Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency (1160 Views)

2023: Is This JJ Omojuwa Tweet About Tinubu Accurate? / Bashir El-Rufai Tweets About Tinubu And El-Rufai's Alliance / ‘those Who Say I Don’t Have Stamina Can Say Something Else Now’ — Buhari Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Fujiyama: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2022
dominic17:
Osinbajo would have been a better candidate than Tinubu. With Osinbajo nobody would have considered an ethnicity, either Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or Efik.

^^^
undecided

Nigerians need to first of all be honest with themselves.

Osinbajo has been a VP for two terms. His government has done very poorly. That is the undiluted truth. If indeed he was a shining beacon in a sea of dull incompetents, he should have resigned long ago.

There is no way an honest man can criticize Buhari and exonerate Osinbajo. They are one and the same thing.
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Fujiyama: 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
AdeniyiA:
Osinbajo would have been the best candidate of APC, not this damaged product. Osinbajo would have dwarfed Peter Obi's popularity and there would have much respect for Tinubu if he had supported him but no, greed won't allow him do d right thing. Now scandals follow him everywhere.

^^^
Osinbajo has been VP for 8 years. History will not be kind to him. He was a decision maker at the highest level of this damaged APC government and he cannot be exonerated from the crimes of this administration.

After 8 years of chaos and drift, nobody should be talking of 'best candidate' of APC. Do you reward failure with more responsibility? undecided

After 8 years of wanton killings of peasant farmers across the country nobody should be talking of Osinbajo's popularity. Will his popularity resurrect the dead?

We cannot criticize Buhari and laud Osinbajo. It is impossible.

We cannot commend Osinbajo and mock Namadi Sambo as a 'ghost worker' and VP of a failed administration. It doesn't add up.

Nigerians need to view all the members of this administration with a critical eye. No sentiments! It was sentiments that got us into this mess of a Buhari administration in the first place!
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by dominic17: 4:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
Quite agree with you but his circumstances is understandable, the few months he was in charge when Buhari was on medical vocation we saw the difference. Economy improved but when Buhari came back he reversed the whole thing and caged him. Being a greed black man he didn't take the honourable Way by resigning. However, I still believe he is better than Tinubu.quote author=Fujiyama post=119103148]

^^^
undecided

Nigerians need to first of all be honest with themselves.

Osinbajo has been a VP for two terms. His government has done very poorly. That is the undiluted truth. If indeed he was a shining beacon in a sea of dull incompetents, he should have resigned long ago.

There is no way an honest man can criticize Buhari and exonerate Osinbajo. They are one and the same thing. [/quote]
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Fujiyama: 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2022
dominic17:
Quite agree with you but his circumstances is understandable, the few months he was in charge when Buhari was on medical vocation we saw the difference. Economy improved but when Buhari came back he reversed the whole thing and caged him. Being a greed black man he didn't take the honourable Way by resigning. However, I still believe he is better than Tinubu.

^^^
The part in bold font says it all. There's nothing more to add.
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Rolings: 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
dominic17:
Tinubu feels it is his turn to rule. A man who is behaving like he is already the president of the country. How could we welcome that? Nigeria should be more responsive to issues now than before. What is happening in our society? A man who you know that he is sick and shaking. A man who cannot pronounce umbrella. A man who will APV not PVC and you want him to represent you as your president. To me, that would be a total disgrace to the country. That is why I am saying in Nigeria we are doomed to the type of animals we are allowed to be our leaders. Ordinarily, people should come together and advise the man to step down, or else we are doomed with no rescue insight.

Let another person go in. Osinbajo would have been a better candidate than Tinubu. With Osinbajo nobody would have considered an ethnicity, either Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or Efik. That is my take on this issue.

So to me, Peter Obi is the most qualified among all the presidential candidates. There is no doubt about it. Whoever is saying the contrary is sleeping somewhere, and such people must be an alliance of criminals, and criminals conspired together.
what I can say about the indictment of Sen. Ahmed Tinubu by the United States on drug-related issues.
We have a questionable country. Otherwise, the DSS would have gone to investigate that matter.

I cannot say anything until the authority that is concerned does something about it. But let me tip in a bit.

To show how devilish our authority is. So devilish. You have such a seriously high-level allegation about someone who wants to contest as a president of a country. The very fundamental allegation, with a letter written to that effect. But the authority in the government do not think about it, and you are claiming that you are fighting corruption. How do you fight it? The thing has been reoccurring for the past 20 years. We could recall when he was to be a governor in Lagos state the indictment came up. They suppressed it. No matter how you try to suppress the truth one day it will raise its head once more. This is what will keep on hunting the country.

If he has such a bad reputation in America, how do you expect America to respect Nigeria? If he becomes the president America will view him as a criminal. He is a drug addict, and a drug pusher and the Nigerian government has not taken any action to confirm the allegation, rather you are sweeping it under the carpet. How do expect America to take us? This is a big question to ponder.
Vote wisely prosperity will judge all of us.

You people keep confusing and contradicting yourselves .
In one breath you claim Osinbajo would have been a better choice and in another breath claim PO is the best....on what basis other than both of them are Christians. You people have turned this election to religion thing....
If APC had chosen PYO..you still would have found something to use to condemn him like him being yoruba when igbos have not been president....Afenifere would still have not supported him and his being outgoing VP and a part of the government that brought so much sufferings would have been your reasons for opposing him.
The best reason to use in deciding the next president is capacity and competence and to me Asiwaju beats them all in that.
Meanwhile
Don't get distracted. The election is a class struggle and we the masses and electorates are their pawns. The three leading candidates all belong to the billionaires club...them just wan use our head to elect the next in that class to be class captain.
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by dominic17: 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
you are getting it mixed up, people said PO is the best because PYO is not in the raised if he was in the raise it would have been different.thank God you didn't mention character with Tinubu in same sentence which is must important attribute.however, if you chose Tinubu that's is your choice I have no problem with that but If you asked me I would say he is the worse candidate. I would advised you carry-out personal research objectively without baise on Obi & Tinubu achievements in office check projects deliveries and financing.check every indices of measuring government performance and make your choice.
Rolings:

You people keep confusing and contradicting yourselves .
In one breath you claim Osinbajo would have been a better choice and in another breath claim PO is the best....on what basis other than both of them are Christians. You people have turned this election to religion thing....
If APC had chosen PYO..you still would have found something to use to condemn him like him being yoruba when igbos have not been president....Afenifere would still have not supported him and his being outgoing VP and a part of the government that brought so much sufferings would have been your reasons for opposing him.
The best reason to use in deciding the next president is capacity and competence and to me Asiwaju beats them all in that.
Meanwhile
Don't get distracted. The election is a class struggle and we the masses and electorates are their pawns. The three leading candidates all belong to the billionaires club...them just wan use our head to elect the next in that class to be class captain.
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by AdeniyiA(m): 3:45am On Dec 13, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
Osinbajo has been VP for 8 years. History will not be kind to him. He was a decision maker at the highest level of this damaged APC government and he cannot be exonerated from the crimes of this administration.

After 8 years of chaos and drift, nobody should be talking of 'best candidate' of APC. Do you reward failure with more responsibility? undecided

After 8 years of wanton killings of peasant farmers across the country nobody should be talking of Osinbajo's popularity. Will his popularity resurrect the dead?

We cannot criticize Buhari and laud Osinbajo. It is impossible.

We cannot commend Osinbajo and mock Namadi Sambo as a 'ghost worker' and VP of a failed administration. It doesn't add up.

Nigerians need to view all the members of this administration with a critical eye. No sentiments! It was sentiments that got us into this mess of a Buhari administration in the first place!

Osinbajo is not the President and d bulk does not stop on his table. He has no constitutionally assigned role except one delegated by the President. An understanding of how Nigeria Presidency works would not make you blame the VP for the failure of this administration.

The little time he acted as President showed he has what it takes to be in charge...
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Fujiyama: 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2022
AdeniyiA:
Osinbajo is not the President and d bulk does not stop on his table.

^^^
No.

By this logic, the service chiefs, the IG, DIGs and AIGs, federal ministers, state governors, deputy state governors, commissioners and all other officials excluding Buhari are exempt from scrutiny, criticism or accountability to Nigerians. After all they are not the president and the buck stops only at his table, non? undecided

AdeniyiA:
He has no constitutionally assigned role except one delegated by the President.

^^^
This is disingenuous.

I don't know how this error about the vice president "having no constitutionally assigned role' gained traction. The constitution actually does assign a role to the VP! He takes over in the event of the death or incapacity of the president. He also takes over if the president is temporarily absent due to ill health. The VP advises the president and coordinates the activities of the president and ministers. These are constitutionally assigned roles!

AdeniyiA:
An understanding of how Nigeria Presidency works would not make you blame the VP for the failure of this administration.

^^^
undecided

Perhaps you can provide this much needed understanding of how Nigeria's presidency works.

Osinbajo (like other VPs before him) presides over national economic council meetings. He is the deputy chairman of the council of state, national security council and the national defence council. (These are constitutionally assigned roles, by the way.) With the considerable powers at his disposal to influence policy, you still believe VP Osinbajo is blameless for the failure of the administration? undecided
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Fujiyama: 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2022
Rolings:

^^^
No.

He is a very unsuitable candidate.

Nigerians should have learned their lessons from the current APC administration - an administration which Bola Tinubu played a big part in bringing to power. If we have learned nothing and forgotten nothing - and we elect yet another infirm, incompetent man to lead then we will all pay a heavy price. The choice is ours to make.

1 Like

Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Rolings: 10:29pm On Dec 16, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
No.

He is a very unsuitable candidate.

Nigerians should have learned their lessons from the current APC administration - an administration which Bola Tinubu played a big part in bringing to power. If we have learned nothing and forgotten nothing - and we elect yet another infirm, incompetent man to lead then we will all pay a heavy price. The choice is ours to make.

All the leading Candidates have all these characteristics now

An atiku will bring back PDP style of government characterised by graft and impunity and sale of commonwealth to cronies of people in government.
An Obi will be behaving like a kindergarten teacher being made to lecture university students overnight without capability... he will be a disaster all he will do is muddle things up make things worse

Its continuity that can guarantee stability at the moment. A new party coming to power with different ideology will erode gains made in some sectors and set us back in many areas.

Tinubu is the man that can bring stability to the polity now and that's who we need
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Fujiyama: 1:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
Rolings:
All the leading Candidates have all these characteristics now

^^^
undecided

And your point is...?

If they all have these characteristics then why should your candidate be picked over any other 'leading' candidate?

Rolings:
Its continuity that can guarantee stability at the moment.

^^^
The PDP made this same false argument about continuity and stability in 2015. The argument wasn't true then and it isn't true now. After all, the APC didn't allow arguments about continuity and stability to stop it from contesting for power and seizing control 8 years ago.

Rolings:
A new party coming to power with different ideology will erode gains made in some sectors and set us back in many areas.

^^^
grin

You don't know this to be true. Besides, it isn't your problem.

If Nigerians decide to elect a different party into power then so be it. Scaremongering won't cut it here.

There is one inescapable fact here: the APC is no longer the unknown quantity it was in 2015. Nigerians were fed up with the PDP in 2015 and they decided to give the APC a chance. Well...the scorecard is out after 8 years and the APC has also been an abject failure at leadership. It has been tested and found wanting. Why then should this abysmal failure be rewarded with additional leadership responsibility? It doesn't make sense.

Rolings:
Tinubu is the man that can bring stability to the polity now and that's who we need

^^^
No.

At the risk of sounding callous, I make bold to say that the man is having trouble keeping his own body mass stable - how then can he stabilize over 200 million souls?

There is no argument here. Bola Tinubu is the so called national leader of the APC - a party that has failed to deliver the goods to Nigerians. It would be very foolish of Nigerians to reward this failure to deliver with re-election of the party at the federal level with Tinubu as the flagbearer. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Rolings: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2022
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

And your point is...?

If they all have these characteristics then why should your candidate be picked over any other 'leading' candidate?

^^^
The PDP made this same false argument about continuity and stability in 2015. The argument wasn't true then and it isn't true now. After all, the APC didn't allow arguments about continuity and stability to stop it from contesting for power and seizing control 8 years ago.

^^^
grin

You don't know this to be true. Besides, it isn't your problem.

If Nigerians decide to elect a different party into power then so be it. Scaremongering won't cut it here.

There is one inescapable fact here: the APC is no longer the unknown quantity it was in 2015. Nigerians were fed up with the PDP in 2015 and they decided to give the APC a chance. Well...the scorecard is out after 8 years and the APC has also been an abject failure at leadership. It has been tested and found wanting. Why then should this abysmal failure be rewarded with additional leadership responsibility? It doesn't make sense.

^^^
No.

At the risk of sounding callous, I make bold to say that the man is having trouble keeping his own body mass stable - how then can he stabilize over 200 million souls?

There is no argument here. Bola Tinubu is the so called national leader of the APC - a party that has failed to deliver the goods to Nigerians. It would be very foolish of Nigerians to reward this failure to deliver with re-election of the party at the federal level with Tinubu as the flagbearer. A word is enough for the wise.

I feel your pain about APC....we all do.
But what is PDP bringing to the table. Their failure after 16 years led us to clamour for a change in 2015. If you will be fair...the economic indices since 2015 has been gloomy globally.....if APC had made as much money as pdp the result would have been different especially in the areas of economy....even at that the economic outlook woukd have been worse than this if not for the policies on agriculture especially that has ensured food supply stability.

Tinubu is the man for the job at this moment
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Fujiyama: 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2022
Rolings:
I feel your pain about APC....we all do.
But what is PDP bringing to the table. Their failure after 16 years led us to clamour for a change in 2015.

^^^
undecided

You're still bringing the PDP into the discussion? After 8 years?

Not surprising though. Buhari too does the same thing (mentioning the PDP at every turn) and Nigerians don't have time for all that nonsense. The APC led Buhari government was voted in to solve problems - not give excuses.

Rolings:
If you will be fair...
....if APC had made as much money as pdp the result would have been different....
....if not for the policies on agriculture especially that has ensured food supply stability....

^^^
grin

So many 'ifs'...

As someone once said..."if the queen had testicles she would be the king."

Nigerians are fed up with the lies, indifference and the excuses. After 8 years the excuses are flowing fast and furious. The Buhari led APC government has failed. Period. Its time to look elsewhere for solutions - the key thing though is to choose very carefully.

Rolings:

Tinubu is the man for the job at this moment

^^^
No he is not.

He is a deeply unsuitable candidate who is in a quandary. He can try to distance himself from the failure of the Buhari administration which he midwifed - and incur the wrath of the administration. Or...he can publicly promise to 'build on the successes undecided of the Buhari administration' and earn the ire of voters. Either way he is damned.

He could still win though. This is Nigeria after all. But if he does win...if he does win.... lipsrsealed
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Rolings: 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2022
Fujiyama:

He could still win though. This is Nigeria after all. But if he does win...if he does win.... lipsrsealed

I know You know deep in your heart Tinubu is the most likely winner of the election. Just get ready for a BAT presidency and i assure you it will be remarkably different from Buharis government.
Re: What I Can Say About Tinubu's Quest For Presidency by Fujiyama: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
Rolings:

I know You know deep in your heart Tinubu is the most likely winner of the election. Just get ready for a BAT presidency and i assure you it will be remarkably different from Buharis government.

^^^
I don't know who the most likely winner is. Even countries with advanced polling systems get it wrong - not to talk of a developing country like ours. Bola Ahmed Tinubu has a good chance of winning - perhaps better than most - I will concede that.

But is he the man for the job? The answer to that is a flat NO. I know that you also know deep in your heart Bola Tinubu is not the right man for this job. He doesn't have the character, the integrity, education, competence and soundness of mind and body required to do this assignment. That is the truth.

Nigeria has consistently had fourth rate leaders in a fifth rate structure - no surprises why we are still where we are. A Bola Tinubu presidency will not be an exception to that system. We all agree this country's structure is defective and needs reform but we have been unable to make that happen for over half a century. Perhaps because of that defective structure, we always have the worst thrown up into leadership positions, particularly at the federal level. A Bola Tinubu presidency will be a continuation of that terrible tradition.

You are right that a Bola Tinubu presidency will be remarkably different from a Buhari government - it will undoubtedly be much worse. The signs are already there. We cannot say we were not warned.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Kwara State Originally A Yoruba State / Leaders Of Islamic Groups Boycott Meeting With Tinubu In Kano / New Naira Notes, BVAS, Closing Of Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.