Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,051 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim (5502 Views)

Adeleke Defeats Oyetola Inside Osun Govt House / Omisore Joins APC Stalwarts For Celebration At Osun Govt House. Photos / APC Governors Celebrate At Osun Govt House After Rerun Election. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by adenigga(m): 4:33am On Dec 13, 2022
The Osun State Government on Monday accused officials of the immediate past administration in the state of making away with items in the Osun Governor’s Lodge in Abuja.

The allegation was contained in a statement by the spokesperson to the governor, Olawale Rasheed, obtained in Osogbo.

The statement further disclosed that pillaging of assets in the lodge was uncovered during a physical inspection of the facility by the chairman of the State Assets Inventory and Recovery Committee, Dr B. Salam, and other top government functionaries.

It further read in parts, “The lodge was stripped of all valuables acquired with public funds by those officials of the past administration. From the main house to the service flats and up to the boys’ quarters, clear indications of valuables removed can be observed. Items such as television sets, chairs, foams, electrical fittings, bed sheets, spoons, and cutlery, among other valuables, were illegally removed from the lodge.

“Every utility vehicle procured for use in the lodge was also carted away from the building. The lodge was in a terrible state, similar to the way we found the Deputy Governor’s quarters and others at the Government House in Osogbo following the brazen looting of that facility.”

The government subsequently called on whoever was in possession of public properties to return them forthwith.

When contacted for comment, Ismail Omipidan, a media aide to Osun’s immediate past governor, described the allegation as diversionary tactics intended to cover up Senator Ademola Adeleke’s inability to govern the state.

Omipidan also said the governor’s constant accusations while the panels were still sitting were indications that the panels were set up to do hatchet jobs.

“If a panel on asset recovery has been set up, why not allow the panel to do its job and then present its findings? You promised to invite people to appear before the panel. You have not heard from them, yet you are passing judgment on them already. What’s the essence of the panel since you already know the outcomes?

“First, they alleged it was my principal who looted. I came up with the inventory and the fact that the new governor’s security operatives took charge of the government house on November 26 and that by November 27, which was the inauguration day, they held a party there. But by December 1, they came up with a lie to say the place was looted. To date, they have not controverted the facts I laid bare.

“I say for the umpteenth time that my principal did not loot any state assets. Therefore, this government should stop these blanket statements of accusing Oyetola and his men of what they did not do and face governance.”

Source: https://punchng.com/Osun-govt-alleges-looting-Oyetolas-aide-faults-claim

Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by Tybosa: 7:17am On Dec 13, 2022
Wahala
Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by Sirheny007(m): 7:17am On Dec 13, 2022
Only fools will believe Oyetola didn't loot a reasonable portion of Osun State's treasury;
Only fools will believe he didn't loot to fund Tinubu's campaign.
undecided

8 Likes

Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by Life05(f): 7:18am On Dec 13, 2022
May God protect his people
Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by Abolodje: 7:23am On Dec 13, 2022
Normal normal monkey gats to thief the banana if hin see am.

No loot o dey play, just dey play.
Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by JoeNL22(m): 7:23am On Dec 13, 2022
Obi.....hope you are taking note?

You must learn to put things in order. You must not allow lawlessness to rule the day.
It is well!

2 Likes

Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by Ochemicals: 7:24am On Dec 13, 2022
Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by Nicepoker(m): 7:35am On Dec 13, 2022
States having lodge in Abuja this country is so useless. Restructure this country and render Abuja the seat of looting useless.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by Radiant01(m): 8:04am On Dec 13, 2022
Nicepoker:
States having lodge in Abuja this country is so useless. Restructure this country and render Abuja the seat of looting useless.
it baffles me alot
Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by adexoramo(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2022
I thought I am the only one who find it ridiculous having a lodge in Abuja while governing in osun.

Nicepoker:

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by TheNiceGuy(m): 8:27am On Dec 13, 2022
Use your head. How much is Osun allocation?
Sirheny007:
Only fools will believe Oyetola didn't loot a reasonable portion of Osun State's treasury;
undecided
Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by hush15: 8:28am On Dec 13, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Osun-govt-alleges-looting-Oyetolas-aide-faults-claim

So, Peter getting rid of state lodge was a smart idea. Waste blockage is what it is called and think Adeleke should embrace it. Rather than waste tax payers money in that lodge, he should just dispose it or lease it out as investment for the state.
Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by Gbeng30(m): 8:37am On Dec 13, 2022
Oyetola tenure and his cabinet is just full of shit... What a shameful tenure

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by Heroicvic(m): 12:09pm On Dec 13, 2022
I think it's high time adeleke leaves oyetola and focus on what he's voted for!
If it's tv and bed sheet that's giving him headache then can have mine
Someone should tell these clowns that osun is lacking behind among other state

Aregbesola the architect has laid down solid foundation to govern osun the rest should follow suit regardless of the party the emerge from.
Osogbo is still like aregbesola left it and you're bothered by bed sheet?
Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by moyosore32: 3:08pm On Dec 13, 2022
Heroicvic:
I think it's high time adeleke leaves oyetola and focus on what he's voted for!
If it's tv and bed sheet that's giving him headache then can have mine
Someone should tell these clowns that osun is lacking behind among other state

Aregbesola the architect has laid down solid foundation to govern osun the rest should follow suit regardless of the party the emerge from.
Osogbo is still like aregbesola left it and you're bothered by bed sheet?

As in e just dey b me one kain…. Dem no do job wey dem elect em to do… na bedsheet,cutlery and co dey trip dem pass
Re: Osun Govt Alleges Looting, Oyetola’s Aide Faults Claim by Espelbengz(m): 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2022
Only a fool would call others fools for not believing in his bigotry and hate!

Sirheny007:
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton And Angela Merkel Joke About Their Mutual Love Of Pantsuits / Fg Appeals To Libyan Rebels To Stop Killing Nigerians / Hausa, Yoruba Traders’ Ejection Not Ethnic – Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.