Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,228 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? (221 Views)

Diri: Don't Provoke Us To Abandone Creek - MEND Warns Sahara Reporters, Adeyanju / Boko Haram: New Service Chiefs Can’t Do Better Than Their Predecessors - Shekau / Seven Governors, Predecessors At War Over N872b ‘debts’ (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by tollyboy5(m): 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2022
I've come to noticed that many governors in Nigeria do this, they abandoned the project of their predecessor and start new white elephant project.

Why do people not drag their governor online? Everyone has turn Lagos state to their state and refuse to stop blaming buhari for the failure of their state governor.

Everyone joining us in Lagos to criticize Lagos governor and Lagos state tries to improve base on criticism but other state almost nothing is happening.

The kind of criticism Lagos governor do get is now getting to Ogun state and I think people in those axis are intellectually awoke to holding their governor responsible.

Now back to Lagos: I just came back to Lagos recently and I heard the blue rail has not be completed around marina axis.
Please mr governor stop avertising blue rail, just complete it Biko.
Don't tell us anything about imota rice mill if lake rice never dey market.
Which kin campaign strategy bedis

Dey put us 4 is coming for four good years.
Don't blame COVID 19 because wike performed despite COVID also.
Re: Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by duro4chang(m): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2022
It is not fair
Re: Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by tollyboy5(m): 2:41pm On Dec 13, 2022
Just Dey Play! Dey Play!
Re: Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by SmartPolician: 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2022
The most stupid debate I heard from Reno Omokri is asking Buhari to show the projects he started and completed.

It was even more embarrassing seeing young people, who were mostly PDP apologists, supporting the Twitter nonentity.

For goodness sake, government is a continuum. In fact, this country don tire me!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by thesicilian: 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2022
They want to prove that they started and finished so and so projects by themselves. And thus make it seem like they have performed better than their predecessors. Although you can't blame some of them too much, sometimes the predecessors projects might be unachievable with the amount of resources at hand, or just plain stupid projects like the governor that kept building statues everywhere.
Even when some governors focus on continuity, many dumb folks will still ask them to " show a single project they started and finished on their own"
Re: Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by Blue3k(m): 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2022
I blame it on the state assembly. They are responsible for passing budgets and oversights of the state MDAs. They should be able to arm-twist the governor into finishing projects.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by FrancescoFarino(f): 3:10pm On Dec 13, 2022
as e be say,e no consign ham nau
Re: Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by tollyboy5(m): 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2022
SmartPolician:
The most stupid debate I heard from Reno Omokri is asking Buhari to show the projects he started and completed.

It was even more embarrassing see young people, who were mostly PDP apologists, supporting the Twitter nonentity.

For goodness sake, government is a continuum. In fact, this country don tire me!
I'm a PDP member who has always seen buhari has bokoharam.
I was telling my brother(APC) yesterday that I'm impressed with buhari to some extent because he's quite different from what I presumed earlier .
Those disappointed in buhari are those having more expectations from him and supported him with those who just naturally hate him.

I'm more concerned with what sanwo-olu is doing in Lagos, sanwo-olu is scamming us, ema gba wa!

He has not complete any project ambode started, na just percentage completion we dey hear since!
Re: Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by Blue3k(m): 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2022
Why do people not drag their governor online?

A lot of Nigerians love to worship authority figures. I think one because they're generally collectivist and see the executive as their surrogate daddy. Also they don't want to admit they're indirectly the cause if their problems by electing idiots.
Re: Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by tollyboy5(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2022
thesicilian:
They want to prove that they started and finished so and so projects by themselves. And thus make it seem like they have performed better than their predecessors. Although you can't blame some of them too much, sometimes the predecessors projects might be unachievable with the amount of resources at hand, or just plain stupid projects like the governor that kept building statues everywhere.
Even when some governors focus on continuity, many dumb folks will still ask them to " show a single project they started and finished on their own"
I can't agree less, having large population of lesser intellectually awoken people will result to such dumb questions.

This is why I commend oyetola of osun state. He didn't do much but resolved pending debt and make sure the state economy is well balanced.
Re: Why Do Governors Abandone Predecessors Project? by tollyboy5(m): 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2022
Blue3k:
I blame it on the state assembly. They are responsible for passing budgets and oversights of the state MDAs. They should be able to arm-twist the governor into finishing projects.

Some years ago I went to one ilaje town and I saw gigantic uncompleted buildings in one sch.

I asked why where these building wasting , and someone said it's agagu project that mimiko abandoned!!

The Foolish citizens will still always praise mimiko as one of their best governor. Governor that owed doctors salary.

(1) (Reply)

South Sudan President Peeing In His Trousers (video) / President Biden Watching Morocco Vs France With President Buhari (pictured) / Tinubu is an igbo man ... TinUBU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.