Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,640 members, 7,851,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:08 PM

Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka (752 Views)

Charge Sheet For Godwin Emefiele / Anambra 2021: The Coast Still Clear For Godwin Maduka / President Ibrahim Babangida Is Alive - Yemi Saka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka by TheRareGem1(f): 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2022
By Deyemi Saka

It is sad that this Buhari-led administration has demonstrated it’s very good at destroying the credentials of persons especially those in the forefront of executing its policies and also have taken heat on many occasions for the government.

They are held responsible for the clumsiness and rudderlessness of the administration as a result of blackmail and imbecilic narratives pushed forward by supporters of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari(retd.) in a bid to shield him from taking responsibility of his failures and chronic knowledge-gap of governance.

The first instance is Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen GCON, the former Chief Justice of Nigeria who was removed from office, but not without causing extensive damage to his reputation in public domain. That was the first time in my life I heard of “naira domiciliary account”(something gleefully syndicated by their unintelligent vuvuzelic supporters) and also when a CJN was removed from office with an ex parte order.

The second instance was the unceremonious removal of Ibrahim Magu from office as the chair of Economic Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Magu was charged and found guilty in public court. He was accused of corrupt enrichment and other sundry matters. Just as it was in the case of Walter Onnoghen, due process was not followed and again, their successors are worse off.

Again, cases against these two were dropped and a sort of apology and appeasement were offered to these two men. Magu was recently promoted.

NYCN demands Emefiele’s resignation
While CJN Ariwoola and DG Pen Com, Aisha Dahir-Umar is on the waiting list, their latest victim is the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele.

I’m wondering why the onslaught on Emefiele? Please do not get it twisted, I am not a fan of his, but Emefiele was retained and reappointed by Buhari because he was doing his bidding.

Every of the CBN’s policy under Emefiele’s leadership was in line with Buhari’s agenda.

True to his (Buhari’s) nature as being the greatest self preservationist known to mankind, he has demonstrated his resolve to throw Emefiele under the bus. He did for his deputy, Yemi Osinbajo.

I must say again that the replacement they have in mind is not to serve the internet of Nigerians through innovative monetary policies initiatives, it is to do their bidding.

The politicians needs cash to spend during the forthcoming elections. We all have it on tape when the Minister of Aviation Hadi Sirika recently at an event boasted “they have a lot of money”

And for DSS, I’m wondering when they will follow up the warning on marketers of petroleum products who they accuse of economic terrorism and also when will they charge the former DG (Lawal Daura) of the agency to court for treason over the invasion of National Assembly during the days of Senator Bukola Saraki as president of the Senate?

I’m forced to ask, why the hunt for Emefiele?

Deyemi Saka a Lead Partner, Lambert and Curtis writes from Abuja, Nigeria

https://www.chronicle.ng/2022/12/why-hunt-for-godwin-emefiele-yemi-saka/

1 Like

Re: Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka by MarketDispatch: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2022
One Artist sang Nigeria Jaga Jaga

1 Like

Re: Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2022
They didn't assume they policy will affect them negatively. Since it turn out this bad against them, someone must take the fall for others to rise.

We rice by beansing others tongue

1 Like

Re: Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka by Jack005(m): 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2022
Time will tell how far

1 Like

Re: Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka by Buhari4sale: 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2022
Una wan dey whine us abi? Chicken is sold at the same price we used ro buy a whole goat 4 years ago. The president, CBN governor, the person that wrote this article and the next person to comment below me, Xmas thunder will strike you. Nigeria is finished
Re: Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka by huptin(m): 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2022
Those allegations against Emefiele are weighty..let him clear himself.
Re: Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka by alpharoyalty: 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2022
Well said.
I believe this is the first government in the history of the world where the head of state and president of a country is never held responsible or accountable for anything.
From security to education to economy to petroleum.
Just take a look. Everything is in shambles. And who get thrown under the bus? It's never the incompetent president. Someone else.
A clueless, incompetent and ruderless illiterate of an idiot that calls himself a president.
The man has finished Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka by Nuzo1(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2022
Whoever or whatever is wrong,..

Whether for ulterior motives or for the right reasons….

The president must not be held responsible for any mess in any sector…including the petroleum ministry that he is heading.

Dude is a very lucky man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Hunt For Godwin Emefiele? By Yemi Saka by bluebay(m): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2022
You need to go deeply into the names and cases you me menrioned before you conclude - in case of Magu, he stole . The case of CBN Governor , I believe what's currently happening is as a result of splitted power tussle

(1) (Reply)

Throwback: Yoruba Community In Akwa, Anambra, Coronate New King / Obaseki’s faction triumphs over Wike’s men at Supreme Court / Boss Mustapha Is Not Working Against Tinubu - APC Debunks Allegation, Warns Blac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.