Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,042 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy (28057 Views)

Money Laundering: Okupe Pays ₦‎13 Million Fine, Escapes Two-Year Jail / Money Laundering: Okupe Found Guilty, Sentenced To Two Years In Prison / Anamber 2021: Obiano Criticizes Judge For Unfavorable Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by chisomkachy: 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7487690/court-convicts-okupe-breaching-money

Wife and son of Doyin Okupe, former Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Media to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, on Monday, begged a Federal High Court in Abuja to tamper justice with mercy on Okupe’s sentencing.

Omolola and Adesunkanmi Okupe spoke as witnesses shortly after the court reconvened following the defendant’s conviction.

The court presided over by Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu, had convicted Okupe of breaching the Money Laundering Act.

Justice Ojukwu, in a judgment, held that Okupe was found guilty of contravening Sections 16(1)&(2) of the Money Laundering Act, for accepting cash payments without going through a financial institution, in excess of the threshold allowed under the Act.

Okupe is the Director General of the Presidential Campaign Council (PCC) of the Labour Party (LP).

Okupe was said to have received N240 million in cash from the office of the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (retired).

Besides the wife and the son that testified to Okupe’s good character and honesty before the court, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife and former Director-General of the National Orientation Agency (NOA), Dr. Idi Farouk, also gave their evidence and appealed for leniency.

The judge had, earlier, stood down proceedings for Okupe to exercise his right under Section 310 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) to call witnesses to testify about his character, before the court could proceed to pronounce sentence on the convict.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/12/19/wife-son-beg-for-mercy-as-court-convicts-okupe-over-n240m-fraud/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by SLAP44: 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
Witch hunting

52 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by God1000(m): 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
I hope it isn't political persecution, he should be punished if found wanting.

However I don't like selective judgement, corrupt APC members should also be punished.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by PrinceOfLagos: 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
Okupe committed this crime when he was still in PDP And Atiku was vice president under the umbrella of PDP

Atiku should step down immediately because PDP is a party of thieves

119 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by Urheadmaster(m): 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
Doyin Okupe is not a good example for the nation and he deserved to be punished for is crimes against humanity tongue

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by fuckJones(f): 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Okupe committed this crime when he was still in PDP And Atiku was the vice president

Atiku should step down immediately

peter obi was also the member of PDP, they should both step down

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by Urheadmaster(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
tongue
He was until he realises that he was in the wrong circles.

Hence why he japa from the looters party tongue

fuckJones:

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by DeepThroater: 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
The gay son or another one ?

Because that faggin is too busy sucking cuck and taking it up his ass to give a FCK about anything.

9 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by Cyberterror: 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
Arabambi cried about the looting going on in Labour party under the watchful eyes of Okupe and Obi but he was silenced and expelled from the party. Peter Obi is the same thief he was in APGA, PDP and now Labour party. Different rooms but the same bitch.

Reminder:
Peter Obi is a packaged fraudster
-Gov. Chukwuma Soludo

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by DeepThroater: 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
SLAP44:
Witch hunting

He can appeal up to supreme court.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by DeepThroater: 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Okupe committed this crime when he was still in PDP And Atiku was the vice president

Atiku should step down immediately

Ignorance

Atiku was GEJ's VP abi ?

Ewu

22 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by PrinceOfLagos: 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
Cyberterror:
Arabambi cried about the looting going on in Labour party under the watchful eyes of Okupe and Obi but he was silenced and expelled from the party. Peter Obi is the same thief he was in APGA, PDP and now Labour party. Different rooms but the same bitch.

Reminder:
Peter Obi is a packaged fraudster
-Gov. Chukwuma Soludo
Stop talking nonsense

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by Givemehope(f): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
Compliment of the season to you all. Thanks to God for the gift of life.

5 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by TheTWM: 3:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
Nice.
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by ATEAMS: 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
WOW

1 Like

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by sharpshap(m): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
No be my concern
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by opanco: 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
I have never done this before but current situations got me jittery. I need help with a good job. I have a good Bsc. I graduated with a 2.1 Am an orphan. I struggled to go to school. Now I finished. A good job is hard to find. It seems because I don't have someone highly connected I can't get a good job. I need help. Am 34 years. I need to make headway in life. My mates are married. I have been doing small small jobs here and there, from one State to another but they don't seem to break the ice. Please if you can be my destiny helper, I will forever appreciate. Am computer literate and a graphics designer. You can reach me on 07034930579

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by kanicorp9(m): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
i see

but all this people jobless make them go find work for veda

2 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by Realists(m): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
SLAP44:
Witch hunting

You be wizard be that

2 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by adioolayi(m): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
Baba Okupe, ...abeg, go chop small beans jare...

The Nigerian masses that should have benefited from that arms deal, had it been the project was judiciously executed have suffered pain and anguish at the hands of Bokoharam..

Many villages deserted.. people lived as if Nigeria was under heavy war...

So, if you go jail for a while and chop watery beans small...e no too bad.

Quickly go and come back

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by Moh247: 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
grin

Peter Obi and Dasuki gate Okupe

11 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by DennisEche(m): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
smiley
See LP party Attacking minister, with all the Holy Holy, See people frolicking with Obi. Seems APC will be a childs play compare to LP because them never even enter power they are already looting. Taraba LP chairman ran away with 21M party campaign funds

5 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by doxtun: 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
This changes nothing. Voters are already decided on who they’ll be voting for. I am from the SW and my vote is going to Peter Obi irrespective of what the media cooks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by derecho(m): 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
LP
Forward Ever

2 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by SmartyPants(m): 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Okupe committed this crime when he was still in PDP And Atiku was vice president under the umbrella of PDP

Atiku should step down immediately because PDP is a party of thieves

Something that happened under GEJ?

Btw hope you're aware that Peter Obi is indictable under this same law?

12 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by Famofamo: 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
Id
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by Angelfrost(m): 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
Why do they always beg or feign illness when they get caught and prosecuted?!!

You steal with audacity, serve your punishment with equal alacrity! Mtchewwww!

8 Likes

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by CheedyJ(m): 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
A
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by DevilSignature: 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
angry
Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by 1b8m: 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
fuckJones:

step down for who? Bulaba? grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Money Laundering: Okupe's Wife, Son Beg Judge For Mercy by illicit(m): 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
I never hear this one before

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tony Blair Confirms Meeting With Buhari-vanguard / Ike Ekweremadu Eats With Widows As His Wife Gives Them Money,Rice & Wrappers / Adeleye Gbenga And Dimeji Adeleye Attacked In Ekiti, Beaten Mercilessly (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.