Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,040 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live - Foreign Affairs (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live (700639 Views)

World News! Events Happening Around The World / Russia - Ukraine War In Pictures, From The Frontlines (Photos) / Russia - Ukraine War Tension: Live Updates (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (1933) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by seunny4lif(m): 9:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
WriteerNig:
โšก๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡พ Bashar Al-Assad at the 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou, ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ China.
The man that won against all odd.

12 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
WriteerNig:
๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคก Ibimeeeeeeeee! ๐Ÿคก ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚
una like wahala for this thread ๐Ÿ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Badassniggga(m): 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
dvkot:
@china and india will not be happy if Russia use NUKE and Russia needs those two to sell oil. Russia don't need to use nuke, they should just get more weapons from NK and iran
not really. I don't think Russia needs anyone's approval to use nukes if necessary but they're waiting for the right time. And if Russia is ever going to use nukes, they won't target killing of civilian population.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
WriteerNig:
โšก๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡พ Bashar Al-Assad at the 19th Asian Games in Hangzhou, ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ China.

Assad must go Assad must go

All those who said it are gone

Give this new ones saying Ukraine must take back every thing they will be gone in 7 years Biden won't even pass 15 years before he dies of old age

Where is Bush that said we must stay the course in Afghanistan lol.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
If I were the Chinese President, then I would arm Syria to the teeth, so that they can expel the Americans from Syrian land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by seunny4lif(m): 4:57am On Sep 24, 2023
German state-owned company SEFE is poised to offtake its first cargo of Russian LNG since May 2022, according to Bloomberg.

Germany nationalized the company, known as SEFE, last year at the height of Europeโ€™s energy crisis.

Although the cargo is headed for India, a German state-owned company doing deals with Russia

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 6:59am On Sep 24, 2023
Badassniggga:
not really. I don't think Russia needs anyone's approval to use nukes if necessary but they're waiting for the right time. And if Russia is ever going to use nukes, they won't target killing of civilian population.
yea i know but in this war i don't really see a reason why Russia should cos they are winning already.. All these Ukraine little strike here and there wont change anything.
But i think if Crimea is seriously threatened Russia will likely use a low yield nuke

4 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by dvkot(m): 7:07am On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:
If I were the Chinese President, then I would arm Syria to the teeth, so that they can expel the Americans from Syrian land.
lol.. China no like wahala
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 9:02am On Sep 24, 2023
Ibime:

Worry about your bus fare in Nigeria

It's their internal inflation problem. Hardly any major country buys refined products from Russia.

Russia in recent months has suffered shortages of gasoline and diesel. Wholesale fuel prices have spiked, although retail prices are capped to try to curb them in line with official inflation.

The crunch has been especially painful in some parts of Russia's southern breadbasket, where fuel is crucial for gathering the harvest. A serious crisis could be awkward for the Kremlin as a presidential election looms in March.

grin Countries in the EU that are snapping up Russian refined liquid products on record high are no longer major countries. cool Continue with the cope, brother. cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 9:03am On Sep 24, 2023
Watcharena:
Yes Russia is giving up territories online

Savagely and hilariously right grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2023
Ekemeze:
Was having an argument with a friend and he kept saying that Isreal is directly supporting and possibly sending weapons to Ukraine.

I don't think that's true, never seen anything like that. Isreal seem to be neutral in this war or am I wrong?

@all

Israel will always be neutral in this war because they have an understanding with Russia regarding their operations in Syria.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 9:48am On Sep 24, 2023
Badassniggga:

Can u tell me how one can use nuke that won't reach civilians?
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

What will be the gain of the Chinese? because they hav to hav something to gain to do that
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 10:06am On Sep 24, 2023
Alamkir:

What will be the gain of the Chinese? because they hav to hav something to gain to do that
1.So you didn't see the Americans arming Taiwan (a rebellious province of China) to the teeth ?
2. So you didn't notice USA officials and NATO officials clearly stating that they want to fight China before China becomes too powerful?
3. So you didn't notice the USA and NATO making it clear that it wanted to destroy Russia to send a message to China which it sees as its real enemy.
4. Perhaps you are not that aware of what is going on in the world. Because your question is extremely naive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2023
dvkot:
lol.. China no like wahala
It takes two people to start peace, it takes only one person to start war. You can't decide to have peace with someone if that person decides otherwise.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 10:22am On Sep 24, 2023
Antiochus:
US and it allies are helping Ukraine to escalate the war seriously. Take a look at the naval command in Crimea that Ukraine hit and I know it was western intelligence that helped Ukraine to carry out that attack. Ukraine is now emboldened and and it is about to receive the long range ATACMS system from US. I ask, does Russia even have redlines anymore?

You're very correct in your assessment, and this is what Prigozhin was saying all along...that Russia is treating Ukraine too soft. He wants a full-blown declaration of war with Ukraine where Russia will destroy the entire country like they did in Aleppo. But one thing that so many people fail to realize is this; Ukraine isn't the real enemy here, NATO is.

A destroyed Ukraine will serve no strategic purpose for Russia on both economic and geopolitical scale. The enemy will simply open another front against Russia and start all over again on it's quest to 'weaken" Russia and fragment it into little statelets. So, what Russia is doing currently is the best way to derail their plan, by taking them through the long haul, to exhaust or strain their financial, military and economic capabilities in return, to the point that, cracks will appear (and they have started appearing) in their unified agenda to punish, isolate and curtail Russia as an economic and military force to reckon with. It's such unfortunate that Ukraine allowed itself to be used as a battleground between rival great powers. If it were Poroshenko that was in power, this war would never have happened because he would have negotiated his way out of it. Zelensky was the perfect man they needed and that was why he has not disappointed them.

Whatever, I must agree with you that despite Ukraine not being the actual enemy, Russia must have to do or be prepared to do something 'stupid' that will leave an indelible mark to discourage and make the NATO-led Ukriane to think twice before they cross certain lines again in the future.

Nevertheless,I still think the current Russia approach is the best approach so long as Russia continue to keep up with the pace while Ukraine continue to lose men upon men. Recent estimates from American intelligence sources have confirmed that Ukraine has suffered more than 500,000 casualties since the war began. More than half of that dead and the rest permanently wounded or seriously damaged as such that they are unable to fight for the foreseeable time. They can't keep this up beyond 2024. Humans are not like machines that you can factory produce. Meanwhile, some nations across the EU are already getting fed up with the whole thing, and sooner than later, they will openly push back at the thought of continuing military and financial support for Ukraine, not to mention that Zelensky cocaine laden mental disposition isn't helping matters. By insulting and raving stupidly at some of the hands that are feeding him, this war won't exceed 2024. Already, the media is gradually toning down on Ukraine, and with the US election right by the corner, Ukraine would soon lose some of the support it's getting now. In fact, recent rhetorics from some.offical statements in the US shows that they are preparing the ground to ditch Ukraine as things aren't going according to plan. Frankly, none of them western thinkers and bureaucrats expected Russia to survive and circumvent the massive sanctions placed on it, and seeing how a lot of nations started aligning with Russia based on shared interest following the crisis in Ukraine, is giving the west sleepless nights. For instance, Saudi Arabia aligning with Russia and China on the economic front to circumvent the Dollar and push the oil markets from the way the west used to run it was one typical example of the scenario the US would never have imagined because it directly undermined their influence. Now, Iran more than ever is getting closer to a nuclear bomb. North Korea to get more sophisticated rocket technology from Russia, a slap on US foreign policy towards the country, even as Russia and China now plans to lift their share of the UN imposed sanctions against Pyongyang, which is even more of a nightmare scenario because once they do, other nations would follow suit, and the so-called balance of influence the US has committed so much resource to create in the South/East Asia region vis-a-vis South Korea and Japan to curtail the rise of China would be brought back to square one with a more advanced North Korea, thus underlining the huge failure in American foreign policy. France is being kicked out of Africa, which is giving Italy something to smile about. China is now planning to build a naval port in Cuba, and Russia planning to reopen a military observation center there too. cool Couple with the rising prowess of BRICS. Things aren't looking good for the neocon-led west as well, and they're starting to feel it.

But, for now, it's a game of who blinks first till the final push comes to a sadistic point of shoves that would leave no room for regret....Nuclear Holocaust.

God help us.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2023
WriteerNig:
โšก๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ Poland has tripled its import of Russian fertilizers, RIA Novosti reports .

In July, ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ Russia became the second largest supplier of fertilizers to Poland.

Please, leave Ibime alone. cool

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Appleyard(m): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2023
WriteerNig:
๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคก Ibimeeeeeeeee! ๐Ÿคก ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNig: 10:56am On Sep 24, 2023
โšก๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Armenian PM Pashinyan:

We have never betrayed our allies, but our allies take advantage of our security weaknesses to commit unfriendly actions that violate ethics, morals, commitments, and treaties.

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNig: 10:59am On Sep 24, 2023
โšก๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ Sergey Lavrov at the UN:

"Right in front of our eyes, there is a new world order being born. Our future is being shaped by a struggle between the global majority, in favor of a fairer distribution of global benefits and civilizational diversity, and between the few who wield neocolonial methods of subjugation in order to maintain their domination, which is slipping through their hands."

11 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNig: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2023
โšก๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ Polish Prime Minister Morawiecki:

I want to tell ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ President Zelensky to never again insult Poles, as he recently did during his speech at the UN. The Poles will not allow this.

And protecting the Polish good name is not only my duty and honor, it is the most important task of the government of the republic.

In the current geopolitical context, we will defend all our arguments.

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNig: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2023
โšกFATF List (financial action task force on money laundering and terrorist financing):

Black list:

๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ต North Korea
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ท Iran
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Myanmar

Grey list:

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฑ Albania
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ง Barbados
๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ซ Burkina Faso
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Cameroon
๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡พ Cayman Islands
๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท Croatia
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฉ Congo
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Gibraltar
๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡น Haiti
๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Jamaica
๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ด Jordan
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฑ Mali
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฟ Mozambique
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Nigeria
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฆ Panama
๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ Philippines
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ณ Senegal
๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ South Africa
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ธ South Sudan
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡พ Syria
๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฟ Tanzania
๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท Tรผrkiye
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฌ Uganda
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช UAE
๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ณ Vietnam
๐Ÿ‡พ๐Ÿ‡ช Yemen
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by WriteerNig: 11:13am On Sep 24, 2023
โšก๏ธOver the past 24 hours, ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ Russian forces have launched a series of intense offensives on the right bank of the Dnieper River.

Assets in use include aviation with FAB-500 bombs, heavy artillery, and Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (MLRS).

Ongoing operations involve Targeting ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ Ukrainian concentrations, positions, firing emplacements, and supply depots (including ammunition and fuel reserves).

5 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

1.So you didn't see the Americans arming Taiwan (a rebellious province of China) to the teeth ?
2. So you didn't notice USA officials and NATO officials clearly stating that they want to fight China before China becomes too powerful?
3. So you didn't notice the USA and NATO making it clear that it wanted to destroy Russia to send a message to China which it sees as its real enemy.
4. Perhaps you are not that aware of what is going on in the world. Because your question is extremely naive.

Wow! Simple question and u wrote all this, yet am the one who is naive. Discuss not insult
It didn't even answer d question. because all those things u wrote doesn't help China. You are asking China to be like America that u hate. America are probably stealing Syrian recourses, so at least they are gaining something. Weapons are very expensive so I dnt think China will be arming Syria out of spite.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
WriteerNig:
โšก๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ Sergey Lavrov at the UN:

"Right in front of our eyes, there is a new world order being born. Our future is being shaped by a struggle between the global majority, in favor of a fairer distribution of global benefits and civilizational diversity, and between the few who wield neocolonial methods of subjugation in order to maintain their domination, which is slipping through their hands."

I like this statement, and the fact that it's in front of the whole world

3 Likes

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
WriteerNig:
โšก๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฒ Armenian PM Pashinyan:

We have never betrayed our allies, but our allies take advantage of our security weaknesses to commit unfriendly actions that violate ethics, morals, commitments, and treaties.

It's like this man doesn't know the meaning of betrayal

1 Like

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2023
Alamkir:

Discuss not insult
Where is the insult ?
Calm your ego down and accept constructive criticism.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2023
Appleyard:

Please, leave Ibime alone. cool

The Dude sef don tire. His reply is no longer long very short

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2023
Alamkir:

You are asking China to be like America that u hate. America are probably stealing Syrian recourses, so at least they are gaining something. Weapons are very expensive so I dnt think China will be arming Syria out of spite.
So you believe China would not gain by stopping its enemy from stealing Syrian ressources which as you claim benefit China's ennemy ?
At this point, your problem is your grasp of logic, not actual ignorance.

In the part of ignorance mixed with lack of reasoning faculties:
1. China is resource hungry
2. China could cut a deal with Syria for resources when Syria gets its land back
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Alamkir: 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Stoplying:

Where is the insult ?
Calm your ego down and accept constructive criticism.

Where is the critism? We are only having discussion to be more clear on an issue. Atleast that's what I thought
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
Alamkir:

Where is the critism? We are only having discussion to be more clear on an issue. Atleast that's what I thought
Yes, but you are asking questions which I don't expect an educated adult to be asking.
And as I can see from your other comments, you suffer not only from ignorance but also from logic bankruptcy.

These problems of yours put a heavier load on actually educated adults like me when discussing with you. Because we have to teach you for free.
Re: Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live by Stoplying: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
Most Nigerians don't realise that their lack of education makes it painful for educated people to have discussions with them, they believe the more educated would have the same patience as teachers and professors at school, but they forget that teachers are paid to have that patience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (1933) (Reply)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections โ€” Bidenโ€™s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

Viewing this topic: mikael11(m), Frixx, DystopianMuse(f), lebuhsi(m), Michaeltreasure(m), Vl3ly, Masterviolence(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.