Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos (39750 Views)

Final Year MAPOLY Student Slumps And Dies While Taking Her Bath (Photo) / Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) / Abuja Law School Student Slumps And Dies On New Year’s Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by ghiloman28(m): 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
Health is wealth. No work is worth dieying for non.

Rip to the dead
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2022
He has gone to rest
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Realists(m): 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
cassidy1996:
All these slavery work dey kill body

This is just a gilmse of the evil of Trans Atlantic Slave Trade, where slaves are worked to death, without any form of payment.

4 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Nursepepeye(f): 2:15pm On Dec 15, 2022
Niftkid:
Everybody for naija na walking dead. Rip to him
I'm telling you. People talk to themselves walking everything is fraustrating
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by eebraa(m): 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2022
So he collapsed around 6:30 am. This means he slept in the office or resumed very early without having enough sleep. Guys always take care of your body. Stress kills

4 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
That means he resimed office 6am in the morning. embarassed
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by spencekat(m): 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
lomprico:
There is a lesson to be learnt here.

[/b]Do not over stress yourself at work![b] Don't allow bosses to mount unnecessary pressure on you. Because if you die, they will look for another person to replace you sharp sharp and move on as if nothing happened.

It's better to be alive and jobless.

Rip to the dead.
Not only at work o
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by lomprico(m): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2022
spencekat:
Not only at work o

True
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
the cash/transfer unit is the best place to work in a typical Nigerian bank.

This is so that you can get tipped most times by customers and with it you can save enough and resign quickly.

3 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by kingthreat(m): 2:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
Everybody's gotta die sometime.
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by harmony75: 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2022
Slumped @6am it means the guy is stressed but still managed to go to work that early mmmm so sad dearie rest in peace �

2 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Juanmike(m): 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2022
Realist12:
Hmmm, yet they are selling deception to the people, I heard next cash and carry self doesn't pay it's staffs well. Yet their boss is promising to increase minimum wages which he didn't increase all through his tenure in Anambra, You wonder why Rufai of Arise TV is always looking Sadistic . Choose your boss wisely , tribalism and petty sentiments shouldn't be a reason to vote a known failure .

Rip to the departed soul.
You seem leaned you should act like It. STARTING WITH THE CHOICES YOU MAKE.
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by DisLifeSha: 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2022
The suffering is too much. You can imagine me with a health condition who works in a hotel for 22k every month.

I only eat once in the evening in two days. I know the business to do but no help. The life taya person

Treadway:
Similar thing happened to the son of a church member. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Dude was to be 30 years old on a Wednesday, and he died just two days to that (Monday). He complained of feeling unwell while in a car with his superior. They headed to the hospital, by the time they got there he was unconscious and later declared dead. Pops was called, drove to lag to pick the boy's body and buried him and returned to Ibadan. Only son/child! The thing shock me. Two days later , his fb page is filled with HBD messages, most of his online friends don't know he is gone, till now. My guess, is prolly a heart attack...what is worrisome is the sheer number of young men and women just slumping and dying in recent times. It is well.
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by shekoduza: 2:46pm On Dec 15, 2022
Our Government are not checkmating this Banks, can you imagine all banks will employ outsource staff and pay them peanuts, highest 75k in a month. while their core staffs will receive 200k plus monthly with upfront in January, bonus in March/April with Education allowance in August. And this outsource staffs are also graduate oh... haba! The gap is too much. we don't Legislators that will fight this injustice. God Punish who introduce Contract work in Nigeria. MODERN DAY SLAVERY..............

9 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Babastrong(m): 2:46pm On Dec 15, 2022
[quote author=Angelfrost post=119177316]Life overwhelms everyone...!

Las las, all men must die, so why the fuss about life?!!

Why the unnecessary competition?!!

Why the hate and malice?!!

Why the needless hustle to please everyone?!!

Just take each day at a time... Do wetin your power reach! Cut down daily stress and wahala to the barest minimum!

Check your BP, Blood Sugar, and vital functions as often as you can...! [ A lesson from coward dad. My bold dad taught me to grap life tightly with my hands because if it slips away, only the fools will be dominating and controlling it.]

2 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:47pm On Dec 15, 2022
quentin06:
Dangers of a sedentary lifestyle.

Sedentary lifestyle or overworked lifestyle?
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by donsilas(m): 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
If you have a transaction in that bank,. would you be glad if that decision were taken on the day you visited your branch!?

Be realistic... your point rarely happens.

Rest!! Fellow Soldier!!!

Sultty:
bank be acting heartless asf. Not even to temporarily close down or declare a day of mourning for a fellow colleague. Nope there just keep working like zombies

1 Like

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by FireUpNow(m): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Don't rule out BP or blood sugar problem. Stress is too much. Very sad. My condolences to his family. RIP to him

3 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Dirtyyansh: 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Na only that bank go dey use their female staffs do olosho.
Na only them go dey overwork their staffs ontop 300- 600k wey dem dey pay them.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2022
Treadway:
Similar thing happened to the son of a church member. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Dude was to be 30 years old on a Wednesday, and he died just two days to that (Monday). He complained of feeling unwell while in a car with his superior. They headed to the hospital, by the time they got there he was unconscious and later declared dead. Pops was called, drove to lag to pick the boy's body and buried him and returned to Ibadan. Only son/child! The thing shock me. Two days later , his fb page is filled with HBD messages, most of his online friends don't know he is gone, till now. My guess, is prolly a heart attack...what is worrisome is the sheer number of young men and women just slumping and dying in recent times. It is well.

There needs to be a campaign on how to administer CPR until an ambulance arrives or the heart restarts. Also, there should be a rule that all bank halls, markets and other public buildings should have defibrillators for situations like this. The poor fella that died at the bank, i doubt they performed CPR on him or had a ready defibrillator available with trained staff who know how to administer it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Sultty(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2022
donsilas:
If you have a transaction in that bank,. would you be glad if that decision were taken on the day you visited your branch!?

Be realistic... your point rarely happens.

Rest!! Fellow Soldier!!!

there are other branches on the island so transactions can go elsewhere. Just imagine like person with sense

5 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by IGBOSON1: 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2022
DisLifeSha:
The suffering is too much. You can imagine me with a health condition who works in a hotel for 22k every month.

I only eat once in the evening in two days. I know the business to do but no help. The life taya person

Things are hard for everyone so don't feel too despondent. Where there's life there's hope.

You can post your bank account number, hopefully some reading this thread may want to send you something.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by mediclife1987(m): 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
Pscr06:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/bank-staff-slumps-in-lagos-office/

We would like to know the result of the autopsy, so the rest of us can take heed...
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by okanlanwon44879: 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2022
PainPain...
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by chudez0147(m): 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2022
lomprico:
There is a lesson to be learnt here.

Do not over stress yourself at work! Don't allow bosses to mount unnecessary pressure on you. Because if you die, they will look for another person to replace you sharp sharp and move on as if nothing happened.

It's better to be alive and jobless.

Rip to the dead.
DamnNigga
If you are alive and jobless you will still die . No way out my fish
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by DisLifeSha: 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
It'll help a lot.
Sterling Bank - 0018059493 - Samuel Oyovwikigho

IGBOSON1:

Things are hard for everyone so don't feel too despondent. Where there's life there's hope.

You can post your bank account number, hopefully some reading this thread may want to send you something.
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Tony4000: 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2022
Niftkid:
Everybody for naija na walking dead. Rip to him
sharaaap!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by bonnyhope: 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2022
dazzlingd:
Bank!!

Organisations world wide are beginning to take the 3Ps approach
Profit, planet and people

As much as the primary purpose of organisations is to make profit, they must invest in the people working for them and the planet/environment to make it a better place. It is no more about profit alone.

Unfortunately, working in Nigeria is like working in hell and working in banks is even worse. These basstrds declare so much profit but their staff live like slaves. The problem is we dont have a government that can put these people in their place to stop modern day slave labor.
Access bank, gtbank etc are even worse.

Now report says no trace of violence.
What of the emotional abuse, psychological abuse, inhuman working conditions they put their staff through.

These useless banks will employ a 24 year old graduate who has no health problem, after 6 years he becomes 30 with high blood pressure, back ache problem, bad eyesight and he begins to show signs of anger, depression and disorientation. He will be looking 45 because he has worked day and night, with no career growth, no salary increase nor promotion.

If you want to know that devil lives on earth and earth is the hell itself, go and work as a contract staff in the bank.

You are totally on point

3Ps is the way now, not just only profit

Working in Nigeria now is another form of slavery

Manufacturing industries are not left out

3 Likes

Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Aboguede(m): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2022
Juanmike:
You seem leaned you should act like It. STARTING WITH THE CHOICES YOU MAKE.

Hypocrite spotted shocked

Person wey u no know

U Don write book for em head

Tufiakwa

Poverty is a bastaad grin

Las Las na suffer man like u shocked
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2022
Tony4000:
sharaaap!
Your papa
Re: Bank Staff Slumps And Dies In Lagos by bonnyhope: 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
eebraa:
So he collapsed around 6:30 am. This means he slept in the office or resumed very early without having enough sleep. Guys always take care of your body. Stress kills
If you live on mainland and work around Ikoyi/Vi axis, if you don't get up by 4am, you are likely to be caught up in the traffic.

Imagining waking up every day by 4am and go to bed 11pm

It is stressful

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Signs That Shows You Don't Drink Enough Water / How To Permanently Cure Ulcer With Raw Pawpaw Water / Dr. Chima Matthew Dances To Calm Down His Patient's Siblings In Florida, US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.