Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Lets Discuss The Global Insecurity And Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Discuss The Global Insecurity And Nigeria (856 Views)

#dasukigate: Falae Calls Bode George To Discuss The Money Received / President Elect Gen. Buhari On TVC Live!! Lets Discuss The Info From Him / Remote, Immediate Causes Of Crimes, Insecurity And Instability In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lets Discuss The Global Insecurity And Nigeria by BIGERBOY1: 6:42am On Sep 01, 2011
everyone will agree with me that d current level of insecurity is unprecedented (at least in our generation).

my question is is there a possitive correlation between presence of foreign forces and local violence in a particular region?

CENTRAL ASIA
Take d afghan pakistan region b4 d presence of NATO, d region was relatively peaceful, bombings were quite very rear, and even though some parts had dictators they enjoyed some degree of peace and security, but came NATo we all know what followed,

MIDDLE EAST
iraq is a classic example, yes saddam was a dictator, but I prefer dat iraq to this current iraq with bombs going up at an average of evry 13 hrs, yet crude exports thrive and currution rules. and know d present insecurity started with NATO involvenent there and yada yada yada,

HORN OF AFRICA
somalia has been inconflict throgh out recent times but b4 2009 or thereabout there was an in formal agreement between d tribes clans and  religious group to form some kind of govt, and there was peace.and security throuout that time. then some group in d west encouraged ethiopia to send in troops to distablize d somalian form of govt, which was done and now we all know what followed with al shabaab and d recent food crisis

AFRICA MAIN

I dont know what d lybians lacked to actually bring this anarchy upon them selves. in a country which hosted migrant workers from africa and beyond while their lazy @ss youths r pampered given a house at certain age and evenloans from govt to get married! surely d quest for democraxy doesnt justify d current anarchy and uncertain future neither is it woth it, as our OBJ rightly said ther is no guarantee dat external change will guarantee lasting peace and security. one thin is certain in future lybia though - guaranteed flow of cheap crude to week western economies

NIGERIA
BH is a reality. take it or leave it. But they didnt come from mars or out of nowhere. the carelesness, curruption and serial abuse and lack of coherent policies towards education, social dev and welfare is responsible for all our sexurity issues. Be it sinners turned saints - MEND, new kids on d block - BH or the others like OPC etc

finally it will b a collosal foreign policy mis calculaton to think foreign invovement in 9ja wil ameleorate the security problems, nay,  d solution lies in wat created d probs in d first place,

let me here your opinions on d above issues

(1) (Reply)

Flight Dispute: Ba, Others To Now Pay For Airport Slots! / The Real Cost Of Nigeria Petrol- By Dr. Izielen Agbon / Fuel Subsidy Protests: Government To Shut Down Blackberry Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.