Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State (7118 Views)

BIAFRA: Ohanaeze Seeks Unconditional Release Of Radio Biafra Boss / BIAFRA: Ohanaeze Seeks Unconditional Release Of Radio Biafra Boss / Senate Seeks Creation Of North East Development Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by aloyemeka2: 9:05pm On Aug 29, 2011
[size=14pt]Ohanaeze seeks creation of Orimili State[/size]

From Uzoma Nzeagwu, Awka

THERE seems to be no end yet to the controversy trailing the clamour for new states in the country as the Ohanaeze Ndigbo at the weekend called for the creation of Orimili State out of the present Anambra State.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/aug/29/7.html

However, former Information Minister, Prof. Sam Oyovbaire, at the weekend in Asaba said there was no sense in the recent calls for the creation of new states.

Addressing journalists in Awka, the chairman, Ohanaeze Anambra State Committee on State Creation and the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe, stressed that the demand for Orimili State is Anambra people's plea to Nigeria for equity, justice and fair-play.

Achebe, in the company of Ohanaeze chieftains in Anambra, including the former Chief Judge of Anambra State, Justice Godwin Ononiba (rtd), Secretary, Anambra Elders Advisory Council (ASEC), Prince Chukwuemeka Onyesoh, Dr. Amanze Chinwuba, among others, noted that "the fundamental case for the creation of Orimili State is based on the need to achieve zonal equity in the political structure in the Federal Republic of Nigeria".

He observed that the North-West, North-East, North-Central, South-South and South-West zones have six states each while only the South-East has five states.

He argued that the discriminatory and inequitable implications of this structural imbalance has adversely affected the South-East in its entitlements to federal, ministerial and other appointments.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Chyz2: 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2011
Once again, ohanaeze have proved to be a bunch of dummies with no plan. Shameless fools.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by htajz: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
i dont believe all these news, infact its time to stop reading all these onlinenews they are filled with lies and beer palour gist how can you create another state from anambra only? it just does not make sense.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by aljharem3: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2011
what happened to anioma state again

they still want to divide anambra which is also a small state

do they not think it makes more political sense to get anioma and yet still have ikwerre in the SS

unless they want a very strong presence of Igbo in the SS which can also be to a political advanage
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by aljharem3: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2011
htajz:

i dont believe all these news, infact its time to stop reading all these onlinenews they are filled with lies and beer palour gist how can you create another state from anambra only? it just does not make sense.
Chyz*:

Once again, ohanaeze have proved to be a bunch of dummies with no plan. Shameless fools.

trust me this people are wise

it is a way of getting a 6th state and still want a very strong present in the SS politics

ok this is my analysis

if Anioma state is created, then the country would say there are no longer igbos in the SS and trust me ikwerri would NO LONG BE AN IGBO CLAN if anioma is taken to the SE
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by odumchi: 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2011
alj_harem:

trust me this people are wise

it is a way of getting a 6th state and still want a very strong present in the SS politics

ok this is my analysis

if Anioma state is created, then the country would say there are no longer igbos in the SS and trust me ikwerri would NO LONG BE AN IGBO CLAN if anioma is taken to the SE

Thats not quite true. First of all, i doubt the validity of this story. Another thing is that the present state-creation agenda wont create any states in the SE rather the main state that Ohanaeze and the Igbos are in support of is Anioma state.
Secondly, no one will say that there are no Igbos in SS. Ethnic identity is not that easy to wipe off. There are Hausas in Niger State outside the NW but is anyone denying that they are Hausa? No. Besides Igbo people from Rivers and Delta states are in top positions in Ohanaeze.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Chyz2: 12:09am On Aug 30, 2011
alj_harem:

what happened to anioma state again

they still want to divide anambra which is also a small state

do they not think it makes more political sense to get anioma and yet still have ikwerre in the SS

unless they want a very strong presence of Igbo in the SS which can also be to a political advanage

These people are not thinking as usual. I wouldnt doubt for a second that the ones trying to make a case for this failed stated proposal are from Anambra and want governmental appointments in that fantasy of a new state. They are selfish jokers. It is not strategic at all to carve a state out of Anambra. Thats just dumb. Anioma has not come out of these fools mouth not once. This tells you that they are not listening to the Igbo people who are in supple of Anioma state.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by ASANIGBO(m): 2:31am On Aug 30, 2011
THIS

IS

GOOD

IDEA

THEY

ARE

OK

Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by seedord247(m): 2:39am On Aug 30, 2011
what does that name mean??

Orimili . . . sounds like a witch craft name
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by kallopuma: 2:41am On Aug 30, 2011
ppl planting iroko at old age

we are talking about capital u are talking about state.

we give u ppl united state of baifara ok.    foolish ppl
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by kizito96(m): 2:52am On Aug 30, 2011
The bull dog of south east
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by ak47mann(m): 2:55am On Aug 30, 2011
oshimili state why oshimili state undecided
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Orblonde: 4:37am On Aug 30, 2011
Ohaneze has no leverage and will go quiet on the matter shortly, as usual, once the govt puts up a little resistance. I suspect they just started talking because they are worried that MASSOB may get a lot of grassroot goodwill in light of the recent percecutions thay are going through, potencually making them totally irrelevant as they are seen as almost Igbo elitist. True Igbo leadership will rise from the belle of the people, eventually. That is a major threat to the current crop of Ndi-igbo rulers whos stakeholders does not include the people
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Orblonde: 4:39am On Aug 30, 2011
Ohaneze needs to really work on the hearts and minds of the people as they seem to not have gained the trust of the people
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Relax101(m): 4:58am On Aug 30, 2011
This is Ohaneze in Anambra and not Ohaneze representing all ndigbo.
If they feel they deserve a state then they should go for it but common sense should tell them to have an anioma state.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Serendipity: 7:32am On Aug 30, 2011
Chyz*:

Chyz*:

I was stupefied at your display of crass ignorance, lack of etiquette and above all your contumeliousness.
The puerile content of your tosh comments bears witness to the fact that you are grossly irrational.
How could you have used such disparaging and derogatory adjectives on your fathers.
Wouldn't it have been acceptable if you had mildly dismissed their propositions, if you thought it meant no sense to you.
Another case of juveniles in this site.
Now let me commend the OHANAEZE, for mooting this as it is a step in the right direction.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Johnpaul2k2(m): 7:40am On Aug 30, 2011
Chyz*:

incompetent bigot like your wasted brain angry angry angry angry
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Afam4eva(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2011
Which one is Orimili state. I thought we all agreed on Anioma state.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Relax101(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2011
Serendipity:

I was stupefied at your display of crass ignorance, lack of etiquette and above all your contumeliousness.
The puerile content of your tosh comments bears witness to the fact that you are grossly irrational.
How could you have used such disparaging and derogatory adjectives on your fathers.
Wouldn't it have been acceptable if you had mildly dismissed their propositions, if you thought it meant no sense to you.
Another case of juveniles in this site.
Now let me commend the OHANAEZE, for mooting this as it is a step in the right direction.

Johnpaul2k2:

incompetent bigot like your wasted brain angry angry angry angry

Why are you all angry with chyz. He wants an Anioma state.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Diligence: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2011
Nigeria thrives in injustice: cld some1 explain the criteria for creating six or more states in other geo-political zone whereas SE has just 5? This is just one out of many. You see, if u continue treatg unfairly those whom God has chosen, there will be indeed no peace, progress and unity in Nigeria!

The earlier Nigerians know this the better for all!
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Abagworo(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2011
seedord247:

what does that name mean??

Orimili . . . sounds like a witch craft name

Lol.Orimiri,Orimini,Orimili.That's what Igbos traditionally call river Niger.Means "the river that swallows other rivers".
What this means is that the state will be a stretch of riverside settlements.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by igboboy1(m): 8:32am On Aug 30, 2011
ak47mann:

oshimili state why oshimili state undecided

nna ogini oshimili mere gi? Oshimili is not a bad idea grin
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 30, 2011
Instead of focusing on better things that supports national interest, here wasting time on Oshimili rubbish, is it with yam and palm wine the economy will be supported. Its a pity some Nigerians can't learn.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by vanunu: 10:29am On Aug 30, 2011
All these small small boys and girls in this forum who are against the creation of another state from the southeast, are just totally ignorant. do you people know how many billions the southeast lose because they have just five states. As for people talking of Anioma state, even if Anioma State is created today, people from the southeast will still clamor for another state, and you don,t blame them because geographically, Anioma is in the southsouth.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Orblonde: 10:42am On Aug 30, 2011
Ohaneze is never taken seriously and they will very shortly drop the subject once they have breen given some pacifier in the form of a "small token gesture" ( u know now  lipsrsealed ) and I think MASSOB should now represent Igbo interests as they have shown their willingness to die for the Igbo people. Ohaneze is just an elite group that has made no attempt to get buy-in from the masses whereas MASSOB rose from the people like OPC etc, but without the violence. Ohaneze is just trying to capture the headlines as MASSOB is appearing more and more credible to the people. One does not have to support the splitting up of the country to support some of the key agendas of that peaceful group. MASSOB people have suffered allot for their peaceful views and in any civilised country they would not be 'shot on site' or arrested. Does Nigeria not know that real federalism and a SNC would make MASSOB go away? MASSOB is like the SNP in the UK (the political afiliated wing is APGA) and not the IRA that MEND, Boko Haram and OPC is more likened to. Infact, on second thoughts, I am willing to say that OPC does not resort to violence in these current times and has gained the faith of the great Yoruba people more then the "Egbe omo Oduduwa" type of group, correct  me if I'm wrong. I have a lot of respect for the Youruba's political strategy and I feel its actually the north that is holding the nations progress back as they are paranoid of any true federal system of SNC. It is a pathetic distration for the Yourubas and Igbos to always be rowing on NL when they have so much more in common, i suppose its just brotherly rivalry because they do seem to get on quite well anytime I see groups of them together
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by KnowAll(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2011
I have said it the ‘SEastern Igbo’s do not love, have never loved, and would not start loving an ‘Anioma’ Igbo or an Ikwerre Igbo. Can you imagine them pushing for a state within the SE instead of them fighting for their brothers cause across the River Niger.

If the Igbo tribe were given the choice to produce one Igbo man for a high level appointment, be rest assured and I am not mincing words here,  that Igbo would not be an Ikwerre man or an Anioma man. The Anioma and Ikwerre man should know by now that they would be carrying their own crosses in this hot bed called Nigeria and not rely on any SEasterners to bear their pain.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 30, 2011
vanunu:

All these small small boys and girls in this forum who are against the creation of another state from the southeast, are just totally ignorant. do you people know how many billions the southeast lose because they  have just five states. As for people talking of Anioma state, even if Anioma State is created today, people from the southeast will still clamor for another state, and you don,t blame them because geographically, Anioma is in the southsouth.  
Since I am a small ignorant boy, please enlighten me and tell me how they will be making billions if the new states are created and what is stopping them from doing so now. undecided
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by REVOLUTNIS: 11:26am On Aug 30, 2011
@serendipity. How could you have used such a disrespectful
word on elders, if you don't agree with their stand on state
creation in south east would it not be good you ignore and
not to comment on it than calling them shameless fools.
these shows you may not have bn fathered by any responsible
man. rude fellows like you will soon be kill by boko haram
because they are against ppl who insult elders too,
HE-GOAT,
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Greenslim: 11:26am On Aug 30, 2011
Chyz*:

Learn to see things from the positive  first.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by EKOboy1: 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2011
You don't need new states to develop any area. What you need is the Intellectual capability of the Governors of the states. A lot of Governors are at best examples of how not to govern. Imagine if Rivers state had governors like amechi 20 years ago, the place would be like Dubai today. What has been done to the present states? Nothing, zero, !!!! In this era of PPP's ( Public Private Partnership) they are asking for new states yet the ones on the ground cannot cater for themselves.
Re: Ohanaeze Seeks Creation Of Orimili State by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2011
plzzz! I beg Nigeria in d name of God!! No more creation of states! Enough of d division. A bulk of d existing states can hardly survive without federal allocation. Am tired of all dis state creation bullshit! Mere greed n selfish interest. Look here!!! Old men wif no ideas, we r nigerians doesn't mean we r retards.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Begin Another Civil War To Resist Breakaway ND Republic / See Guns Israel Gave Nnamdi Kanu Today PICS / Breaking: Rt Hon Edward Uchenna Emerges The Speaker Of The 7th Assembly Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.