Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? (626 Views)

If Obi Doesn't Condemn Datti's Treasonable Comments, Then He Is Guilty - Omokri / Dele Momodu: Doyin Okupe Is Owing Me $20,000 From 2015 Bet On Jonathan / "I Am Guilty, But My Trial Is Politically Motivated!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? by OldNairalander(m): 2:39pm On Dec 19, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? by Moh247: 2:46pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ignorance

You can withdraw any amount from your personal account

But you can't transact some amount with others without declaring the source

Money laundering act is available online

3 Likes

Re: Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? by OldNairalander(m): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2022
Money laundering is the process of concealing the origin of money, obtained from illicit activities such as drug trafficking, corruption, embezzlement or gambling, by converting it into a legitimate source. It is a crime in many jurisdictions with varying definitions. It is usually a key operation of organized crime

Moh247:
Ignorance

You can withdraw any amount from your personal account

But you can't transact some amount with others without declaring the source

Money laundering act is available online

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? by Moh247: 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
OldNairalander:
Money laundering is the process of concealing the origin of money, obtained from illicit activities such as drug trafficking, corruption, embezzlement or gambling, by converting it into a legitimate source. It is a crime in many jurisdictions with varying definitions. It is usually a key operation of organized crime

While retaining the erstwhile threshold value on cash payment transactions to a sum exceeding N5, 000,000 (five million naira) for individuals and N10,000,000 (ten million naira) for corporate bodies, the MLA 2022 criminalises any attempt at breaking up transactions in a bid to side-step the threshold value stated in the Act. In essence, multiple cash transactions may be summed up in determining whether the threshold value has been reached, and the prohibitory regime of the Act has been breached. This is not a strange approach in Nigeria, as a similar provision is contained in other laws in Nigeria.
Re: Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? by funshint(m): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
There's no violation here. This is what the laundering money act says; "no individual or organization shall receive any sum above N5 million and N10 million respectively without passing through a financial institution". So far there's a record for that money being brought from the bank if you like carry all your money inside ship.
Re: Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? by Moh247: 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
OldNairalander:

What I am saying here is, if Dangote goes to UBA and ask for 10billion of his personal money requesting a withdrawal and takes it to his house he has committed no crime

If Same Dangote goes ahead to take the 10billion cash to pay for Drugs, Corruption and gambling

He has committed money laundering
Re: Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? by Millimann: 3:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
Moh247:

What I am saying here is, if Dangote goes to UBA and ask for 10billion of his personal money requesting a withdrawal and takes it to his house he has committed no crime

Mr man, Dangote cannot go to any bank and withdraw 10billion in cash. The new CBN policy does not permit that.

Even before the new CBN policy he cannot withdraw it without paying 3% cash handling charges. Do you know how much it translates to?
Re: Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? by OldNairalander(m): 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
If Dangote use the said money for election buying on election day, it is not corruption right? and it doesn't amount to money laundering abii?
I need to be educated

Moh247:

If Same Dangote goes ahead to take the 10billion cash to pay for Drugs, Corruption and gambling

He has committed money laundering

1 Like

Re: Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? by Moh247: 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
OldNairalander:
If Dangote use the said money for election buying on election day, it is not corruption right? and it doesn't amount to money laundering abii?
I need to be educated

For you to be guilty of vote buying under electoral laws you must take the said 10 billion to a Polling Unit and distribute it to voters

If Dangote drove his 10 billion straight to his personal house without election polling unit in his bedroom he isn't laible of any offense
Re: Okupe Is Guilty But What About This On Election Day? by Moh247: 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2022
OldNairalander:
I need to be educated

Now EFCC must have to prove that Dangote moved the money from his house

And gave it to voters on an Election day while election are on going

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Will Definitely Win These States,by God Grace / APC Has Done What PDP Couldn’t Do In 16 Years – Enang / They're Mere Agitators Agitating For Their Rights To Rape And Kill- Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.