Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) (2720 Views)

US Reaches Out To Olowookere Victor Who Scored 8 A's In WAEC & Bagged 1st Class / SA Daycare Suddenly Has Tigers Living Next Door, Looking Over The Wall (PIX) / FG Reaches Agreement With ASUU, Releases N15.4bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 7:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
Kim MacCallum was a woman dedicated to her family and to supporting good causes. A single mom to her daughter Morgan and her little farm made up of two cats, two dogs and two bunnies. Kim was known for her love of giving back and even more so, for founding the Golden Harvest Parkrun in her area.

Kim sadly passed away on the 4th of December 2022, after being struck by a car. She had been out on a charity run that day and was on her way home when the accident happened. She was rushed to hospital where she was found to be in a coma. Her daughter Morgan had three more exams to complete so the family rallied to support both Kim and Morgan during the most trying week of their lives.

Morgan completed her final exam on the Friday and rushed to the hospital to be with her mom. Sadly, the doctors had conducted several tests and it became clear that Kim was braindead. Kim’s sister Mandy Bittkau Wright shared that Kim held on long enough so that Morgan could focus on her exams.

Mandy shared that Kim gave back in so many ways and had just recently given her 99th blood donation. The sisters had joked that the 100th one should be done naked, a joke that Mandy holds dear to her heart now. Kim was also an organ donor. Sadly, as she passed so suddenly on the Sunday, the 4th of December, there just wasn’t enough time for her to donate her organs. However, Kim’s tissues were collected and a total of 70 people have benefitted from her donation.

Kim and Morgan had a deep bond, one even the nurses commented on during their time helping the family.

Morgan had voiced her wish to have her mom cremated and then pressed into a diamond. Something she could wear close to her heart for the rest of her life. Mandy and the family looked into this option and found that it was very expensive. They spoke to Morgan about it and Morgan decided to set up a crowdfund to make the diamond.

She needs to raise 50,000 rands (1.3 million naira) which will cover the cost of the process. Mandy was absolutely blown away when she saw that in a matter of days, people had helped raise R30,000 (N760,000) towards Morgan’s wish.

“The community that Kim touched with her love and joy is doing amazing stuff, less than 48 hours after starting our BackaBuddy to raise funds for Morgan’s wish we are at R30k.”

On 12 December 2022 the target of R50,000 was reached.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by garriAndsugar: 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2022
Well.!!.. I have nothing to say

1 Like

Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Egosoonstew: 8:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
How our naira has gone down the drain!

5 Likes

Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by illicit(m): 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ashes to diamonds
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by habsydiamond(m): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2022
50k southy money 1.3milllion naira... economy don crash like MMM since independence oo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
habsydiamond:
50k southy money 1.3milllion naira... economy don crash like MMM since independence oo

SA still uses coins. Even just redesigned for 2023.

https://www.nairaland.com/7451196/south-africa-also-redesigned-money

Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by habsydiamond(m): 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2022
WannaHowzit:

SA still uses coins. Even just redesigned for 2023.

https://www.nairaland.com/7451196/south-africa-also-redesigned-money

that's a country that has foundation, planning and strategy unlike our without bearing... at a time a naira is more than a dollar... see where we are today.. 700+naira to one dollar.. na life be that.. ur economy don crumble oo

2 Likes

Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Freestainworld(m): 4:18am On Dec 13, 2022
News of the day
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by polite2(m): 7:32am On Dec 13, 2022
My concern is our naira

1 Like

Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Nursepepeye(f): 8:44am On Dec 13, 2022
polite2:
My concern is our naira
I gave a woman New #1000 note in the market, she threw the money back at me claiming it's fake.
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by yocap98147(m): 9:42am On Dec 13, 2022
Na everyday person dey read funny news
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by dominique(f): 9:59am On Dec 13, 2022
I wanted to comment how ridiculous this was but after reading the article, I must say she absolutely deserved it! A woman with a heart of gold while alive and was also of huge benefit to people even in death. She deserves to be converted into a rare gem she was.

1 Like

Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Manna4Gurls: 10:30am On Dec 13, 2022
Nursepepeye:
I gave a woman New #1000 note in the market, she threw the money back at me claiming it's fake.
E never reach my side pa o!
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Mrtaye: 11:21am On Dec 13, 2022
Nursepepeye:
Really I haven't set my eyes on it
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Nursepepeye(f): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2022
Manna4Gurls:

E never reach my side pa o!
if you withdraw #100k in Gtbank, they will add 1pcs for you
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Nursepepeye(f): 11:32am On Dec 13, 2022
Mrtaye:

Really I haven't set my eyes on it
if you withdraw #100k from gtbank, they will give you 1pcs
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Mrtaye: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2022
Nursepepeye:
if you withdraw #100k from gtbank, they will give you 1pcs
Okay you mean a piece of 1k new note out of the 100k
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Nursepepeye(f): 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2022
Mrtaye:

yes
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Lamanii22(f): 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2022
Mrtaye:

oh lol I thought it was an addition
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Mrtaye: 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
Nursepepeye:
yes
Wow nice of them....se kawa na je nbe
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Mrtaye: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2022
Lamanii22:
oh lol I thought it was an addition
It's from her owo goboi
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by tydi(m): 11:05pm On Dec 13, 2022
Omo the woman really give shaa reach say Dem pluck her tissue join body.

She for donate her brain give urchins to dey think straight
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by polite2(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nursepepeye:
Is the note out already?
Re: SA Woman Reaches Crowdfunding Target To Turn Mom's Ashes Into Diamond (PICS) by Nursepepeye(f): 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
polite2:

Is the note out already?
yes it's out. No images difference only change of colour

(1) (Reply)

Unn Post Ume Form And Date / How To Get High Quality Diploma Degree And Transcript / OCI Foundation Hosts Grand Finale Of 2021/2022 Health Quiz Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.