Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' (18022 Views)

Hyena Vs Big Cats – Which Is Stronger / Meet Kody Antle 'the Tiger King' / Police Search For Man Who Painted Dog Like Tiger To Scare Locals In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by chokekachy: 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
US President Joe Biden on Tuesday signed a bill banning private ownership of tigers and other big cats along with "cub petting." This bill aims to limit the ownership of tigers, lions, jaguars and other big cats to zoos, sanctuaries, universities and agencies. The bill was previously passed by the US Congress and was made into law after Biden signed it. Animal advocacy groups and conservationists alike have hailed the move which protects wildlife creatures.

Big Cat Public Safety Act
This bill revises requirements governing the trade of big cats (i.e., species of lion, tiger, leopard, cheetah, jaguar, or cougar or any hybrid of such species). Specifically, it revises restrictions on the possession and exhibition of big cats, including restricting direct contact between the public and big cats, as per US Congress.

The bill prohibits direct contact between the public and big cats as seen in Netflix series "Tiger King," which featured the exploits of a flamboyant private zoo owner named Joe Exotic. It is an American true crime documentary streaming television series about the life of Joe. Joe Exotic, whose real name is Joe Maldonado-Passage, was sentenced in January 2020 to 22 years in prison for attempting to kill a rival animal refuge owner, Carole Baskin. The series focuses on the small but deeply interconnected society of big cat conservationists such as Carole Baskin, owner of Big Cat Rescue, and collectors such as Exotic, whom Baskin accuses of abusing and exploiting wild animals.

Current owners of big cats
Current owners of big cats are exempted but will have to register the animals with the US Fish & Wildlife Service.

PETA applauds POTUS signing the bill
After Biden signed the bill that became a law, animal advocacy group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has applauded the move. The group said that after this landmark move, now Tiger Kings can no longer cash in on the suffering of big-cat cubs removed from their caged mothers.

"This law caps off years of PETA legal actions that resulted in the rescue of 75 big cats, took down Tiger King villains Tim Stark and Jeff Lowe, and established that big-cat cub petting violates the Endangered Species Act. PETA has now set its sights on ending photo ops with baby bears, otters, sloths, and other exploited animals who deserve to be with their families, and it urges everyone never to give a dime to animal exploiters," PETA Foundation General Counsel for Captive Animal Law Enforcement Brittany Peet said in a statement.

https://www.wionews.com/world/biden-signs-tiger-king-bill-banning-big-cats-ownership-545099

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by highskies(m): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
Haa, this one na gbese ooo. More reason for all states to adopt open carry grin grin (respectfully) though with enhanced vetting for “konvicts”.

Your cat do anyhow, he go heaven straight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by hisroyalrealnes(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ok
Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by ipobarecriminals: 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Very good.The way some whites they toy with their life here eh.i can't even allow my children touch dolphin sad. I only keep one Dog.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Boniee(m): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Wow
Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by ednut1(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
grin who remembers the netflix series on those cat kings
Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Techpik: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
grin
Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Bobbysmicky(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
U put everyone around u in danger if u own one

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by LilVast1(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lol
E no concern us for Naija

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by DevilSignature: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
angry

Nice one

Please this bill should be applicable to ownership of snakes

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Peterobi90: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
This is actually good.. with the advent of social media, most homes are fast becoming zoos....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by FrancescoFarino(f): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Donald Trump's coming back 2024

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Ikem11(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
As a leader of the Comment Reading Association (CRA), I’m only here to read comments. Please keep the comments short and simple.

I do appreciate your typing effort. Also please watch your spellings. Thank you and have a great day!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by lwisee: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
@Seun Osewa

Try to improve on this website
We can't even share gif and emojis haba.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Ishilove: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Why will anyone want to privately own a wild animal??

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by bewla(m): 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
G
Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Nsonaso(m): 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2022
Good
Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Nsonaso(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ikem11:
As a leader of the Comment Reading Association (CRA), I’m only here to read comments. Please keep the comments short and simple.

I do appreciate your typing effort. Also please watch your spellings. Thank you and have a great day!

1 bottle of Vawulence for you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by descarado: 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2022
I agree with the bill.
The same with monkey and big snake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Ikem11(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
Nsonaso:

1 bottle of Vawulence for you.

My brother no peace grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by tamdun: 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Mike tyson won't like this news

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Mercury12(m): 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lol una go get sense by force grin

Big cats equals Gruesome and gory death undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Shezkid01(m): 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
Blue
Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Emmy3(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
DM me today for your;

* Investment & Trading websites (with SMS alerts)
* NFT website
* E-commerce Website
* School Website
* Online Hotel Booking & Website
* Real Estate Website
* Cryptocurrency Exchange
* Market Place website
* Courier/Delivery Website
* Token Creating & Smart Contract Deployment
* Any other kind of website
* Android Apps for your broker, banks e.t.c
* Other Android Apps
* iOS Apps

O7O38I369&2

1 Like

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Enemyofpeace: 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
That's not fair o

�"The female breast is also an energy drink"

~World Health Organisation
(WHO)
Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by Roger3D(m): 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
Hahanno:
And I was still thinking of getting one
Actually you were thinking of cutting your life short

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by exnovio(m): 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
And he signed same sex marriages into law... homosexuality is more dangerous than wild cats.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by descarado: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ishilove:
Why will anyone want to privately own a wild animal??
Widely practiced in arab countries as sign of affluence. They call them exotic animals.
Their kits and kins in other countries emulate them, and it has started spreading to other nationalities

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Tiger King': Biden Signs Bill Banning Private Ownership Of 'big Cats' by chris4gold(m): 2:29pm On Dec 21, 2022
Okay na

(1) (2) (Reply)

Affordable Website For Your Business / Caucasian Vs Rottweiler - Which Is More Aggressive? / My First Caucasian Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.