Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State (5476 Views)

Chuka, Son Of Ben Osi Umunna May Emerge UK Labour Party Leader / APC Woman Leader In Lagos West Allegedly Caught With Election Materials / Drug Baron Can’t Be My Party Leader – Obasanjo To PDP (2) (3) (4)

Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by chino11(m): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2011
By Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji

August 29, 2011 02:41PM
Print print Email email Share Share

Suspected assassins at the weekend in Abeokuta, Ogun State Capital shot dead a leader of the ruling Action Congress of Nigeria {ACN}, Yomi Bamgbose in front of his residence located behind the Moshood Abiola International Stadium.

NEXT reliably gathered that Mr Bamgbose had just returned home, at about 10pm on Saturday and was at the point of entry into his residence when the suspected assassins accosted him, and ordered him to enter the car they [suspects} brought.

He was reported to have resisted the order and managed to temporarily escape from the scene, shouting for help on top of his voice. But he was pursued by the gang, who shot sporadically to scare the residents of the area until they cornered Mr Bamgbose and shot him severally until he died.

The gunmen later drove away a much-used car belonging the victim, leaving behind many of the more exotic cars parked inside the compound.

The remains of Bamgbose, who is also on contract with Ogun State Government as Vehicle Inspection Officer {VIO} after his retirement, had since being deposited in the mortuary.

A large number of Action Congress of Nigeria {ACN} members, neighbours and other sympathizers have continued to visit the residence of the deceased, lamenting the loss of the 53-year-old politician.
Among early callers at the deceased home include Ogun State Deputy Governor, Segun Adesegun, said the incident was unfortunate, but added that arrangement was in place by the government to investigate the killing.

"It is unfortunate, it shows the security lapses in our society," Mr Adesegun, who wept over the killing, said. "Arrangement is ongoing by the government to look into the issue, police are already taking action. The deceased is a strong member of our party."

Mr Adesegun, however, said, it could not yet be established whether it's a robbery or assassination case until the police have concluded their investigation, which he said was already ongoing.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5740269-146/suspected_assassins_kill_party_leader_in.csp
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by chino11(m): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2011
Wild wild Animals West. Southern almajiris part 2
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by Afam4eva(m): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2011
This is sad. The level of assasination in the south-west has gone out of hand.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by chino11(m): 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2011
^
Ofcos its in their to nature to slaughter and be slaughter grin
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by chino11(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
^
Ofcos its in their to nature to slaughter and be slaughter grin
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by Afam4eva(m): 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2011
Chino, calm down.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by albertini: 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2011
The brutal killings in our politics, just shows then kind of people running the country, most of them are barbarians, as a people we should practice constructive politics
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by Rgp92: 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
This is good grin grin I hope they all kill themself
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by chino11(m): 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2011
^^^^

Biafra is actually coming to fruition, by the time they all killed themselves, since they have formed instrument of destruction for themselves. The north are killing themselves while the Yorubas are down here killing their leaders.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by aloyemeka2: 11:35pm On Aug 29, 2011
This guy may have been murdered by armed robbers who found out that he had nothing for them to rob.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by BabaIbada: 5:18am On Aug 30, 2011
chino11:

^^^^

Biafra is actually coming to fruition, by the time they all killed themselves, since they have formed instrument of destruction for themselves. The north are killing themselves while the Yorubas are down here killing their leaders.
you're kidding right? Or have you forgotten that this is just one of the unreported 1000 ritual killings that take place in the east on weekly basis? If the hired assassins can be identified they must all be Ibos, these are the people who take lives at slight opportunity so far money is involved, mtscheewww angry
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by htajz: 6:16am On Aug 30, 2011
political assisination na normal thing for southwest so i dont even know why you opened this thread.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by ogbori(m): 6:39am On Aug 30, 2011
SUSPECTED ASSASSINS? angry
They already assassinated the guy now, which one be suspected again.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by chino11(m): 6:46am On Aug 30, 2011
Baba Ibada:

you're kidding right? Or have you forgotten that this is just one of the unreported 1000 ritual killings that take place in the east on weekly basis? If the hired assassins can be identified they must all be Ibos, these are the people who take lives at slight opportunity so far money is involved, mtscheewww angry

You must be a nincompoop and daft, its was the Igbos that took money to slaughter bola ige, it was the Igbos that took money to have abioala slaughtered by the almajiris Answer me animal??. The highest and most despicable level of ritualistic cult and blood suckers can only be seen in the yorooba land. How many cases of political killings have you heard in the Igboland. The politics of yorooba land centers on killing their people and leaders, the most useless tribe in Nigeria. Even the northern almajiris are better than you guys
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by chino11(m): 6:48am On Aug 30, 2011
ogbori:

SUSPECTED ASSASSINS? angry
They already assassinated the guy now, which one be suspected again.

Na yooroba slogan
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by bagodin(m): 6:55am On Aug 30, 2011
It cld be politically induced,since he's in charge of vehicle inspection.Nja politics is 'Do & Die'.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by chino11(m): 7:01am On Aug 30, 2011
No, yorooba politics is DO OR DIE, and not Nigerian politics. Nigeria will be a better place minus yoroobas.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by 2great: 7:14am On Aug 30, 2011
ACN membas r kinda mor susceptible 2 such killns, reminds me of DipoDina's brutal kiling.May d killers neva see peace on dz planet.may dr days b dark n slipery.Rip 2 d dead
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by bagodin(m): 7:41am On Aug 30, 2011
@chino11,what has the Yorubas got to do with this,abi na only them dey do politics.What bout the ANPP killings in the North,PDP chieftain in South-South.Be well informed b4 you comment.Where exactly are you from, Okija shrine?
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2011
Chino11, posting negative articles about others doesn't benefit us, and we need to focus our energies more on how to improve the south east.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by tkb417(m): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2011
someone has been killed

all i can see here is yoruba/ibo

what kind people do we have on NL now?

sad.

@seun if you ever get to read this thread; you'll do well to discourage these rubbish coming out from this blog

you dont need a few charlatans to use NL as a tool to encourage these shallow thinking/asinine commentaries. its sounding like jokes now but im sure if this get outta hand, we'll probably have more than we can chew in our hands

To all you jobless barbarians

Get busy and stop making daft commentaries. make your father/mum proud and get a life outside NL

Retards
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by stormm: 9:03am On Aug 30, 2011
Guess the remnants of OGD/PDP school of politics are still around.

@chino11, junior, go and play outside grin.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by Pukkah: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2011
Which is more tragic - the sad killing of this man or the fact that some Nigerians no longer value life and would turn even a bloody event such as this into a tribal affair?

With such individuals who poke fun at everything, is there hope for this beleaguered country? Does their presence not show the descent of Nigera into near anarchy and barbarism?
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by Ekiti1: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2011
@ chino11
"I was wondering what kind of human being you are when I read your posts on this thread. I decided to check your profile and it was an eye opener.
You are nothing but a disaster waiting to happen.

You have 641 posts since October 5, 2009 and the statistics are as follows:

politics - 531 (Nice you probably  are a politician, or want to become one)
Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics -74 (I am beginning to wonder what kind of politician you are if you are so full of ethnicity)
Education - 0 (An Illiterate politician)

All these didnt move me until I read some of your posts."

on: August 23, 2011, 07:16 PM
You are actually derailing this thread, by posting propagandistic report from sun newspaper freekick. If we start posting the ills in your imo state NL will not contain it. Do you remember the promises of ohakin the criminal, oguta wonder lake, oak royal refinery, dredging of nwaorie river all in your imo state. Ohakin used all this conduit to siphone money from imo state. Go to Anambra today things are happening, from Sabmiller plant (South Africa) in Onitsha to Power plant to Onitsha port to ongoing construction of International Cargo Airport to Oil and Gas refinery(Orient Petroleun) . Infact its even an insult comparing Anambra to a mere Imo state. Mention one  project that is ongoing in Imo state, not one, then how can you say that your state Imo is anywhere near Anambra in terms of greatness. Even the new banks are already storming Anambra for recognition, this shows a state that has vibrancy unlike some back yard state as Imo state

"What does the above statement highlighted in red prove?"

on: August 23, 2011, 04:49 PM

Why not go and rest for at least two hours to recover yourself? Where did you get your rubbish that there is scarcity of land and money in Anambra?Huh?? Anambra has good expanse of land in Otuocha/Anam area, where the Oil/Gas refinery, the International Cargo Airport is being sited. Has people in Onitsha moved to your Owerri because it has population or because your Imo state is economically dry?Huh? If the money is not in Onitsha has it now moved to your Owerri?Huh? FYI, the level of capital/fiscal transaction that goes on daily in Anambra, Onitsha, Nnewi precisely can only be compared to the ones in Lagos. Mon-Fri, the popular Awka Road, New Market Road, Old Market Road all in Onitsha can only be said to be like the Wall Street, New York

"More ethnicity even within the east where you are from (I doubt you are truly from the east)"

on: August 23, 2011, 04:31 PM
Your brain has failed you once again. The above highlighted are economically dry zone. On the above states you mentioned, list relaxation or leisure places in those states that is above the ones in Anambra. (With exception of Cross River which does not have natural resources, but flourishing tourism)Huh? Again how many prominent towns are there in kaduna state that can stand the weight of Onitsha and Nnewi alone?Huh? Again you have not been to Awka city recently that explain your comparism with kaduna city. Awka may be small but it has some of the best architectures and modern edifices coupled with govt drive towards face-lifting the city. Kaduna is an old state that has suffered numerous religious crisis that has affected its economic activities and has discouraged investors. The only thing that still brings kaduna to the fore is dying NNPC refinery, outside that nothing is happening in that state.

"More and more ethnicity"

on: August 25, 2011, 12:12 PM

Yoroobas don suffer for this country. They have suffered for so long and yet smiling. After slaughtering their leaders Abioala and co, this time the almajiris wants to exterminate the entire SW thru food items, is it because they know that an average yorooba man is as lazy as baboon or that they are cowards. Nawaoo

"And now somebody was killed all you could say is":

on: Today 30/08/2011 at 07:01:03 AM

No, yorooba politics is DO OR DIE, and not Nigerian politics. Nigeria will be a better place minus yoroobas.

and this:

You must be a nincompoop and daft, its was the Igbos that took money to slaughter bola ige, it was the Igbos that took money to have abioala slaughtered by the almajiris?Huh?? Answer me animal?Huh?. The highest and most despicable level of ritualistic cult and blood suckers can only be seen in the yorooba land. How many cases of political killings have you heard in the Igboland. The politics of yorooba land centers on killing their people and leaders, the most useless tribe in Nigeria. Even the northern almajiris are better than you guys
The above statement highlighted in green shows you are clearly demented.
What happened to Okija Shrine. Is it in lagos? Or Ogun?

and this:

So only the igbos are immune to problems abi?
I actually wanted to tongue lash you but when I checked your profile and your posts, I discovered that you need help. And urgently too.
I pity the Anambra people if by some twist of fate you become their leader.
Son, Why dont you all do us a favour and get professional help before you become something else.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by KnowAll(m): 10:39am On Aug 30, 2011
@Chino11,

he is a good salesman man for Anambra States. They say empty bowls makes the most noise, I must admit I fell for his spell and his sweetened rhetoric’s about Anambra State, I had to do a goole check on Akwa, Nnewi and Ontisha and all I could see was a sea of ‘shanties’.(The boy is a good propagandist) if not for Google Image he would have taken me for one of his numerous 'mugus'.  cool
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by Doctorflaky(f): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2011
I love this forum as it gives room for pple 2give their opinion,  But I dont know y some pple will abuse it by passing out insult on each other. Even if an annoying comment is posted, I dont tink posting insult is the right thing.

Pls nairalanders, give out ur opinion on a topic not 2insult pple or tribes.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by aloyemeka2: 11:44am On Aug 30, 2011
A man is murdered and these jokers here are more interested in Igbo-Yoruba warfare.  About 25 posts and nobody has written a condolence message to his family.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by KnowAll(m): 11:51am On Aug 30, 2011
A man is murdered and these jokers here are more interested in Igbo-Yoruba warfare.  About 25 posts and nobody has written a condolence message to his family.

This is the classical high price you pay for politicking in Nigeria, someone somewhere almost always wants to step up to that post you are currently holding in all the states of the federation. Some unscrupulous people would go to any length at achieving it.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by Afam4eva(m): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2011
This has nothing to Yoruba but it has a lot to do with the south-west.The SW has the highest number of political assasination since 1999.
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2011
All these small small boys tribalist plenty for NL. May be that is what they inherit from their fathers
Re: Suspected Assassins Kill Party Leader In Ogun State by baksonlee: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2011
afam4eva:

This has nothing to Yoruba but it has a lot to do with the south-west.The SW has the highest number of political assasination since 1999.

Dude are you for real?

SHOCKING REVELATIONS OF BUHARI!!! / Photo: President Michelle Finally Responds To PMB / Nigeria Becomes A Member Of Islamic Military Alliance- Aljezera

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58