Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience (81016 Views)

The Deplorable State Of Zamfara Corpers Lodge / Your NYSC Questions Answered / My NYSC Experience In Pixs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by butanep(m): 3:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
makin:
Its depressing that nigerian youths can express their greed even on forum like this.
A year of community service even in an hamlet, is not only beneficial to the poor community which you are posted too, but an opportunity for you to see life from another view.
The only opportunity those people have for quality education and an introduction to the outside world is your person and your knowledge.
I was amazed to see how backward some places in the eastern nigeria is, and how errorneous most lagosians view the rest of nigeria.
You can only appreciate a culture better if you experience and get to understand the people.
The partiality involved in the primary postings happens in everyday nigerian life, not limited to youth service alone, so even if you are petochemical engr graduate teaching in primary school during your service year, it doesn't stop you from getting into shell after your service year, if indeed you are worth working in shell.
I love this. Good work bro. Service is not all about personal gains but selfless contribution to your fatherland. I never knew some places in Nigeria are under-developed until I was mobilized for service... the villages were just happy seeing corpers around and the children were excited to see us... shouting corper, corper... any time they see us... we were source of joy to them. The children in school respect us more than their teachers...

Service is not actually a waste of time... It is a period for you to see the nation in a different perspective...

3 Likes

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Odunharry(m): 11:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
story coming soon
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Odunharry(m): 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
toba:
Otondo kofa. Corper wee o waa o. 3wks hell in fika yobe state&ran to Lagos after 21days was fun later though.In platoon 10.
If any1 wants to redeploy/wants a good state, hala me i can hook u up to d woman that help me in 2005. Enjoy
nice

1 Like

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Meek75(m): 10:51am On Nov 10, 2015
how Much is delta paying corpers ...which state is the best for agric student to serve
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by manny4u(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2015
One room self contain apartment at Wuse Zone 2 with mattress and wardrobe @ a giveaway price call 08036700375
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by mrsharpguy: 6:18am On Nov 13, 2015
Hello Nl, please how can one locate NCCF or RCCF lodge in Lagos. Do dey accommodate ex-corpers for a week or 2?
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by EejaNla01(m): 11:50am On Jun 09, 2016
shocked
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by EejaNla01(m): 11:54am On Jun 09, 2016
I suggest the mods push this on fp for the stream2 PCM before we embark on our journey next week
Egbon lalasticlala. wink
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Taeewo(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ffg
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Mcdonaldson: 3:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
pls help a corper, am on my way to imo state, relocated from borno. i need the address of nccf lodge or contact, as well as corpers lodge in owerri. its urgent pls.
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by IZUKWU(m): 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
I am a corper relocated to ondo from bauchi state . told to report to nysc ondo on or before Thursday 3/7/16. I need address of nccf sectrait. akure.
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by tabithababy(f): 8:29am On Jul 07, 2016
IZUKWU:
I am a corper relocated to ondo from bauchi state . told to report to nysc ondo on or before Thursday 3/7/16. I need address of nccf sectrait. akure.
. Go to ondo thread and ask. They( I mean ondo corp members ) may not answer you. Just copy two or more contact you can find on the thread and call them to ask for the secretariat. angry
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by wizkitvick(m): 11:26pm On Jul 11, 2016
please I want to know if I can sow an extra khaki and take it along to camp won't it be seized THANKS.
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by richardbill: 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2016
It's good news for corp members & individuals who are in town to carry out one assignment or the other within a short time frame in the oil city of Warri. We have a well furnished apartment.The compound is situated at Jakpa road & its road is accessible & motorable with assurance of security as the compound is fenced & gated. Hurry as only few apartments are left. Please watsap/call on us today to view it.08162637076. We have other lovely places too. We are your apartment accomplice!
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by cuuutie: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
aproco:
i met the love of my life and am we are still keeping it strong after service.

Awwn I’m inspired! I’ll keep an eye out when I go next batch. Hope you’re both still waxing strong now?
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2019
texazzpete:
NYSC wouldnt have been so bad if the Government could have seen fit to send us engineers to engineering related jobs instead of leaving us to teach in village secondary schools. The painful thing was, after one year of teaching maths and physics, you'd have the same Government calling you a half-baked engineer!

anyway, NYSC was a funny experience for me. on the one hand, i got to see lots of people and travel to the east for the first time. On the negative side, i used to run a web design biz and i was reasonably successful at it. one year in a no-water no-light no gsm village changed it all. I had to bring my pc over to the village and bought a gen, that made me the target of hatred from my landlord who felt i was too pompous for a 'small boy'. That, and the fact that i was the only person in the compound of 10 that used toilet roll (instead of their favored plantain leaves) made them feel i was living large.

one nasty thing that happened, when i bought the gen, my next door neighbour compained that the noise was bothering him, he threatened to shut me down unless i powered his outside light. i had no choice but to comply. The first day i turned on the pc to watch a movie, all the neighbouring kids came crowding round my window. to entertain them, i put on a home video. that was my big mistake. they knocked and knocked until i let them in (i'm a sucker for kids) and then they started running over my foam witht heir bare, dirty feet, one ripped open my discman and as i was scolding him another one was chewing up my pack of cards. I drove the louts out!

i banned them from ever entering my room again, apparently thatmade thier parents even more pissed. One day my gen blew my monitor. I heard the woman next door say it served me right in Igbo. Beef!

The school was much worse. i came in there like a whirlwind trying to change things. I was horrified to hear that in the last WAEC only on egirl managed to get 6 Cs, and she was the only one out of 60 girls that passed maths. I took it upon myself to change things!
First day i got there, i launched into an impassioned speech about decency and hardwork and future career prospects and the need to move the school forward. Then i finally told them that i want an interactive class and that i wouldn't flog anybody etc. BIG MISTAKE! Once they learnt my natural aversion to beating girls and they saw i wasn't gonna flog them, it was all over. at that moment my speech cost me all hopes of enforcing discipline. Dunno why, it works in the movies grin
did the girls wanna learn? nope! in a class of about 50 girls, when im teaching you'll see 12 breaking melon into their berets, 5 sleeping, 12 giggling and passing love notes from their latest village beaus, 1 girl sweeping the class, 5 gisting with other girls thru the window. any girl i send out will come leaping thru the window next time my back is turned. It was either teach or spend the whole time enforcing discipline.
at least i was inspired to teach until i marked first term exams and half the class got 0/80. This in spite of the fact that i even solved exam-like questions in class 2 days to the exam, and i told them the same thing'll come out. they just couldn't be arsed to read.
What didnt i try? to teach computer education to Jss3 i used my own computer and my own generator. they refused to listen, just because i wouldnt cane them. Jss3 maths i asked them to buy a mathematical set so they could use for trig drawing. they refused. SS2 girls didn't know how tp use a four-figure table. I asked them to buy tables, most didnt. i asked them to photocopy the tables at the back of New General mathematics. compliance rate was like 5%. I had to give up. How the heck do you pass maths when u can't read a four figure table?
How the hell did i end up teachin pythagoras' theorem for 3 weeks, something i learnt in 30 minutes, and then 90% of them failed it in exam? WTF is hard about a2 = b2 + c2 ?

The final killer for me? My principal forced me to solve WAEC maths and physics for SS3, blackmailing me with the threat of telling my ZI about my trips to write job tests and interviews. this, after i'd been the most strident critic of exam malpractice. After that blow, i lost all enthusiasm for teaching.
The irony of it all, by me solving the maths for them, i finally made a difference in the WAEC maths result, just not in the way i hoped for grin

Notable NYSC Quotes:

"Corpers don't worry! Ohafia is not like Isiala Ngwa where your camp was, where they eat people. here in Ohafia, highest during estival they may cut off your head and dance with it, but they do not eat people here"

--Ohafia LGA chairman in his welcome speech to us.

"How can corpers come all the way from their states and carry all our money?"

-- Umuahia councillors, removing names of Corpers from the Polio immunisation supervisor rosters and substituting them with their own (semi-literate) people, despite the fact that corpers dominated in the qualification tests.

"You wan make i slap that ya face join wall?"

-- Tout threatening me in Ohafia park for daring to take front seat.

"I go take slap block one of ya ear"

-- Okada man threatening me with severe soft-tissue damage for daring to protest his high fares.

"Nna, Fanta and mirinda, all na the same N50. the two of them yellow"

-- Market woman happily chose to inform me that mirinda attracted the same price as fanta after i'd drank the stuff.

"Use this one to buy something for yaself"

--Vice-Principal of the school casting down N500 on the table after i'd been forced to solve the WAEC. I'd never felt so insulted in my life.

"I'm going to deal seriously with igbo girls!"

-- fellow corper confiding to me his plans to avenge his posting my sowing wild oats relentlessly.

"BooHoo! eeeeeeh!"

-- me weeping profusely after being teargassed by police on my birthday, february 2nd 2005 in Aba while trapped at the back of a vehicle.

I must commend this beautifully written post. I love every bit of it. You must be a big man now and probably a grandpa.

4 Likes

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by texazzpete(m): 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2019
ThreeBlackBird:

I must commend this beautifully written post. I love every bit of it. You must be a big man now and probably a grandpa.

Lol. Grandpa ke. Still in the 30s.

It’s been nearly 15 years now...plenty things don change.

I’ve never been able to return to Ohafia since then.

1 Like

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Yungbliss(m): 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2019
[quote author=alheri post=223943]thats a nice picture, dargly.

Anyway, I served in 2001. I had the connections "as someone earlier put it" and so I worked my posting to Abuja since that was were I lived with my family. I was also able to work my posting to Fed. Min. Of Women affairs cause I was pregnant during service and wanted a place I would be comfortable. Anyway, I was posted to the child development depertmanet and further to their work place Nursery and creche' behind the police head qtrs in Abuja.

How much was the allawee by then
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Yungbliss(m): 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2019
alheri:
thats a nice picture, dargly.

Anyway, I served in 2001. I had the connections "as someone earlier put it" and so I worked my posting to Abuja since that was were I lived with my family. I was also able to work my posting to Fed. Min. Of Women affairs cause I was pregnant during service and wanted a place I would be comfortable. Anyway, I was posted to the child development depertmanet and further to their work place Nursery and creche' behind the police head qtrs in Abuja. I had a very nice time there and I also learnt alot in that day care. I learnt alot about kids and that has helped in shaping me to be the kind of mother I am now. I never really liked kids while growing up, I was kinda spoilt so kids were like competition to me. But going and working in that place opened my eyes to alot of things about children and child handling. I learnt so much about kids, there temperaments, eating habits, learning abilities, thier differences and so much more. I thot it would be a good place to laze and sloth during my service year cause I didnt want stress but am a better person from the experiences I got from that place. When my son came, I could take him to work with me and it was soo nice spending all that time with him.

I know alot of people who had a hard time during thier service year and I feel for them. I thank God mine was not so bad and the experiences from that time has helped till date. It was not a waste of a year for me, it was a very good year for me.
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Illuminatus(m): 10:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
Free
texazzpete:
NYSC wouldnt have been so bad if the Government could have seen fit to send us engineers to engineering related jobs instead of leaving us to teach in village secondary schools. The painful thing was, after one year of teaching maths and physics, you'd have the same Government calling you a half-baked engineer!

anyway, NYSC was a funny experience for me. on the one hand, i got to see lots of people and travel to the east for the first time. On the negative side, i used to run a web design biz and i was reasonably successful at it. one year in a no-water no-light no gsm village changed it all. I had to bring my pc over to the village and bought a gen, that made me the target of hatred from my landlord who felt i was too pompous for a 'small boy'. That, and the fact that i was the only person in the compound of 10 that used toilet roll (instead of their favored plantain leaves) made them feel i was living large.

one nasty thing that happened, when i bought the gen, my next door neighbour compained that the noise was bothering him, he threatened to shut me down unless i powered his outside light. i had no choice but to comply. The first day i turned on the pc to watch a movie, all the neighbouring kids came crowding round my window. to entertain them, i put on a home video. that was my big mistake. they knocked and knocked until i let them in (i'm a sucker for kids) and then they started running over my foam witht heir bare, dirty feet, one ripped open my discman and as i was scolding him another one was chewing up my pack of cards. I drove the louts out!

i banned them from ever entering my room again, apparently thatmade thier parents even more pissed. One day my gen blew my monitor. I heard the woman next door say it served me right in Igbo. Beef!

The school was much worse. i came in there like a whirlwind trying to change things. I was horrified to hear that in the last WAEC only on egirl managed to get 6 Cs, and she was the only one out of 60 girls that passed maths. I took it upon myself to change things!
First day i got there, i launched into an impassioned speech about decency and hardwork and future career prospects and the need to move the school forward. Then i finally told them that i want an interactive class and that i wouldn't flog anybody etc. BIG MISTAKE! Once they learnt my natural aversion to beating girls and they saw i wasn't gonna flog them, it was all over. at that moment my speech cost me all hopes of enforcing discipline. Dunno why, it works in the movies grin
did the girls wanna learn? nope! in a class of about 50 girls, when im teaching you'll see 12 breaking melon into their berets, 5 sleeping, 12 giggling and passing love notes from their latest village beaus, 1 girl sweeping the class, 5 gisting with other girls thru the window. any girl i send out will come leaping thru the window next time my back is turned. It was either teach or spend the whole time enforcing discipline.
at least i was inspired to teach until i marked first term exams and half the class got 0/80. This in spite of the fact that i even solved exam-like questions in class 2 days to the exam, and i told them the same thing'll come out. they just couldn't be arsed to read.
What didnt i try? to teach computer education to Jss3 i used my own computer and my own generator. they refused to listen, just because i wouldnt cane them. Jss3 maths i asked them to buy a mathematical set so they could use for trig drawing. they refused. SS2 girls didn't know how tp use a four-figure table. I asked them to buy tables, most didnt. i asked them to photocopy the tables at the back of New General mathematics. compliance rate was like 5%. I had to give up. How the heck do you pass maths when u can't read a four figure table?
How the hell did i end up teachin pythagoras' theorem for 3 weeks, something i learnt in 30 minutes, and then 90% of them failed it in exam? WTF is hard about a2 = b2 + c2 ?

The final killer for me? My principal forced me to solve WAEC maths and physics for SS3, blackmailing me with the threat of telling my ZI about my trips to write job tests and interviews. this, after i'd been the most strident critic of exam malpractice. After that blow, i lost all enthusiasm for teaching.
The irony of it all, by me solving the maths for them, i finally made a difference in the WAEC maths result, just not in the way i hoped for grin

Notable NYSC Quotes:

"Corpers don't worry! Ohafia is not like Isiala Ngwa where your camp was, where they eat people. here in Ohafia, highest during estival they may cut off your head and dance with it, but they do not eat people here"

--Ohafia LGA chairman in his welcome speech to us.

"How can corpers come all the way from their states and carry all our money?"

-- Umuahia councillors, removing names of Corpers from the Polio immunisation supervisor rosters and substituting them with their own (semi-literate) people, despite the fact that corpers dominated in the qualification tests.

"You wan make i slap that ya face join wall?"

-- Tout threatening me in Ohafia park for daring to take front seat.

"I go take slap block one of ya ear"

-- Okada man threatening me with severe soft-tissue damage for daring to protest his high fares.

"Nna, Fanta and mirinda, all na the same N50. the two of them yellow"

-- Market woman happily chose to inform me that mirinda attracted the same price as fanta after i'd drank the stuff.

"Use this one to buy something for yaself"

--Vice-Principal of the school casting down N500 on the table after i'd been forced to solve the WAEC. I'd never felt so insulted in my life.

"I'm going to deal seriously with igbo girls!"

-- fellow corper confiding to me his plans to avenge his posting my sowing wild oats relentlessly.

"BooHoo! eeeeeeh!"

-- me weeping profusely after being teargassed by police on my birthday, february 2nd 2005 in Aba while trapped at the back of a vehicle.

iLove!

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Amakapritty(f): 8:42am On Mar 05, 2020
Pls how many times is my dashboard supposed to show absent for me to be in trouble of nysc extension?
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by RequestButton: 12:24am On Jan 13, 2021
For more information:

The only available rooms are in Ibara Housing Estate.

- 4 rooms are currently vacant
- Each room is 2,500/week + *4 free weeks to conclude exit*
- Prospect's POP date must be provided in order to calculate how much to be paid in total
- Service charge : N24,000 (to be paid ☝️) which covers *cleaning, security and waste management*
- Water runs in the lodge and there is a well
- 6months payment is not allowed
- Electricity meter is prepaid
- Corper must show their ID to prove they are corper.

Kindly call 09060100257
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Gogobillionz(m): 11:48am On Sep 13, 2022
Good morning all,please what can I do if I got employed during the service period as a Corp member.
Please,it's very urgent and important �
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by JustSkb: 7:02am On Dec 02, 2022
NYSC: 2022 BATCH C I & C II

For:
- Direct posting
- Relocation
- PPA
Payment on approval.

Call/Whatsapp:

Group link: https:///LY87EV9BaSo6Snh96HN2F5

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch B II Corps Members / NYSC Member Got People Talking As She Bares Cleavage In Her Uniform / Female Student's Love Letter To A Male Corper In Kaduna (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.