Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,514 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood (27243 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / 15 Most Expensive Hotel Rooms In Nigeria / The 5 Most Expensive Places To Live In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by stunna2(m): 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2011
baslone:

Yes, I keep recycling 2 or 3 names because birds of same feathers flock together! Not all billionaires are thieves!

I know how 95percent of Nigerians overseas(same feather) live unless if anyone wants to convince me other wise.

I just hate it when people keep blaming the government and other people for their misfortunes.

It ain't ma fault! I am just another hustler trying to make a decent living and I have my role models!

I'm outta here because I am already sensing the frustration before anyone takes it out on me!

oh boy, im dealing with another wanna be, eh!! does it occur to ya it is mostly not who u think u know but who knows ya? if what i suspect that neither of these people have ever or will ever hear ur name in several lifetimes to come is true, then ur life is even more pathetic as u have now based ur life in an alternate reality where u think that u r the same as these people whose names you recycle since after all u dream to be like them so you r just like them already - but only in ur own mind!! a delusion

no wonder u see any valid or invalid attack on their wisdom as an attack on you, hence ur emotional response!

i understand a wanna be like u in terms of the psychology of ur behaviour but that does not make ur behaviour okay!

dont be a docile follower, ask questions of ur idols, k

anyways, there r leaders and there r followers , and u sound like the later to me! what do u think?
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by stunna2(m): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2011
tpia@:

^^the more you type the more i.diotic and disgusting you sound.

i'd give it a rest if i were you.

we r still waiting for the pictures of your banana republic, and pls attack the issue at hand and stop jumping and floating from one thing to another just looking for something to hang on to!! once you justify spending millions of Dollars on what we think is average apartments modelled from the late 1970s to early 1990s and i can show u pics of local buildings here from that era that ur Banana island is based on, then we can move on! you have derailed the issue enuff already, so go back and settle it with picture proof or concede that the place is average and that it is indeed not worth the millions of dollars some people are spending on it, hence the vacant places there as reported, k

then it will be rested
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by ak47mann(m): 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2011
^^
i think they see 2million dollars like 2million naira you know in nigeria they call millions and billions any how,the common man think you can get million dollars from tree grin grin grin grin dont blame them they dont know the meaning of inflation cheesy
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by GoldCircle: 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2011
tpia@:

^^the more you type the more i.diotic and disgusting you sound.

i'd give it a rest if i were you.
@tpia, can't you see there's absolutely no point exchanging words with this lost fool? its practically impossible to help him retrace his steps from the way he writes here. No matter how hard a lizard tries to blend in a stream, it can never become a crocodile. A pig will always be a pig!!!
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by tpia5: 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2011
^Very pointless i agree.

I'll just blame the visa officials as usual.

Thanks to them, every rascal is boasting of another person's papa's house as if na dem own.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by stunna2(m): 3:25am On Sep 09, 2011
ak47mann:

^^
i think they see 2million dollars like 2million naira you know in nigeria they call millions and billions any how,the common man think you can get million dollars from tree grin grin grin grin dont blame them they dont know the meaning of inflation cheesy

thanks Ak47,
there r those on the know and those who r hopelessly miss-informed!! and these two bellow fall into that later group and any educated person here can see that they have assumed NL is a village and they are somehow the village elders and should somehow carry the day with their ignorant uneducated world view!!

we may all not be Dagota and do not wish to be him but its also very obvious that we r also not all fools like the two coming here to show pictures of outdated average apartments and talking about millions of dollars as if it's picked on the streets!!

and @fakegold/tpia

hate me or love me, the only time i need a Visa is when coming to nigeria and i dont go to the embassy, just mail in my documents and get the Visa in the mail, otherwise if the nation is important anywhere on earth, then it's Visa free for me as i carry the passport of one of the richest and most advanced and most respected nations on earth; and you two - ur ignorance and arrogance towards/wishful thinking about me or anyone else here on NL is just what it is, foolish and baseless!!
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by ladygogo: 1:14am On Sep 10, 2011
@ lady gogo

good for you- the owners of the system will soon let you know whats up.

@tpia. Know whats up? As in, I no dey Yankee, where their citizens pay out of pocket for healthcare.

Canada socialized their healthcare system many years ago,

If Naija was so amazing, why are most people still jetting out to have their babies?

If the healthcare system was so good, why are the rich and politicians still travelling to DUBAI, INDIA, EGYPT, SAUDI ARABIA(imagine) to get diagnosed?

That country is messed up! The earlier we as citizens accept that fact. The better for us.

Thank you much!
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by tpia5: 3:18am On Sep 10, 2011
^^keep yapping there.

you'll soon know say another man's land no be your own.

read this for your viewing pleasure:

Cherokees expel descendants of slaves from tribe

One of the nation's largest American Indian tribes has sent letters to about 2,800 descendants of slaves once owned by its members, revoking their citizenship and cutting their medical care, food stipends, low-income homeowners' assistance and other services.

The Cherokee Nation acted this week after its Supreme Court upheld the results of a 2007 special vote to amend the Cherokee constitution and remove the slaves' descendants and other non-Indians from tribal rolls. The 300,000-member tribe is the biggest in Oklahoma, although many of its members live elsewhere.

Olive Anderson, 70, of Kansas City, Mo., called the letter she received "a slap in the face."

"It tears me up to think they can attack my ancestors," Anderson said.

The tribe never owned black slaves, but some individual members did. They were freed after the Civil War, in which the tribe allied with the Confederacy. An 1866 treaty between the tribe and the federal government gave the freedmen and their descendants "all the rights of native Cherokees."

http://news.yahoo.com/cherokees-expel-descendants-slaves-tribe-221550348.html.

if they can think of expelling people who have been part of them since 1866, let me see what magic you'll perform in your own case.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by tpia5: 3:24am On Sep 10, 2011
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by ladygogo: 2:27am On Sep 11, 2011
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood
« #135 on: Yesterday at 03:18:42 AM »

^^keep yapping there.

you'll soon know say another man's land no be your own.

read this for your viewing pleasure:

Cherokees expel descendants of slaves from tribe

One of the nation's largest American Indian tribes has sent letters to about 2,800 descendants of slaves once owned by its members, revoking their citizenship and cutting their medical care, food stipends, low-income homeowners' assistance and other services.

The Cherokee Nation acted this week after its Supreme Court upheld the results of a 2007 special vote to amend the Cherokee constitution and remove the slaves' descendants and other non-Indians from tribal rolls. The 300,000-member tribe is the biggest in Oklahoma, although many of its members live elsewhere.

O[b]live Anderson, 70, of Kansas City, Mo., called the letter she received "a slap in the face."

"It tears me up to think they can attack my ancestors," Anderson said.

The tribe never owned black slaves, but some individual members did. They were freed after the Civil War, in which the tribe allied with the Confederacy. An 1866 treaty between the tribe and the federal government gave the freedmen and their descendants "all the rights of native Cherokees."

http://news.yahoo.com/cherokees-expel-descendants-slaves-tribe-221550348.html.

if they can think of expelling people who have been part of them since 1866, let me see what magic you'll perform in your own case.[/b]

Who are the they? The Cherokee Indians? OMG! Even though they were the inhabitants of the land before the Europeans came, they are now a minority. I don't think they make up to 1% of the US population. So who gives a isht!Canada still has more First Nations people than the United States.
The descendants of black slaves were ousted out of the Cherokee tribe, not out of the United States. The Cherokees are American Indians.

In other words, those descendants of black slaves are still United States Citizens. Ok,

It still doesn't change the fact that our country is in disarray!
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by rasmur5: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2011
True, Banana republic is really no better and depending on where you live;  it may not even be as good as your average middle class surburb in large North American cities. Yes, prices there are outrageous and there are some nice architectural pieces but the neighborhood itself is nothing special.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by moremi2008(m): 7:10am On Jan 21, 2012
I still insist that Banana Island properties are money-miss-road investments! This is what $2 million buys you in the U.S.!!!

1) Trump International Hotel and Tower: A fantastic apartment on top of a world-class hotel and spa in the middle of downtown Chicago with sprawling views of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2) 75 Wall Street: an apartment in the middle of the financial capital of the universe with fantastic luxury amenities (including butler service) and a luxury hotel in the lower floors.

3) A luxury pad in Beverly Hills with in the midst of Hollywood stars:

Do you now realize how foolish $2million investment in a Banana Island property with no electricity, decent roads, functioning police force is? Hahahaha! Money don miss road oh! grin grin grin grin
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by ak47mann(m): 11:46am On Jan 21, 2012
^^^

Educate them Africans cool
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by eghost247(m): 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
Ki lo de its too expensive
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by baslone: 10:27am On Jan 22, 2012
Nigerians too get ideas, even those running on empty stomach!

Plenty, plenty ideas grin
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by iDo3: 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2012
At least when the revolution starts - people know where to attack first
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Nobody: 6:32am On Aug 21, 2012
oncolor:

Same here. That must be an imaginary friend. How can you hit a jackpot and you say you don't want to claim the prize.

Jackpot what Dont let a woman be your ladder to riches. You may get a lifetime insult, that is if you really care about your self worth.

All men do not think alike anyway.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 21, 2012
M M M:
i have 2 house dere & i dont even see it as an investment angry

I believe you.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 21, 2012
odiaero: @op , i dont think so, Osborn Estate is the most expensive and beautiful, in 2009, i wanted to rent a house in  there, $100,000 was the price, with pool and Generator set, but what stopped me was double agent they have, so i refused to go further, but at last when i look back, am glad i did  not rent that, because it would have been foolishness, and some people in this life are looking for 70,000 naira just to pay for a full year house rent in some part of the country and they dont have, while am wasting 15 million per annum times two to rent just a flat, even overseas , $15,000 will get you a house better than the ones in Banna or Osborn for per annum.

The thing is even our hotels are expensive than the overseas hotel, even the white men are complaining about how expensive and low quality our hotels are when they visit

Are you sharing a testimony ''You wanted renting it but did not''. What was your alternative arrangement now 10,000 naira self contained OR ....

Nice meeting you again, aerospace engineer
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 03, 2012
M M M:
i have 2 house dere & i dont even see it as an investment angry

As a realtor at times I wonder why its so pricey but most investors still consider Banana island a good choice due to dollar return on investment annually and requests for purchase by clients inspite of the high price tags.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Rossikk(m): 2:07am On Sep 04, 2012
alexola20: Anyway I don't see any difference in this building and the various estate I have lived outside the so called Nigeria.where we have constant and uninterrupted electricity,finest security u can ever think of,good roads,street lights that will make u think it's 4pm while u r already at 2am.When u go out in the city,u see beautiful faces and smiling people.And I paid less than $10000 a year.
In ur so called banana Island,when u leave the so called place,all what u ll see r crying faces,begging faces,ugly faces,poverty stricken faces,etc

It's a waste of money and resources owning anything expensive in Nigeria. It's like owning a zoo in the midst of wild forest.It's no news.

What a load of rubbish. Those same western nations you worship were once in the exact position Nigeria is - wealthy elite with sharp income differences with the less well-off. In the UK, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, and even Wembley, were built in Victorian times - when mass poverty and deprivation were the order of the day in the UK. If all the well-to-do had fled the country on the grounds it was ''a waste of time owning anything expensive here'', they (and the west at large) would not have developed to the point you can sit there today praising them.

So think before you type.
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
ak47mann: OK if they want sell there apartment,for hw much and who will buy that over hyped flat in unstable economy like Nigeria don't hope on foreign investors cos they ain't buying that crap of a building. third world country selling flats for that price abeg fifty cent the rapper should buy one for MTV crip grin grin grin

My guy, inspite of the high price tags in banana island people still buy. I know of a colleagues client who as of this morning want 4 units of duplexes for outright purchase.

Even some apartments and penthouses goes for btw $120,000 - $150,000 per annum exclusive of service charge
Re: Behold - Nigeria Most Expensive Neighbourhood by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 1:43pm On May 06, 2013
BY SOUTH AFRICAN STANDARDS THESE ARE ALL SLUMS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DCHEAP SHIT FROM SHITHOLE NAIJA. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Catholic Corpers Travelling From Uyo To Rivers Involved In Accident (Graphic) / Sunday Morning Accident At Lekki Toll Gate Leaves Several People Injured / Flood Destroys Over N15m Worth Of Goods In Aba, Renders Many Homeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.