Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,991 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Humans Are The Same Everywhere... Reminded Me Of Asaba Massacre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Humans Are The Same Everywhere... Reminded Me Of Asaba Massacre (250 Views)

Biafrans Storm Anfield Stadium To Commemorate The Asaba Massacre- Pictures / Asaba Massacre : Asaba Should Forgive And Forget- General Gowon / Asaba Massacre: Untold Story Of Tragedy And Carnage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Humans Are The Same Everywhere... Reminded Me Of Asaba Massacre by ScamHunter: 10:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
And the ongoing Fulani ethnic cleansing actively being covered up by the press.

The Wounded Knee Massacre

Almost 132 years to the day, on December 29, 1890, nearly three hundred Lakota people were brutally murdered by US Army soldiers near Wounded Knee Creek, South Dakota.

The massacre was the very “climax” in the US Army’s efforts to repress the Plains Indians, and it broke the final resistance of the Native Americans against the European invaders.

Here are some eyewitness accounts.

—American Horse (1840–1908):[1]

There was a woman with an infant in her arms who was killed as she almost touched the flag of truce ... A mother was shot down with her infant; the child not knowing that its mother was dead was still nursing ... The women as they were fleeing with their babies were killed together, shot right through ... and after most all of them had been killed a cry was made that all those who were not killed or wounded should come forth and they would be safe. Little boys ... came out of their places of refuge, and as soon as they came in sight a number of soldiers surrounded them and butchered them there.

—Black Elk (1863–1950):[2]

I did not know then how much was ended. When I look back now from this high hill of my old age, I can still see the butchered women and children lying heaped and scattered all along the crooked gulch as plain as when I saw them with eyes still young. And I can see that something else died there in the bloody mud, and was buried in the blizzard.

Unarmed mothers and babies, young boys and older men — all butchered and slain.

One of the most iconic pictures in American history, the introductory image above shows the Lakota chief Spotted Elk lying dead in the snow, after having been lethally shot at Wounded Knee.

It looks like he tries to stand up again, to no avail.

The Indians never recuperated after the Wounded Knee Massacre, and their proud heart was buried forever in the snowy mud at Wounded Knee.

A great dream was over.

Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: Humans Are The Same Everywhere... Reminded Me Of Asaba Massacre by tollyboy5(m): 10:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
The eauropeans killed alot of indians in the USA . Sometimes I wonder how large indians would have been worldwide if ethnic cleansing never happened.
It seems some countries like Grenada, Trinidad and Tobago also have these native indians as natives also.
Re: Humans Are The Same Everywhere... Reminded Me Of Asaba Massacre by muyico(m): 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
U must be kidding me?? Pipple u c and they skins were different u knw? Were different u knw!
Re: Humans Are The Same Everywhere... Reminded Me Of Asaba Massacre by christistruth01: 11:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
Ojukwu Biafran Soldiers Slaughtered almost all the Northerners in Asaba on the night they invaded the Midwest

The Asaba Massacre was the revenge attack to it
Re: Humans Are The Same Everywhere... Reminded Me Of Asaba Massacre by RealTalkNoBull: 11:29pm On Dec 26, 2022
Re: Humans Are The Same Everywhere... Reminded Me Of Asaba Massacre by RealTalkNoBull: 11:30pm On Dec 26, 2022
Ojukwu Biafran Igbo soldiers killed most none Igbo speakers in present day Edo and Delta State when they invaded MidWest for no reason. Asaba massacre was the revenge match. That’s why Gowon sent Murtala Muhammed to deal with them because he was from Auchi and a lot of his immediate relatives had been slaughtered by the igbos.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Collect Your Permanent Voters Card. / Security: TY Buratai Foundation Call For Full Restoration Of Role Of Traditional / North Will Deliver For Atiku, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.