Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,171 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency (9153 Views)

PDP Senator, Nnamani Attacks Reuben Abati, Restates Support For Tinubu / Buhari's Face As Ogbonnaya Onu Cried For South East Presidency / Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by AntiTerrorist: 8:30am On Dec 12, 2022
•As Obasanjo, Adebanjo, others eulogise Nwodo at 70 The Middle Belt Forum (MBF), said, yesterday, that the North Central zone of the country is committed to supporting a president of South East extraction for the purpose of fairness, equity and justice. This is as former President, Olusegun Obasanjo; Leader of Afenifere, Pa Ayo Adebanjo; former…
•As Obasanjo, Adebanjo, others eulogise Nwodo at 70

The Middle Belt Forum (MBF), said, yesterday, that the North Central zone of the country is committed to supporting a president of South East extraction for the purpose of fairness, equity and justice.

This is as former President, Olusegun Obasanjo; Leader of Afenifere, Pa Ayo Adebanjo; former Ambassador, Godknows Igali eulogised ex-President General, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, who marked his 70th birthday, yesterday.

President of MBF, Dr. Bitrus Poga, stated, at a colloquium, held as part of the 70th birthday celebration of Nwodo, that “Peter Obi will be the first democratically elected president of Nigeria from South East extraction.”

At the event attended by the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Obi, he insisted that the “rest of the country should give peace a chance by voting Obi as the next president.”

Pogu, who commended Nwodo over his role in the emergence of Obi as presidential candidate from the South East, noted that, hopefully, the LP candidate remained the choice of Middle Belt and Afenifere.

He said: “We have said it again and again that in the interest of equity, fairness and justice, the president should come from the South, particularly, the South East.”

“In the middle Belt, we are with Obi for a better Nigeria.

‘When Obi emerges, Nwodo will stand by him as one of the persons who played a major role in presenting him to us.”

Earlier, at a church service held as part of the occasion, Obasanjo said that Nwodo has contributed immensely to the growth and development of his community, Enugu State and the country at large; hence, he deserved to be celebrated.

“We have come here to celebrate and make merry for what God has done for our brother. We pray that God will keep him so he can continue to make meaningful contributions to growth of the country,” Obasanjo said.

Also, the Afenifere Leader, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, extolled the uncommon trait of Nwodo to build bridges and friendships across the country.

Adebanjo said that Nwodo had stood out for peace and equity of all parts and ethnicity of the country, adding he had done that by words and actions.

https://guardian.ng/news/middle-belt-restates-support-for-obi-south-east-presidency/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by Tochi3(m): 8:32am On Dec 12, 2022
Cry go start now grin

142 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by chatinent: 8:34am On Dec 12, 2022
Human government is a failure already.
Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by NwaIdeato: 8:34am On Dec 12, 2022
God bless our Middle Belt brothers, the love and commitment they've shown to Obi has been organic and pure, including the Edo people in the South South (we shall remain indebted to you amazing people)...my next visit will be Benue when I'm done with my project here in Gombe.

135 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by Abfinest007(m): 8:35am On Dec 12, 2022
Is no more neck pressing but neck folding

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by iSense247: 8:45am On Dec 12, 2022
chatinent:
Human government is a failure already.
Are you an urchin? grin

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by unclejb2(m): 8:48am On Dec 12, 2022
This is our only chance to get things right in Nigeria and we are going to make the maximum use of it by voting massively for Peter Obi

A new Nigeria is possible

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by newnet: 9:26am On Dec 12, 2022
Good

6 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by benuejosh: 9:26am On Dec 12, 2022
Okay o
Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by kk2027: 9:26am On Dec 12, 2022
First it is the turn of the South

PYO would've been good to go but BAT refused to rest

On my pastor's proclamation I stand "We cannot hand a sick country to a sick president"

Tribalists should just rest

Obidatti all the way

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by franchasng: 9:26am On Dec 12, 2022
It is so unfortunate that some of my dear Yorubas refused to reason logically and do what is just and right.

Osinbajo a Yoruba man will be completing 8 years as VP. Obasanjo a Yoruba man completed 8 years as President in 2007 yet my Yoruba brothers refuse to let justice and equity prevail in Southern Nigeria by throwing their great support behind Peter Obi an over qualified candidate that will help turn things around for all of us, instead they are allowing Bola Tinubu to be polluting their minds with greed for power that ought to go to their Igbo neighbors.

Anyway, if man refuses to do what's just and right, God and nature will help man to uphold justice cool

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by Technomics: 9:27am On Dec 12, 2022
African countries are aware, they are watching.
We are their big brother

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by Sabadon(m): 9:27am On Dec 12, 2022
Obi for you, Obi for me, Obi for a better Nigeria

#Labour party Dattis sure

18 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by FrancescoFarino(f): 9:27am On Dec 12, 2022
Peter The Rock!

13 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by Ladiesdoctor(m): 9:27am On Dec 12, 2022
I want Peter Obi to win the 2023 Presidential election
Peter Obi is capable
Peter Obi is the best candidate
Peter Obi is intelligent

But the problem here, Peter Obi will not win the 2023 Presidential election

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by dynicks(m): 9:29am On Dec 12, 2022
E choke!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by JoeNL22(m): 9:29am On Dec 12, 2022
For with GOD, President Omoluabi Ahmed Obi must be Possible. Datti's a Fact!

Nitoripe pelu OLORUN, Aare Omoluabi Ahmed Obi gbodo le se, Òótọ́ niyẹn!

N'ihi na n'ebe CHINEKE nọ, Onye isi ala Omoluabi Ahmed Obi ga-enwerịrị ike, Nke ahụ bụ Eziokwu!

Domin tare da ALLAH, dole ne shugaba Omoluabi Ahmed Obi ya zama mai yiwuwa, Wannan Gaskiya ne!

فبوجود الله يجب أن يكون الرئيس أمولابي أحمد أوبي ممكناً. هذه حقيقة!

Car avec DIEU, le Président Omoluabi Ahmed Obi doit être Possible, C'est un Fait!

This message is brought to you by;
The Cummissioner, Southwest citizens for President Omoluabi Obi.
IFEOLUWA OSHO..

6 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by tamdun: 9:32am On Dec 12, 2022
I laugh in Swahili,hope Kwara,kogi and Niger are not part of the middle belt,obi won't win any state in north,not even Benue that made the highest noise...

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by bonnyhope: 9:32am On Dec 12, 2022
Obi is the best among them

I urge all reasonable Nigerians

This is another chance to get it right

11 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by BOLATINUBU01: 9:33am On Dec 12, 2022
He will still fail
Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by BOLATINUBU01: 9:33am On Dec 12, 2022
franchasng:
It is so unfortunate that some of my dear Yorubas refused to reason logically and do what is just and right.

Osinbajo a Yoruba man will be completing 8 years as VP. Obasanjo a Yoruba man completed 8 years as President in 2007 yet my Yoruba brothers refuse to let justice and equity prevail in Southern Nigeria by throwing their great support behind Peter Obi an over qualified candidate that will help turn things around for all of us, instead they are allowing Bola Tinubu to be polluting their minds with greed for power that ought to go to their Igbo neighbors.

Anyway, if man refuses to do what's just and right, God and nature will help man to uphold justice cool
ontop every insult u people throw at my incredible (yoruba)race,just because we support TINUBU

Una go cry tire

4 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by Xbobtage: 9:34am On Dec 12, 2022
bonnyhope:
Obi is the best among them

I urge all reasonable Nigerians

This is another chance to get it right
Your brain lets you know that you are about to take what is not yours, cheating and stealing is something even a child would know is wrong without anyone ever telling them.

What is also wrong is intentionally encouraging or supporting a Thief or a Cheat or Bully. You are also committing the same Offence in the Eyes of God.

[b]Amongst the Top Presidential Aspirants Obi is light years better by every yard stick, Just imagine rather than the usual Stealing allegations, What we are hearing is complaints that he saved 85 Billion Naira(honestly an equivalent of over 300 Billion at todays exchange rate) or he is too stingy, on the other thread a commenter was arguing seriously about how Peter Obi could have remembered that he played football with Peter Odilli and he shouldnt be voted for based on this.

Nigerians have simply because of Tribalism forgotten that we are a country of dangerously corrupt officials who are out there to literally eat you alive whether you are related to them or not.

Peter Obi could have simply not moved forward beyond the PDP Primaries and this country would have already moved into a pathway to darkness because of greedy politicians who would rather sink this country for their selfish reason. Let no one deceive you, Tribalism is as dangerous as Corruption, Marginalization of any section especially a major section of our country is guaranteed path to our destruction. You may not like it but rotation of presidency between the zones is very important to our stability as a nation. Anyone trying to convince otherwise has sold their conscience.

In true spirit of One Nigeria, and the belief that NO one tribe in this United project is a Slave to another, We should all be supporting Peter Obi. If these other political parties were bringing out really outstanding contestants people like Amina Mohammed, or Adesina of AFDB Bank or Okonjo Iweala, then we can maybe think about it as whether it is worth it that a major Nigerian Tribe is being left out of the presidential contest but instead imagine the kind of Presidential Aspirants these people expect us to sell our conscience for. If truly BAT wins this election which is very unlikely the turn can only back to the south in 16years, this is going to be 16 years of tribal insurgency and restiveness coming from disenfranchised youths from that region, all so that a person with a resume like BAT can be president?

The screams of marginalisation and Bigotism against the igbos by their people is killing the morale of the Nigerian Project, tearing our acountry apart, chasing away Foreign Investments and giving this country an Overall Bad Outlook.

No single person who considers theirself a Child of God, or a Good Person who believes in fairness and Equity should be cheering or enabling any one or group who is behind this Marginalization of a Major tribe of our Country. We have to move beyond the history of the Civil War so this country can heal and an Igbo president is a good way to do that. Dont make your decision based on insult online posters because you want to purnish them. If the fact that Obi is a young, corrupt free prudent manager of money is not good enough for you, then vote him because of your that nice igbo neighbor, or customer or childhood friend or teacher or that Igbo policeman at the round about under rain and under sun, let them know that we are all in this together,

The fact that Obi is still running leaves the door of the possibility to right this wrong open, knowing he is a Prudent, Humble and genuinely good person is an additional icing on the cake.

This country is our only home, dont let Greedy politicians steal your conscience for a piece of cake.

God Bless us all

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by Crystalom5: 9:35am On Dec 12, 2022
One urchin once told me that because Tinubu has Lalong in his team, he automatically owns middle belt.

Quite funny. The middle belt is the most diverse regions in the country. No single governor can "deliver them" to any party.

4 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by BOLATINUBU01: 9:35am On Dec 12, 2022
tamdun:
I laugh in Swahili,hope Kwara,kogi and Niger are not part of the middle belt
no mind them grin

1 Like

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by Naira20: 9:36am On Dec 12, 2022
Lol
Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by Mummiesboy: 9:36am On Dec 12, 2022
Urchins were are thou when you are needed most? grin

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by franchasng: 9:36am On Dec 12, 2022
BOLATINUBU01:
ontop every insult u people throw at my incredible (yoruba)race,just because we support TINUBU

Una go cry tire
"if man refuses to do what's just and right, God and nature will help man to uphold justice" - Franchasng 2022 cool

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by Peterobi90: 9:38am On Dec 12, 2022
The Middle belt is fighting for survival...the APC has not done them good, the Fulani tribe has not either.. its justifiable for their hope to rest on Peter Obi...

3 Likes

Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by tamdun: 9:39am On Dec 12, 2022
BOLATINUBU01:
no mind them grin
The guy no go win any state for north,not even Benue where they carry am for head
Re: Middle Belt Restates Support For Obi, South-East Presidency by 5iine: 9:39am On Dec 12, 2022
Nasarawa, Abuja, Benue, plateau,and some part of Taraba is for OBI
I have been to those places and I know how they reason.

Obi should just forget kwara, Niger state, Kaduna and some part of kogi state.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Breakdancing (pics) / EFCC Traces N1bn Property To Timipre Sylva / Buhari's Rumored Death: Google Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.