJ just wanted to get there (the Presidency ) without knowing what he would do when he got there !!! I.e GEJ is an example of the many medicore Politicians we have , ruining Nigeria, who just sought power for the sake of it and not because they possess the ability or genuine political will to make a difference.

Another proof GEJ "just wanted to get there" , that impacts negatively and directly on our security challenges, is Ringim. I stated it many times on this forum, and even opened a related thread,  to show that many others more qualified than Ringim were moved out of the way to accomodate the 'pal' of GEJ, from his days as Bayelsa Governor, who would help to 'coordinate' GEJ's election win. You just don't do that in the face of serious security challenges !!!! Those who now making excuses for a man who cynically played politics with serious issues are the enemies of Nigeria and "haters". Not me. I have done and continue to do my civic duty as a Nigerian. below is what I wrote in February warning of how the politically expedient appointment of Ringim and others will present problems in future. I also supplied an article that shows that Ringim was not deployed on merit . The election is over those who wanted to win at all cost, despite being "underwhelming", have won yet all we now have in place is mediocrity everywhere because of cynical opportunism . God save those who make excuses for the President and his political Party that feel a very, very troubled nation should be run that way.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-602389.0.html

Any President who wants progress for Nigeria , given the nature of our Country , needs to appoint the right calibre of people to very important positions . Failure to do this means you are planning to fail. Jonathan , apart from his many actions of incompetence , is surely planning to fail with the numerous ultra-poor calibre of individuals he has appointed to very important positions. The position of IGP is a perfect example. Given the state of security in the Nation , nothing else but the best hand would do for the top cop position. What did Jonathan do? he appointed his 'buddy' who happens to be far less academically qualified , with an inferior police track record of achievement, ahead of many who were superior to Ringim and trained at great cost to Nigeria. Many of the superiors to Ringim (with most being better cops than he is) have now being tossed out of the police force !!!! Tragic !!! What a crazy way to run a nation. Why won't Ringim be overwhelmed by his duties when he was brought in to rig an election for Jonathan rather than for his brilliance as a Law enforcer . Shame !!! The same "debased parochialism" (borrowed from article below) led to the appointment of Adoke as AGF and this current attempt to place a geriatric as ICPC boss.

Nairalanders, please read below to note what GEJ is doing to your nation;

http://saharareporters.com/report/why-hafiz-ringim-not-good-choice-igp

Why Hafiz Ringim Is Not A Good Choice As IGP
Posted: September 19, 2010 - 01:43

Concerned Nigerians
On the 8th of September 2010, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan surprised the whole nation and the security community, when he announced the sack of all service chiefs alongside the IGP and Director of SSS, and immediately replaced them with new ones.

The decision to change some of the service chiefs, particularly the Army Chief and the IGP was most welcome, as both of them had clearly demonstrated that they were not fit for the offices. The COAS for treasonable acts against the Nigerian constitution and the former IGP for clear incompetence and ineptitude. However, the choice of Mr Hafiz Ringim, a junior Officer in the hierarchy, as Acting IGP introduces a very grave and dangerous precedent into an already sick organization like the Police Force.

On the surface, it would appear has if all the nine people senior (DIGs Uba Ringim, Israel Ajao, Uzoma Declan, Haruna Ahmadu, Olusegun Efuntayo and Udo Ekpoudom plus AIGs Mrs Ivy Okoronkwo, Azubike Udah and Dawodu) to Mr Hafiz Ringim, are being punished alongside Mr Onovo for the failures of the Nigerian Police Force under Onovo’s leadership to deal effectively with any of the internal security challenges we have faced in the last one year, i.e. kidnapping and armed robbery, sectarian and religious killings, political murders, wanton abuse and extortion of commuters by police personnel on major highways and roads and in the last couple of weeks, disrespect for the judiciary. A critical and proper analysis of the police operations will reveal that none of these officers could be directly held responsible, as any IGP, whether competent or incompetent is like an Emperor over the Force, just like we find in all areas of public institutions in Nigeria. This writer has had the privilege of attending a briefing as a member of a specialized unit within the Force, to sit in a conference where the former IGP together with his “Management Team”, comprising the six DIGs and the Force Secretary met with a group of Foreign Security partners in the IG conference room. It is instructive to point out that for the whole three hours that the conference lasted, only the IG spoke on behalf of the Nigerian Police Force, not a single word or comment from any member of the “management team” was solicited or requested. We all sat through the briefing listening to our IG interacting with his visitors, at some point a couple of Officers on the Nigerian side were struggling to stay awake including the very senior officers.

It is instructive to point out too, that Mr Onovo’s failure was predicted by people in the security community, but the warnings were not heeded by late President Yar-adua. In the days leading to Okiro’s retirement, many security commentators warned that Onovo, although first in line by seniority, wasn’t the best fit amongst the DIGs for the job, because he had competence gaps in field operations caused by lack of command experiences. His only stint was as CP Ogun for a very brief period, before he was posted to NDLEA as head. He returned after many years in 2001 to headquarters as an AIG, shortly after he was promoted DIG in 2002, and remained at HQ until he was made IG in August 2009. His operational deficiencies were further compounded by two major issues; one was his refusal to allow his more experienced DIGs have an active role under him. He was always afraid that they might outshine him and get noticed, secondly, he elevated Police contract to the fore of his agenda and gave it primary attention while crime fighting was secondary.

All the foregoing are necessary in order to expose the critical lack of thinking/analysis or perhaps debased parochialism displayed by the Presidency in appointing Hafiz Ringim as the new Acting IGP, thereby signing the death-warrant of an organization that has been on death-row for many years.

We have to consider also the white paper in the aftermath of work of the Police Reform Committee headed by Retired IGP M.D Yusuf and comprising sixteen other distinguished members of the security community. That committee, after many months of deliberations and spending tax payer’s money, made many recommendations. One of the major highlights of that report was the one on appointment of IGP which states that in the best interest of the Police Force, Society and Country, SENIORITY AND MERIT must be uppermost in choosing all future IGPs particularly where there is no case of established misdemeanors against any officer in contention.

Let us now subject the appointment of the new Acting IGP, Mr Hafiz Ringim to the scrutiny of this litmus test to see if it can pass as a Nation building decision.

[b]FACTS OF THE MATTER:

•    Mr Hafiz Ringim was officially number ten (10) in the Police hierarchy at the time he was appointed Acting IGP, which means he jumped over nine (9) other officers in reaching his current post.

•    In the top ten list, he was the least qualified academically, as his highest Educational qualification is an Advance Diploma, while the nine officers before him have at least a University degree, a couple of them actually have Masters degree. He enrolled in the force as Cadet Inspector with a School Cert, while the nine Officers he jumped over each enrolled as Cadet ASP because of their University degrees.

•    Was he demonstrably better than all the Officers he jumped over? A very simple look at all the Officers and their previous postings and achievement in crime fighting will reveal the injustice in his appointment. His last posting, until his appointment as IGP was as AIG Zone 9 which comprises Abia, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra State. The Zonal command was at Umuahia, Abia State. On the day he was appointed Acting IGP, banks in Aba, Abia State, had not operated for a week, due to the challenge of armed robbery. It was under his watch that four journalists were kidnapped in Abia State, till date, do we know the people who kidnapped the journalists?? Do we know where they were kept while in captivating? Oh I forgot, the journalist have being released, no wahala, life can go on. In more serious countries, Mr Hafiz Ringim will be accounting for his cluelessness and ineptitude in Zone 9, and not sitting in the comfort of the pent-office of Louis Edet House as IGP. By contrast, the nine Officers he jumped over didn’t have such glaring operational encumbrances; most of them had very measurable achievements in crime fighting in previous Command and Zonal postings.

•    Were his remaining service years longer than that of the nine individual Officers? The answer again is no, because he has only two years left in service, while all the people he jumped over have more years than himself. Infact, two of the now retired six DIGs each have five (5) years left in service, another two have between three and four left, while the AIGs ahead of him all had more time left in service.

What are the implications for the Police Force if his appointment is ratified?

It is the considered opinion of this writer that the decision if approved by the Police Council and the National Assembly has the potential to:

•    Effectively rob the Police Force of almost twenty (20) years of service, thereby greatly undermining the capacity of the Force to properly groom it’s next generation of Officers, as the six DIGs have between them that amount of time left, but they are being forced to retire voluntarily, so as not to suffer the indignity of saluting and reporting to their less qualified junior.

•    Undermine productivity, efficiency, commitment and dedication to service from henceforth, as it will soon become glaring to all the remaining Officers who are currently jubilating that there will be mass promotion, that there is no longer job security and guaranties for finishing careers even without any clear case of misdemeanor. Instead Officers reaching the end of their careers will concentrate more energy and Government time in growing their own private enterprise.

•    Fuel more corruption in the force, as Officers now have justification to abuse their commission in order to quickly accumulate resources for their retirement. Although it must be noted that corruption and the Police are like Siamese twins, this situation will take it a whole new level, and the Force might never recover again.

What can be done to mitigate this potential damages??

•    This writer believes that in the best interest of the Force, Society and Country, all men and women of goodwill with access to the President, should plead with him to reconsider the appointment again. Else historians will record this as another negative watershed in the life of the Nigerian Nation.

•    I believe also, that the time has come for us as a Nation to start looking at the workability of State or Regional Police as part of a truly restructured federation. This behemoth called the NPF is not working, changing the IGP and sacking all his immediate subordinates is too cosmetic.[/b]

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Gbawe: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2011
Gbawe wrote in October 2010:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-524377.0.html

it is the same consideration that led to the appointment of Tafa Balogun, Ehindero, Okiro, Onovo i.e Nigerian Presidents placing self-interest above a need to fight crime robustly by deploying the best tools for the job. This is what has led to the steady decline of effective policing under a political Party (the PDP) that callously plays politics at all times and with everything. Naturally , the best crime fighters will probably be those who will refuse to be used partisanly by politicians. They are likely to be rejected by a PDP President because only compromised and corrupt police bosses need apply in the "do or die" quest to keep the PDP in power "for the next 60 years" . Any potential IGP , these days, will be one who must be willing to use the NPF partisanly in rigging elections on behalf of of the incumbent President. Political expediency is killing us in Nigeria.

Until we gain a President who will do what is best for Nigeria , rather than what is best for himself and his political Party, we will not gain an IGP who will lead the charge to reform the NPF along solid lines of modern crime fighting methodology, deployment on merit , adequate remuneration package, good training and the provision of needed equipment for the NPF. When a President goes out of his way to recruit a corrupt Police boss , because he wants a partisan IGP who will help rig elections , he is inadvertently sabotaging the fight against crime . As for who will make a good IGP , I think an honest and sincere look at the character and achievements records of our top Police Officers is the best judge. Again, it is only a President that eschews selfishness , in doing what is best for Nigeria, who will recruit an IGP on consideration of merit alone. How many of us , for example, know that Alao Akala was "dishonourably discharged" from the NPF yet the PDP deemed him as a fit Gubernatorial candidate in 2006? Nigerians should forget effective Policing under the PDP. This is why serious Governors like Fashola and Amaechi back State Police that will free progressive States from a reliance on a badly motivated and poorly trained Police Force used more for election rigging and gaurding private individuals than crime fighting .

Ol boy , man pikin tire for all dis sef. I am sick to the back teeth of politicians who play politics with everything to the detriment of the development of Nigeria. Everyone knows that Jonathan has simply gone for the Police boss that will help him 'win' next year. That is a highly parochial thing to do given that curbing the unacceptably high rate of crime in Nigeria should be a non-negotiable priority. Ringim , wether academically or performance-wise, does not deserve to be IGP . That is the fact . Many of his senior , who have better records in the NPF and academic superiority, and have been trained at great cost to Nigeria, will now have to be retired because Jonathan wan't to win at all cost next year. No one should be in any doubt that ringim is a very poor choice as IGP. When was the last time we gained an IGP of unquestionable integrity? Abi such people no dey NPF? Tafa Balogun, Ehindero, Okiro and Fatnovo are all IGP's who emerged due to how callous Presidents recognised a corrupt streak in all of them that could benefit the Presidency. Ringim now joins that rank.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by PointB: 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2011
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by tkb417(m): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2011
Nice one Gbawe
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Gbawe: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2011
PointB:

It really is tiresome to see how similar the apologists and hypocritical sycophants of GEJ are in tactics and childish behaviour. Instead of predictable silly images and the use of ridiculously bold fonts why not counter how two important positions, with direct impact on National security, were 'dashed' out with no consideration for merit? Yet folks like you can then, with a straight face, provide silly and hollow excuses for such acts of self-destructiveness that only compound the problems of a very troubled Nation.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by okadaman2: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2011
"we" supporters of our able president are supporting because of his kindness to all, his giving spirit and his accomodating politics.

Only Two groups of people believe in Oga GEJ

1. The Gullible Ignorants < - na dem full name be that o.  embarassed

2. The Beneficiaries. < -- correct people

I'm not dumb, I'm a beneficiary.

So, I'm loyal to Oga GEJ, because man must chop, man must flex, man must oppress.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by omogidi234(m): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2011
Good people of Nigeria, I really do not like the way we are yabbing our President. It is not fair.

The solution is, let us pray that  Mr. President' luck that brought him so far will rub on us and wash away the bad luck.
Then there won't be mass loss of lives in okene/lokoja road every year, mass loss of lives ignited by boko haram, accident resulting from bad road network etc AMEN.

By the way did anybody see the befitting burial given to American soldiers who died in the helicopter crash recently? Among them was a navy seal whose dog also mourned his death. You need to go to youtube.

Now the lesson there is that they value life more than us. They lost about 30 lives and they declare the actual figure. When last have heard the correct figures of casualties in this Naija? They told us 18 people died in the UN building bombing. But they did not tell us that a conference was on going and the building which had close to 300 people including children in its chreche as at the time of the bomb blast.

Let them keep deceiving us and let us keep praying for good luck.

AMEN once again.
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by Gbawe: 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2011
Before the election, we told you apologist and sycophants of GEJ , non-stop, that Mr. President is too compromised by the stupendous amount of AGIP around him for Jonathan to ever be able to do what is right for Nigeria. Nonetheless, you folks carried on the "spin and spell".

This is the time, for the sake of your nation, you stop silly spin and admit the truth i.e GEJ is far too compromised and at the mercy of those who do not mean well for Nigeria. As such, he is firmly part of the problem.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-nominates-siemens-bribe-taker-haliru-bello-mohammed-minister

Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister
Posted: June 22, 2011 - 15:53
Jonathan nominees: Haliru Bello Mohammed (L) and Hamisu Mairago
By SaharaReporters, New York

In a discomforting sign that Nigeria’s new president will travel a familiar old track after all, Goodluck Jonathan has nominated two questionable men, Haliru Bello Mohammed and Yusuf Hamisu Abubakar Mairago, for ministerial appointments.

Mohammed is famously known as one of the beneficiaries of the infamous £8.6 billion Siemens international bribery scandal that spanned several countries and embarrassed Nigeria, while Mairago, who has been nominated to represent Kaduna, was the executive director of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF).   He was arrested and detained by the EFCC for close to one year over his fraudulent activities in the PTDF.

Mr. Mohammed has previously been Minister for Communication.  Recently, he was also the deputy chair of Mr. Jonathan's party, the People's Democratic Party (PDP).

In the Siemens scandal, several other Nigerian officials besides Mohammed were named by Reinhard Siekaczek, who faced charges of bribery in a Munich court in 2007. Others named include Tajudeen Olanrewaju, Cornelius Adebayo,  Alhaji Elewi , and Professor Jibril Aminu, a former Minister of Petroleum Resources who went on to become a PDP Senator.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) did investigate the scandal but no prosecution of the main culprits ever arose from it even though the former Ministers reportedly admitted to taking the cash payments from Siemens.

Jonathan’s nomination of tainted officials to high office is an important early signal either of weakness, or of readiness to betray the promises he made to voters as he campaigned for office, or both.  On almost every campaign stop, he promised to engage in the “transformation” of Nigeria, including combating corruption.

For that purpose, some Nigerians claimed to have voted for him but not his party, the PDP, which they said they loathed.  
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by PointB: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2011
Re: GEJ Attacked By His Facebook Friends by PointB: 1:41pm On Aug 30, 2011
okada_man:

"we" supporters of our able president are supporting because of his kindness to all, his giving spirit and his accomodating politics.

Only Two groups of people believe in Oga GEJ

1. The Gullible Ignorants < - na dem full name be that o.  embarassed

2. The Beneficiaries. < -- correct people

I'm not dumb, I'm a beneficiary.

So, I'm loyal to Oga GEJ, because man must chop, man must flex, man must oppress.

grin grin grin grin grin You are true villain. Keep it up! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / South East Missing In Fg's Loans For States - EMPOWERMENT SCHEME / Albinos In Niger Delta Get N4.3bn Supports From European Union (See The States)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.