Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

How Do People Make It In Nigeria?? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do People Make It In Nigeria?? (446 Views)

Why Do People Make Money Mistakes Immediately They Hit Big Funds! / How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Make It In Nigeria?? by Iamyemmie: 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
So was just thinking this evening like how do people do it?
With this 8to 5 job?
Because I see people buying houses and cars and stuffs,how una Dey do am?
Cos I work in Lagos and earn like 180k monthly
If I struggle and save up 100k monthly (highly unrealistic tho)
It’s gonna take 10months to save up 1million shocked
How many years is it gonna take to buy car,buy house and stuff?

How are people doing it out here buying 50m house and stuffs
Omo I just tire o

1 Like

Re: How Do People Make It In Nigeria?? by harqinhola(m): 6:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
Iamyemmie:
So was just thinking this evening like how do people do it?
With this 8to 5 job?
Because I see people buying houses and cars and stuffs,how una Dey do am?
Cos I work in Lagos and earn like 180k monthly
If I struggle and save up 100k monthly (highly unrealistic tho)
It’s gonna take 10months to save up 1million shocked
How many years is it gonna take to buy car,buy house and stuff?

How are people doing it out here buying 50m house and stuffs
Omo I just tire o

There's a simple rule to making money "INVESTMENT " ! with 1 million naira capital , u can start up a side hustle that'll generate more income for you than 9- 5 u're doing .

i'll advise you invest in physical or tangible business . i'm not a fan of NFT , CRYPTO , FOREX etc . i'm not saying they don't work but they have high level of risk and you must calculate your risk too .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Make It In Nigeria?? by sholatech(m): 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2022
Nigeria has plenty problems. People are solving some of these problems and make money from it. Look for a problem to solve legitimately and solve it. Most of the commercial skyscrapers built in Lagos are from Legitimate incomes

1 Like

Re: How Do People Make It In Nigeria?? by Iamyemmie: 6:35pm On Dec 11, 2022
harqinhola:

There's a simple rule to making money "INVESTMENT " ! with 1 million naira capital , u can start up a side hustle that'll generate more income for you than 9- 5 u're doing .

i'll advise you invest in physical or tangible business . i'm not a fan of NFT , CRYPTO , FOREX etc . i'm not saying they don't work but they have high level of risk and you must calculate your risk too .

It’s the risks that scares me when it comes to investing
Cos I can’t struggle to save up money and then it fails
I go too cry
But I get you tho
It’s 50/50
Re: How Do People Make It In Nigeria?? by Thortp(m): 6:41pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bro, don't let the pressure weigh you down.

Invest or buy dollars to keep. That's your starting point.

And about the luxuries you see are mostly loans, fraud, rituals, politics, and so on. Few people make it legitimately in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Make It In Nigeria?? by ibechris(m): 11:15am On Dec 12, 2022
When I was working in the bank I also thought about life this way.

However,as i left,I saw a bigger world full of opportunities.

U need to save to invest before u can achieve anything concrete in this country.

If it can take u 12months to get 1million pls,u had better start.

If I can turn 300k from both I.T savings and Federal allowee to 80million in ten years,u can do it.

Don't look at people and don't be moved by what u hear but be disciplined with ur goals and ambition.

Remember that ur goals becomes ur compass which u can use to navigate the tides.

Finally,don't marry a liability...it would drain ur future and sap ur energy completely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Make It In Nigeria?? by ibechris(m): 11:18am On Dec 12, 2022
Thortp:
Bro, don't let the pressure weigh you down.

Invest or buy dollars to keep. That's your starting point.

And about the luxuries you see are mostly loans, fraud, rituals, politics, and so on. Few people make it legitimately in Nigeria

This is true.
I agree with u...that is why I mentioned earlier,that he should not be moved by what he sees or hears .
Re: How Do People Make It In Nigeria?? by Thortp(m): 1:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
Thumb up for few truthful people like you.
Thanks
ibechris:

This is true.
I agree with u...that is why I mentioned earlier,that he should not be moved by what he sees or hears .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Someone Should Suggest Me A Good Paying Hand Work / When Is The Post Jamb Result Of UNIBEN Coming Out? / In Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.