Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

The Yoruba Christian Connection - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Yoruba Christian Connection (687 Views)

What Is The Yoruba Word For "Oak Tree" / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils Logo Of The Yoruba Cultural Carnival Worldwide / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Yoruba Christian Connection by tpiar: 7:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
or, Christianity among the Yoruba.
Re: The Yoruba Christian Connection by tpiar: 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
contrary to what some folks are propounding, there is no Yoruba without Christianity. If you are looking within the context of the slave trade, then yes, you stick to various idols and traditional deities which oversee such matters and have followers to do the same.
Re: The Yoruba Christian Connection by tpiar: 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
prexios, stay off this thread, thanks.

Your occultic negativity is not meant for here. You do not respect your boundaries, hence your situation.

besides, I believe i asked you to stay away from my posts same way I stay off yours.
Re: The Yoruba Christian Connection by tpiar: 7:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
There is no specific date for knowing exactly when Yorubas first encountered Christianity. Bible sources reveal there were black Africans in Jerusalem during Jesus time, however, we do not know where in Africa they originated from.

Modern Christianity post the industrial revolution, was introduced to Yorubaland sometime in the 18th or 19th century.

Prior to that, Yorubas may have encountered Christianity in the 15th or 16th centuries or maybe even before then. In Africa, religions which are introduced to a people, usually get absorbed into the existing traditional set up sometimes to an extent where they are no longer recognizable in their original form. This applies not only to Christian eschatology but also to foreign non-Christian ones.
Re: The Yoruba Christian Connection by Demmzy15(m): 12:34am On Dec 26, 2015
OP make your points clearer, stop speculating undecided
Re: The Yoruba Christian Connection by tpiar: 12:44am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: The Yoruba Christian Connection by tpiar: 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
.. . . . .. . ,
Re: The Yoruba Christian Connection by tpiar: 10:27am On Dec 27, 2015
.. . . . . . .

(1) (Reply)

Opinion:The Most Loved Tribes In Nigeria / Ooni Of Ife Visit Awujale Of Ijebu Land / Need Help In Learning Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.