Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Grace Over Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace Over Sin (173 Views)

Victory Over Sin; Abiding In The Sabbath / Former Homosexuals Choose Christ And Holiness Over Sin / 31 Days Of Speaking Grace Over Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grace Over Sin by Blue86(m): 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
The grace of God can be frustrated.
The grace of God can be underestimated.

For brethren to go about quoting, " The good I would I do not : but the evil which I wouldn't, I do." ~ Romans 7 : 19
And not ending it with, " I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God.." ~ Romans 7 : 25
Is a frustrating and underestimating of the grace of God in the power of the cross.

It just shows that you haven't encountered the power of the cross to deliver you from your sins.
For the statement in verse 19 is as a result of being in bondage to sin.
And the statement in verse 25 is as a result of being freed from the power of sin, through Christ Jesus.

Stop hooking on verse 19.
Get hooked up on verse 25.
For verse 25 is the salvation of God for you, through Christ Jesus.
You are looking unto Jesus, if your gaze ( your mind and heart) is set on verse 25 of Romans, chapter 7.

Verse 25 is our testimony!
Re: Grace Over Sin by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2022
Blue86:
1. The grace of God can be frustrated. The grace of God can be underestimated.
For brethren to go about quoting, " The good I would I do not : but the evil which I wouldn't, I do." ~ Romans 7 : 19
And not ending it with, " I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God.." ~ Romans 7 : 25
Is a frustrating and underestimating of the grace of God in the power of the cross.

It just shows that you haven't encountered the power of the cross to deliver you from your sins. For the statement in verse 19 is as a result of being in bondage to sin. And the statement in verse 25 is as a result of being freed from the power of sin, through Christ Jesus.

Stop hooking on verse 19.
Get hooked up on verse 25.
For verse 25 is the salvation of God for you, through Christ Jesus.
You are looking unto Jesus, if your gaze ( your mind and heart) is set on verse 25 of Romans, chapter 7.

Verse 25 is our testimony!
This blob makes no sense whatsoever. If grace can indeed be frustrated, how then can it also then save you from anything? By the way, the grace which Jesus Christ gifts to all those who believe in Him aka eternal Life belongs to all those who are born-again, according to John 3 vs 1 - 21 meaning that even those who enter through the broad gate which leads to destruction at the end of the day - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30 - also have the same grace which you claim saves you.(Yes, all those who will end up in Hellfire at the end of the day are also all born-again.) So, if it cannot save those who will end up in Hellfire at the end - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 - what makes you think it can save you? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Join Us Tomorrow At The The Lord's Chosen For Her 20th Anniversary / Beauty Of Sex: Learn And Unlearn / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/12/2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.