Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again (26196 Views)

Man Lost His Properties 2 Years After His Nigeria Wife Joined Him In Uk(vid,pix) / Hauwa, Adam Nuru Wife Is Not Planning To Divorce Him, Stands With Her Husband / Lady Hails Father Who Lost His Hands But Still Works As A Builder (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by FireUpNow(m): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2022
Adams Oshiomhole did it after the death if his first wife but the second time was a disaster. Your man can hit the go button because na man he be
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Desusi: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2022
Jennyclay:
Haba! Kilode! A year is too early for him to start a new relationship. How are we sure he didn't kill his wife just to marry another woman... You know you men can't be trusted.
Atleast 3-5years is okay before he can move on
Exactly, my sister.it implies that he didn't ruminate over her past relationship with his wife.it took me five solid years before l remarried.l was in delirium for 3yrs,taken responsibility single handedly fot 3 children.

1 Like

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by LOVEGINO(m): 7:00pm On Dec 13, 2022
Jennyclay:
Haba! Kilode! A year is too early for him to start a new relationship. How are we sure he didn't kill his wife just to marry another woman... You know you men can't be trusted.
see Eve product dey talk.

1 Like

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by maureensylvia(f): 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2022
Zonefree:
If talk say na em go before em wife, the wife for don remarry since March this year.

To the best of my knowledge zonefree, it takes time for wife to remarry...some go as far as remaining single for life
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by meobizy(f): 7:04pm On Dec 13, 2022
Older people don finish for your life wey you carry the query come here? Is that how you children do things?

Poor man never get money but he don turn thirty, everybody dey worry am make he marry. He don carry wife now, them say make he impregnate am fast. Them say pikin na blessing wey dey bring good luck. One child later, nothing. Another child, still nothing.

Money no dey to feed him family. He ask those neighbours and relatives for money to feed. Them ask am “now wey you get wife and children, them cut your hand? My lazy friend, go and look for a means to feed.” He for no better as single man? At least one square meal a day for sustain am.

My story means he shouldn’t listen to third parties for advice to live life. Those people will push him away in hard times to face things squarely. If he doesn’t feel ready for a new wife, his mother’s recommendation should sound like drops falling into an ocean; meaningless at best.
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Odumoye(m): 7:05pm On Dec 13, 2022
@Jennyclay This table wey you dey shake so, I just hope say your hand go fit contain am.
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Zonefree(m): 7:09pm On Dec 13, 2022
maureensylvia:

To the best of my knowledge zonefree, it takes time for wife to remarry...some go as far as remaining single for life
Not a young wife.
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by vikstandon(m): 7:19pm On Dec 13, 2022
The man don try... Let him remarry.

How long you stay before you remarry is not a measure of how much you love your spouse.
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Iree1(m): 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2022
Jennyclay:
What sort of reply is this.... Check ur mind pls

1 Like

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by sharone21(f): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
Some ladies comment anyhow on sensitive issues on Nairaland because of 'the hand some of the badly raised men started'.

Whatever decision he will take, he should seek the will of God so he gets a woman who will love his son like hers if not, maybe his mum will now be the one to raise this kid. Any child that the mum isn't in that house usually suffers, so he should ask God for a non pretentious, loving wife.... He should also pray continuously for money to be in the family, this binds many family even with different mothers/father's.

My late grand father's mum died when he was young....my great grand father waited till he was married@26 years and started giving birth before he got married and gave birth to other children. My granddad's children are older than their Step/ half uncles(and aunt), they call my granddad's children aunty/uncle..... It is very rare for men.

Marriage contract ends after the death of a spouse whether for a man/woman, only when there are no fond memories will one of them quickly remarry eg for the woman or if the person didn't procreate and needs to start doing it due to age( again for the woman).... Some women don't want to start answering to any man again and may not be too excited about sex....But for men, this isn't the case as such.... But, try not to marry a woman that will come and start giving birth like there was no child before so that u won't have extra to spare to the first kid.... Prayer+ wisdom is profitable.

1 Like

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by OdefaGirl(f): 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2022
Zonefree:
If talk say na em go before em wife, the wife for don remarry since March this year.

It's a lie please unless in your place there's no respect and no culture guiding people. Let's stop this too much abuse on our women because I see no sense in it. We all know very well that it's the men that move on easily when they loose their partners.

3 Likes

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Munzy14(m): 7:49pm On Dec 13, 2022
DouyeEbi:
Hi Nairalander,
A friend of mine lost his wife about a year ago.... October 2021 to be precise.
He has a son who has been with him since the incident...
His Mon is now telling him to get married again because of his son.
He is now asking me if it too early to start a serious relationship that can lead to marriage.
I say let me bring it here for advice.
Thanks
His mom shouldn't be the one to push him, he needs to allow everything happen naturally with a lady who is actually ready to be a mom to his son and hers that will come.

If not, a mistake with wrong lady will see him divide his home immediately.

I have two close friends in the same situation, one has 3kids sef..He don see shege banza with single parenting. And the mom is the over weight type so she isn't helping matters.

Another factor is how deeply connected he had with his late wife, this will determine how long he will take to come out of it and become available for another lady to enter..

Losing a deeply connected partner is really heart breaking.

1 Like

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Qatar2022: 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2022
Oluneutral:

Your hatred for female genders will consume you. I wonder how you relate with your female relatives, including your mother and sisters, (if you have any)

Every sane person knows it takes women more time to move on after the demise of their husbands than it is for men.

@op, marital contract expires at the demise/death of a party, so, he can move on.
Did you read what female gender is saying above
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by hamzeiy: 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2022
Jennyclay:
Some people and there short foresight...
He is over due for marriage.
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by aktolly54(m): 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2022
Oluneutral:

Your hatred for female genders will consume you. I wonder how you relate with your female relatives, including your mother and sisters, (if you have any)

Every sane person knows it takes women more time to move on after the demise of their husbands than it is for men.

@op, marital contract expires at the demise/death of a party, so, he can move on.
oko oloyun Ex wife remarry less than 2yrs , how can we be sure she wasn't dating after six month of ex husband death? Woman can stay too long without sex
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by everythinggirly(f): 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2022
Nigerian men sha... He should follow his heart, and pray to God about it.
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by jmichael259(m): 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
DouyeEbi:
Hi Nairalander,
He is now asking me if it too early to start a serious relationship that can lead to marriage.
Thanks

"Till death do us part" is the vow of marriage. A year is okay if he needs to.

It must be his decision to marry not because his mum said so. It will be a horrible experience if he gets any woman without being mentally prepared or emotionally attached to the union.

Having a son is a big deal too. Should be careful to get a motherly woman not the ones that by tomorrow will seek to exterminate him or divide the home for inheritance or rights of first sonship.

etc etc

1 Like

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2022
See as JennyClay just dey collect left, right and center grin

1 Like

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by neonly: 8:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
Story a particular man very rich with plenty estate opposite military barrack married two months after his wife died
Life goes on abeg
I know wan mention name
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by berbs112(m): 8:46pm On Dec 13, 2022
I'm in similar situation. I lost my wife after the delivery of my baby girl, she is my second child.

I lost her due to complications after child birth. It'll be two years by February 2023.

I have been doing the do after 6months cos body no be firewood but I'm not in a rush for marriage but I have a steady lady whom I feel satisfied that she'll be a good mom for my kids.

My delay in marrying again is that, considering the situation of our country, I don't want another baby but due to this our mentality, she is in the opinion she must have my own kid too.

She's had a baby too (single mom) I'm willing that will train our kids together but I don't want anymore but she wants at least a baby for me.

I'm taking my time, we aren't in a rush, as a matter of importance we decided to opt for family planning to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

Back to what the op is asking, this is a personal decision. The guy knows what's best for him.

1 Like

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by berbs112(m): 8:49pm On Dec 13, 2022
This is my issue exactly! I'm deeply connected to my late wife!
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by SURElee(f): 8:59pm On Dec 13, 2022
DouyeEbi:
Hi Nairalander,
Thanks

So? Till death do you part.
He can't mourn her forever and life has to go on. My only advice is he ends up with a woman that will not maltreat his son. If not eh, he will hear it and the son will suffer in his father's house if the man isn't vigilant to observe things.
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Gagare1(m): 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2022
My brother in-law remarried barely three months after his wife - the mother of his five children - died. She died of breast cancer.

I expected him to at least wait a year.

So, you see, your friend tried.
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Skmoda360(m): 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2022
DouyeEbi:
Hi Nairalander,
Thanks
Actually it's you bro....don't use that gimmick here, we know well enough.
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Fancy4e: 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2022
Zonefree:
well my mum is been a widow for over 28yrs without any man to her self…..so quit saying nonsense, cause women can do without sex or a man

2 Likes

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by 77up(m): 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2022
You can get marry but I pity that little one in advance cry
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by frozen70(f): 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2022
vvvbobby205:

He is marrying for both of them. This is why he has to choose a woman who will be a good wife to him and a good mother to his son

I know that
But the statement was because of his son and you and I knows that it's for him

It takes grace of God to get a woman that will embrace a step child, with the kind of crazy things happening

1 Like

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Ebymyk(m): 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2022
All this people pressuring him to remarry should back off.. He should focus on his son, build his childs life first, that's priority, my father remarried and our lives was messed up because of the kind of terrible woman he chose.... Some women are like troubles waiting to happen... Let that child not come and have a bad life, just because of a foolish decision to remarry... Please advice him to hold on and focus on building his child's life first, let 1 useless woman not come and destroy that peaceful family....
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by alloy123: 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2022
U de run ur mouth like running water in this platform.Which kind accusation be that?
Jennyclay:
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Slurity(m): 10:43pm On Dec 13, 2022
DouyeEbi:
Hi Nairalander,
Thanks
and You think the answers you get here is what will help you guys decide? Learn to please yourselves than please others
Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 13, 2022
Jennyclay:
Haba now! I read your comment few minutes ago on post about a lady that was murdered, u happened to be a Muslim, is that what we were taught? If a wife or husband died, the other spouse should put their life on hold and continue to mourn for 3-5 years? So now after one year, he can't remarry? If he does it means he killed the wife? Its not only men that can't be trusted, women included. Bad behavior is not limited to a gender my dear. After idah which is 4 months and 11 days, you are permitted to remarry, if its a pregnant woman that lost her husband, the idah ends the day she gives birth.

I am not here religion wise, I just need to site some important points and I do not mean any offense, my apologies, if you're offended.

1 Like

Re: Lost His Wife About A Year Ago, Planning To Go Into Relationship Again by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2022
I think its not ideal to come online and seek opinions but at the same time, some comments are quite therapeutic, some, encouraging, some disheartening, some insulting and offensive, some hilarious and sometimes u can actually fine the answers.

I think 1 year is enough to mourn a spouse, you've got to move on but u should do what u think is right. There is no course of action u take that we human being will not find faults in, no matter what u do, they will still have negative things to say. You're not living your life for anyone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My 43yrs Old Uncle Is Rich But Still Single / Its Children's Day: Upload A Pix Of Your Kid/siblings And Send Them A Shout Out / How To Know That You Are Hanging Around A Wicked Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.