Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Obidients & The Challenge Of Campaigning For Obidatti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obidients & The Challenge Of Campaigning For Obidatti (578 Views)

The Jos 1-Million March For Obidatti Was Held In Three Different Locations / IPOB: Igbo APC Leaders Scared Of Campaigning For Buhari In South East / Man Campaigning For Buhari Attacked In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obidients & The Challenge Of Campaigning For Obidatti by GlobalPR: 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2022
- I have recently noticed many Obidient groups are disappointed and upset that LP & @PeterObi or his PCC are not providing campaign materials for them.

Yet I must ask, at the risk of being dragged by my ever combative OBIdients that I love so much, is it really fair for OBIdients who started their groups WITHOUT permission from LP or PeterObi to expect LP or PO to provide materials for them?

I have said for months that we are just SUPPORT Groups for @peterobi and NOT his Campaign Org and that when the time comes it will be up to him to take the lead in his own campaign by harnessing the groups formed to support him or not. It's natural for LP to have their own modus for their own campaign and we can’t grudge them.

Afterall, won’t we be surprised if someone asks us to pay for what we didn’t order even if they are doing it for our own benefit? ��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

Do not misunderstand me: We should take the materials or even logistics money, if they offered it to o odometer to campaign for them, but we cannot have any sense of entitlement or get discouraged if they chose to go in other directions in how they spend their campaign funds. It should not affect our commitment to support peter obi with the little we can put in (in sweat, money and resources )to get him elected if indeed we believe he is the best candidate out there, and are doing it with open minds for Nigeria and not with secret agendas.

So, I think it’s unfair to expect @peterobi or LP or his PCC to provide campaign materials for Obidient Support groups that formed themselves spontaneously months ago without direction from them. It’s a tough pill. I know, but we must swallow it & keep moving!

We must deal with the reality that @Peterobi or his PCC or Labor Party cannot provide for 1,000s of support groups they didn’t form. They have a choice to harness us or not for their full campaign.

If we want to campaign on our own without getting a direct mandate from PO or LP, then we must self fund & manage our own Obidient Campaign Org! Are we ready?

It’s clear we can’t compete with Ashiwjau and APC OR Atiku and PDP by following their perennial game plan of providing materials and cash support and stomach infrastructure for people, so we must ZAG even as they keep ZIGGING in their own old strategy.

OBIdients can drag me till all my body is bloody but I will keep calling it strategically as I deem fit since I want nothing but a better nigeria: Let’s stop whining about @PeterObi’s PCC or @NgLabour and their lack of attention to us.

We rocked without them before and we must continue to rock without them if we are really doing this for Nigeria. I could care less if peter obi or labor recognized me at all . It’s not about them for me. It’s about MY choice.

So, let’s stop complaining and Keep moving! Let’s Keep our eyes on the ball: The Fight for a new Nigeria and to CHANGE the way things are done. Win or lose!

To be effective, OBIdients must be nimble and FOCUSED ON A SIMPLE KISS STRATEGY that will cost us very little:

I will say it again: OBIdients are NOT politicians. It takes billions to run even a no-shishi campaign. Atiku and Ashiwaju can spend in a single day what we can spend in 6 months so we can’t fight them on this ‘no campaign materials’ whining . Those guys will bring in boat loads of caps and tshirts and distribute them free!

Our strength and in our passion and our convictions . Not in tshirts to caps or campaign materials but in showing up and fighting for what we believe in

So, Let's drop the ‘no campaign materials’ drama. Let’s use KISS method (Keep It Simple Stupid) to rock for @PeterObi or our choices:,
-Form Small Cell groups✅ (zero cost)
-Meet and Bond Weekly✅ (zero cost)
-Get your PVC✅ (zero cost)
-Show up with your small cell group on Feb 28, Vote your conscience & Defend your vote ✅ (zero cost)

How hard is that unless you are not serious about this shit! ��‍♂️��‍♂️

Dr Ope Banwo
Convener, Naija Lives Matter

Re: Obidients & The Challenge Of Campaigning For Obidatti by DeAdvokate(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2022
This one too won chop him own 20Million
Re: Obidients & The Challenge Of Campaigning For Obidatti by mrvitalis(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2022
DeAdvokate:
This one too won chop him own 20Million
If you don't know people just close your mouth

Dr Ope is a great lawyer in Nigeria and US
Has his own social media app one of the fastest growing Nigerian app ..a true Yoruba man ...I know he has donated over 2 million minimum to the Obi campaign

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients & The Challenge Of Campaigning For Obidatti by mycar: 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2022
good way to go, you can demand for a good governance when you've paid for it and not when you've collected money for it. If we support Obi and he wins, the next good person can always come onboard knowing that Nigerians support good leaders without collecting anything from them.
Re: Obidients & The Challenge Of Campaigning For Obidatti by TinubuDeDrugLor: 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2022
mrvitalis:

If you don't know people just close your mouth

Dr Ope is a great lawyer in Nigeria and US
Has his own social media app one of the fastest growing Nigerian app ..a true Yoruba man ...I know he has donated over 2 million minimum to the Obi campaign

And why the fight?

Is Nairaland labour party office?

Some of you just misbehave.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Christmas Homage In The State House Abuja (Pictures) / Those Pesky Ijaws Again / Osun: Oyetola Is Coming - Kemi Olohunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.