Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? (49899 Views)

Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive / Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos / 7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by silibaba: 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2022
OKOATA:
I rented an apartment at Ikorodu sometime ago, the caretaker had a disagreement with the landlady, the caretaker because of that told me the lady buried charms in the compound. Didn't bother me to be honest cos I have this believe it won't affect me in anyway. I cashed out steady before living the house for mine. It depends on your mindset.

Is not mindset forget.

It depends on the content of the juju. I once lived in festac town where my landlady buried life ram in front of the flat as I was told by other tanants. But I made fortune in that flat as well. So now I guess she (Landlady) did it for herself for prosperity. she made money and move to a bigger part of festac. So as I enter the flat, me self begin enjoy the juju wey she buried there. I also moved out of there 4 years later to a bigger part of festac town as well.

So you see say juju get different types?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by BritishAirways: 1:12pm On Dec 09, 2022
Let me share this incident with you. Some years ago, back in the university, we lived in a compound.
The owner of that house was rumored to be a ritualist and cries of people were heard in that compound. When we moved in, we were just students living a normal life.

Without the doubt, if you are outside washing clothes alone or outside the compound alone, you get the feeling that someone is watching you... People go "EXTRA MILE" for personal reasons.

No matter how "self-aware" or prayerful you are, you can't tell a house that is jinxed unless people tell you, you see symbols or objects being hanged

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Laturuturu: 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2022
Orubebe01:
Please free free to share your experience.

Don't look for anything my dear. Your eyes can't see even if there is danger. Spiritual things can't be diagnosed in laboratory.
Pray, go babalawo wey Sabi, go Alfa ,go dibia

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by silibaba: 1:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
Larryfest:
Some might say all this is superstition but that is because you haven't had any experience about the whole issue. I'm in one presently, moved in about a year and half ago. Business that was already booming gradually died, family issues amplified by 100%, already sold almost everything in the apartment (chairs, fridge, sound systems even down to kitchen equipments) just to feed.

Most times I just look up smile because I still can't believe things could get this worse all in a year and few months.

About a month ago someone I recently got close to in the area asked where I lived and I told him, he just started shaking his head then he told me a member of his church lived in the apartment last and the family also went through hell before they could get out and I hadn't even told him what I was going through yet before he told me about the apartment...

Don't mind those yorrubba land lordlords. Tomorrow dey will say you don't like paying rent, but they all know what they did.

22 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by silibaba: 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2022
In Lagos, avoid Yoruba and Benin landlords. Talking from personal experience.

Igbo landlords are better. Their own juju na make container they land.

I swear to God, I know a tanant that painted my friend dad building last year(6 x 3bedroom flats). The landlord is an ibo man, the tanant begged the landlord to allow him paint the building for him coz from east to the compound, then he started hustling at alaba international market as oso afia guy( those hustler that don't normally own a shop but will bring customers into your shop pretending to be the owner and make sales). Like play he rented his own shop at alaba and started buying and stocking his shop. Long story short, he got married in that Same compound, gave birth, traveling to china(now an importer). Now the tanant have built his own house but refused to pack out.he put his own building on rent and continue staying in his current apartment just bcoz of the luck that have followed him in that compound.

69 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Tregmas: 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2022
This is educative, have also heard about diabolical power affecting where one live

9 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Tregmas: 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2022
Omihanifa:

Wake up in the middle of the night and urinate in a plastic bottle, add salt to the urine and sprinkle it all over the house. If you don't see improvement come back her and insult me.

Do it for like a week. Make sure it's your early morning urine.
is it every day for one week?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Larryfest(m): 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2022
Omihanifa:

Wake up in the middle of the night and urinate in a plastic bottle, add salt to the urine and sprinkle it all over the house. If you don't see improvement come back her and insult me.

I will be trying this right from this night. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Larryfest(m): 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2022
silibaba:

Don't mind those yorrubba land lordlords. Tomorrow dey will say you don't like paying rent, but they all know what they did.
Bro me sef be Yoruba but I agree with you on these.. My former landlord na Igbo man and apart from him being stingy I had no issue living in his house for good 4yrs in fact I made quite remarkable progress but all has gone down the drain in just a year and few months now....

What I don't get is how exactly does a landlord/landlady expect their tenants to pay them rents as at when due if things keep getting worse for them while living in the house

37 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by yinkeys(m): 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2022
silibaba:
In Lagos, avoid Yoruba and Benin landlords. Talking from personal experience.

Igbo landlords are better. Their own juju na make container they land.
Look at this joker
Why do you have to condemn a particular tribe
Even in USA you’d see native Americans getting involved with charms
I’ve seen white women engaged fully in Buddhiism
Idol worship & voodoo practices aren’t segregated to one part of Nigeria unenlightened fellow
I’ve lived in almost every part of Nigeria on the map below Abuja & Abuja included.
You think evil or black magic is peculiar to one race or tribe ?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Nonywendy(m): 2:14pm On Dec 09, 2022
Tokskob2008:
I don't know about other states but for Lagos and Ogun state whenever you see the scorpion insignia in front of the house (the vent slightly below the roof) my brother RUN oooo....

To the normal eyes it's just a decorative brick but when you look closely you will see it's actually a scorpion shaped brick. I mean who in his/her right senses live where scorpions hangout
U r right

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Pour sugar in a corner of the apartment. If you don't see ants there after a max of 24hours, RUN!
Lol

1 Like

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by SmartPolician: 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Pour sugar in a corner of the apartment. If you don't see ants there after a max of 24hours, RUN!

What does the absence of ants mean?

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Opinedecandid(m): 2:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
Oh, Jesus.
When will ever learn?
Don't we know that what we expect what we see?
Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by donprinyo(m): 2:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
If the compound is not peaceful within 1week run

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Ehijieobaa: 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2022
Omihanifa:

Will you sprinkle it inside your house or around your apartment??

1 Like

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Johel(m): 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2022
Tokskob2008:
I don't know about other states but for Lagos and Ogun state whenever you see the scorpion insignia in front of the house (the vent slightly below the roof) my brother RUN oooo....

To the normal eyes it's just a decorative brick but when you look closely you will see it's actually a scorpion shaped brick. I mean who in his/her right senses live where scorpions hangout

House or horror grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Lama70(m): 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2022
Hmmmmm!!!

I lived in a house in Ketu, by Osogun bus stop. I spent about 4 years and each year the compound lost one person. Between 2004 to 2008 when I left there 4 tenants died. It's no joke.

The house was evil personified. The surprising think was that people around the place knew. Myself, wife and my children left in one piece. But we saw hell that I can't afford to explain.

We did not know anything until the day we were leaving. A certain old mama on that street spoke Yoruba to my wife in this vein; "thank God that that you people are leaving there intact. God has delivered you people". It was a shock.

Bros, evil house dey o.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by weljewel: 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2022
Thanks be to God for His saving help, for His revelation, direction, honour, power, grace, mercy and deliverance.
Praise be to God for my change of location.
Thanks be to the God of wonders for the amazing help and miracles.

13 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Treasure17(m): 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Pour sugar in an apartment you've not paid for? And peradventure you actually paid, run after the payment?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by naijknight: 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2022
Rent it ...pray in it..and sleep...nothing like diabolic ...Africa mentality

4 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by johnnychuks(m): 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2022
westlius:
I have stayed in a compound in PH Psychiatric road, omo no man give the wife belle for the compound, all kids dere were born b4 dey packed in d compound, even my street u cant get a work and work for 6 month you be fired.
I lost jobs tire for that street till I packed out
bros I just came from Lagos yesterday, now in exact place you are talking about pls call the street name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by kezienaira: 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2022
OKOATA:
I rented an apartment at Ikorodu sometime ago, the caretaker had a disagreement with the landlady, the caretaker because of that told me the lady buried charms in the compound. Didn't bother me to be honest cos I have this believe it won't affect me in anyway. I cashed out steady before living the house for mine. It depends on your mindset.

Very very well, it depends on your mindset.
What you want to limit you, will most def limit you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by justmi1: 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2022
When I wanted to rent a room apartment in 2016, it was unusually difficult to open the door, the lock wouldn't open despite adding extra force. That was a sign I took serious, though the apartment was cheaper and bigger between the 2 I was shown I went for the more expensive one being a newly built apartment.

A further enquiry about the house revealed the former occupant lost his job and relocated back to lagos (from Abuja). Then the guy that took the place instead of me lost his job and later died as well. Let's be sensitive and follow our guts.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by babaalagbo11(m): 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2022
Orubebe01:
Please feel free to share your experience.
when you get any house at all either new or old when you want to wash it before moving in...pour salt inside that water you put detergent not dangote or refined salt o,those salt they sell open in the market pour it inside the water,the remaining things or prayer you'll say into the water before you wash it ask me on WhatsApp I'll let you know and transliterate it properly for you, No matter how hard or bitter things people say about that house or whatever they've buried there you'll be very successful in and outside the house, check my signature to reach me

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by saintkeppy(m): 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2022
westlius:
I have stayed in a compound in PH Psychiatric road, omo no man give the wife belle for the compound, all kids dere were born b4 dey packed in d compound, even my street u cant get a work and work for 6 month you be fired.
I lost jobs tire for that street till I packed out

That should be Rumuigbo area of PH, that Street is demonic

9 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by Nonywendy(m): 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2022
U mean haunted house?

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by kezienaira: 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
I ask again, Why will a landlord want to make things difficult for their tenant to not be able to pay house rent when it expires

5 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by itsene: 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
I am reading a lot of hyperboles here

Do you think a diabolical owner would show you signs before you move in?
You will settle down first before seeing "strange doings"!
However avoid residences with too many rules.

11 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by samuelson06(m): 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2022
Orubebe01:
Please feel free to share your experience.

1. An unnecessarily dirty compound.
2. When the landlord begins to give you weird rules.

6 Likes

Re: What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? by tolue42(m): 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
Bashnigga:

Really?
This is one of the reasons I even wanna move out of my current place. Clean webs today, tomorrow I go see another one D;

That shows you don't use "raid " in your room often.
Raid don't only kill mosquitos, it kills spider and any form of insects

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise / Military Officers Seize Onikoyi's Land At Banana Island (Pictures) / Latest Pictures Of Eko Atlantic International Commerce City, Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.