Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie (31815 Views)

Response -I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, Bible Acknowledges Polygamy -yul Edochie / Chicago Kids Multicultural Show Acknowledges Ned Nwoko Malaria Project In Africa / Tiwa Savage Acknowledges Teebillz’s Contribution To Her Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Christistruth00: 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2022
Matt 19 : 3-6

3Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ a 5and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’ b ? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Jeremiah 2
2 The Lord told me 2 to go to Jerusalem and tell everyone that he had said:

When you were my young bride,
you loved me and followed me
through the barren desert.
3 You belonged to me alone,***
like the first part of the harvest,
and I severely punished
those who mistreated you.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by greypencils: 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2022
You will repeat this statement when you are old, grey and no one is beside you.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Crafteck1: 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2022
greypencils:
You will repeat this statement when you are old, grey and no one is beside you.

Oga... U assume in monogamy, they would die at d same time, una go just de assume nonsense
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Newyorkitis(m): 8:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
Feralmntrix2:
Acknowledges not approves

Thank you for writing out what's on my mind: we can acknowledge that something happened whether good or bad and it doesn't mean that we approve of it.

The man what's to deceive some people with english while quoting Exodus.
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by baretalk: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2022
tollyboy5:

Mumu stat. Go check world fact.
You are the mumu, how many men can take care of a family?

The ones who can must marry more.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by greypencils: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2022
Crafteck1:

Oga... U assume in monogamy, they would die at d same time, una go just de assume nonsense
Baba face front. I done talk my own. No dey quote me
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by baretalk: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
Christistruth00:

Matt 19 : 3-6

3Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ a 5and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’ b ? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Jeremiah 2
2 The Lord told me 2 to go to Jerusalem and tell everyone that he had said:

When you were my young bride,
you loved me and followed me
through the barren desert.
3 You belonged to me alone,***
like the first part of the harvest,
and I severely punished
those who mistreated you.
You are speaking christianese, a religion brought to you by Romans via their English partners. Get sense, we marry women on Africa, if you can afford it.
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Judolisco(m): 8:37pm On Dec 18, 2022
Oga stop dey cap nonsense... Christianity doesn't support polygamy... You're a traditionalist... No dey try defend yourself... Ode

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Testimony1988(m): 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
That's not true.
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by HomeTutorsPro: 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
Righteousness2:
Whoever loves this young man should tell him that he is deceiving himself.

Whoever loves this young man should tell him that apart from his 1st legally married wife, any other woman he is frolicking with is Adultery.

GOD'S standard of Marriage is One man , One woman. Any other thing is Woman and man deceiving themselves in Adultery and Iniquity.

[b][/b]

You may want to think about the bolded again.
I know you are a Christian, at least from your posts on Nairaland.
God never set the standard of one man one wife.
That's Jesus' standard.
Except if you are saying Jesus is God.
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Misterone: 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2022
Omicronvaccine:
Popular Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has said he is a proud polygamist, IGBERETV reports.

He wrote on his Instagram handle;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmTcaWlLhXz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
when they indulge in it, then it is okaybut when it affects them, it is evil

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by UNDFTD: 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2022
Omicronvaccine:
Popular Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has said he is a proud polygamist, IGBERETV reports.

And being a polygamist and acting in ritual killing movies are your cling to fame? Hopeless FOOL!

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by BRATISLAVA: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2022
This man sounds more and more pitiful.

If it is recognized and biblical, why is he telling everyone all the time about it? Sounds like he needs to convince himself more than his audience.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by DeOTR: 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2022
Righteousness2:

Whoever loves this young man should tell him that apart from his 1st legally married wife, any other woman he is frolicking with is Adultery.

GOD'S standard of Marriage is One man , One woman. Any other thing is Woman and man deceiving themselves in Adultery and Iniquity.

[b][/b]
Nevertheless, polygamy was never condemned in the Bible. Polygamy would not stop God from working with or through you.
God's standard of marriage is one man, one woman, yet we have an Abraham who is a friend of God and a David who is a man after God's heart.
Apart from the fact that most men lacks the wisdom to keep multiple women, I see nothing bad with polygamy, as long as you marry them the right way.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Farfalla(f): 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2022
The man again? Still feeling guilty about his infidelity? I thought by now he'd have come to terms with his new found "polygamous nature"?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Crafteck1: 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2022
greypencils:
Baba face front. I done talk my own. No dey quote me

On public forum? This crowd mentality never tire una?
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by dimco(m): 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2022
simplepee:
This one go explain tire until his throat ceases to produce saliva . It’s not a bad thing, rest kwanu.
Why disturbing people with series of explanations and defenses?
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by ibkayee(f): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2022
Can this guy just shut the hell up

You cheated on your wife, when an innocent child came about you started claiming polygamy despite your first wife not being a knowing or willing participant

If you aren't sorry for cheating that's fine, but just own the cheating with your chest

If you are sorry then give an apology and then move on (Nigerians will forgive MOST THINGS with just a well put together apology, especially when you're a guy. I can even help him write it grin)

Stop quoting Bible scriptures for us, he makes himself come across as disingenuous every coming day, he's so dumb to me omg lol I was indifferent to him before, now he just disgusts me

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 18, 2022
Menclothing:
Your life your choice

People dropping comment here some of them are worst

You made a choice

You all pray with Solomon.Abraham Joseph do they have one wife ?

Life is choice I don't support it do what makes you happy

Solomon: Had many wives , who 'drew him away from God.' The emphasis is on the 'they drew him away from God. The fact that he had many wives, and also that the wives were not of the House of Israel is seen as a NEGATIVE.

Abraham: Had Sarah, then Hagar (to have a child for sarah.). What Abraham did was done back in the day(research has proven this).....the wife gave a woman to bear children for the master if she was barren. The problem was that God HAD specifically promised that Sarah would bear the descendants of Abraham...and Abraham decided to help God along. Well...it caused a lot of discord in his house, did it not?
(Abraham married a second wife...after Sarah died). By taking Hagar into his tent, Abraham showed he did not believe in God being able to do what he said he would do.

Joseph son of Yaco'v, had one wife...Asenath. He did not have more than one wife. (Joseph in the NT bible is also portrayed as being married only to Mary...protestant view...or being married to another woman first, then when woman died, Mary...some catholics. Either way, he was not a polygamist)

p.s Most christians don't pray with Abraham, Solomon and Joseph...by the way.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by maasoap(m): 9:12pm On Dec 18, 2022
Live your life the way it pleases you as long as you are breaking the law. Haters can cry as much as they want, who cares? Polygamy rocks
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
Righteousness2, answer
baretalk:
Who will marry the rest women?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2022
treatise:

Brainwashed by TBN and CNN channels. People like you would be COOL with same sex marriage.

Well, most polygamous men in most cultures do not get the girl pregnant before marriage.

Even looking at the bible's polygamous examples...Jacob married his wives properly before he took them to bed. Ditto Elkanah, the father of Samuel...and all the kings of Israel that had wives and concubines.

King David, the only one who got Bathsheba, his wife, pregnant before marriage...one of his wives...got heavily condemmed for it. And suffered for it...one of several sins around that marriage.

Yul, even if we accept that the bible allows polygamy in christian marriage...still did wrong. He played away game, got the girl pregnant, and suddenly remembered he is a polygamist? Ok o.

What even annoys me is that he did not tell wife no 1 that he was a polygamist when they were dating...or back then, he was a monogamist,...or what?

Chill, some men and women need to say where they stand atimes...to prevent uneccesary wahala.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by misan1977: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2022
Hmmnn

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by wildernessVoice: 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2022
This man called himself Man of God..?
The least Man of God must be husband of one wife.

1 Timothy 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Morphinne: 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2022
Omicronvaccine:

Truly Christianity and that particular verse, Exodus 21:10 supports polygamy and I don’t know why our pastors aren’t taking about this very pertinent subject. Personally, polygamy is a no no for me because I will never love fairly but why are modern day Christians seeing it as an evil thing and condemn those practicing it (Muslims) when in fact, the scripture says the same thing about polygamy as the Muslims Quran. The two books both laid their emphasis on “fairness”
If you’re going to be getting yourself two or more wives, then make sure to always maintain just.
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by favour32(m): 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
If you get resources and ya money get tap root but you come get one wife...well na you sabi.
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Morphinne: 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2022
Righteousness2:

[b][/b]
Pastor are you sure?
Read Exodus 21:10 for us please
I’m not in support of what this young man did as he ought to have made his polygamist declaration known before his marriage to the first wife.
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by drsugar: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
Lol
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by Christistruth00: 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2022
baretalk:

You are speaking christianese, a religion brought to you by Romans via their English partners. Get sense, we marry women on Africa, if you can afford it.

That is why you continually produce the most Miserable and Wretched leaders on Earth

1 Like

Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by baretalk: 9:53pm On Dec 18, 2022
Christistruth00:

That is why you continually produce the most Miserable and Wretched leaders on Earth
What about Christians producing the most criminal religious leaders on earth. Who is to blame for that?

You are a fool, what's the connection between your religious zombism and politics?
Re: I Am A Very Proud Polygamist, The Bible Acknowledges Polygamy - Yul Edochie by pasuma(m): 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2022
Which God gave you the standard??

You know nothing about the religion you're practicing, just allow the man be.. he's right, the bible does not forbid it

Righteousness2:

[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Genevieve With Solange Knowles & Naomi Campbell (Picture) / Eva Alordiah Auctions Her Dog (Photos) / "Next Time I Won't Take The Blame, Advice Your Gf's And Sisters" - Mc Galaxy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.