Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,402 members, 7,850,436 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:12 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (677846 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (1880) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️🇷🇺 Russia is expelling more than 20 🇩🇪 German diplomats in a tit for tat move, Russia's Foreign Ministry says - RIA

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by BidenDTrounced: 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2023
BidenDTrounced:

"Majority of Ukrainians do not support the West/Zelensky's vendetta against Russians.
Majority of Ukrainians had preferred that the country should be divided with one going to Russia and the other as the new Ukraine (NK SK scenario) with security guarantees from the US, France and the UK. Security guarantees that ensures that if Russia invades the new Ukraine, then France, US, the new Ukraine and the UK will jointly invade Russia (are those countries scared? They have a lot of mouth).
I find Russia to be more credible. I don't even need to listen to Russia..I just need to look at the behaviour of the West. They appear to be confirming Russia's claims with thier actions."
This user was talking about Russians in general (including Russian speaking Ukrainians)
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️The 🇯🇵 Japanese Self-Defense Force has been ordered into an State of Enhanced Readiness due to an upcoming North Korean Satellite Launch; this includes the Deployment of PAC-3 Surface-to-Air Missiles in Okinawa in addition to AEGIS-Equipped Air Defense Destroyers off the Coast.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ibime:

Mumu, after all this to confirm that Urals is trading at massive discount.

Urals and Brent were trading within the same price range until the price cap. That is fact. Pricecap has knocked $20 off each barrel. That is fact.

As to your last paragraph, please help me with Russias budget deficit YTD if Russian budget is based on $40. Russia is already on $29bln deficit for the year, over 70% of the deficit target it set for 2023 already exceeded in Q1. Google is your friend.

The price of production of each barrel is around $40 so anything sold at $40 yields zero to the Government. I don't know where you got that budget is based on $40, and if so why is budget at massive deficit while trading between $49 and $60?

After googling, then Google the Ruble to dollar price and explain why the Urals selling so low has no effect when Ruble has backslid 30% since the pricecap. Maybe because Russian forex reserves which they used to manipulate the Ruble have been impacted by the pricecap?

You confirmed my fears. You're a kid and not worth the debate. Cause only kids throw tantrums across faceless forums.

I don't expect you to reason logically, kids don't do that other than calling people mumu. cool across a faceless forum. Stop that and grow up. cool

You claimed that Russian oil is being sold for $49 caused of sanctions, which turned out to be false. The price for Russian is dynamic and vary according to the oil trade involved. The price for Urals had always been affected by market monthly fluctuations even before the Ukrainian war began. Brent crude has always have the edge over its Urals counterpart whether by $3 or $20 or so. Yes, the Europeans cutback on the purchase of Russian Urals oil it's a contributory factor to the current price, but this too is largely subjective and limited.

For instance, some European countries on long-term contract with Gazprom are still paying the normal price, which is above the ceiling cap of $60 set by the EU.

Your Rouble to Dollar price argument holds no water because you make it look like the Urals represent the entire oil price and volume benchmark exported by Russia, which is not.

Urals oil is the main grade of crude oil exported from Russia to Europe.

In contrast, the market price of the Russian Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean (ESPO) grade oil, which is traditionally exported to Asia, has been closer to international oil prices and stayed at levels above the oil price cap. This may reflect the fact that around 45% of Russian oil exports to eastern Asia are transported via pipelines to China, which are not affected by sanctions from the G7 and EU countries. In addition, ESPO oil has usually been shipped by tankers flagged in countries outside the G7 and EU, which makes it easier to transport Russian ESPO grade oil without being subject to the new sanctions.

To allay your doubt, India and China snapped up Russian crude oil in April 2023 at prices above the western cap ceiling, and this was largely reported by western media houses. This is how Russia has making the huge revenue accredited to it's oil sector despite western sanctions. This also explain why Russia have strategically pivoted to the East in recent years. The west is an economic house on the decline, the EastAsia axis is the most promising and next economic hub of the future.

The western thinking that if they whined Europe off Russian oil and gas would be the end of Russia is the greatest and worst geopolitical economic miscalculation of the 21st century. Not only had this folly caused a massive realignment of nations once loyal to the western diktats, but also creat cost western competitive advantage as they have to gtabblr with the reality of increased production cost. cool

Russia has always since pegged its budget financing at $40 per barrel since 2018. There were attempt to raised the stakes up to $60 last year, but I didn't follow up on that, and I doubt if it took off at all considering the SMO.

You may want to look that up.

Once again, when you're big, you're big. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️🇯🇵 Japan has activated missile interceptors and is preparing to shoot down any fragments from a 🇰🇵 North Korean satellite that may fall on Japanese territory.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
Appleyard:

You confirmed my fears. You're a kid and not worth the debate. Cause only kids throw tantrums across faceless forums.

I don't expect you to reason logically, kids don't do that other than calling people mumu. cool across a faceless forum. Stop that and grow up. cool

You claimed that Russian oil is being sold for $49 caused of sanctions, which turned out to be false. The price for Russian is dynamic and vary according to the oil trade involved. The price for Urals had always been affected by market monthly fluctuations even before the Ukrainian war began. Brent crude has always have the edge over its Urals counterpart whether by $3 or $20 or so. Yes, the Europeans cutback on the purchase of Russian Urals oil it's a contributory factor to the current price, but this too is largely subjective and limited.

For instance, some European countries on long-term contract with Gazprom are still paying the normal price, which is above the ceiling cap of $60 set by the EU.

Your Rouble to Dollar price argument holds no water because you make it look like the Urals represent the entire oil price and volume benchmark exported by Russia, which is not.

Urals oil is the main grade of crude oil exported from Russia to Europe.

In contrast, the market price of the Russian Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean (ESPO) grade oil, which is traditionally exported to Asia, has been closer to international oil prices and stayed at levels above the oil price cap. This may reflect the fact that around 45% of Russian oil exports to eastern Asia are transported via pipelines to China, which are not affected by sanctions from the G7 and EU countries. In addition, ESPO oil has usually been shipped by tankers flagged in countries outside the G7 and EU, which makes it easier to transport Russian ESPO grade oil without being subject to the new sanctions.

To allay your doubt, India and China snapped up Russian crude oil in April 2023 at prices above the western cap ceiling, and this was largely reported by western media houses. This is how Russia has making the huge revenue accredited to it's oil sector despite western sanctions. This also explain why Russia have strategically pivoted to the East in recent years. The west is an economic house on the decline, the EastAsia axis is the most promising and next economic hub of the future.

The western thinking that if they whined Europe off Russian oil and gas would be the end of Russia is the greatest and worst geopolitical economic miscalculation of the 21st century. Not only had this folly caused a massive realignment of nations once loyal to the western diktats, but also creat cost western competitive advantage as they have to gtabblr with the reality of increased production cost. cool

Russia has always since pegged its budget financing at $40 per barrel since 2018. There were attempt to raised the stakes up to $60 last year, but I didn't follow up on that, and I doubt if it took off at all considering the SMO.

You may want to look that up.

Once again, when you're big, you're big. cool

Too much words of a foolish putard. Numbers don't lie.

Assignment for you.

1. Give us price of Urals in October 2022, then give us price in March 2023 - impact of pricecap.

2. Give us Russia oil Revenues in March 2023 Vs March 2022, let us see if everything is Uhuru

3. Give us Russian budget deficit for 2023 to date Vs Budget deficit of 2022 to date

4. Give us Dollar to Ruble price in November 2022, (just before the pricecap) Vs Dollar to Ruble today

These are numbers very easy to Google search, and cuts through your foolish Putard propaganda which is full of words but no numbers. I have done No1 for you below. Pull up the answers to question 2 to 4 and slap yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
Russian budget deficit since pricecap in December

Anywhere you see Putards typing much without referring to published economic data, just know say lamba done enter.

Appleyard, what oil price precipitated this deficit? I thought $40 has it covered?

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WritterNig: 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️Admiral Viktor Liina has been appointed Commander of the 🇷🇺 Russian Pacific Fleet.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️ An 🇦🇿 Azerbaijani military truck drove over a mine deliberately planted by the 🇦🇲 Armenians in Nagorno-Karabakh today. 3 Azerbaijani military personnel was injured - Azerbaijan's Ministry of Defence
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️🇷🇺 Wagner forces took control over the remaining area east of the railway, incl. Upper Park and Bakhmut-2 railway station.

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️ The Commander of the Sudanese Army and “De Facto” Leader of Sudan, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan has announced that he has received word that the Evacuation of Foreign Nationals and Diplomats from the International Airport in the Capital of Khartoum will begin in the next few hours.

He has directly stated that the Evacuation of U.S, British, French, and Chinese National and Diplomats will take place.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by obonujoker(m): 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2023
Disney has now lost over $179,000,000,000 of market cap value since introducing transgender kids content in 2021

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Regex: 6:12pm On Apr 22, 2023
WritterNig:
⚡️Admiral Viktor Liina has been appointed Commander of the 🇷🇺 Russian Pacific Fleet.

Shut us about to get real.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️🇸🇪 Sweden's government wants to send armed soldiers to Khartoum to help evacuate Swedish citizens. Extraordinary meeting of Sweden's parliament will be called tomorrow - SVT
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️Units from 🇧🇾 Belarus returned home from 🇷🇺 Russia on Saturday after training on how to use the Iskander tactical missile system to launch nuclear weapons, the Belarusian defence ministry says - Reuters

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Michaeltreasure(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2023
Ibime:

Too much words of a foolish putard. Numbers don't lie.

elf
Can't you reply without insults? I was deeply following your comments and analysis, but your typographic attacks are irritating...yuck!
The other guy is replying you without insults. Be matured for God's sake. Haba!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Ibime(m): 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2023
Michaeltreasure:

Can't you reply without insults? I was deeply following your comments and analysis, but your typographic attacks are irritating...yuck!
The other guy is replying you without insults. Be matured for God's sake. Haba!

This particular Putard I'm debating with is not worthy of much civility. Although all Putards are subhuman, I do try to be civil.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️🇫🇷 French protesters have reached a new level of struggle against the regime. They blocked the A69 highway with concrete blocks.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2023
😆

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️ According to 🇷🇺 Wagner's Prigozhin, Putin‘s spokesman Dmitry Peskov personally asked him if his son could serve in Wagner.

He successfully served as an ordinary artilleryman.

Peskov‘s son studied abroad, he had all "reasons" to become the ordinary elite degenerate and sit it out somewhere in Dubai. But he decided to serve his 🇷🇺 motherland.
🫡

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️ One of the best tools to control people is FEAR. If you scare people enough, they will do anything.

This is the modus operandi behind climate change, pandemics, War on Terror, NATO, and now 🇹🇼 Taiwan’s technology transfer of high-end semiconductor manufacturing.

Here was the problem: 🇺🇸 US firms like Intel couldn’t go beyond the 7nm chips.

Meanwhile, Taiwan’s TSMC has whopping 92% of global market share of the cutting edge chips (5nm and smaller).

So, how to steal that technology… without appearing to be stealing? After all, “image” is vitally important in geopolitics.

In the 1980s, the US bullied 🇯🇵 Japan into handing over the semiconductor technology by fabricating some hysteria about Japanese selling submarine engines to the USSR.

But now the strategy needed to be different.

Solution: Manufacture war in Taiwan Straits.

Scare the hell out of Taiwanese, and they will gladly handover their crown jewel tech on a plate. Plus, the US can even spin this as “saving” technology from the communists in mainland 🇨🇳 China.

And US politicians and media can tout America as the innovation leader!

As a bonus, the US gets to sell more weapons to Japan and the 🇵🇭 Philippines; and establish new military bases in Asia.

Win-win all around for the Empire of Chaos.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Heart3030: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2023
I wonder why Ukraine are not killing Russian generals anymore,abi dem done finish.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by kad199: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2023
Heart3030:
I wonder why Ukraine are not killing Russian generals anymore,abi dem done finish.
Maybe Russia no get General again grin

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️The Foreign Ministers of 🇨🇳 China and the 🇵🇭 Philippines have held talks in Manila, where the two sides pledged to work together to resolve their maritime differences in the South China Sea.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️A car has rammed into people in Berck, northern France. Multiple casualties have been reported.

It was driven by an elderly person and the crash was unintentional. 11 injured, no fatalities

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
⚡️🇺🇸 USS Cleveland Damaged After Crashing Into Tug During Launch.

The latest incident to befall the 🇺🇸 U.S. Navy’s troubled Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) was an embarrassingly public one, and one that left the brand-new USS Cleveland (LCS-31) damaged in the process of being launched, in front of around 3,000 people, including members of the media.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/uss-cleveland-damaged-after-crashing-into-tug-during-launch-navy-admits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQCksqF5Sd8
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Heart3030: 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2023
kad199:
Maybe Russia no get General again grin
it seems so..this one wey I never read any recent news of Russian general killed. like how Ukraine dey kill dem almost everyday back then....I begin think say Russia get more generals than regular soldiers oo

2 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Badassniggga(m): 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2023
undecided
Ibime:

This particular Putard I'm debating with is not worthy of much civility. Although all Putards are subhuman, I do try to be civil.
Føol calling others subhumans cause they didn't align with him in his own zombified way of thinking. No one should bother replying this føol again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Badassniggga(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2023
WriterrNig:
⚡️The Foreign Ministers of 🇨🇳 China and the 🇵🇭 Philippines have held talks in Manila, where the two sides pledged to work together to resolve their maritime differences in the South China Sea.
lol trust US won't be happy with this. She prefers a more divided world where one is at another's throat so that she could sell arms grin. Same way they're not happy with Iran and Saudi mending fences in the Chinese brokered deal.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Badassniggga(m): 8:47pm On Apr 22, 2023
Heart3030:
lol. Lies and propaganda only work for short periods of time before reality sets in grin. I could remember this time last year about a dozen Russian Generals were already killed in Ukraine grin

6 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriterrNig: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2023
Badassniggga:
undecided Føol calling others subhumans cause they didn't align with him in his own zombified way of thinking. No one should bother replying this føol again.

Please i appeal to everyone, let us ignore him in unison. He's not welcome here.

Pro NATO & Pro Russia posts are accepted here.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (1880) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: Daphna, babyboy4every1, StudyBarn, OkpaNsukkaisBae(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.