Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Nigeria Veterans Have Been Sold Out By Ministry Of Finance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Veterans Have Been Sold Out By Ministry Of Finance (294 Views)

N2.5bn Allocated For ‘Deep Freezers By Ministry Of Women Affairs / Reps Probes Award Of N18 Billion Naira By Ministry Of Agriculture To Clear Bush / Buhari Pulls NSIP Supervision From Osinbajo, Now To Be Run By Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Veterans Have Been Sold Out By Ministry Of Finance by yusufidoko: 10:43am On Dec 15, 2022
*SDA REPORT - WE HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT!!*
15th December, 2022

1. When, after waiting a long (frustrated) hour as a military man, a civilian look you in the face and tell you "Oga, you will have to wait, I am busy," know that, it is finished! You have been sold so cheaply by an In-house member of the same family of your professional constituency. If you are given a responsibility to function in an office, that position is entrusted on you to proof your mettle of administrative competency. It is obviously not a time to sit in the comfort of your cosy office without functioning optimally as it is required of a patriotic citizen fit for that position.

2. Five whole hours of waiting, and in the end, one of the office staff walked in to the 'VIP lounge' to tell you, "Oga don go oo!" You look at yourself, very dejected and disrespected, not because of your person, but because you are a representative of the entire military veterans community whose membership cuts across the ranks, and then you walk out quietly and ordered for an Uber, and while you boarded the cab in such an isolated area at around 2200 hrs, not knowing who the pilot of the cab is, wether he is a ritualist, a kidnapper or an armed robber, and suddenly, your phone rang, you take a look at the the screen and lo and behold, the same individual who gave you an appointment the previous day and the day after, but didn't keep to it was the one calling. What would be your reaction? Indeed, the Veterans Community have been sold out in what the local palance would refer to as "See finish." Calling me for what, you'd ask. Such was my experience.

3. Some (not all), of these corrupt Civil Servants occupying exalted offices have no regards for people that are not their partners in crime. The ministry of finance is a den of multifaceted and monumental corruption. Recall the experience of the immediate past MPB Chairman in the hands of these bloody corrupt and unprofessional characters when he went seeking for Cash Backing for the now rested pension harmonization? Most recently was the experience of the incubent MPB Chairman whose story was told by a Senior official of the Board, that the Very Senior Officer literally went on his knees over the release of Cash backing for the just concluded minimum wage arrears. He did that because the Veterans Community had taken a swipe to question his responsibility for occupying that office. How did we get here?

4. NDC was usually our meeting point from where we proceed on our scheduled assignments as Technica team for the SDA. But on this occasion the SDA Technical Committee leader, Air Cdre Femi Oguntuyi mni, Rtd, opted to interface with some service chiefs as well as some very influential individuals just so we could have a soft landing without necessarily resorting to confrontation with our common enemies. Having been given the marching order by the team leader, he said "Biodun, you know what to do, but please keep me posted." And so, I proceed to accomplish my task, the 5th floor, office of the Perm Sec, MoF was the destination.

5. I got there and straight to the secretary who instantly told me that my host was in a meeting. I was subsequently directed to the VIP's lounge where I met the space filled with guests waiting for their turn. Among them was a very familiar face and was soon called upon to see the Perm Sec with his team of white men. I was later to be told of his identity. His name is Mustapha Yar'adua, younger brother to the late President Umar Musa Yar'adua as well as late Gen. Shehu Yar 'adua. The look-alike face is unmistaken. Very humble. On his way out, he came back to the VIP's lounge and bade everyone goodbye with a handshake.

6. Moments later, some visitors who came after me were ushered in, I wasn't bothered, thinking that, my case was special and may require exhaustive deliberation to avoid the MoF coming under locks and keys by members of the Veterans Community, but I was wrong. Time was ticking as I was left with two other men who also became upset. I then put across a call to my host, at least to remind him of my presence, in case he was too busy to remember, but no response. How could he have even forgotten, with all the CCTV cameras mounted at every corner of the VIP's lounge? That's what Dr. Abubakar Kana mni will never do. I waited a little while. Moment later, I walked up to the Secretary to remind her of my presence for close to 5 hours and on an appointment. She said she already told boss I was around. I went back to the VIP's lounge. About 15 minutes after, one of the staff walked in to announce that the Perm Sec had left.

7. I wasn't even bothered by the neglect meted out to me. What is more painful and unacceptable is the disrespect of not my person, but the community I represent. These are surviving World/Civil War Veterans, Senior, Very Senior Officers including retired Generals, the sick, helpless and vulnerable amongst us, who by their sweat and blood, have kept this Nation united and have provided the enabling environment for democracy to thrive without which some of these characters will not have the opportunity to sit in any capacity to function as public or Civil Servants. And to think that we have been unofficially Commissioned to fight for our welfare, when we have an appointed minister from our very own constituency, who will not do enough to consult directly with his colleague at the ministerial level would only mean one thing. WE HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT!

8. In the next 24 hours, we shall come up with adequate plans to confront and bring to an end, the ugly trend of disrespect to our collective welfare and general well-being. Consequently, an object have been sighted, bearing MoF, location, the heart of Abuja. That is our destination. We must go back and take our pride of place as the number one stakeholders in a sovereign Nation as ours. Veteran's Community in Nigeria must be treated with respect like it is the practice in any sane clime. We have by all means exploited every avenue for peaceful resolution as we are known to always have. Just like we did in the case of the MoD, we have written and also followed up with a reminder letter to the MoF, but all has been ignored. We cannot continue like this. Enough is enough!

God Bless the (military) Veterans Community!
God Bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria!!

*Keep it locked!!*

Abiodun Durowaiye-Herberts
*Spokesperson Technical Committee on SDA*
Re: Nigeria Veterans Have Been Sold Out By Ministry Of Finance by dankt: 11:08am On Dec 15, 2022
What a pity. The least expected of both the FMoF and the Perm Sec is to call in the delegate and explain things to them. This really shows lack of respect. Well, the veterans are up to the task. They surely know what to do to get the necessary attention they deserve.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

So Peter Obi Presidency Is For All And Sundry? / 2023 Presidential Election: APC To Win Against PDP And LP See Why / We Get So Blinded When We Get Political Fower - Former President, Goodluck Jo...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.