Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Gbagyi Carnival Holds January 7,2023...as CEO Gives Reasons For Organizing Event - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Gbagyi Carnival Holds January 7,2023...as CEO Gives Reasons For Organizing Event (489 Views)

Photos From Calabar Bikers Carnival 2017 / Photos From The Lagos Street Carnival 2017 / "Slay Kings" At The Maiden Dry Run Of 2017 Calabar Carnival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gbagyi Carnival Holds January 7,2023...as CEO Gives Reasons For Organizing Event by Feminews(m): 8:46am On Dec 16, 2022
Gbagyi Carnival ,kavulu'nya holds January 7,2023 ...As CEO Gives Reasons for Organizing Event

Nathaniel Alkali popularly known as Nath Kali is the Chief Executive Officer of a Kaduna based Cultural organization, Gbagyiza Breed Carnival . In this interview with our Correspondent , he explain reasons he decided to organize a Peace and Unity Concert holding January 7, 2023 to promote Gbagyi cultural heritage and Language.

Excerpts:

Can you give us background information about your organization ?

The organization was established basically to preach peace and unity, which is gradually becoming elusive amongst our Gbagyi people . We are also using the Gbagyi Carnival to raise awareness about the cultural diversity of the Gbagyi tribe and bring the Gbagyi people together to understand the language better. We realized that the upcoming generation now are left behind when it comes to speaking the language. This amongst many reasons is why we decided to come up with an event of this nature to galvanize our people, especially the youths. It is our desire, that the event will serve as a repository for growth and development of Gbagyi cultural heritage .

These are the major reasons for organizing the cultural show titled: (Akavuluyha) with hope that Gbagyi people from all over the country will come together to showcase our traditional heritage. It will equally help the Gbagyi people get together to know one another other and understand cultural values .

The show consists of visual representation; speeches, dramas, dance, short plays and presentation of Awards.This festival can be a great opportunity to enhance talents as well.

Where are the Gbagyi People domiciled in Kaduna State?

We are mainly based in Chikun local government area of Kaduna State .

What is your expected figure of invited guests at the event ?

We are expecting nothing less than two thousand guests to grace the event.We have gone round to most of the village heads and title holders to inform them about the event and what we intend to achieve with it.

Who are your target Audience?

Our target is to bring the old and young Gbagyi people together under one umbrella, because if you're talking about culture ,the young generation needs to learn from the old ones ,hence our resolve to invite our fathers , traditional leaders and custodians of our culture. For instance, I don't know how to speak the language very well and I believe there are several youths with same problem. And the possible avenue to engender passion and interest in our youth for speaking the language . For me , creating a platform for social interaction with the older ones is the best possible way to understand and speak the language fluently .

Is this your first edition of the event ?

No, we have done it before something in 2018 .

Why didn't you organize the event in the subsequent years ?

The first time I did ,the turn out was low and I had some issues with some persons, who saw me as too young to organize event of this magnitude .But even at that, we had close to two hundred persons that attended the maiden edition .It was fun and people liked it . Thereafter, there has been pressure from people on me to continue , despite initial challenges .This is why I have relaunched my passion to continue regardless of any challenge. But this time , I had to visit the Sir Gbagyi to inform him officially and sought his blessings . During the visit I explained the mission and goal behind the event and he agreed that we should go ahead .As I speak ,His Royal Highness has agreed to be Patron of the organization .

Do you have a team or is a one man show?

No .I have a solid team with six members working with me on the project and event.

How do you intend to sustain the event, considering issues of harsh economy and other basic challenges that usually frustrate good intentions such as this?

We have established a structure for the event to hold annually, every December without any hitch. There are plans to put in place a board , a secretariat and group sponsors to make the event an annual feature every December .

How do you source funds to pay your bills ?

We have written letters to potential sponsors and we are reaching to them to ensure we get the required funds to organize the historical, cultural and epoch making event. We are optimistic that it will be a good outing , because we have put serious efforts to plan it. After the event , we are going to work on a document on the appraisal and future strategies to adopt for Sustaining it .We also planned to visit the Internally Displaced Persons Camps within Chikun local government area to show them love and listen to their needs and see areas we can mobilise support .

Any plan to Collaborate with the local or state government in future , especially in the areas of security and funding ?

Definitely, we love to do that because the main reason for the event is promote peace and unity .I strongly believe that Peace is a veritable panacea for development . We are looking forward to scale up our reach to extend our tentacles even to the international communities in the nearest future . We want the world to know that the Gbagyi people are peaceful, receptive and industrious .The traits you can't take away from the Gbagyi people .

Kaduna has suffered several crises, banditry and communal clashes that created acrimony, do you have plans to create a platform for bridge building ?

We have it covertly behind our minds to use the event to also broker peace amongst persons that have suffered attacked within the communities around Chikun ; victims of banditry and communal clashes. But in doing so, there is need to trace the remote causes of these issues and address them without any sentiment, so that doing we can create the platform to unite and appease all aggrieved and affected persons .

Re: Gbagyi Carnival Holds January 7,2023...as CEO Gives Reasons For Organizing Event by jumper524(m): 8:54am On Dec 16, 2022
if you've ever watched any gbagyi carnival, you'll know it's one of the most underage carnival in the history of mankind. the trills, dances and cultural display is one of the most unique, the g-string pants worn by men displays the African thick bush man culture that we all are trying to modernise. only the gbagyi still keep it real as it is. come to Abuja, No body loves the gbagyi traditional marriage and cultural celebration more than outsiders in town, they are always eager to witness the realness of traditional event. my Gbagyi people I celebrate you. I rep Rubochi, kuje.
Re: Gbagyi Carnival Holds January 7,2023...as CEO Gives Reasons For Organizing Event by MandelaLives: 9:12am On Dec 16, 2022
You said Kaduna but these are the indigenous people of Abuja, right? That will be nice to watch.

(1) (Reply)

Fox Bar And Grill (Fox Bar Owerri) Is Celebrating her One Year Anniversary / Kingsporch Media Presents...... / Do You Have Challenges Planning Your Wedding, Conference, AGM?? Come Talk To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.