Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs (10578 Views)

White Students Of Yoruba Language University, U.S Singing Yoruba Hymn!(video) / The Yoruba Christian Connection / British Tottenham Choir Singing Yoruba song - Ise Oluwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs by AkedeOba(m): 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2008
Big deal. Millions of Yoruba women sing in English everyday , and more fluently too.
Re: A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs by Estar3: 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2008
I was at the programme where that woman was singing in yoruba, she's swedish and their group came for a festival of life programme in Ireland. as soo as she started singing, the yorubas were cheering and standing!!! It was gr8! God is Good!!
Re: A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs by Cayon(f): 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2008
@ E-star

This thead is from 2007.  I like he video. Anyway, after reading some of the comments  - all I can say is wow!!  shocked shocked especially reading a certain person  comments, Wow!!! cry cry cry
Re: A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs by Ibime(m): 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2008
Big deal. . . . there was one white English girl at my uni that could speak Yoruba.

I know another Ethiopian guy that speaks perfect pidgin.

My momsie is English and speaks pidgin perfectly.
Re: A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs by JustGood(m): 11:44am On Sep 15, 2008
When then? Plenty Yoruba people sing in English everyday
Re: A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs by AlRaheem(m): 11:48pm On Nov 13, 2009
I am very dissapointed and embarass by all of you dumb witches but not surprise. It maybe ye ye that u are making but most of you need to know and understand how people view you outside your world. for one thing Yoruba is much more difficult than english by far to be learn by an American or European than it is for Africans to learn english. Also by the way English does not belong to European it all derive from Latin and Romans which derived for Afrikaans. If i have things my way i would cut off all of you dumphucks heads off u are useless and always unhappy. u do act like monkeys some times most of you educated demons and educated fools. You think everything involes drama and walas. eyin olori buruku. ota ala ye sodos.
Re: A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs by agathamari(f): 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2009
i find it funny how there is such a big deal about this but if someone made a similar topic about a black person singing in korean or russian or hawiian it would turn into a whole differnt type of topic with a whole different undertone.
Re: A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs by echobee(f): 8:33am On Nov 24, 2009
@akede-oba
i agree with u
Re: A White Woman Singing Two Yoruba Christian Songs by ekankumo: 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2010
tongue I LOVE DAT, WHAT IS PROBLEM IF A WHITE LADY SPEAKS YORUBA shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

IBADAN: The City Of Warriors; The Defenders Of The Yorubas. / Sultan Of Sokoto Advocates Regulation Of Social Media- The Leadership / Why Do Africans Scar Themselves: Self Hate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.